Decision on Criminal Charges in Michael Jackson Case 'Months' Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherubimII

Proud Member
Decision on Criminal Charges in Michael Jackson Case 'Months' Away

November 30, 2009 |

Prosecutors and police investigators don't expect to file charges in connection with Michael Jackson's death before 2010, law enforcement officials told The Times.

The officials said there is such much evidence to review -- some of it complex medical data -- and that they have sought the help of outside medical experts.

A decision on whether to file criminal charges is "months rather than weeks away," one source said.

Dr. Conrad Murray, Jackson's personal physician who provided him with the anesthetic propofol that coroner's officials say killed the pop singer, has been identified as a suspect in a manslaughter investigation in search warrants and remains the focus of the probe.
The investigation has resulted in large quantities of information that need to be carefully reviewed not only by LAPD detectives, but also prosecutors and some outside medical advisers before a final decision is made on how to proceed in the case, according to sources familiar with the investigation. They spoke to The Times on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

With no suspects in custody, those familiar with the probe compare the Jackson case to the investigation of music producer Phil Spector, which took more than a year before prosecutors decided to file charges.

Murray has denied repeatedly any wrongdoing and insists he gave then-appropriate medical aid when he found Jackson's distressed and not breathing. His attorney has stressed that Murray is fully cooperating with authorities.

The Los Angeles County district attorney's office already has had Murray's girlfriend Nicole Alvarez testify before a grand jury panel, according to sources.

The Los Angeles County coroner's office determined that Jackson died from "acute propofol intoxication" combined with sedatives and labeled his death a homicide.

The complexity of the medical evidence in the case has lead LAPD Robbery Homicide Division detectives and a prosecutor who is virtually embedded with them to seek several medical opinions in addition to the coroner's officials' on Jackson's death, according to two sources.

Murray, 56, told detectives that he administered the anesthetic propofol and other medications to Jackson before the pop star's death June 25, according to search warrants in the investigation. Five bottles of the anesthetic were purchased in Nevada from Applied Pharmacy by Murray, who had it shipped to California, according to search warrants in the investigation.

Some of those bottles were found in Jackson's rented Holmby Hills mansion, according to search-warrant affidavits. Propofol is usually used in medical settings by anesthesia professionals to make patients unconscious for surgery.

The physician told police Jackson was dependent on propofol to sleep and that he was trying to wean the singer off the drug.
Murray last week went back to work at his Houston medical office.
-- Richard Winton
Photo: Michael Jackson. Credit: Los Angeles Time

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...ackson-case-not-expected-until-next-year.html

Let them take their time.
I rather see them looking into every possible piece of evidence and investigate every little detail before they press charges than seeing them rush trough everything.

it is a murder case once they got the actual time of death they had no option but to view it as a murder case .

it is a murder case once they got the actual time of death they had no option but to view it as a murder case .
what Makes u think they got it by now? iM not sure about that... bet they aint never gonna be any charges ever..

I didn't think at any time that it was not a murder investigation. I am wondering if there are any 'other' people involved besides Murray here. Perhaps other doctors or even other people involved that we may not even realize?

Just thinking here cause it seems that they are doing a lot of research here.

I was wondering that because today I read some details on what might've happened and it sounded credible, but the details were so upsetting :cry: could it really be that he was left to die on purpose? even if he was trying to cover his tracks or even if it was just panic you can't let someone lie there gasping for their last breath...sorry I just can't get it out of my mind now it's so upsetting Michael was too much of a good person to deserve this

Even if it takes a year as long as Murray is nailed for this I really don't care. There cant be anything that Murray's lawyer can invalidate the case on like what happened with Spector. Time and patience. We'll have justice for Michael in the end.

the point is though will the patience really be worth it? with the trackrecord of LAPD and their dislike of mICHAEL I guess not.

Let them take their time.
I rather see them looking into every possible piece of evidence and investigate every little detail before they press charges than seeing them rush trough everything.

I agree. :yes:
I hope this is worth the wait...

