CNN says public viewing planned

i think public viewing is a good idea b'cos some time's u hv to see it for your heart to believe it,i think if i saw mj's body i would faint i dnt think i'll be able to coup with it,it'll be to painful for me

I'm agreeing with Brando, it's a logistical nightmare..it's a REALLY nice thought to take him there (I hope it's what he wanted) but don't underestimate how many people are going to get in they cars and drive. They would be better off using a venue in LA then moving him to Nevvy. It's going to be a circus. I'm calling it now.

All this may become clear in due course.

I wish the media would just wait, and not spread false stories about Michael's corenors report, state of finances etc. And just wait for the facts to be made clear by the corenor and Michael's lawyers. All this speculation in the media is pis*ing me off, it's irritating !

I turned on the news as soon as I got home, (about 20 minutes ago) and an ABC anchor said we could probably expect confirmation today. They also showed a clip of someone asking Randy if they have funeral plans in place he said "Yes, but I can't say anything until the announcement"

I hate the idea of him being buried under the ground...ouch it's so painful.

I wish he could be kept in a lovely, beautiful, big, expensive coffin and be kept here above the ground in some very, very, very secure and safe place.

I really did wish we knew something. At least the TIME and how they are gonna work thousands of fans actually viewing him or just in the same building? Will there be a service or you just walk by and see him and leave? where will it be held at with this many ppl going. A lot of questions no answers and I don't want to get out there and not know whats going on.

The family can do what they want although I am not in agreement with this. What about security. I am sorry but you can bet there are going to be some fans who take this sight of Michael very hard and may try to go touch him and falling out. this is going to be hard for some. If they want to ride him around in the coffin on a horse carriage fine, but I do not want it the way they did with James Brown.

I turned on the news as soon as I got home, (about 20 minutes ago) and an ABC anchor said we could probably expect confirmation today. They also showed a clip of someone asking Randy if they have funeral plans in place he said "Yes, but I can't say anything until the announcement"
Thanx for this. They should give at least 2 days notice so fans can prepare.

Damn, and I had all but ruled out flying out there, but...

I'm going to get my hair done. When I come back this afternoon, if they confirm then I may reconsider. If not....

we seem to be the last to find out anything......

I hope they realise the distances people want to travel and the effort which goes into booking things.

I have a big question that is in my head since yesterday: the press is giving all the details about the funeral. Someone's family gave Michael a press conference providing these details on the funeral? I found it very strange that I do not remember someone's family disseminate this information to the press.

*There are several topics about the funeral. I am lost and I do not know what I will read. I think I should only have a topic about it.
http://translate.google.com/translate_s?hl=pt-BR&source=translation_link

"Fans can see him Friday at Neverland."
when i saw the news
it's hard for me to imagine fans can't see him on the concert but on the funeral
how sad it is...
such a heartbreaking thing...
from celebration to mourn
no one expect this would happen...no
it hurts so much

Its not gonna happen tomorrow. They said on the news this morning that it is not workable. AEG is may open the Staples Center for the viewing. That is what I heard this morning.

ok friday but where what time, how will they work everything out, will the media record this or not? Will it be open or closed? REAL info. I hope they say something REAL quick.

Is it true they are having a memorial for MJ this coming Monday as well??at the staples center?

so nows there two public viewing. friday and monday. So then when is the final one for the family? or a maybe public view on monday?

More from Associated Press:

AP source: No public Neverland memorial planned

By MICHAEL R. BLOOD
Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- An effort to bury Michael Jackson at Neverland Ranch fizzled and it appears more likely a funeral and burial will take place in Los Angeles, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

Authorities in Santa Barbara County had been preparing for tens of thousands of fans to descend on the 2,500-acre ranch after media reports that a public viewing would take place later this week.

But the person, who is not authorized to speak for the family and requested anonymity, said nothing is planned for Neverland at least through Friday.

The person said it appears more likely a funeral and burial will take place in Los Angeles. The family has the final say.

A private memorial service for family and friends could take place at the ranch, most likely after the funeral.

The person said billionaire Thomas Barrack, who owns Neverland in a joint venture with Jackson, sought an exemption to bury the singer at the ranch. But the person says it's a complicated process and it couldn't be done for a burial this week.

