Hollywood Tonight CD single

I think Mercury is doing the same thing in relation to singles - only if it's an 'exceptional circumstance' will a single then be pressed.

I think that's really sad. I know plenty of people download now but I'd rather the physical CD in my hands. I think it's a shame CD singles are more or less on their last legs.

well well, and this is one that is him. just goes to show the damage we did even to stuff that is his.

Yes, the fans caused a fuss but whatever we think of the authenticity of the tracks they are certainly questionnable.
even if the vocals are genuine they were processed to the point where it is difficult to recognise them as such and so it was a bad decision on Sony's part to inlude them on the album, especially given the objections of the family and their tweets.
Those Tweets kicked all this off before we even heard Breaking News and were as a result of Sony not listening to the Jacksons' assertion the vocals weren' genuine. After BN was premiered online the fans also strongly questioned the authenticity of the tracks and at that point Sony should have changed tactic. They didn't. Because of Sony's actions, the dubious tracks have impacted on the genuine ones. There are even people out there questionning 'Hollywood Tonight' and stating that the voals are not genuine on that song, which is incorrect IMO. That is Sony' fault, not ours. The thing is, I don't even think the Cascio tracks we've heard are very good. I would be able to see why Sony wanted to push them if they had major hit potential but they didn't. They are dated and are very weak songs in the first place, so why risk it?!
We know that there are other better songs in the vault with better vocals that can be recognised as 100% MJ and so Sony should have used them instead.
Blaming the fans is rather pointless IMO.

I wonder how many songs made their debut above HT this week...

That is because it is only radio airplay, no digital release or cd release in US.

not that many songs have CD release nowadays. unless we are talking about a blockbuster huge hit, i don't expect seeing CD single being released in the US.

as for digital release, i don't understand why the radio edit or the throwback mix of HT is not available for download.

the promotion strategy thus far is incoherent. even the most hard-core fans who spent hours on message board like this one have problem in getting information about single release. we are not sure when the song became available on radio. we are not sure about the format of the release. how could we expect the general public to know about the song?

Sad, isn't it? I expected other people to hurt Michael, but never his own fans. :cry:

See the following post.

Yes, the fans caused a fuss but whatever we think of the authenticity of the tracks they are certainly questionnable.
even if the vocals are genuine they were processed to the point where it is difficult to recognise them as such and so it was a bad decision on Sony's part to inlude them on the album, especially given the objections of the family and their tweets.
Those Tweets kicked all this off before we even heard Breaking News and were as a result of Sony not listening to the Jacksons' assertion the vocals weren' genuine. After BN was premiered online the fans also strongly questioned the authenticity of the tracks and at that point Sony should have changed tactic. They didn't. Because of Sony's actions, the dubious tracks have impacted on the genuine ones. There are even people out there questionning 'Hollywood Tonight' and stating that the voals are not genuine on that song, which is incorrect IMO. That is Sony' fault, not ours. The thing is, I don't even think the Cascio tracks we've heard are very good. I would be able to see why Sony wanted to push them if they had major hit potential but they didn't. They are dated and are very weak songs in the first place, so why risk it?!
We know that there are other better songs in the vault with better vocals that can be recognised as 100% MJ and so Sony should have used them instead.

^^^^^Too right!!!

When leaked songs sound better then the released ones.........

........one must ask, what are Sony/Estate playing at????

Absolutely, 100% agree with this..

It is irresponsible to blame the fans protesting at the Cascio songs for the lack of CD single releases.

On page 1, it plainly states that their reasons are due to poor sales of HMH. One conversation indicating that this is due to the vocals debate does not mean that everyone who is not readily accepting MJ's catalogue being tainted is to blame.

It is unfair to say that. Statements like this turn fans against each other.

You guys sure take a CD store liek vigrin mega store for granted, but u r so so so lucky that u can buy all the new singles, and albums anytiem u wish.

some fans can never have the chance to buy or if lucky they may egt 'em in months.

i do wish to have HollyWood Tonight single CD. each time i read the title of this thread.... my heart breaks.
:(

Hmm, I thought Behind The Mask was gonna be the US single? Was HT only released to urban radio? The promotion is definitely messed up.

I want it sooo much but I can't find it anywhere around my country :(

The UK Amazon page now has the release date for a week later - 26th of April. That's a Tuesday and CD singles are usually released on Mondays so I don't know what's going on with it.

I can't find it anywhere.

I am affraid it will not be released as a CD single. :(

p4120016.jpg

I'm an online marketeer by profession. Sure I can give them a hand on how to better promote this. Haven't seen or heard anything yet.........

You should give them some advice!

Promotion has been terrible.

Of course you can, they ship everywhere, I live in Croatia and I ordered it from Korea. I'll also buy German single.

But do you have a link to the korean single? I have found the german - as you can see in my post. :)

It can be true that you can only get the Korean single via ebay can it?

Back