I didn't think at any time that it was not a murder investigation. I am wondering if there are any 'other' people involved besides Murray here. Perhaps other doctors or even other people involved that we may not even realize?

Just thinking here cause it seems that they are doing a lot of research here.

of course there are other doctors. duh.

at the least, Ratner and Klein come to mind.

Yep. :yes:

I'd MUCH rather they take their sweet time and get it right, than rush through it and mess something up.

Whether or not they personally *like* Michael (as some have brought up,) doesn't play into this. They don't necessarily like many people whose murders they investigate but that doesn't stop them from solving those murders. I'll trust that the LAPD are being as professional as they can be with this, since afterall, if they DO solve this murder, it will be quite a feather in their cap.

That was not what I meant when I meant 'others'. (though this is a possibility too)

I actually meant whether someone within his close circle or in the house was somehow involved. We just don't know everything and I was thinking of all the possibilities of this case and all the things we just don't know because we weren't 'in the house' and saw exactly what happened.

at the end of the day its a he said she said case. so its gonna be based on complex medical issues. i dont believe they have a proper TOD because if they did that would be the smoking gun one way or the other. and he would have already been arrested.murrays times and story against the polices circumstantial case imo

This is very long. I understand the Anna Nicole case taking long because it is totally different. This is homocide. I think they are going after a big fish and may let the little fish get away. All of this smells badly too me. I don't know but I will continue to wait and keep an open mind if that is possible.

I just really hope that this doesn't come down to a slap on the wrist for a few people getting a few minor charges for "prescribing to an addict" or using Propofol outside of a hospital setting without proper equipment or something like that because this is SO much more than that. Michael is gone - and the reason isn't because he was being over prescribed or illegally prescribed by various doctors. It's because Murray killed him - intentional or not, he killed him. And the charge should reflect that, rather than just his failure to comply with the rules.

Honestly, I don't see anything worthwhile coming from MJ's death in regards to this investigation.

I really just see a negligence charge coming for Dr. Murray and thats it. From the mere fact that not even the medical board has even found it necessary to call a hearing on whether or not his license should be revoked is very telling to me. He gets to continue practicing medicine and no one seems to care if he kills someone else or not.

really just see a negligence charge coming for Dr. Murray and thats it. From the mere fact that not even the medical board has even found it necessary to call a hearing on whether or not his license should be revoked is very telling to me. He gets to continue practicing medicine and no one seems to care if he kills someone else or not.
very true

That was not what I meant when I meant 'others'. (though this is a possibility too)

I actually meant whether someone within his close circle or in the house was somehow involved. We just don't know everything and I was thinking of all the possibilities of this case and all the things we just don't know because we weren't 'in the house' and saw exactly what happened.

well, you did say "perhaps other doctors" so I supplied a couple of names that come to MY mind. had it not been for Ratner, Michael would never ever be led to think Propofol was safe, especially at home.

Honestly, I don't see anything worthwhile coming from MJ's death in regards to this investigation.

I really just see a negligence charge coming for Dr. Murray and thats it. From the mere fact that not even the medical board has even found it necessary to call a hearing on whether or not his license should be revoked is very telling to me. He gets to continue practicing medicine and no one seems to care if he kills someone else or not.

yes that is very telling...first the police said we have to wait until Christmas, then until january 2010 and now it's months away. to hell with it! they are the same people who were humiliating him and degrading him back in 2005
Michael was left to die like a dog he was murdered and no one cares! I'm so sick of everything...I just want him back...in this rotten world he was the one thing that was good

With no suspects in custody, those familiar with the probe compare the Jackson case to the investigation of music producer Phil Spector, which took more than a year before prosecutors decided to file charges.

more than a year.....i hope not. :(

first they said around january, now more than year....what's next....

i hope it doesn't take them more than a year.

Last edited:
This has all become a joke. This man's death has become a joke. The world has become a joke. LIFE has become a joke.

Fuck this shit...

yeah it seems they are not so sure about the time of death , without it as elusive said they have no case .

I dont know...im getting the feeling the police dont really care bout it.....IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back