I believe 'Breaking News' is 100% authentic and I want to talk about it here

Re: "Breaking News" Genuine Song Talk Here (Not For Fake Or Not Talk. For Those Who Appreciate the S

i think Teddy Riley did a mistake: He forgot to make the beat harder in every chorus, he just let the beat normally...

Re: "Breaking News" Genuine Song Talk Here (Not For Fake Or Not Talk. For Those Who Appreciate the S

There is a proof that he sang the new songs , READ THIS :

http://www.billiejean.be/Latest_News.39.html

The first day i was also not sure that it was MJ on breaking news , but after more details about the track i know in my heart that it is MJ ! :) When i first heard "You Rock My World" i had a little bit the same feeling , it was another sound then MJ in the 90 or 80's... Also his voice was little bit changed...

Sony is NOT stupid to use a stand in for michael ! , they have more then 100 unreleased tracks so they are not stupid to take a risk like some people think now....

I thought it was Michael from the first listen, even though I had my doubts from time to time when I was reading the forum... I am glad the Estate issued the statement. I think of all their points the most solid one is that forensic analysis, because it's more than listening and trusting your opinion, it's scientific results. Yes, they didn't made the research public, it's not necessary, cause why would they lie about it? I personally believe that they did that research and the results proved that it's MJ.

If the family is that unhappy, they should sue the Estate and Sony. Instead they keep posting on twitter causing mass hysteria. Why? Is it because they know they won't be able to prove anything in court? I guess so. SMH.

And the song is great, in my opinion. It's a very "Michael" song, it has this angry feel to it, that's usually present in Michael's "f*ck the press" songs. No one else writes and sings about these things.

I agree JMie, I mean...the forensic analysis is a big thing...I don't know how I can question that...

I believe it's Michael on the song. I also don't believe that the Casico's would try and pull a fast one. They have been in Michael's life forever, more so then Michael's own family. They could have SOLD some interesting stories if they wanted to (just like some of the Jackson's sold their story). I mean, Michael lived in the family home in New Jersey for FOUR months, but we never heard a peep from the family as to what Michael and his children were doing. Nobody in the family ever called the PAPS with a tip as to where Michael could be found. I trust them!

I support the song and I support the new album. As a matter of fact, I plan to give the album as stocking stuffer gifts during Christmas.

The Jackson family "claims" to want to protect Michael's legacy, well in my opinion, they are the ONLY ones who continue to destroy Michael's legacy with their constant "this is fake" (the Will) and "that is fake" (Michael in This Is It) whinning.

I agree JMie, I mean...the forensic analysis is a big thing...I don't know how I can question that...

Yea.........they can't lie about forensic analysis.........

Remember...........with all this talk about faking............some random dude will try to sue the estate claiming they sang the song........the estate will need all that proof............

I believe it's Michael on the song. I also don't believe that the Casico's would try and pull a fast one. They have been in Michael's life forever, more so then Michael's own family. They could have SOLD some interesting stories if they wanted to (just like some of the Jackson's sold their story). I mean, Michael lived in the family home in New Jersey for FOUR months, but we never heard a peep from the family as to what Michael and his children were doing. Nobody in the family ever called the PAPS with a tip as to where Michael could be found. I trust them!

I support the song and I support the new album. As a matter of fact, I plan on giving the album as stocking stuffer gifts during Christmas.

The Jackson family "claims" to want to protect Michael's legacy, well in my opinion, they are the ONLY ones who continue to destroy Michael's legacy with their constant "this is fake" (the Will) and "that is fake" (Michael in This Is It) whinning.

Well said Big Apple.. +rep for you ;)

Mods, I'm upset that my thread got merged here. I was trying to have a 100% positive thread about BN and I get back here and I've been merged in a thread where the first 3 pages are full of negativity. ARGH!

Can you please clean out the negative posts and maybe put in the title "For positive comments ONLY"

Thanks

BTW, I've updated my mediafire link. There's one more thing I'd like to smooth out but don't have the equipment. I feel there should be one more bar to extend the "againnnnn" in "He comes to give it again" JMO of course.

riviera1992;3066249 said:
The last few days, I've been tweaking Breaking News for my personal listening pleasure with the help of the repitched version.
I love to dance to it and get groovy with it. :D

With all the stress going on with the media, the new CD , the trial etc I've hit the Jesus juice a little
drunkj.gif

I urge you all to give it a try and allow yourself to find good in it. There's plenty of it.

My personal favorites:

The beginning. The thumping rythm made me play air drums.
bandy.gif

Looove the strings.

The cascading drums with AOW! at the end. It makes my heart flutter.:angel:

The voices harmonizing. James Porte has a beautiful voice and matches very well.

I blasted the song in my ears on a loop and really really felt Michael in it and I balled my eyes out hurting for him just like the day he died.
cryinggif.gif

Who are we to question Michael's touch on it? The funky music, the attitude, the melody and the hooks. It's all there.
So for the love of God and Michael, EMBRACE IT!

