Ever been to an MJ concert?

grunts_n_Th_gym

Proud Member
Hey everyone, first of all. ITs really great to be a part of this forum. I love MJ. I am sure that when Michael goes on tour again, I will get a tickets and they will be in the front row! The thing is, I have never been to any concert...ever.

So anyone have a range or guesstimate on how much a great ticket would be?

I want to make sure I put enough away so that I can go, have fun, and buy stuff. Thanks! And I hope this post is ok...its my first one. So if its wrong, please tell me and I will move/delete it!

THANKS !

weel there are few things that determine the price of tickets

Seated or standing concert
seated concerts are mainly in America, standing concerts are mainly in Europe.

Seated concerts
tickets for these concerts are priced according to how far from the stage the sections are. Front sections are the most expensive and they are usully the hardest to get. Some concerts, like the MSG concerts in 2001, the front sections were the VIP areas. When tickets go onsale its a total lottery as to what seats you get

Standing concerts
standing concerts are mainly in Europe. They are usully held in football /sporting arenas and stadiums. There are usully 2 types of tickets, general admission and seating. The seats are normally at the sides and back and the general admission is all standing in the centre of the arena. People with general admission tickets will queue outside the venue from early morning or overnight, depending on the artist. The front section is called the "front pit" and the only way to get front row is to be in the top of the queue.

Fanclubs and sometime Sony will give fans a chance to buy a limited amout of "presale tickets" which are usully sold a few days before the main tictets go on sale to the general public.

10 years ago i paid 40 euros for his concerts, my quess is that now it will be at least the double....

To be in the first rows you need patience (lots of it), fast-running legs and some fight-power....LOL

We'd usually spend the night in front of the stadium.

Last edited:
Back in 1997, I went to 1 of the Amsterdam shows on Tuesday June 10th. I was only twelve years old and went by myself since I won a ticket!! :D It was totally unforgettable. Still I am remenising about it everyday. It was a once in a lifetime experience which I will treassure for ever.. :D

well i went to an michael concert here in sweden gothenburg in 1997 but i was way to young to remeber what the price was like and stuff i was like 7 years old...

Standing concerts
standing concerts are mainly in Europe. They are usully held in football /sporting arenas and stadiums. There are usully 2 types of tickets, general admission and seating. The seats are normally at the sides and back and the general admission is all standing in the centre of the arena. People with general admission tickets will queue outside the venue from early morning or overnight, depending on the artist. The front section is called the "front pit" and the only way to get front row is to be in the top of the queue.

Which is highly recommended. I have never been to a seated concert before. And I can't see myself being at one. How do you dance and shout while you're sitting? No no, standing concerts is the way to go :punk:

btw, in 1997, I paid around 70$ to see Michael perform. when there's stadium concerts, it's one price for all. No matter where you choose to stand during the concert.

Last edited:
Standing tickets are the better tickets, that´s for sure, but all the pushing can be dangerous sometimes.

:) been to ca couple during the Dangerous and the HIstory tour so let me tell you this...it doesnt really matter where you are in the stadium on a MJ concert...the vibe is everywhere!

Hey everyone, first of all. ITs really great to be a part of this forum. I love MJ. I am sure that when Michael goes on tour again, I will get a tickets and they will be in the front row! The thing is, I have never been to any concert...ever.

I want to make sure I put enough away so that I can go, have fun, and buy stuff. Thanks! And I hope this post is ok...its my first one. So if its wrong, please tell me and I will move/delete it!

THANKS !

going to Michael's concerts is probably one of my biggest dreams...
hopefully when he goes on tour *crosses fingers* my dream will come true :D

OK so for those of you who have been to the concerts, are people really fainting left and right or is it just edited like crazy on the Bucharest DVD haha?

OK so for those of you who have been to the concerts, are people really fainting left and right or is it just edited like crazy on the Bucharest DVD haha?

happens all the time...on the Bucharest DVD it is edited like crazy but the 1st aid tent is usually kept busy...

hence if you want to enjoy the whole concert you keep to the back of the standing area

yes it happens all the time at standing concerts. Its a combination of

1. Lack of sleep
everyone in the front section has probally been queuing over night. When you queue overnight, you are sitting / lying down on hard ground, surrounded by excited fans. Your body needs sleep but all you hear around you are fans talking about Michael. You want to listen and join in but you know you must rest your body. Also depending on the time of year, you are either too hot or too cold and its very difficult to find a comfortable sleeping position on hard ground up against metal barriers!

