Ever been to an MJ concert?

I've been to 14 concerts :blush:

My first one was in 1988 in Rotterdam (Netherlands) on June 5. I was so overwhelmed that I went again in september 1988, in Gelsenkirchen (Germany) on September 4. By that time, it was already dark outside when the concert started, so it was even more impressive.

Went again in 1992, twice in Rotterdam, and once in Cologne (Koln) in Germany. Then London, two dates in july. Was on my way to Gelsenkirchen in september, but that one was cancelled.

In 1993 I travelled to Tenerife for a concert in Santa Cruz. That was I think the most amazing one. Mostly because the whole Chandler-thing was out there full force. But many fans from all over the world turned up to show their support. That was also the reason I went mainly. I have made a report on that, and have a montage of Jam with parts from that concert on video. Will look it up to put it on Youtube soon.

The HIStory tour brought me to Prague in 1996. There we heard from a tour member he was coming to Amsterdam, because concerts in Marocco (I think) couldn't happen for some reason. The then new Amsterdam Arena was recommended to him by Tina Turner, who was the first singer to perform there.

In 1997 the HIStory tour came to our region officially and two more dates in Amsterdam.

All in all a great experience through the years. If he would tour again now, I don't think I would go to all concerts I can afford. I do hope that if he comes back again, he will change some aspects. Many things were very similar during the three seperate tours.

I remember in 1996 me and a friend were able to hang around with 3T in their dressing room for a tv show. I told them this also, saying: 'if he could at least say something else then 'now we're gonna give you, the old songs, the old fashioned way'.
Michael would use the same sentence for decades for each concert. 3T was going to the show in Amsterdam, and believe it or not, Michael this time said: "Now we're gonna dooooo", with a lot of emphasis on the 'do', and not using 'give you'. I'm not sure of course, but can't help wondering if maybe....

All in all a great experience through the years. If he would tour again now, I don't think I would go to all concerts I can afford.
You won't?? :scratch:Why not? I certainly would, and I've been to many more shows than you have... I don't think I could ever get tired of it, ever in my lifetime... if he's gonna tour again, I'd want to be right there again. Ofcourse, as we've gotten older, it would be harder to combine with work and family commitments, but still, I know I'd try real hard.

I do hope that if he comes back again, he will change some aspects. Many things were very similar during the three seperate tours.

Well I don't think he will, or should. Victory, Bad, Dangerous and HIStory tours all had their specific characteristics, and some parts are just such an essential part of the show I don't think he'd ever throw them out. That's part of being a commercial succes at his level. The 'general' audience would be disappointed if he dropped or radically changed Billie Jean or Thriller. So I don't think he will, or should.

My first one was in 1988 in Rotterdam (Netherlands) on June 5. I was so overwhelmed that I went again in september 1988, in Gelsenkirchen (Germany) on September 4. By that time, it was already dark outside when the concert started, so it was even more impressive.

Went again in 1992, twice in Rotterdam, and once in Cologne (Koln) in Germany. Then London, two dates in july. Was on my way to Gelsenkirchen in september, but that one was cancelled.

In 1993 I travelled to Tenerife for a concert in Santa Cruz. That was I think the most amazing one. Mostly because the whole Chandler-thing was out there full force. But many fans from all over the world turned up to show their support. That was also the reason I went mainly. I have made a report on that, and have a montage of Jam with parts from that concert on video. Will look it up to put it on Youtube soon.

The HIStory tour brought me to Prague in 1996. There we heard from a tour member he was coming to Amsterdam, because concerts in Marocco (I think) couldn't happen for some reason. The then new Amsterdam Arena was recommended to him by Tina Turner, who was the first singer to perform there.

In 1997 the HIStory tour came to our region officially and two more dates in Amsterdam.

All in all a great experience through the years. If he would tour again now, I don't think I would go to all concerts I can afford. I do hope that if he comes back again, he will change some aspects. Many things were very similar during the three seperate tours.

I remember in 1996 me and a friend were able to hang around with 3T in their dressing room for a tv show. I told them this also, saying: 'if he could at least say something else then 'now we're gonna give you, the old songs, the old fashioned way'.
Michael would use the same sentence for decades for each concert. 3T was going to the show in Amsterdam, and believe it or not, Michael this time said: "Now we're gonna dooooo", with a lot of emphasis on the 'do', and not using 'give you'. I'm not sure of course, but can't help wondering if maybe....

