CNN Icons / Michael is the winner.

Re: CNN Icons

Could someone explain me why you are talking about self titled ? I read "self styled" and I understand that he created his own style - did I misunderstand something ? :scratch:

you're right it is self-styled, but actually it's the same.

self·-styled
adjective
considered and called (something specified) only by the individual himself or herself; alleged (to be such) only by the person concerned; pretended; professed: a self-styled expert

oh :doh: !! Thanks for your explanation. It changes all the view :( !! the english language has yet some mysteries for me :cheeky:!!

I Love it when Mike kicks ass in these polls, he really deserves it.

Last edited:

sSig_iagree.gif

Don't you just love it when they call him "self titled" while the didn't say a thing about the "queen of pop"? -_-

Don't you just love it when they call him "self titled" while the didn't say a thing about the "queen of pop"? -_-

I just laugh now, it's like they can't just say something good about him without putting a little negative spin on it. Like them fake fans "Mikes cool but he was a little.." :smilerolleyes:

Yes!!! No one deserves it more. When it comes to entertainment, MJ is THE biggest and best global icon as far as i'm concerned. I only wish he was here to see all the love he's getting.

Long live the King!

Congratulations to Michael! He's definitely the best of all of the musicians which were listed on the poll. I voted for him, of course.

awesomeness... reading the arguements/comment down the bottom of the CNN page. i think we're winning that one too lovely mj fans!!

Yeah, you probably also noticed how MJ's mini-bio was the only one mentioning any negativity about his life. Like all the other nominees had sterling careers :smilerolleyes: And now this report on the final results... Whoever's in charge of that poll is quite clearly not a fan. All I can say is: TOUGH!!! :punk:

Madonna in, the Beatles out - are you kidding me? :eek:hmy:

I think if anyone that Leslie Cheung guy (yeah, that's a guy not a woman, I looked it up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_Cheung) shouldn't have been there. I looked up his music on YT and I don't think it's anything special. But there are a lot of people living in Asia/China, so he got a lot of votes. LOL.

Yeah, I can't stand the beatles. They're terribly over-rated IMO. You're free to think otherwise, but that's my perspective. I voted for Elvis and Madonna because they were groundbreaking/barrier-breaking and their music is good. Granted, Madonna isn't the deepest artist out there, but she did break a lot of barriers for female singers and still is on top of her game even today.

Yeah, I didn't really know who Leslie was, nor did I care. I needed a space-filler and he was it. xD

My main intention was to support Michael, of course. All others were merely tools to reach the goal. :p

Yeah, you probably also noticed how MJ's mini-bio was the only one mentioning any negativity about his life. Like all the other nominees had sterling careers :smilerolleyes: And now this report on the final results... Whoever's in charge of that poll is quite clearly not a fan. All I can say is: TOUGH!!! :punk:

of course, that would be CNN :lol:

Almost 100,000 of you voted to tell us that the self-styled "King of Pop"

Anytime there is the positive thing about Michael especially if he beats The Beatles or Elvis, media use the words - self-styled "King of Pop".

Another clear example of the media bias to reduce any of Michael´s great achievements!!!!

As far as I know Michael has never titled the King of Pop himself, so he cant be marked as - self-styled..., or am I wrong?

Last edited:

Good job, guys

oh I thought there must be an e-mail address of the editor, but there's no such a thing

Last edited:

where can I watch the TV special?

anybody recorded it?

Almost 100,000 of you voted to tell us that the self-styled "King of Pop"

Anytime there is the positive thing about Michael especially if he beats The Beatles or Elvis, media use the words - self-styled "King of Pop".

Another clear example of the media bias to reduce any of Michael´s great achievements!!!!

As far as I know Michael has never titled the King of Pop himself, so he cant be marked as - self-styled..., or am I wrong?

so true .
*MICHAEL STYLE*
*This one is for u all haters*
:tease:
:shutup:
:dancin:

Yeah, I can't stand the beatles. They're terribly over-rated IMO. You're free to think otherwise, but that's my perspective. I voted for Elvis and Madonna because they were groundbreaking/barrier-breaking and their music is good. Granted, Madonna isn't the deepest artist out there, but she did break a lot of barriers for female singers and still is on top of her game even today.

Yeah, I didn't really know who Leslie was, nor did I care. I needed a space-filler and he was it. xD

My main intention was to support Michael, of course. All others were merely tools to reach the goal. :p

The Beatles might be a bit overrated but not terribly IMO. I personally think Elvis is a lot more overrated. He never wrote songs and he basically just stole black music and built a career on it. OK, this might sound a bit rude, but he was not creative, nor innovative. He was just a good looking white kid with a good voice at the right place in the right time, IMO.

As for Madonna, I think the only thing she was groundbreaking in is creating and manipulating her image, not in an artistic way.

Yeah, of course we are all free to have our opinions. We are just discussing ;)

... hmmm, but what about in 10 - 20 years.... will be Michael still so hugely popular supported by - fans?

The Beatles , Elvis, Madonna are so overrated but pictured as the best (I am shocked that media consciously do forget the real music icons and pioneers...), but their fans and recording companies do support these images for obvious reasons - money.

Michael has been pictured as a weirdo for decades and despite of that he still is able to mobilize people who support him, aka fans.
What makes me wonder is the incredible media bias against Michael.
(the so.called) Music experts and historians do know who Michael Jackson has been, and what place in history he has, but they try to reduce his status and question his contribution.
But on the other hand, they extremely praise the Bees and Pelvis as something unique, but there are many other better artists and groups - lost and forgotten in history....

Ridiculous.

... hmmm, but what about in 10 - 20 years.... will be Michael still so hugely popular supported by - fans?

The Beatles , Elvis, Madonna are so overrated but pictured as the best (I am shocked that media consciously do forget the real music icons and pioneers...), but their fans and recording companies do support these images for obvious reasons - money.

Michael has been pictured as a weirdo for decades and despite of that he still is able to mobilize people who support him, aka fans.
What makes me wonder is the incredible media bias against Michael.
(the so.called) Music experts and historians do know who Michael Jackson has been, and what place in history he has, but they try to reduce his status and question his contribution.
But on the other hand, they extremely praise the Bees and Pelvis as something unique, but there are many other better artists and groups - lost and forgotten in history....

Ridiculous.

Whatever the history is between MJ and Sony, I think from now on it's in their interest to support MJ's image.

I agree that MJ is underrated in the media compared to acts like Madonna, Elvis and the Beatles. This poll and that they had to put a negative spin in the article on MJ, despite just having been voted Nr 1, while they had nothing negative to say about others, just shows that.

But I think time will work for MJ. I seriously do. I look at the bigger picture and what I see is that the greatest artists (and scientists) were often put down by their peers (and other, less significant artists were praised above them) - but the later ages rehabilitated them.

IMO the fact the media and his peers treated him like dirt, will work in his favour in the longer term! Because the truth will come out - it already is coming out. I have seen a lot of people say "I thought he was guilty, because I didn't really care, I just swallowed whatever the media put in front of me, but since his death I looked into it and now I think he was innocent". I think more and more people will realize that with time. And then the fact he was treated the way he was treated will make him like a modern day martyr which will only boost his image on the long term. Tom Sneddon, Diane Dimond, The Chandlers, The Arvizos - they will go down as the evil ones in history on the long term, not Michael. That's how I see it.

Back