CNN Icons / Michael is the winner.

Re: CNN Icons

Done! :D But uh...

WTF CNN?! :wtf: MJ ain't the "Prince of Pop"! He's the motherf***ing KING! :punk:

Voted!
In my opinion, this top tries to reveal their art in creating symbols and unforgetable images, so-called "model", like there is a small suggestion here:

http://thesaurus.com/browse/icon

Voted this way:

1. Michael
2. Beatles
3. Bob Marley
4. Bob Dylan
5. Elvis

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Voted!
In my opinion, this top tries to reveal their art in creating symbols and unforgetable images, so-called "model", like there is a small suggestion here:

http://thesaurus.com/browse/icon

Voted this way:

1. Michael
2. Beatles
3. Bob Marley
4. Bob Dylan
5. Elvis

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

dont vote this way!

this way beatles, bob marley, bob dylan and elvis still get high points...

i just voted like this:

1. Michael
2. some no name
rest the same!

this way it is ensured that other possible winners get less points :)

^^^

Agreed. Those of you who are voting for The Beatles, Elvis,etc. I'm guessing you don't want MJ to win? Lol. If not, then keep voting like that, but if you want Mike to win, I would not suggest voting for them.

I mean please believe that most Beatles and Elvis fans are sure as heck NOT voting for Michael.

I want MJ to win, can we vote more than once I wonder?

A lot of people are going to vote for the Beatles and Elvis. You best believe that those armies are already out. They don't even care, most of them don't even want MJ anywhere on that list, so if you are going to be even bothered as to vote MJ #1 then it's best to make sure that you vote in a way that will insure him one of the top spots. That would mean making your first vote to exclude any shoo-in choices. If they aren't excluding any multiple same IP votes, then make your first vote your real choice and then go ahead vote multiple times using a much different set of choices, like ones who aren't shoo-ins. Actually, if Cruz was in one the top spots, I would not mind it at all.

1 Michael Jackson
2 The Beatles
3 James Brown
4 Bob Dylan
5 Bob Marley

I'm sure MJ will win the top spot regardless of how people vote

I voted and I have to admit I put the Beatles on spot 4 (MJ on spot 1, of course), but in the hindsight I agree that if we want MJ to win we will have to stop voting for the Beatles and Elvis, because their fans won't vote for Michael.

I didn't put Elvis on my list and that's not because of tactical reasons but because I never liked him and I have always thought he was overrated.

Anyway we vote I'm not sure though CNN would let Michael win. Can you tell I don't trust the media very much?

1 Michael Jackson
2 The Beatles
3 James Brown
4 Bob Dylan
5 Bob Marley

stop voting for beatles, james brown, bob dylan and bob marley if you want michael to win!

rather place michael as 1st and then some no-names as 2,3,4 and 5.

that way, beatles, elvis and co. dont earn any points. but if you put them 2,3,4 or 5, they still gain points for your vote.

1 Michael Jackson
2 The Beatles
3 James Brown
4 Bob Dylan
5 Bob Marley

You're free to vote as you'd like but MJ will NOT be #1 if you guys keep voting like this. He wont. You have to think about the CNN demographic. A lot of these people are baby boomers. They grew up during the time when Elvis, The Stones, The Beatles, etc. were huge and this is who they will vote for.

Most of them will NOT be voting for Michael and that's a fact. A lot of those rock fans don't even respect MJ or the kind of music he does and will not be voting for him at all.

I know, I know it's just a poll. But with MJ not being here anymore, even small things like this are important for his legacy and to show what a strong fanbase he has, so I really wish some of you would stop voting for some of these artists if you actually want MJ to win. They don't need your help. We're the minority here.

MJ needs our votes. Not these other folks.

1 Michael Jackson
2 The Beatles
3 James Brown
4 Bob Dylan
5 Bob Marley

dont vote this way!!!!

you have to vote

1 michael jackson
2 some no name
3 some no name
4 some no name
5 some no name

if you place beatles, elvis etc behind him, you actually still help them gain points... and we dont want them to gain any points, because other people (elvis or beatles fans) vote them enough already, and DEFINATELY won't vote for michael too if they place elvis or beatles at #1...

so don't make a fool of yourself

Everyone has the right to vote as they will. Michael deserves to win, IMO, but if someone wants to vote for Elvis or the Beatles that's their choise. (and they are not fools for doing so)
I'd rather see 'fairplay' than tactics. If Elvis fans choose not to vote for Michael just so that he wouldn't win -shame on them. That's how I feel, anyway. :) IDK, maybe I'm just making a fool of myself.

You're free to vote as you'd like but MJ will NOT be #1 if you guys keep voting like this. He wont. You have to think about the CNN demographic. A lot of these people are baby boomers. They grew up during the time when Elvis, The Stones, The Beatles, etc. were huge and this is who they will vote for.

Most of them will NOT be voting for Michael and that's a fact. A lot of those rock fans don't even respect MJ or the kind of music he does and will not be voting for him at all.

I know, I know it's just a poll. But with MJ not being here anymore, even small things like this are important for his legacy and to show what a strong fanbase he has, so I really wish some of you would stop voting for some of these artists if you actually want MJ to win. They don't need your help. We're the minority here.

I enjoyed your post. Funny thing though is My Mother voted she's a teenager of the 60's -70's & she voted for Michael Jackson.

stop voting for beatles, james brown, bob dylan and bob marley if you want michael to win!

rather place michael as 1st and then some no-names as 2,3,4 and 5.

that way, beatles, elvis and co. dont earn any points. but if you put them 2,3,4 or 5, they still gain points for your vote.

HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU GUYS HAVE TO TELL THEM!!!!!!!! They still insist on voting for E, B, etc. God Help Us!!!

Agree with you 1000%. Let's hope they listen now!!!!!!!

Maybe some people are going straight to the link and voting before they read the comments? Maybe the person who originated the thread can edit and put a recommendation on how to vote (just before or after the link) or advise them to read the comments before voting.............just saying.

The original poster - that's me - feels that people should vote as they see fit.

If Michael wins, then great. If he does not, it does not diminish his value, legacy or cultural impact in any way.

Unfortunately, as you can see, not everybody feels this way.

Back