If it doesn't grow on you, I give up!!

Peace out

Turn it up!
http://www.mediafire.com/?71vttzfg45477sw

Lyrics

Breaking News!

Everybody wanting a piece of Michael Jackson
Reporters stalking the moves of Michael Jackson
Just when you thought he was done
He comes to give it again

They could put around the world today
He wanna write my obituary

No matter what, you just wanna read it again
No matter what, you just wanna feed it again

Why is it strange that I would fall in love?
Who is that boogieman your thinkin’ of?
Or am I crazy cause I'm just in love
This is breaking news
This is breaking news

Everybody watching the news on Michael Jackson
They wanna see that I fall cause I’m Michael Jackson
You write the words to destroy like it’s a weapon
You turned your back on love and you can’t get it again

No matter what, you just wanna read it again
No matter what, you just wanna feed it again

Or am I crazy cause I just in love
This is breaking news
This is breaking news

This is breaking news
This is breaking news

On the news today they say (we’re) crazy celebrity
(and) on the screen today we want display baby

This is breaking news
This is breaking news

This is breaking news
This is breaking news (Breaking the news)

Hee hee hee
hee hee hee hee

You're breaking the news.

Last edited:

I already put that for a thread title. I also mad a post of what this thread was about. I also said any posts saying it is fake will be deemed off topic and would be deleted. And I also asked for you guys to report any posts that do not adhere to this.

Edit:

OK guys. Thread cleaned. Continue on with the song appreciation. :D

Last edited:
Positive Posts For Those Who Want MJ's Musical Legacy to Continue

You and I may sometimes miss some of Michael Jackson's strong background vocals on his future recordings, because

in the words of Paris Jackson:
"I miss everything about Michael Jackson." :agree:

Nevertheless

"THE MUSICAL LEGACY OF MICHAEL JACKSON WILL CONTINUE and I am Loving it." :sun:

I loved the song from the first time I heard it.
Actually I was smiling because I thought it was so new and different, but not any moment I thought that it would be something that didn't match with Michael or even that it wasn't Michael. Vocally, neither about new ideas and styles, nothing new (almost nothing ^^) would ever surprise me from Michael!

Then, coming on the forums, I couldn't believe my eyes, but finally I believed them... after few moments of pure joy... a day of painfully doubting, followed by accepting : probably "they" are right... But I'ld never believe it just like that.

Anyway, I kept listening to the song and really, I like it more and more. It's catchy and it has a lot of power in it. And I can feel Michael in it, in the end that's what counts most for me.

"Heavily processed, filled in and what you want and not want"... yes, that's how it is, but still I can enjoy the result, I really enjoy it!

I think they choose these Cascio tracks because they are really significant for Michael's "Oeuvre" (sorry, what's english for it?). (I'm not going to talk here about what to think of their way of processing the tracks, nor about possible first or second reasons why the Cascio tracks were chosen = other thread.)

I can believe what T.R. and the Estate said.

I'm also confident in the forensic audiologists.

And my own ears, I dare to believe again ;)...

Some still say "but, the pronounciation"... well it's nothing strange that Michael speaks out words differently sometimes, it is not the first time...

But this is not what this thread is for.... just to say I appreciate and love the song. I enjoy it!!!

I don't think it's MJ voice on this track.

Last edited:

I love Breaking News, really looking forward to purchasing the album, excited and can't wait.

I hate the way some fans are basically saying "It's not him and you're stupid if you think it is." Like their opinion is a fact. When all it is is an opinion.
Thinking it is him is an opinion. Not thinking it is him is also an opinion.
We do not have the facts. We don't know who is right. We only have our own opinions to go on and people should respect other people's instead of acusing them of not being a true MJ fan or other BS like that, just because they hear something different.

That being said, I like the song and I'm looking forward to the album. :D

I'm still on the fence of whether or not it's really him but anyway, that's not what the thread is about. I do like the song actually, it's quite catchy. I played it this morning and I've been humming it ever since lol. I don't really like the lyrics though, they sound a bit arrogant to me... like "everybody wants a piece of Michael Jackson" that's not something he would typically write.

i think lead vocals its him, i like the lyrics i dont understand why on earth people think he wouldnt write it like, WTF are you his mind keeper?? its amazing how far some people went, one thing is thinkin its not him cause you dont hear him but other think is saying they are not his lyrics????? that is ridiculous. I like it and i will support the album 110%

We can prove Breaking News is MJ's song.

(Mods, please keep this in its own thread like I had it so we can analyse and contribute on this topic alone. It's too hidden like this for like-minded MJJC'ers to notice it)

Hi all

I've been a fan for about 20 years and listened to every MJ song I could get my hands on.

When MJ was accused of stealing the song Dangerous, he said in his court deposition he often would subconsciously re-use bits from older songs. He said an example would be the tune of:

"You're just another part of me" (Another part of me)
"But you're no damn a lover friend of mine" (Dangerous)

Sing these two pieces, notice the similarity?

