FT article: Michael Jackson estate says accuser is trying to extract $213mn

Completely disagree.

I feel very strongly that this settlement, which went completely unreported for five years, could do more damage to MJ’s career than anything that has come before, LN included. The estate paying accusers into silence will invite more hate than any of the “he said, she said” nonsense we’ve been accustomed to at this point.
It's not a settlement, they didn't even make a accusation. They sold fake tracks, their relationship fell out and then they extorted them threatening to make false claims about Michael.

It's not a settlement, they didn't even make a accusation. They sold fake tracks, their relationship fell out and then they extorted them threatening to make false claims about Michael.
That's a good point. They never fully made allegations (as far as we're aware) it was just them threatening to. Which is why I'm pretty comfortable with the situation.

But also, we don't know the ins and outs of the case so I'll be curious to see what more we learn about it. I kinda suspect this was pre-emtive damage control by the estate, preparing for the possibility of that news going public from another source soon.

That's a good point. They never fully made allegations (as far as we're aware) it was just them threatening to. Which is why I'm pretty comfortable with the situation.

But also, we don't know the ins and outs of the case so I'll be curious to see what more we learn about it. I kinda suspect this was pre-emtive damage control by the estate, preparing for the possibility of that news going public from another source soon.
The fact that allegedly Branca made this public instead of the party itself makes me very comfortable.

Unfortunately, the Estate can't use the argument: "this is the same shady family that sold us fraudulent tracks sung by an imposter". Because they made several idiotic decisions before.. first when they bought them and released them, then when they defended them in court and finally when they defended them after they settled.

Unfortunately, the Estate can't use the argument: "this is the same shady family that sold us fraudulent tracks sung by an imposter". Because they made several idiotic decisions before.. first when they bought them and released them, then when they defended them in court and finally when they defended them after they settled.
As long as Branca succeeds in the confidentiality thing he's taking legal action for, we can rest easy for awhile. As long as the biopic gets a free rollout, it does not matter what follows

stacy brown is the source behind this article. All the quotes form branca come form him.

He might have made it all up. The interview he linked to in the article to the supposed video of him interviewing Branca is just a video of himself talking. Branca isn't in it all all.

He's done it before with jermaine and claiming he wrote a book with him. People still attribute the quote to Jermaine till this day.

stacy brown is the source behind this article. All the quotes form branca come form him.

He might have made it all up. The interview he linked to in the article to the supposed video of him interviewing Branca is just a video of himself talking. Branca isn't in it all all.

He's done it before with jermaine and claiming he wrote a book with him. People still attribute the quote to Jermaine till this day.
This is very believable, unfortunately we can only wait and see

Back