I believe 'Breaking News' is 100% authentic and I want to talk about it here

Re: Shelter from the storm: if BREAKING NEWS has broken your brain, come in here!

Great idea for a thread!! I felt we all needed some de-briefing....:D

Re: Shelter from the storm: if BREAKING NEWS has broken your brain, come in here!

Ginvid!!!! I am rolling!:wild: I don't know when I have laughed so hard. Thank you!!!

Boycott mood for me.

Ginvid!!!! I am rolling!:wild: I don't know when I have laughed so hard. Thank you!!!

Thanks. I got that from another website and have been waiting to use it. I think it sums up how I feel about right now.

Im just stunned by all this....when will it end? :(

11qpfkm.jpg

Oh my dear God! I am laughing so hard I have the hic ups!! I think everybody should be required to come in this thread and try and lighten up.

Janine you are awesome for starting this!!!:clapping:

I was really excited to hear the new song, stayed up until midnight.

And then, it's not Michael!

I was so mad, i was like......

dramatic-bushbaby-o.gif

We are all here thinking about "the song" and forget that we are lost our dearest Michael , l think we are selfish to think about new material ,and forget the important.

We are all here thinking about "the song" and forget that we are lost our dearest Michael , l think we are selfish to think about new material ,and forget the important.

For me it's making the loss of him as a person even more intense. It's making it seem real to me all over again.... that he's not here and the world is still trying to use and abuse the concept of him. :(

For me it's making the loss of him as a person even more intense. It's making it seem real to me all over again.... that he's not here and the world is still trying to use and abuse the concept of him. :(

Pretty much this.
The fact that he's gone and can't do anything about this tomfoolery makes everybody so upset.

Hey i dont think any of us will ever forget that we lost michael. Its just alot of us feel there was still so much left in michael, and we all wanna get a chance to experince it .

this song is brainwashing me. It's obviously not Michael but the redundancy of the guy singing "Michael Jackson" keeps making me laugh my head off! It's stuck in my head.

It's almost surreal, I can't believe this whole thing is happening.

michaelnoo.gif

this was pretty much my reaction when I realized who WASN'T singing that song...

Hey i dont think any of us will ever forget that we lost michael. Its just alot of us feel there was still so much left in michael, and we all wanna get a chance to experince it .

Somehow yes but we have to cry for him ,he deserves it....

flailinghands-1.gif

gaaaaaaah..i''ve had it!

I'm less depressed than I was yesterday, but today I just feel:

screamanim.gif

I am kind of over it now, just 'whatever' about it but when I first heard the song, I actually cried when I realized it wasn't Michael. Not only was I let down but I was amazed at how Sony could be so heartless to disrespect Michael, his family and his fans. I was so excited for this album and now I am very wary. After hearing songs that are clearly Michael got me a little excited again because they are great, but I am still so let down by everything.

It makes me get my inner Alanis on. "It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife. " I am singing that loudly and I look like a total maniac.

So, with my SONY headphones on I spent the next 12 hours questioning my sanity. I thought- is it true- am I losing it now by trying to figure out if this dude there is Michael Jackson- or not.

By the time it was time to somehow scrape my sticky contact lenses from my puffy eyes that cried way too much for my own good- the person with the KNIFE finally appeared, whereas I only had aforementioned 10000 spoons in my crackly drawer.

OPRAH!
That was the 'train wreck heading into a certain direction" that just couldn't be stopped.

I quickly started to resemble this guy.

And the next day I squeezed my contact lenses back into my puffy eyes.

Not only was my heart bleeding for Michael, but also my ears were bleeding from having listened to this song way too loud, way too often.

Mass hysteria can certainly break one's brain.

Last edited:

OMG!!! I"m like, crying and laughing at the same time (this is one of my FAVE moments from that movie...) and it's SO true..it's exactly how I feel...what a complete disaster :puke:

Being an MJ fan makes you reconsider the existence of parallel universes.

