Discussion: MJJCommunity Charity Songs for Haiti Quake Victims

Re: MJJCommunity Song for Haiti Quake Victims & Survivors

I love the lyrics...they are so straight to the point,....if i can still help let me know

I can help with the music if you need an extra hand.

How can i help?

You can help in loads of ways, we need singers, musicians, producers and ofcourse people to spread the word. the thing we need most at the momment is backing music if you could help with that, the words to my song are on page 5 :)

You can help in loads of ways, we need singers, musicians, producers and ofcourse people to spread the word. the thing we need most at the momment is backing music if you could help with that, the words to my song are on page 5 :)

Okay thanks, beautiful lyrics by the way. I will work on something and let you guys know soon. Its almost bedtime right now.
Good luck for a great course.

Great Project guys!!!!

I would love to contribute my vocals to 1 line......do you have to be a professional singer?

Hey guys, great idea. If you need more singers I'd be more than happy to add my vocals.

If you want, I can make a video. If people record themselves singing, playing their instruments, mixing, whatever, and then add in some news footage or something, I can put it together. Then we would have something for youtube, maybe try to get it featured or something?

Also we could send the song to CDbaby. It costs $35 but the song is added to iTunes and you get a barcode.

I don't think we need to go to a record label. If we spread this around as much as we possibly can, the media will most likely catch wind of Michael Jackson fans doing a song in his honour for a good cause.

Tha only thing is we need any money that this could possibly make to go into one account and then maybe we could donate the money in Michael's name?

I don't know if anyone else was thinking about trying to generate money for the Haiti victims but that's what I thought was going to happen when I read the post. Anyway if not, I can still do vocals and the video if you want.

I just downloaded the tracks. Gonna listen to them now.

Hey i'd be willing to sing a bit if you aren't worried about having to cover your ears when my bit comes on :fear:

and i guess you've got someone doing this already but i could help adding the vocals to the backing track..?

What a wonderful heartfelt idea. Michael would be so proud. :heart:

Aw I love this! I would love to sing a part if there is anything! :D

I might give it a go at singing a part too. :blush:

Hey guys, great idea. If you need more singers I'd be more than happy to add my vocals.

If you want, I can make a video. If people record themselves singing, playing their instruments, mixing, whatever, and then add in some news footage or something, I can put it together. Then we would have something for youtube, maybe try to get it featured or something?

Also we could send the song to CDbaby. It costs $35 but the song is added to iTunes and you get a barcode.

I don't think we need to go to a record label. If we spread this around as much as we possibly can, the media will most likely catch wind of Michael Jackson fans doing a song in his honour for a good cause.

Tha only thing is we need any money that this could possibly make to go into one account and then maybe we could donate the money in Michael's name?

I don't know if anyone else was thinking about trying to generate money for the Haiti victims but that's what I thought was going to happen when I read the post. Anyway if not, I can still do vocals and the video if you want.

I just downloaded the tracks. Gonna listen to them now.
I loooove the idea of having the donation in mj's name. In fact I think we should encourage fans to do this, regardless of this project.

:clapping: I love this idea and I want to sing too :music: :music: :music: :blush:

Heres a VERY rough copy of the song
demo: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2R274RX2
Lyrics:

What Can I Do

I’m done with sitting back
And watching it happen
I’m gonna do what I can
And try and make it better.
This world’s become a mess
I’m gotta make it better.

There’s people dieing
In the street,
While I sit by the fire.
It ain’t right that I’m here,
While they fight for their life’s
I think its time to ask

Chorus
What can I do?
To help you get through this
What can I do?
I do anything you ask
What can I do?
I’ll sail the 7 seas
What can I do?
To help you

Its seems that half of us
Don’t even give a damn.
There’s people dieing,
And they need our help.
Get up and get out
And just do what you can
Ohhh

Chorus

Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Tsunamis
There killing our brothers,
Our mothers,
Our sisters,
Our fathers,
Put yourself in their shoes
And you will see
How this could affect you and me
So you think you could handle,
Being torn apart family.
Well if you don’t
Why don’t you help those who have been?

What can I do for you?
My brother
When you need some help
Just call my name
I’m here for you
Whenever you need me.​
:clapping:

Spreading the word about this would be great.

Spreading the word, getting it released, getting the money donated...

The big part that we should plan (as Adore asked) is how to make it work for Haiti.. I think it's a beautiful idea but we need someone that knows how the whole system works. I think we should choose one of the charities (maybe one of the umbrella ones in US or Canada) that are there and donate all profits from this on a regular basis...

Which of course means we need to get it released and out somehow ;) Promoted etc. We can go into myspace itunes path etc...
It's a lot to think about but I think it's such a beautiful idea, great goal and tribute to MJ... :wub:

Last edited:

What a wonderful heartfelt idea. Michael would be so proud. :heart:
I'm sure Michael is proud somewhere, he's smiling at what we're doing right now :heart:

I'm in the middle of recording a cd that's gonna be released, put on itunes, stuff like that so I have been researching it over the last couple of months. The easiest option would be to have it as a digital download only because the only cost is sending it to cd baby or tunecore. They put everything onto itunes ( itunes charge much more as far as I know)

Maybe if someone was any good at making websites we could get one but myspace, facebook, etc would be all we need (and they're free).

I think between all of us we could do a good deal of promotion. Apart from being able to spread it on the net, we are all over the world. We could easily ring our local radio stations and send in a copy with a small press kit.

We have a chance to do something great here. I really think we owe this to Michael. He did so much for so many. He would be doing something about this.

On a different note, I wasn't sure if we had picked the song or if we were trying to put one together so I printed out the lyrics tinkerbell and raz wrote (hope you guys don't mind) and put a song together with a mix of their lyrics and mine. If the song has already been picked, I'll leave it. If not, I'll record and upload a rough version.

Last edited:

I love your ideas WhoAmI :clapping:

I don't know if the guys have chosen anything since I just saw this thread today.
BTW where in Ireland are you based? I am in Dublin but can organize promotion in Krakow, Poland, as well :)

I love your ideas WhoAmI :clapping:

I don't know if the guys have chosen anything since I just saw this thread today.
BTW where in Ireland are you based? I am in Dublin but can organize promotion in Krakow, Poland, as well :)

I'm in Westmeath. I know some bands around the country who would drop stuff into radio stations for me seeing as I have done free last-minute gigs for them :smilerolleyes: I'll be after everyone who owes me favours :lol:

If you'd like to sing a line on the song please PM me :) thank you

This project WILL be a success! it's all for L.O.V.E

I have a song with lyrics from Tinkerbell, Raz and myself. I did some rough music with it because everyone was uploading music, lyrics or melodies separately. Will I bother uploading it or are we going with raz's?

Back