2. Lack of food /water
when you are queueing for many hours / overnight you dont have the opportunity to get regular meals. Sometimes you might get lucky and there will be food shops near the venue. Other than that, if you havnt planned ahead and brought food and water with you, then you dont eat or drink much.

3. As it gets nearer the time of being let into the arena, you have to deide when will be the last time you need to use the toilet. When you are queueing many hours /overnight you get to know people in the queue with you. This is how we leave the queue to get food /toilet breaks etc. As it nears the time of the gates opening, security tighten up the queue and stop all the movement. You have to decide how long you can go without going to the toilet, as once in the venue, if you leave your spot you will not get back to the same place.

4. Once in the venue, it can get very hot as everyone is packed together trying to get as near to the stage as they can and you will get pushed and squashed. In the front pit, the people in the first 3 to 5 rows are the ones most likely to faint and get pulled out by security. After queueing at least 12 hours outside the venue, you will be standing, getiing pushed and squashed, with people digging their arms into your back, standing on your toes and crushing you against the barriers in the front pit for about 3 or 4 hours beore the concert starts.

5. Most people faint at concerts due to heat, exhaustion, dehyderation and from being pushed, squashed and crushed against the barriers and people around you.

6. Depending on the venue, security try to stop people from fainting by handing out water or spraying water over the front section.

At the World Music Awards in London in 2006, after Michael had been on stage the first time, and Rihanna started singing, it got kinda crazy around me. I was at the front barrier on the left of the stage and as soon as Michael had left the stage, about 10 people all around me were pulled out by security.

Its not only at Michael concerts that people faint and get pulled out by security. I went to see Chris Brown a few months ago in London, and I was also in the front row and people were fainting and being pulled out by security.

Also when you faint and get pulled out by security, you dont get any special treatment. Its not true that you get backstage to meet the artist if you faint!! You are treated by a paramedic and most people are ok once they are out of the heat and not being squashed. You are not allowed back to your place at the front and watch the rest of the concert from the side of the venue, in the first aid area.

Its not advisable for people who have problems standing for long periods, people who dont like being in crowds or for children to be in the front pit.

ive never been to an MJ concert but i love reading about all the experiances of other fans (although it fills me with jealous rage lol)

yes it happens all the time at standing concerts. Its a combination of

1. Lack of sleep
everyone in the front section has probally been queuing over night. When you queue overnight, you are sitting / lying down on hard ground, surrounded by excited fans. Your body needs sleep but all you hear around you are fans talking about Michael. You want to listen and join in but you know you must rest your body. Also depending on the time of year, you are either too hot or too cold and its very difficult to find a comfortable sleeping position on hard ground up against metal barriers!

2. Lack of food /water
when you are queueing for many hours / overnight you dont have the opportunity to get regular meals. Sometimes you might get lucky and there will be food shops near the venue. Other than that, if you havnt planned ahead and brought food and water with you, then you dont eat or drink much.

3. As it gets nearer the time of being let into the arena, you have to deide when will be the last time you need to use the toilet. When you are queueing many hours /overnight you get to know people in the queue with you. This is how we leave the queue to get food /toilet breaks etc. As it nears the time of the gates opening, security tighten up the queue and stop all the movement. You have to decide how long you can go without going to the toilet, as once in the venue, if you leave your spot you will not get back to the same place.

4. Once in the venue, it can get very hot as everyone is packed together trying to get as near to the stage as they can and you will get pushed and squashed. In the front pit, the people in the first 3 to 5 rows are the ones most likely to faint and get pulled out by security. After queueing at least 12 hours outside the venue, you will be standing, getiing pushed and squashed, with people digging their arms into your back, standing on your toes and crushing you against the barriers in the front pit for about 3 or 4 hours beore the concert starts.

5. Most people faint at concerts due to heat, exhaustion, dehyderation and from being pushed, squashed and crushed against the barriers and people around you.

6. Depending on the venue, security try to stop people from fainting by handing out water or spraying water over the front section.

At the World Music Awards in London in 2006, after Michael had been on stage the first time, and Rihanna started singing, it got kinda crazy around me. I was at the front barrier on the left of the stage and as soon as Michael had left the stage, about 10 people all around me were pulled out by security.

Its not only at Michael concerts that people faint and get pulled out by security. I went to see Chris Brown a few months ago in London, and I was also in the front row and people were fainting and being pulled out by security.

Also when you faint and get pulled out by security, you dont get any special treatment. Its not true that you get backstage to meet the artist if you faint!! You are treated by a paramedic and most people are ok once they are out of the heat and not being squashed. You are not allowed back to your place at the front and watch the rest of the concert from the side of the venue, in the first aid area.

