Discussion: MJJCommunity Charity Songs for Haiti Quake Victims

Hey guys...I see a lot of lyrics and different one's. Are people doing the one song with the beat *SIDWALK* put or did we start another song? I'm confused. :scratch:

Someone please clear this thing up cuz i'm seein' different things in 3 different threads!

If people are doing different songs for this project, IMO, We should come together and talk about it before doing anything at all. Lets not be divided cuz some lyrics I saw on these different threads are not the same ppl. Very confused.

L.O.V.E.
Romi

ok no problem if you need any help or opinions on the lyrics, vocals or whatever you know where I am :)

Thanks Raz ;). I'm gonna start back at in the the morning. My brother is gonna put some keyboard to it tomorrow evening. I'm gonna wait until I have a somewhat decent demo before I upload it and then hopefully people will put in suggestions and we can make changes.

I'd love to do live recordings for the instruments so if there's any drummers, guitarists, bassists, (any instrument at all) who would like to add something, let me know.

Last edited:
I'm confused too, I second Romi in what she said.
Can I suggest - the people that started a whole idea get together with everyone that wrote something or recorded a demo already,
and make the picture clear and post it here for all of us?

If someone could fill in the following list maybe:

A - guys that are leaders of this project (started the whole idea)

B - guys that composed songs and recorded demos - or are in the process of it
(so that we know how many songs we have etc...)

C - guys that wrote some lyrics

(so that we know how many lyrics we have)

:) :blush:

Guys

May I ask where you guys got this idea from.

After the Katrina disaster I mentioned to members of the MJNO forum to record the MJNO charity song. This project fell through due to lack of musical input by the members.

After recent tragic events I thought to start a similar project here for the Haiti victims.

- No Raz :)the idea was to create a 100% original song (in the style of Cry, Man In Mirror etc) to be created by the fans to AID the Haiti victims.

Last edited:
Ok, so ;)

1SIDEWALK

After the Katrina disaster I mentioned to members of the MJNO forum to record the MJNO charity song. This project fell through due to lack of musical input by the members.

After recent tragic events I thought to start a similar project here for the Haiti victims.

- No Raz :)the idea was to create a 100% original song (in the style of Cry, Man In Mirror etc) to be created by the fans to AID the Haiti victims.

oooops sorry :)

Ok, so ;)

1SIDEWALK

I wrote a song called what can I do? and recorded a demo and have started a thread here it is: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2553625#post2553625

1SIDEWALK

1raz2911 - 'what can I do' http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/sh...25#post2553625

You can all fill it up, btw :rofl:

Re: MJJCommunity Song for Haiti Quake Victims & Survivors

This is something I wrote today.. This is my first time writing lyrics :blush: ;
Open up your hearts,
Lend out a helping hand,
Share your soul,
It´s time to become one with all,
Like our angel used to say,
Heal the world,
Make the pain go away..
Touch a heart,
Wake up the LOVE inside.
The tears of hurt and pain I can see,
A unity is what we need.
The cries I can hear, The fallen smiles,
For you I can walk,
A thousand miles.
Keep the faith, Keep believing.
I wish to see you smile again.

:blush:

:punk:

:angel:Our Children Are The Future...Keep Helping To Heal The World...For WE Are The World...Knowledge IS Growth...Education IS The Key~~~

Impressive Sidewalk, Raz, Tinkerbell, Ladies & Gents...keep going your doing a fabulous job..!

:angel:Our Children Are The Future...Keep Helping To Heal The World...For WE Are The World...Knowledge IS Growth~~~

@Lemon Ali:

I have a lil rap part as lyrics together with a bit of singin' lyrics as backing vocals from my gf! :)

I think it is a wonderful idea and project, but I'll leave the singing up to those who can actually sing :D

Does the project need a website of itself? I have several MJ related domain names and willing to lent one of these if needed. It's the least I can do, and I can take care of the hosting and the script for the domain name too.

But do let me know in time. I can't build a website in 5 seconds.

I think it is a wonderful idea and project, but I'll leave the singing up to those who can actually sing :D

Does the project need a website of itself? I have several MJ related domain names and willing to lent one of these if needed. It's the least I can do, and I can take care of the hosting and the script for the domain name too.

