Confirmed New Album Collaborations & Info/Quotes

Akon speaks to The Voice Late February 2008

Oh Mike is good.. Mike is so focused. His next project is gonna be amazing.

(Asked: Are you gonna work with him?)
Absolutely

Have you already started working with him?
Absolutely.. So look out for that, its gonna be crazy.

That's insanity.

This is so good to hear :)

Damien - I just watched the interview with Akon and the way he said 'the album is gonna be crazy' was awesome!

Both Akon and Will.i.am have said the same thing. Will.i.am said of MJ's upcoming album 'The sh1t is awesome'.

Really exciting stuff hearing it from these guys. I think (when the time comes) we're gonna be in for a really big treat :)

But why did Slash say wiil i am told him michael was not recording a new album ?

He didnt. He said it is not recording any MORE new material.
Will.i.am recently said that Michael had been continuously making songs, and that he had enough completed songs to compile multiple albums. Who's to say MJ has not already finished drafting and recording his album and is now finalising the finer details.

But why did Slash say wiil i am told him michael was not recording a new album ?

He didnt. He said it is not recording any MORE new material.
Will.i.am recently said that Michael had been continuously making songs, and that he had enough completed songs to compile multiple albums. Who's to say MJ has not already finished drafting and recording his album and is now finalising the finer details.

Either that or the Daily Star which is the tabloid source for that comment was lying.

Michael is planning to make the album a big surprise.. one day in the near future when no one expects it he will make an appearance or release something and then things will explode and we will have so much information about the album it will be crazy

boom.. thats how mike rolls

Ne-yo speaks to The Voice November 16th 2007

Yes, yes. I am currently submitting songs for Michael Jackson's new project.. ahh I don't know when it's coming out.. Really not much else i can say about it other than I have had conversations with the man.. Ive actually met him.. You know we talked about where he wants to go this time and everything and um, the KEY thing he was saying is that to keep it very hush hush.. he don't want no song titles coming out, no nothin. He want's the world to be shocked and surprised when it comes out.
(Reporter says will.i.am said it might come out next year [2008])
Um, it's possible, it's possible. He said he definately wants it to come out soon. Yeah.
(Asked about will.i.am calling Ne-yo about working with MJ)
Yes yes, we are actually supposed to be doing some songs together but you know his schedule has him over here and mine has me over here so we're trying to work it out.

When will these guys talk about something we don't know? We all know the new album will gonna be crazy at any rate, as all past albums of Michael were.

we have to learn to wait!Michael has so much talent so he worth waiting;-)

Is this legit enough to put here? Sorry about the snide remarks at the end but the info is interesting.

http://http://www.timesheraldonline....man/ci_8838549
GABI UPDATE ... Just when you think the Vallejo talent machine had a quiet week, Gabi Wilson and parents start driving away from an L.A. recording studio "and all of a sudden, the guy who owns the studio runs out with a phone in his hand and beats on the window," reports father Kenny Wilson. "We were kinda freaked out wondering what was going on. It was Michael Jackson on the phone, wanting to talk to Gabi." Apparently, the dethroned prince of pop wants to meet Gabi. Under adult supervision, we should hope.

Last edited:
Is this legit enough to put here? Sorry about the snide remarks at the end but the info is interesting.

http://http://www.timesheraldonline....man/ci_8838549
GABI UPDATE ... Just when you think the Vallejo talent machine had a quiet week, Gabi Wilson and parents start driving away from an L.A. recording studio "and all of a sudden, the guy who owns the studio runs out with a phone in his hand and beats on the window," reports father Kenny Wilson. "We were kinda freaked out wondering what was going on. It was Michael Jackson on the phone, wanting to talk to Gabi." Apparently, the dethroned prince of pop wants to meet Gabi. Under adult supervision, we should hope.

Interesting. I wonder if Michael wants her for his new album.
...and notice how the article says "Dethroned PRINCE of pop" instead of "King" :/

Last edited:
Actually, she's a very talented little girl.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HDNL1dG2UMY

Imagine how powerful her voice will be when she's older.

she really is very good, she's got a very nice voice.
She makes me think of Michael when he was younger though Michael made it all look a lot more effortless! It looks like she's out of breath sometimes...
But she's very good!!!

This is exciting stuff. I had somehow been thrown into the fan world five years ago in the midst of the Bashir Crisis (yes he got some fans from that show that many of you guys hate). I have never seen a new album in my years of being an MJ admirer. ( I don't know that I can call myself a fan yet. The level of commitment you all have is astounding and admirable.)

I remember there were whispers and rumours of new albums since I first started looking him up online. It seems to really be gaining credibility though finally. I know I will love to go out and buy that new album. When I do, I will finally get to feel what it's like to be a real fan of someone (I think). I really do hope it happens this year and it finally sounds like it just might. I am excited :)

(maybe I can be called a fan..lol)

Will.i.am saying. "It sounds pretty amazing."

Akon saying. "It's going to be crazy"

These really get me PUMPED for the album.. AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Akon seems the most psyched out of all the collaborators. lol Its pretty cool lol

^ ya!!

that's probably because he's still in the 'RUSH'.. Will.i.am has been working with him for over a year now, so he has calmed down.. Akon is still like a kid in the candy store.. loL!

of course will.i.am and Akon will say the music sounds good especially if they wrote or produced it. They're not going to say their production work is horrible.:lol:

I am curious about what Santana said about MJ and Quincy working together again.
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3279&Itemid=77

Me too. Curious to know if QJ is producing or writing (or both) and for the whole album or just one song. Im hoping one song otherwise ppl will say that MJ is nothing without QJ. They're predictable, the media.

In any case we have several videoclips with Will.i.am there he is talking about MJ recording new material. I guess they just quoted him wrong they do that a lot, the tabloids.
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25059&page=117

The media misquotes ppl? Nevah! :lol:

I hope there isnt too much collaborating going on. Sounds too much for one album already but then again we dont know whats gonna get on the final list. Ppl may do 3 or 4 or 20 tracks with MJ and only 1 get on his album.

she really is very good, she's got a very nice voice.
She makes me think of Michael when he was younger though Michael made it all look a lot more effortless! It looks like she's out of breath sometimes...
But she's very good!!!

Quickly back to this girl again.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw her. Makes you wonder if you might see her face in a couple more years. Really cool that she can play, what was it, piano, guitar, bass AND drums? I could see Michael wanting to put a vocal track w/ her on it..

Anyways.........back to more news!

Will.i.am saying. "It sounds pretty amazing."

Akon saying. "It's going to be crazy"

These really get me PUMPED for the album.. AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Akon seems the most psyched out of all the collaborators. lol Its pretty cool lol

I guess so. Akon wants to win that Grammy for Best Collaboration! And with the sound of this Hold My Hand tune, I think he and Michael will certainly get a nomination at least.

Back