Its not advisable for people who have problems standing for long periods, people who dont like being in crowds or for children to be in the front pit.

Whoa... thanks for that post, very interesting perspective! :D

Last edited:
Imagine dreaming about Michael's concert for your whole life, and then the 2 hours that the concert lasts you are unconscious - from the start to the end of the concert.

And then you wake up and you see that you can safely KILL YOURSELF!

Imagine dreaming about Michael's concert for your whole life, and then the 2 hours that the concert lasts you are unconscious - from the start to the end of the concert.

And then you wake up and you see that you can safely KILL YOURSELF!

i did that, well i dreamt about 5 songs i was in front row, cuda cried when i woke up, i did the same with Janet, dreamt about 10songs haha
o and i have never been to one of his concerts but i saw him at WMA 2006, was amazing.

Last edited:
I went to Michael's HisTory concert, Brisbane, Australia--1996.
Just AMAZING.
It was held in a football stadium---when tickets went on sale, I helped buy some for some of my grandchildren. These were on one of the side sections--cost around $70.00 AUS

After a few days, a radio station released a whole lot of tickets for the far end of the stadium---furtherest away from the stage.
These were around $40.00

I ended up including myself in those tickets we bought.

These were all seated tickets, so we didn't have to queue for long to get into the stadium. Standing tickets were in the middle of the stadium.

Because of the 2 HUGE screens on either side of the stage--we did see okay----but to see Michael better, we took binoculars.

It was still a wonderful experience.
Dawn

also lack of oxygen in the midst of the great crowd

wow !

I never was to an michael jackson concert. I was just 7 when he was touring in germany on history world tour. My father and my uncle went to the first show in bremen ! They told me everything after i startet to ask them questions about the shows ( they also saw 3 dangerous world tour concert in germany )! Its just wonderful and really interesting to listen to their experiances ! I wish to see michael jackson sometime in my life. It doesn't have to be a concert, i just want to see him and look in his eyes. Just one time in my life. I wanna see how this human is like.

Yeah lol i also was dreaming of a mj concert that i was part of. i was between tousands of fans and michael was singing "stranger in moscow" (my fav song.) When i woke up i just thought: F*UCK !!!!!!!

I went to 2 concerts during Dangerous Tour and to three concerts during HIStory tour and I went to MJ&Friends in Munich 1999.

DANGEROUS TOUR
I usually went to the stadium at around 4 a.m. to wait at the gates with other fans. So yes...that meant hours and hours and HOURS of sitting around on the concrete and waiting patiently. It was SOOOOOOOOOO COLD during the Dangerous Tour concerts. It was raining and I had no umbrella, nothing, and since it was summer I didn't have a jacket or anything with me and I was FREEZING. I was so cold I was about to just walk away at times because I thought I just can't take the cold and the rain anymore. But I just kept saying to myself "You'll get to see Michael...just HANG IN THERE!!". That was the only thought that kept me going. Honestly. And the time goes by SO SLOWLY when you are at teh gates waiting. I kept looking at the watch thinking another hour must have passed...only to find out it was only another 15 MINUTES that had passed.:mello:

Anyways, after a LOOOOOOONG wait, the gates finally opened and everyone started running towards the stage like crazy. They had covered the grass with some plastic thing or something to protect the grass and since it had been raining, it was reeally slippery. I had these "ballerina" type shoes on and I fell on my face in the very beginning because my shoes were so slippery...So I got up, started running again and almost slipped again and I knew that I won't be able to run fast with the shoes on because I'll just keep falling, so I took the shoes off, held them inmy hands and RAN FOR MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!! :lmao: It must have looked funny to see a fan running, barefoot, with her shoes in her hands towards the stage! :lol: Anyways, so when I got to the front, I put my shoes back on. And we were told to sit down on the ground first. I guess they always want to delay the pushing and shoving and the drama that comes with it as much as they can. This procedure has repeated itself at all concerts. After a while they tell you you can get up and that's when everyone races towards the front row again, so you have to be careful and make sure you can get up quickly.

I was pretty front first when the concert started, but unless you are in the first rows...you pretty much have no control over where you'll go in the crowd. The force from the crowd is just too much. And especially during the Dangerous tour, since there was no "catwalk "in the middle to "divide" the crowd in the front pit...it was like an "open sea"...you just kept pushed and shoved around to all directions. So I got pushed further back too as the concert went on. And I also got SO SQUEEZED in the front that I thought I won't be able to breathe and will pass out. It was really awful. I "let myself drift" further back volunteery too after that because I thought I won't be able to survive the whole concert without passing out if I stay where I am.

