Give your grade for the project 'Michael' the album?

You shouldn't let the Cascio tracks take the shine off genuinely inspired LEGITIMATE songs which deserve credit.

I wish that were the case but the other songs are all damned by association. Much Too Soon is one of the best songs I've heard in the last few years but I can't enjoy it at all because of what's happened.

Subject (Grade: A,B,C,D,F)

1. Album artwork C
2. Album production D
3. Album promotion F
4. Song selection D/F
5. Song quality C

Overall Grade: D (2/5)

I wish that were the case but the other songs are all damned by association. Much Too Soon is one of the best songs I've heard in the last few years but I can't enjoy it at all because of what's happened.

That's really sad that you feel that way.

Granted, what's happened with the Cascio songs is an outrage and has tainted the album as a whole for a lot of fans, but you have to remember it's Michael's heart and his talent all over the other seven songs and it's a tragic waste if you can't seperate the good, honest songs from the downright fishy.

Songs like MTS, BOJ, BTM and HT should be cherished by every fan - don't let the terrible decisions made by the estate stop you from appreciating the mans God-given gift.

1. Album artwork: B
2. Album production: C
3. Album promotion: E
4. Song selection: C
5. Song quality: B

1. Album artwork: D. To me, the cover is okay. It's a failed attempt to recreate the magic of the Dangerous cover. But, the booklet is such a disappointment. The layout, the design and the contents are so generic.

2. Album production: D if I apply the Michael Jackson standard. B when compare to what the music industry offers us thesedays.

3. Album promotion: F. Total unimpressive and underwhelming efforts. Sony makes the whole project feels like a "cash-in" attempt.

4. Song selection: C. All I want to say in this thread is that I cherish Best of Joy, Behind the Mask and Much Too Soon forever. At the same time, I cannot forgive the mistake the Estate and Sony made in song selection.

5. Song quality: B. TWYLM, BOJ, BTM and MTS are precious.

Overall Grade: C. Mixed feeling. I'm glad to hear some of the songs on the album. But, when I think about the missed opportunity, the mistake and the potentials of the leaked songs like Blue Gangster and Slave to the Rhythm, it aches my heart.

The album cover is littered with insult upon insult. Joe and Katherine getting married, surrounded by a leather belt strap? Absolutely disgusting. Michael's beloved children looking up at money falling over them? Sickening. Smiling child that looks absolutely identical to Gavin Arvizo? Horrifying. Don't believe me? Log onto Youtube and watch the footage of Michael and Gavin and look at that smile... and then tell me it's not the same kid.

The people who put this thing together must have hated Michael Jackson.

a11.jpg

Yet another stab in the back and repeated blow to his integrity. It is indeed disgusting.

The album cover is littered with insult upon insult. Joe and Katherine getting married, surrounded by a leather belt strap? Absolutely disgusting. Michael's beloved children looking up at money falling over them? Sickening. Smiling child that looks absolutely identical to Gavin Arvizo? Horrifying. Don't believe me? Log onto Youtube and watch the footage of Michael and Gavin and look at that smile... and then tell me it's not the same kid.

a11.jpg

holy. crap. i didn't see that. wtf??!

1. Album artwork: C
2. Album production: D
3. Album promotion: C
4. Song selection: D
5. Song quality: B (except the 3 Cascio songs, they get an F)

Average: C+

3. Album promotion: C
4. Song selection: F
5. Song quality: D (unfortunate really, because some songs are A/B)

Overall Grade: D

Since all the other MJ albums get an A from me, this one will go like this:

2. Album production: B
3. Album promotion: D

Overall Grade: B

4. Song selection: C (I don't doubt vocal authenticity.but "blue ganster""do you know where your children are" ... should have been much better choices. )
5. Song quality: C (B if cascio songs were realeased as bonus)

Overall Grade: C

1. Album artwork: D- (It strikes me as eerie, with all the symbolism, tbh.)
3. Album promotion: F (I have yet to see even one commercial for this thing. Probably for the best, though, but it still strikes me as odd that they would bother going through so much trouble, only to completely fail to promote the finished product in the end.)
4. Song selection: D (I was hoping for tracks such as Do You Know Where Your Children Are. Instead, I get things of questionable origin. Also, there's only 10 tracks?!)
5. Song quality: C (Some of the songs are excellent, while others are not.)

Overall Grade: C- (and that's me being biased, because I am reluctant to fail anything with Michael on it.)

a11.jpg

That's beyond disgusting. I'm telling you, the cover is just plain weird. =/

1. Album artwork: D (I dislike it a lot, it could have been so much more tasteful.)
2. Album production: C (Neff-U is good, Teddy Riley overproduced IMO.)
3. Album promotion: F (It's a big fail and you can see that on the charts.)
4. Song selection: D (To include controversial songs was a big fail. Otherwise there are also gems on this album. Michael has so many great unreleased songs, this album could have been so much better.)
5. Song quality: B (Like I said above some songs are gems, but some, I doubt Michael would have ever released them - at least in this form.)

Overall Grade: C-

Bit too dark to be Gavin.....

Why would they even do that...? Nobody would notice, unless the painter just decided to add it in to amuse himself..

EDIT

I didnt think it was Gavin at all until I just noticed a dollar floating in front of him.....

Which is quite weird, but its pretty much saying the Arvizo's were after money. So at least it isn't insulting, but I wouldnt have put it in the painting nevertheless.

We all know (unfortunately) what Gavin looks like. No need for the video. In other words we're able to decide for ourselves whether we think that's Gavin or not. No need to ram it down our throats. Thanks.

We all know (unfortunately) what Gavin looks like. No need for the video. In other words we're able to decide for ourselves whether we think that's Gavin or not. No need to ram it down our throats. Thanks.

Uncanny isn't it?

Following, is a cumulative summary of the grades from the data on posts 1-50:

1. Album artwork: C+
3. Album promotion: D-
4. Song selection: C-
5. Song quality: B-

Overall Grade: C

I will do another summary once we reach 75 posts.

REMINDER: The purpose of this thread is to allow fans to provide their grades for the project 'Michael' the album. Thank you for providing your interesting feedback!

Last edited:
3. Album promotion: F

1. Album artwork: D
4. Song selection: F
5. Song quality: D

Overall Grade: F

1. Album artwork: B (I actually really like it, my only real complaint is that it perhaps could've been used for a Greatest Hits, although the first posthumous album seems a suitable enough occasion as well)
2. Album production: B (again, pleasantly surprised really. If you're going to touch the songs at all, do the job well, and I thought a pretty decent job was done on these)
3. Album promotion: C (Could've been more adventurous and less tacky than that huge poster in a muddy field, lol. But then again, the market has become saturated with MJ stuff lately given how recent TII album, film, CD and DVD were for most people... Vision, too.)
4. Song selection: C+ (Hard to say as I don't know just how deep those vaults are. There's some good stuff there, though - strategy seems to be to not have all the killer songs released first, which seems reasonable enough)
5. Song quality: B-

Overall grade: B-

Back