FOURTEEN concerts??!! I'm JEALOUS!! :lol: I can remember when the Dangerous tour started...I was BEGGING my dad to take me to Munich for the first show! :lmao: I was like "Dad...can't we fly to Munich!! I wanna see Michael Jackson!!!" :angel:And he just gave me this "you're out of your mind!!" look and said "uhm...no". :lol: And that was it. :lol: I did get to go to two other concerts though. My dad was gonna help me pay the trip and the tickets on one condition....that I pay part of it myself. So I got my first job ever...picking berries. :mello: Spent hours on my knees in the mud...in pouring rain. Anything for MJ! :clapping:

Hi guys,

I've been lucky enough to see him once in concert. It was during the HIStory Tour in Nice, France, on July 27th 1997. Of course it was great to see that for real and I hope it will be possible to see him live in the future, maybe in a smaller place.

I did get to go to two other concerts though. My dad was gonna help me pay the trip and the tickets on one condition....that I pay part of it myself. So I got my first job ever...picking berries. :mello: Spent hours on my knees in the mud...in pouring rain. Anything for MJ! :clapping:

That is so cool... good for you! I got my first job to go see MJ in concert too, working at a supermarket when I was 16. I actually had been saving up my pocketmoney to buy a horse since I was 9 years old, and ended up spending that money on Michaels shows too... I never got to buy that horse, but I did see 19 shows on the bad tour! :flowers:

And then I knew I wanted to see more shows on the Dangerous tour. Saving up for the Bad tour had been easier, as I was still living at home and had no rent to pay! For Dangerous, I needed to get two jobs, one to pay the rent, the second one, to pay for the concerts... I had met another fan then who wanted to do the same thing, follow the Dangerous tour around, and for almost two years, we busted our butts together, working double and triple shifts to save up for that tour. There were days, when I would work at a store from 9 to 6, go home, sleep 3 hours, then work a nightshift at Burgerking, go home, sleep 2 more hours, and then work at the store again... :heat:And on my day off I'd sleep. :dropdead:And my friend did the same thing. We kept each other going, talking about Michael all the time on those nightshifts! :shakehands It sounds kinda crazy now, but I'm SO glad we did it, because the Dangerous tour was one of the happiest times in my life! It wasn't like it is now, with hundreds of fans following - in the summer of 92 we were 12 fans following everywhere, with sleepingbags on the nighttrain, and maybe 30 or 40 more fans showing up in different countries too. So we all knew each other, and Michaels crew were so nice to us! It was awesome.:punk:

Dang, I want him to tour again! :wub: :angel:I have no complaints if he won't though, I realize I've had more than my fair share of seeing MJ, I count myself really really really really lucky. :flowers:

Last edited:
Went to 5 concerts to the HIStory tour - Prague in '96, Dublin, 2 in Paris and one in Amsterdam. They were all brilliant, but especially the Prague concert. I was up about five rows from the front of the stage really near Michael. Amazing experience, then there were the helicopters overhead in the end. Amazing, exciting!!!

I've been to five, two in 1984 Victory tour, I was eight :D and two BAD concerts, and then many, many years later New York 2001.

I've waited a long, long time for Michael to tour the US again, I don't know if he will, but at this point I'll take anything, I would love to see him perform live and I would go to as many shows as I could... I also really want my kids to see him, they are 7 and 9, so I think they are old enough now, for a US show anyway!:yes:

So come on Michael...I'm still waiting:timer:

I've been to see Michael Jackson twice when he toured Los Angeles, California, which was too long ago. It is very interesting reading all the stories about Michael's
"standing-up concerts" around the world. Due to various safety laws here in the
U.S. every person sold a ticket must be provided with a seat. Everyone, of course
still does stand up, anyway, once the concert begins. They give us a seat, but they
can't make us sit in it. We have to see, Michael Jackson!!!! :woohoo:
Dear, Michael Jackson, it's been forever, :timer:.
PLEASE HAVE A CONCERT IN THE GOOD OLD, U.S.A.:angel:

FOURTEEN concerts??!! I'm JEALOUS!! :lol:
Hmm, you're jealous by 14 concerts? Then better don't ask how many Satyagrahi has seen! It's mind boggling! :cheeky:

I myself have seen 25 (1 in '92, 3 in '96, 18 in '97.... I was supposed to see Ostende too, but had to go back to work before the rescheduled date, 1 in '99 and 2 in '01)! 1997 truely was one of the greatest summer in my live! My concertlist just grew and grew and I also had to work in between, so sometimes it was truely exhausting! Sometimes I would get home from a concert and go back to work like 3 to 1 hours later!