I also lost my shoe during Smooth Criminal. And I totally panicked! :lol: I missed half of MJ's Smooth Criminal performance because I was looking for my shoe! :lol: Also....the type of shoes I was wearing were totally not suitable for for a concert! They just didn't protect my feet at all. Everyone was jumping up and down on my FEET for two hours, so my feet got VERY BADLY bruised. My feet were literally black and blue and purple the next day, swollen, hurting like hell and I was barely able to walk. I thought I had broken every single bone on my feet, it was that painful. It took about a week for them to get better, but until then I was in total pain. I didn't tell my parents about it though because I knew they wouldn't ever let me go to another concert again if they knew I had gotten hurt. :lol: (I was 17 then and I was lucky they had let me go alone to the concerts in the first place!).

HIStory TOUR:

I had a VIP ticket for the concert in Prague. Was told I will be sitting reeeeally close to the stage and will meet MIchael and all that. Well, when we got there, turns out the VIP seats are at the BACK of the stadium. And since they are SO FAR AWAY from backstage, there is no way to go meet MJ before the concert and then get back to the VIP section afterwards...because you'd basically have to drive around the WHOLE stadium in the traffic. (At least that's what I was told...). There ws a tent with all kinds of food and beverages and all that, but 1. I wasn't there to eat...I was there to SEE MICHAEL...and 2. I was first too excited... and then after I found out how far away from everything we were...too disappointed and angry to eat anything. So we went to our seats...the concert started...and Michael was maybe an inch big even just on the jumbotron!! I could barely see him even on the screen. I could have just started crying at first, but then I thought I'll try to make the most of it and stood up and was singing along and all that...But everyone just sat down and gave me evil looks and they kept chatting and looked like they weren't even TRYING to enjoy the show or weren't ever interested in the show. So I just sat down and I kept fighting back the tears throghout the concert. I just felt SO DISPPOINTED....and so angry and so sad and so, I don't know what...I could have just started crying my eyes out. I mean, to first get all your hopes up and think you're gonna meet Michael and you're gonna have a good view at teh concert...and then none of that happens and you can't even really see the show. I was just SO DISAPPOINTED. So, one thing learned....I NEVER want to have VIP tickets to MJ's concert EVER AGAIN: Not even if someonbe woudl offer me money to take them. NEVER AGAIN!!!! :no:

The next concert on the tour after Prague was in Budapest, Hungary, and I went there too. And that one was AWESOME. I had a normal ticket and since Prague had been a DISASTER, I was DETERMINED to get to the front in Budapest. :lol: So I went to the stadium around 4 a.m. again and waited all day. And I was able to make it to the front (not first row but maybe 4th or 5th "row"...). And I was naturally COMPLETELY excited, happy, ECSTATIC about it. I was just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY, I bet I was literally BEAMING. :hysterical: And I was TOTALLY intothe concert and I kept going "WHOOHOO!!" and what not. :lol: And Michael seemed to be on SUCH a good mood too during that concert! It was INCREDIABLE!!!! I can remember him performing Stranger In Moscow on stage and he kept smiling from ear to ear throught the song, even thought it's sort of a sad song. It was just AMAAAAAAZING!!! :) He just seemed so happy! :) And that made me even MORE happy. :lol: I was in Cloud Nine, I swear! :lol: And I didn't even get too "squashed" at that concert either, because the "catwalk thingy" divided the crowd so there wasn't such a force pushing you, so it was a good thing. (Or I was just so happy, I could have lost a limb and I woudln't have noticed....;D :lmao: ).

The 3rd HIStory tour concert was pretty much the same as Budapest. Went to the stadium around 4 a.m., waited for hours, and I got to teh 2nd row and was able to see Michael SO WELL!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW GOD!!!!!! :wub:

MJ & FRIENDS:

Again, I went to the stadium around 4 a.m. and waited for hours at the gates. And I seriously thought I am gonna die at the gate. I'm not kidding. It was AWFUL!!! Before the gates were opened all teh people who were at the back kept pushing like crazy, so us who were in the front got so squashed we were not able to breathe. There was this tree at the gates and I got pushed against it and that's when I thought I am gonna die. Seriously. MY rib cage was squeezed against the tree (which has a hard surface and won't give away an INCH like a human body does if you are pushed against another human) and everyone was pushing against my back, so I was squashed between teh tree and teh crowd. And I could feel my rib cage being squeezed more and more against the tree until I had no air in my lungs...and I could not breathe because I could not move my rig cage AT ALL because I was so squashed. And since I had basically no air in my lungs I could not really scream for help. That's when I totally panicked because I thought I am gonna suffocate. I was like "Great....I am gonna die at a Michael Jackson concert...and I haven't even seen Michael yet!!!". I just had tears running down my face because I was so scared. I can't remember every detail exactly anymore but somehow I was able to get away from the tree anyways and was able to breathe better again. But since a lot of people at the front really weren't doing well and weren't able to breathe, we got REALLY MAD at the security at the gates. They were just looking at us and laughing at us and even when people BEGGED them to help us...they did nothing. Some fans really just wanted to get OUT of there because they could not breathe and wer about to collaps...and teh security didn'T pull them out and that's when us at the front lost it. We just kept yelling at them because we thought people are gonna DIE there soon if they won't do something. It was that BAD. Anyways, so after a few hours of that torture, the gates finally opened and everyone started running towards the stage. We were told to walk slowly and I can remember running pass the staff and thinking "I should WALK...SLOWLY??!!! YEAH RIGHT!! NOT A CHANCE!!!" *whooooosh (summer running for her life)* :lmao:

Anyways, when I got to the front and wanted to get into the front pit...I noticed that you can only get into the front pit if you had the pink bracelet. Those who were members in some fanclubs had gottem them...and since I wasn't a member in any fan club...I didn'T have it, so I wasnt allowed in. And I could have just started crying because I was so disappointed. ALL my friends were in the front pit and I couldn't get in because I didn't have the stupid pink bracelet. I thought that was SO unfair...I mean, I had been a huge MJ fan for 12 YEARS by then....I had waited at the gates for HOURS, and I could not get in the front pit (that wasn't even half full by the time I got there) just because I wasn't a member in some fan club. :(

Michael's performance was great and I did enjoy it, even though he was so far away. But I can remember thinking "I don't ever wanna go to another concert again...!!" before and after the concert. It was SO AWFUL at the gates before the concert that I just really didn't want to go through anything like that ever again. I just had enough of the whole "getting squeezed to death" scene. And even now....as much as I'd LOVE to see Michael again on stage....the idea of going through all that pain again doesn't really excite me too much. I mean, I know I'd do it because I DO wanna see Michael...but I just HATE the part before the concerts where you go through hell to even get into the stadium! :(

Anyways...those were my concert experiences. :)

Last edited:
OH goodness summer!!!!!! you have had some craaaaaazy concert experiences!!!!

I'm really upset that the security didn't do anything about the crowding at the gates :( that's pretty evil!!!

Heh - now I totally feel in that concert mood again... cool. :D Nice answers, Moonstreet, you describe it all well.

As for the fainting - make sure you drink and eat enough, even if you feel terribly nervous for the concert the first time. And hope for cool weather... unfortunately way more people faint when it's hot. But most of all - get there in time so you can enter the area in front of the stage. Only a limited amount of people are allowed in there, about 2000 for a stadium concert, so the pushing really isn't that hard there at all. This front pit didn't exist yet at the Bucharest show, so there was just one huge crowd pushing to the front, so it was a lot harder then! But nowadays, that front area is available at every stadium concert in Europe (it's obligated for security reasons).

And if there's gonna be US concerts, well they're seated, also a lot of the Asian shows are seated so you wouldn't have to worry about fainting. I still prefer the standing shows though - BIG time! The vibe of the concert is so much stronger that way!

Gosh, wouldn't that be amazing if we'll ever get to see Michael perform like that again... one can always hope and wish. :flowers:

Yes I have. I 've seen Michael as part of the Jackson 5. I've seen Michael as part of the Jacksons and I have seen Michael as a solo artist..... He was and he is AMAZING everytime....

THANKS !

I hope he goes on tour...at least a little TINY tour....I've never been to a concert either!

@Summer, thanks for sharing your story :) . I am glad that you could see him like you wanted to see him on stage after the dissapointment with the VIP tickets.

Me, I also hope that he will do some performances in Europe.

God, how much I miss the WMA06 dayz in London. This was a wonderful time, but also sad, cause sometimes things happen which destroy your chance to meet MJ :( .

Last edited:
Saw the Bad tour in 1988. I don't remember the ticket price and it's hardly relevant now, 20 years later :lol: Man, that makes me feel old.

Back