Since I heard this, I began digging for other re-used pieces. I found:

Smooth Criminal, Who Is It, Billie Jean shared similar chord progressions ( I am not a musician, but something is similar)

They Don't Care About Us's guitar at the end is similar to a certain guitar part in Beat It and Dirty Diana.

Perhaps if this thread gets popular enough, I'll post clips of the audio showing the exact pieces which are similar.

So what can be found in breaking news which has been reused from older songs?

"No matter what, you just wanna read it again" is very similar to
"He really thought, he really had a hold on me" from This Time Around

The chorus:
"Now is that strange that i fall in love" is very similar to
"She really takes it with a heart of stone" from Give In To Me.

WOW!

This is all I've found, but I promise there's more, I just can't think exactly where/what.

Anyone else able to find anything?

Last edited:
Re: We can prove Breaking News is MJ's song.

Yes i like what you are looking for. Not counting its ridiculous people saying OH LYRICS CANT BE HIS. Somebody please give valid arguments. Why wouldnt he say Michael Jackson in his lyrics??? he had paintings of him as a king so why wouldnt put his name on a song? ( dont take this wrong Im totally pro to his paintings lol)

I'm still on the fence of whether or not it's really him but anyway, that's not what the thread is about. I do like the song actually, it's quite catchy. I played it this morning and I've been humming it ever since lol. I don't really like the lyrics though, they sound a bit arrogant to me... like "everybody wants a piece of Michael Jackson" that's not something he would typically write.

I definitely think it is something he would write especially after the trial. The context of the song, the words and his voice tell me this is Michael. It also reminded me of some of his previous songs regarding the tabloids but this is just more agressive. As far as there being other vocals on the album, I have no doubt they have background singers but in my mind that doesn't change that this is Michael.

there are many versions of BN on youtube !
which one is the official version ?!

Don't forget this was written post trial era. Personnally I was expecting more anger after what the poor man went through. Michael almost died from this traumatic experience.

I don't think we'll ever get to hear the real hardcore ones where he most likely let it all out but I'm pretty sure he wrote some heartbreaking stuff after the trial.

Personally, I love that part and the attitude in the words
" Michael Jacksoooonnnn" . In the same tone someone would say it in a mocking or derogative way. Don't know. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Also after reading TR's transcript from his radio interview when he talk about the infighting that's been going on forever and still going on, "everybody wants a piece of Michael Jacksooonn" sounds so much more relevant. And to put this in a song, he must've been really pulled apart from every directions. No wonder he hid at the Cascios for four months. How lucky are they to have him all for themselves and witness the creating genious first hand. I pray they have some video footage of these precious moments.

It never stops to amaze me, how much insight into the future is in Michael's writings.

--------------

Last edited:

I definitely think it is something he would write especially after the trial. The context of the song, the words and his voice tell me this is Michael. It also reminded me of some of his previous songs regarding the tabloids but this is just more agressive. As far as there being other vocals on the album, I have no doubt they have background singers but in my mind that doesn't change that this is Michael.
Katherine Jackson said on Oprah that trial changed him. MJ used to trust people and after that trial, he didn't trust anybody. :(
So I trully believe that he (would) wrote something like Breaking News.

"Everbody wants a piece of Michael Jackson"- d*mn straight Michael, on top of being a musical genius, you got some good prophetic tendencies, people are indeed fighting over a song as if they wanna make sure it's "theirs". Michael ORACLE Jackson. :punk:

He also said in a 60 Minutes interview and ABOUT HIMSELF "That's not Michael Jackson, that's someone else." :D
Love his ability take a look at himself from a different viewpoint.

'you write the words like it's a weapon'- well, I could think of a few people like that and they are not just found at Newspapers.

That song could have been a duet, starting out with a third party view on himself, and then the much softer "why is it strange that I would fall in love" theme.

Okay, they went a little bit with the "Eurovision Song Contest" style- clever move, because it means something that you can hum over and over again, and that's very much in Michael's sense.

MJ Ebony Interview said:
...But when you can have a melody, and everybody can hum a melody, then that’s when it became France, The Middle East, everywhere! All over the world now ’cause they put that melodic, linear thread in there. You have to be able to hum it, from the farmer in Ireland to the lady who scrubs toilets in Harlem to anybody who can whistle to a child poppin’ their fingers. You have to be able to hum it.

And that is what they did. It's mainstream compatible all over the world. Yeah, one piece of drum is a bit too much early 90ies, but hey, I love "the brass". :D

Personally, I love that part and the attitude in the words
" Michael Jacksoooonnnn" . In the same tone someone would say it in a mocking or derogative way. Don't know. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

yeah, he sounds really angry when he sings "Michael Jackson". I don't think you're reading too much into it.

It's such a great song! And I can't stop listening to it. Frankly, I was quite afraid of the new album because I thought I would not be able to listen to it at all without crying (like it happens to me when I watch the film This Is It or listen to the song). But I've been listening to it non-stop since Monday and I am so happy about it! I can't wait to get the album!

oh, and I love your siggy. hahaha

Back