That would be a great idea :D it could be full of various bits of information on the song, latest news from Haiti, how they can donate, place to listen to the song, watch the official video (if one gets made).

good idea!

oh the website is a great idea, please include some info on our thread recording what can I do? found at this link:http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85654

i think it is a wonderful idea and project, but i'll leave the singing up to those who can actually sing :d

does the project need a website of itself? I have several mj related domain names and willing to lent one of these if needed. It's the least i can do, and i can take care of the hosting and the script for the domain name too.

Awesome!!!

Re: MJJCommunity Song for Haiti Quake Victims & Survivors

:punk:

:angel:Our Children Are The Future...Keep Helping To Heal The World...For WE Are The World...Knowledge IS Growth...Education IS The Key~~~

Does that mean that you like it ? :) Oh Thank you :huggy:

Hey guys, I didn't know there would be one song in the end. When people were saying we could do as many songs as we wanted I thought they would all go up on the web pages and stuff and Raz's song would be the one promoted as a single.

I agree with what Romi said about being divided. We could all be putting work into one song instead of splitting up for no reason. So with that in mind, I'm not gonna put up the song I'm working on. Instead, I'm going to put work into the song that's gonna be the single. I'd love to do the video if there's no one doing that. If there is someone assigned to that, just let me know what I can do to help.

Hey guys, I didn't know there would be one song in the end. When people were saying we could do as many songs as we wanted I thought they would all go up on the web pages and stuff and Raz's song would be the one promoted as a single.

I agree with what Romi said about being divided. We could all be putting work into one song instead of splitting up for no reason. So with that in mind, I'm not gonna put up the song I'm working on. Instead, I'm going to put work into the song that's gonna be the single. I'd love to do the video if there's no one doing that. If there is someone assigned to that, just let me know what I can do to help.

I agree here!
It became way too confusing with all the threads and different songs. We should just make one song all together and work as a family as we're supposed to (and we are a family here).
Let's show that we are a family, one unit and come all together and make this thing happen with one great song! :)

I agree here!
It became way too confusing with all the threads and different songs. We should just make one song all together and work as a family as we're supposed to (and we are a family here).
Let's show that we are a family, one unit and come all together and make this thing happen with one great song! :)

That was the plan anyway :) but people started making others too (which is awesome) but thats when it started getting confusing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XNFUqYYP8rg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XNFUqYYP8rg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I understand...
Well, how is the plan now?
What we gonna do?

Birchey is finishing up the song as we speak, once we have the lyrics and the track we'll give it to everyone who wants to sing or rap. The singers will sing every line, then Birchey will cut it down two one or two lines each.

The lyrics are the most important thing right now :D so keep the lyrics coming!

Then the promotion (website, video, contacting lots of people) begins when the song is complete.

There will be lots of charity relief songs coming out soon, if we hit the wave right this maybe picked up by the press, as this is properly the only MJ-related charity song that will be put out (on this scale at least).

Lots of work to do but its for those who are really in need :(

We can do this!

Last edited:
Birchey is finishing up the song as we speak, once we have the lyrics and the track we'll give it to everyone who wants to sing or rap. The singers will sing every line, then Birchey will cut it down two one or two lines each.

The lyrics are the most important thing right now :D so keep the lyrics coming!

Then the promotion (website, video, contacting lots of people) begins when the song is complete.

There will be lots of charity relief songs coming out soon, if we hit the wave right this maybe picked up by the press, as this is properly the only MJ-related charity song that will be put out (on this scale at least).

Lots of work to do but its for this who are really in need :(

We can do this!

I'm lovin' it, this is just great!
Thank you very much for lettin' me know! :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jzw6GiqZyD0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jzw6GiqZyD0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Leaders of this project (started the whole idea)
1SIDEWALK

Composed songs and recorded demos - or are in the process of it
1raz2911 - 'what can I do' http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/sh...25#post2553625
2 Birchey (the song promoted by MJCharity on a big scale, demo http://tinyurl.com/ybu4afn)
3 barok232 'Save the world'

Wrote some lyrics

1raz2911
2Birchey working on lyrics, people keep them coming!

Peeps you can all add to this list, I in no way have an understanding of this confusion here ;)
Just add as we go. Especially links to where you posted or uploaded demos or lyrics ok?
Or edit if I made a mistake.

So as I understood Sidewalk, Birchey's song is the one that MJJC officially supports, right?

Last edited:
@Lemon Ali:

I wrote some lyrics, too! Do u put me into the list, as well? :)

Back