'Cause you never know if you are in a wormhole that'll spit you in another universe in a different time with a "reality" where you don't know how the reality comes about- or you're just under the influence of some unseen force and if the crew is working on straightening things out and in the meantime you just try your best not to get into weird interactions that you might regret later.

It's never dull.

You look forward to hearing a new song. In my case, I LOVED all things Teddy Riley and Michael Jackson since I was freakin' 12 years old. Needless to say that an unheard song of that caliber- that was like Christmas and this weird feeling of really looking forward to something when you really should be paying your bills instead.

So, come Sunday night you're hyped and feeling pretty good. And then, let the curtain come up...

Cry.gif

rt2a8p.gif

A weird sense of hysteria sets in.
changminhystericallaugh.gif

Last night, after Breaking News broke my sense of sanity and "sh*t, I have been a musician since I was 6, I should hear that."- I briefly considered to refresh my practical knowledge of organic chemistry.

25.jpg

But I knew that substance abuse wouldn't help.

Last edited:

It doesn't make sense. It doesn't make any sense. Why this happened?

I'm crushed. My thought has been preoccupied by this fiasco in the last two days; that, I can bearly function at work. This is a huge let down not only because of not getting a song I wished for, but because of the broken trust. Sony is not trustworthy. The producers are not trustworthy. The Estate administrators, the very people who are supposed to safeguard Michael's legacy, are not trustworthy. How can I keep the faith anymore?

In the last couple months, when people were disappointed and anxious and blamed the Estate for the lack of communications, I stood by the Estate. To be fair, they did a beautiful job in This Is It and other projects. I understand the Estate is doing their best to make this album happened. But, this is what I got for being faithful? Michael trusted John Branca and John McClain enough to name them the administrators of his Estate. How can they let this happen? How can they do this to him?

I have so many questions. Things just don't add up. How can a respected producer like Teddy Riley agree to cut and paste the demos together and call it a releasable song? Why would Sony release such a weak song to kick-start the promotion of the new album? Gosh... please tell me this is a nightmare. This is not real.

This is supposed to be an excited time. With a new album, DVD boxed set and video game. Breaking News managed to spoil my excitment. I don't know what to expect now. If the Cascio tracks are to be included in the album, how can I look at the album without a trace of sadness and anger? How? How am I going to have faith in all future releases? This is sad.

Just a week ago, I thought the worst case scenario is that the album is released with mixed reivew, did not top the chart, did not sell well. Now, sales figure and chart position are irrelevant. I just want a respectful and genuine Michael Jackson album now. I don't care if I heard all the songs before. I just want a Michael Jackson album.

Gosh... what happen if the album sells misearbly and Sony exit the record deal? Are we going to get the Off the Wall re-release? BAD concert DVD? I'm concerned now.

Why this happened? Why they release Breaking News, while there are other better choices?

This is the worst they can do. They basically reverse the momentum that started building since This Is It last year.

:cry: How can they do this to Michael?

This is a huge let down not only because of not getting a song I wished for, but because of the broken trust. Sony is not trustworthy. The producers are not trustworthy. The Estate administrators, the very people who are supposed to safeguard Michael's legacy, are not trustworthy. How can I keep the faith anymore?

:cry: How can they do this to Michael?

You hit the nail on the head -- I feel the same. It's like when I used to do something bad as a child and then lie about it to my parents; they would always tell me that the worst part was the lying, because just one time can make a person lose their trust in you. I now see more clearly than ever what MJ had to go through all the time, when he said "The only person I trust is Katherine and even her I'm not so sure of." It really sucks. My faith in the system feels totally broken. And it makes me wonder what ELSE people have been lying about....

I'm really sorry you are having a hard time focusing at work. You're not the only one! Some of my other MJ fans feel the same. I'm personally not working at the moment so I feel like I have nothing to distract me and that's also driving me crazy! Hugs, and I hope we have some better answers soon, and until then try to smile though your heart is aching....

The whole thing makes me really sad. But I'm tired of hearing about it right now... It's too emotionally draining to get myself heavily involved...but its hard to help :/

Back