One of my regrets is, that I only got to see the Dangerous tour once! In the summer of '92 we went to London for holiday and my mother went ahead to book a flight, without telling me first... and of course, she booked the return flight exactly on the day Michael was supposed to do his first Wembley show! :doh: Damn it! I was 15 at the time and begging and negotiating to change that flight, to let me stay longer to whatever... but since she took me and a friend the show in Munich already, there was no chance to convince her to let me see another show! The day before we left London we went to the Wembley stadium and there was this huge gate open... and I could see the stage and all the vendors had already built up their stuff... It still annoys me when I think about it... I was so close!

You won't?? :scratch:Why not? I certainly would, and I've been to many more shows than you have... I don't think I could ever get tired of it, ever in my lifetime... if he's gonna tour again, I'd want to be right there again. Ofcourse, as we've gotten older, it would be harder to combine with work and family commitments, but still, I know I'd try real hard.
Well, I also think I would go to as many as possible! I've been waiting for that since 11 years... it's just hard, when you only have a limited amount of off-days from work... add the fact that everyone thinks you're crazy for doing that:tease:... but whatever! :cheeky:

But I also do hope though, that, if he goes on tour there will be a totally new show! Of course, the Victory, Bad, Dangerous and HIStory tour each had their own characteristics... but still they all were very similar to each other!

I hope this time there will be a more interesting stage setup... hopefully with a catwalk which he is really going to use! I still think it's a shame that he didn't use that catwalk on the HIStory tour properly! Also there should be more emphasis on the singing and the music! I mean, HIStory was great then, but been there, done that!

Last edited:
no i havent i either dont have any money or its too far away from me but i would like to go to one someday that would be so awsome

Just found these videos from MUNICH 1999 on YouTube...Never seen them before. I MISS MUNICH!!!!!! :boohoo: I could just start crying....:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: I can't remember when was the last time I was AS HAPPY as I was then...I had SUCH a great time....!!!!!!!!! :boohoo: I think the press conference days in June and the whole MJ&FRiends weekend are probably what I'd want to re-live if I was given the chance. The only things I'd skip would be the feeling of suffocating at the stadium gate and the bridge falling down too fast when MJ was performing Earth Song. Everything else...I'd wanna do it all over again. :yes:

I WANNA GO BACK TO MUNICH 1999!!! *stomps foot and pouts* :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlTPQQ7QYUs

I can TOTALLY remember the balloons...and MJ wearing those PJs...and him waving at the window and smiling! AAAAAWWWWWWWW!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: And I can remember being there with the Norwegian fans that day and we just had so much fun. (That was the day "blondie" discovered she has TWO hands...:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

summer: "Hey...!!! Let's write MICHAEL on our hands...so that each of us has one letter on her hand...And then when they go "Gimme an M...Gimme an I..." etc., we can put our hand up in the air and then when we all have our hands up in the air it will say 'Michael'..!!" :kickass:

Other fans: "Summer that's a GREAT idea!!!"

summer: "How many letters are there in Michael?...
*counts with fingers*
...Seven...How many do all of us make together?
*points each fan and counts*
"Oh, but there is only six of us..."
*disappointed*.........
*suddenly summer makes the DISCOVERY OF THE CENTURY and is excited to have discovered something so great*
"OH..................but we've got TWO HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :yes: :kickass: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Other fans: "Oh my god, SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :doh: :doh: :doh:

*summer and other fans DIE LAUGHING (but finally make the idea a reality...and summer gets two letters on her hands, A & E....to remind her that she really does have TWO hands...* :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

So yeah....I'm a true blonde. :doh: What can I say...! :lmao: :lmao:)

Anyways...I just can still remember all those days like it was yesterday....:wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGKyHAZisT0&feature=related

The Bulgarian MJ fans are on that video!!!! :yes: I ended up spending about 3 days with them in Warsaw in 2000 when MJ was supposed to come to Poland, but then cancelled at the last minute and all of us were stuck in Warsaw and so we just spent the days together and it was somehow the worst trip ever, but yet somehow totally funny whe you look at it now. :lol: Oh..at least we saw Wayne...:dont_mention_it::smilerolleyes: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Let's all go back to Munich!!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

:D

Thanks for these great videos, Summer! :clapping: I haven't seen these before, they were cool!

