Ebay: Get Your Weight Off Of Me????

Hahahahahaaa! I’m gonna be honest brother, I don’t think I’m gonna like it at all based on the snippets.
Me neither. The same could be said for Men In Black that is supposedly his “best song ever recorded” lol.
Wow it actually leaked. What a rollercoaster. Well it’s grooving not gonna lie. I actually got really into the song. It feels good to hear something new. With that being said it’s not a strong song or even one of the stronger songs from the Vince Era but I appreciate it nonetheless
For real. He was really going in
Bro went through character development

My thoughts....... it's better than both Invincible and Privacy. I would place it in the 2nd tier alongside Heartbreaker (Unbreakable and Xscape top)

The chorus is catchy and gets stuck in your head - the vocals are amazing!

You could blend all these Jerkins songs together though- they all have the same mechanical/robotic and slightly cold feeling. I like my songs with more heart.

Happy its finally out 😀

This song is so fucking good, I don't understand the hate. That will be on repeat for sure. And that's a song that I even can relate

The long overproduced section (with just crash bang wallop sounds) in the middle , do you think this was a gap for a rapper to rap over?

Just listened... It's pretty good. Similar to the other Jerkins tracks. Makes no sense why this wasn't included on either Michael or Xscape.

So the Estate gives us 3 fake songs on Michael album but passes up this song?!? Glad it leaked.

Just listened... It's pretty good. Similar to the other Jerkins tracks. Makes no sense why this wasn't included on either Michael or Xscape.

So the Estate gives us 3 fake songs on Michael album but passes up this song?!? Glad it leaked.
My thoughts too

I think it would be so much more appreciated if it was in higher quality with a good rap from J or Kendrick. it could be pretty good. It’s catchy that for sure. First couple listens I was like meh. After a few spins I felt differently about the song. I like it.

The info about changes is the first phrase that's what they told me MJ sung it after that choir said changes after that he sung something not very clear and not very mumbling but it's look like you got believe yourself and the instrumental is simple like little bit don't believe it or more simple

Just remember me I'm lotfi I said that I have the snippet I'm the one who released snippet for deep in the night for first time
does MJ sung in angry voice in your snippet ? or is it too mumbling ?

Here’s my transcription of the lyrics. The earlier ones didn’t seem very accurate.

==========

You took my heart in your hand
Taught me to run like a man
I’ll never see you again, again
I was the fool you could take
Another heart you could break
So let me go, for my sake — baby!

I’ll get a message to you
You know I’ll never stop trying, baby
Least we’ll get by, baby
You got a lesson to learn
You only get what you earn
I got to escape
And I have to go my way alone, baby

CHORUS
Just get your weight off of me
Why don’t you just let me be?
You keep on hating on me
You just don’t have what it takes
So let me go, for my sake
No more of me left to break

I’m like your dog on a chain
My thoughts of you still remain
You signed the house in your name
I have the pill you should take
For that disease I can’t shake
You’re every doctor’s mistake, baby

I get a message to you
You know I’ll never stop crying, baby
This will get by, baby
You only got what you earn
I got to escape

CHORUS x 2

I’ll get a message to you
You know I’ll never stop trying, baby
Least we’ll get by, baby
You get respect when you earn
I got to escape

CHORUS x 2

Just get your weight off of me (You ain’t gonna never get off)
(You ain’t gonna never get off)

Just get your weight off of me (x 4)

Go on, now

Last edited:

To be fair, the idea behind Michael was to put post Invincible songs, so there really shouldn't have been any fakes or any Invincible outtakes.

They passed twice on TYLA, let alone this.

If I’m not mistaken, Rodney Jerkins declined to be involved with the Michael album for reasons unknown. He only agreed to take part in Xscape after listening to the other songs, and was the last producer to sign on. It’s possible the estate legitimately couldn’t use this song.

$5,000 for a song that sounds weaker with every new snippet is lunacy
Why do some of the vocals sound so robotic lol. The more this song leaks the less impressed I am of it.
Same mate, there's a reason they overlooked it for both posthumous albums. Probably the weakest Invincible outtake, it reminds me of Privacy and Invincible
I never got the hype of it. After so many snippets, I'm more than sure there are other Invincible outtakes officially released which are much better.
The Wall of Shame

Who do you think he is, Wade Robson? Not everyone is motivated by money.
In the entertainment business? Yes, everybody is motivated by money. Every time you hear somebody justify a decision by invoking some noble ideal, 90% chance is that negotiations actually broke down over money.

The Wall of Shame
d2dmote-39d69ea5-9df2-4912-9421-a314e984dd48.gif

Bruh. Just stop doggin' me around 😂

I really appreciate the song leaking, thank you to those involved. It's a brilliant experience to share it with this great community. My advice would be to enjoy and live in this moment, because we don't know how many great songs are left to leak.

My brother @Themidwestcowboy summed up my initial thoughts. It's much funkier than I expected, I need to listen to it many more times but it's special to get some new MJ music.
His vocals are popping, Mike was going off
Wow it actually leaked. What a rollercoaster. Well it’s grooving not gonna lie. I actually got really into the song. It feels good to hear something new. With that being said it’s not a strong song or even one of the stronger songs from the Vince Era but I appreciate it nonetheless
Perfect initial summary

Back