"The family is aware a Neverland burial is not possible. They are expected to make decisions about whatever funeral and memorial service" will take place, the source said.

Heavy construction equipment and workers were seen passing through the wrought-iron gates of Neverland on Tuesday. The property is about 120 miles northwest of Los Angeles.

At once a symbol of Jackson's success and excesses, Neverland - the 2,500-acre property nestled in the hills of Santa Barbara County's wine country - became the site of a makeshift memorial after his death Thursday.

More from Associated Press:

By MICHAEL R. BLOOD
Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- An effort to bury Michael Jackson at Neverland Ranch fizzled and it appears more likely a funeral and burial will take place in Los Angeles, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

Authorities in Santa Barbara County had been preparing for tens of thousands of fans to descend on the 2,500-acre ranch after media reports that a public viewing would take place later this week.

But the person, who is not authorized to speak for the family and requested anonymity, said nothing is planned for Neverland at least through Friday.

The person said it appears more likely a funeral and burial will take place in Los Angeles. The family has the final say.

A private memorial service for family and friends could take place at the ranch, most likely after the funeral.

The person said billionaire Thomas Barrack, who owns Neverland in a joint venture with Jackson, sought an exemption to bury the singer at the ranch. But the person says it's a complicated process and it couldn't be done for a burial this week.

"The family is aware a Neverland burial is not possible. They are expected to make decisions about whatever funeral and memorial service" will take place, the source said.

Heavy construction equipment and workers were seen passing through the wrought-iron gates of Neverland on Tuesday. The property is about 120 miles northwest of Los Angeles.

At once a symbol of Jackson's success and excesses, Neverland - the 2,500-acre property nestled in the hills of Santa Barbara County's wine country - became the site of a makeshift memorial after his death Thursday.
I hope this is true. NO needs to expose Michael. Let him rest in peace.

thanks. I really don't know what to believe anymore. They need to lay michael to rest soon. but monday will give me more time. If they would just finalize everything that would really help. I hope everything is ok with the family.

thanks. I really don't know what to believe anymore. They need to lay michael to rest soon. but monday will give me more time. If they would just finalize everything that would really help. I hope everything is ok with the family.

I really do hope that it'll be sometime next week like monday or tuesday.

It has nothing confirmed. Can only be confirmed if one of the family disclosed in a press conference, who is giving all this information is not the press and the family officially. A big mess.​

why can't they stop giving fans hassle why can't we have confirmation on the funeral

latest updates from last hour or 2

source tells AP that, despite widespread media reports, there is no public memorial planned for Michael Jackson at Neverland.
36 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

The L.A. Times has learned that Michael Jackson will not be buried at his Neverland ranch due to legal issues.16 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

BNO News source: Michael Jackson's memorial likely to take place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.6 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

chael Jackson will not be buried at Neverland ranch

Funeral arrangements for Michael Jackson are still in flux, but one thing is clear: The pop icon will not be buried at Neverland ranch.

Jackson’s family wanted him interred at the Santa Barbara County estate, the site of some of the happiest and saddest times in his life, and Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger had agreed to help clear any state bureaucratic hurdles, a source close to the situation told The Times.

But in the end, the source said, county officials could not find a way to quickly circumvent legal restrictions governing burial at a private residence.

"It’s nobody’s fault. Everybody in Santa Barbara feels bad about it,” the source said.

Law enforcement officials had expressed concerns about thousands of cars driving up a narrow mountain road to Neverland.

Santa Barbara County sheriff's Lt. Butch Arnoldi said that the two-lane Figueroa Mountain Road is not designed for a crush of cars and that his department is discussing how to make the route to Neverland as safe as possible.

There have also been reports the memorial might be held at Staples Center.

Santa Barbara County spokesman William Boyer said Wednesday that despite meetings to prepare for the possibility of a memorial service, county officials had not heard from the Jackson family.

"There's been no decisions that have been made as of last night," Boyer said. He said the county and sheriff's officials had been in touch with their law enforcement counterparts in Southern California.

LAPD officials said Tuesday that they met with the Jackson family but that no final decision had been made on either a memorial service or funeral plans.

-- Harriet Ryan and Andrew Blankstein

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009...land-ranch.html

By MICHAEL R. BLOOD
Associated Press Writer

Back