No. Sadly. :(

I mean watching him on a screen gives me chills, I can only imagine how a live concert would feel...
****ing amazing, yeah?

Last edited:
Sadly i have never been to a MJ concert. That is my ultimate dream, to see him perform live. Wow that would be amazing..

I saw him at the Glasgow Green in August of 1992 with the Dangerous Tour, one of the best days of my life! Tickets were free as Michael sent tickets to the childrens home where she worked and she took me along :)

I believe retail was around £25-£30

Seen him once, 1992 Dangerous Tour in Stockholm. I was only 5 years old at the time thou, so I don't remember too much from it. But the memory of the lasers before Thriller is something I'll never forget:)..

I was 10, when Michael was in Munich in 1999. My father joked to my mum what about getting me there. i´m afraid it was just joking ...
if i could have been there ...
Until now i saw him just on videos

I went to the Dangerous tour in Rome, July 4th 1992.....
And I lost the History tour in Lian in 1996 because I had school exams the day before at the time.....

I've seen him twice during the history world tour. The first was in Milan in June 1997 and then in Nice . I have wonderful memories but I miss that kind of emotions....

It depends what kind of concert it is. I was in Prague in the middle of the field, it was soooo well packed there, I've been squashed and pushed a million times and couldn't see much without TV screens, Michael was so far... But it was my first concert and next time in Tallinn 1997 I was very close to the stage 4-5th row and it's incredible experience ;)
I am happy that I was big enought to be able to get to another country and visit Jackson shows. I know that many people are dreaming about that now, but even us ( I mean people who visited MJ's shows) are dreaming to see him again. I remember, after the concert in Tallinn, me and my friend bought some beer to chill out ( I was soo thirsty), we were siting on a grass and watching how workers were dismantling the stage straight away after the show, when people are still leaving the stadium. If I could know that I'm not going to see him again for more that 10 years.... :(
I could buy another ticket for the next concert in Helsinki :/ But there was a financial side of problem, we didn't have so much money those days, even 40$ I paid for the concert ticket was not cheap. Because you have to get there, pay for transport, food, merchadising etc...
I've been on 2 History Tour shows and I wish I could visit more, but...
So guys, don't worry, even if you never even been on MJ concert, we have the same wishes and feeling now and all dreaming to see him again!

Well the crush is only at the front, you said you wanted to be front row, so that's what triggered those comments. There are loads of good places in a stadium or concert hall where you could see the show really well, without being way at the front. At the back of the front pit is one really good place to be, if you don't want the crush. Or, if you stand somewhat at the side of the crowd, it's way more relaxed there as well.

Mind you, if there's ever gonna be an MJ-show again, I'm definately going for front row. IMO it's well worth a bruise or two!:dancin: But I guess it's not for everyone.

VIP isn't worth it, that's for the business types, not fans. You get free drinks and valet parking but a lousy seat.

My concerts:
HIStory - 2 times 1997 in Bremen, Germany

Michael Jackson and Friends, 1999 Munich, Germany

This was my banner, I have shown at the Concert
banner-betterplace.jpg

Next, this wasn't a concert, only one could experience Michael on stage in the Apollo Theatre at MJ-Day London. I made this banner, which Michael has chosen at the backdoor of the Hotel Lanesborough and one of his staff taken along

banner-lanesborough.jpg

Then I went to New York and have had the opportunity to join both concerts at Madison Square Garden, 7th and 10th of September 2001. This was my banner, taken along by a staff member of Michael in front of the Palace Hotel.

banner_invincible.jpg

Every concert and meeting was a big and very exciting experience, I will never forget.

Back