Child prodigy Michael: when did YOU think he started? LOL

Ah yeah... you saw Sammy's reaction - :cry:

Touching. :wub: Sammy knew he was loved before he died. The entire TV tribute was breathtaking. Whitney Houston sung "One Moment in Time" for Sammy too if I'm not mistaken.

And of course Sammy's final performance with Gregory Hines in which he performed his tap-dancing routine one final time.

He's the man simply for being able to do MJ strut to perfection :punk: anything else no longer matters when you do the MJ strut :wild:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember seeing MJ and Sammy together at the Hollywood Palace on YouTube. Sammy was a little upset that MJ was taking the spotlight away from him. :lol: But you could tell it was part of the act anyway. :p

Sammy and Michael truly respected each other.

I remember seeing MJ and Sammy together at the Hollywood Palace on YouTube. Sammy was a little upset that MJ was taking the spotlight away from him. :lol: But you could tell it was part of the act anyway. :p

I use to have that video, was MJ just a little kid? and diana ross was there and he was doing some James brown moves or somin? that thing was awesome too :clapping:

He's the man simply for being able to do MJ strut to perfection :punk: anything else no longer matters when you do the MJ strut :wild:

oooooohhhhhhh yeeeaaaaaaah :yes:

LOL! :)

That there were other legendary entertainers that started their careers as kids? Maybe. ^_^

Sammy's career lasted for 60 years!

I don't even think Judy Garland (who died very young), Liz Taylor and Shirley Temple Black had careers lasting that long.

But nah, Sammy was at it for a LONG time, Chaos. When we saw Michael with him most of the time he was older.

Fred Astaire started on vaudiville very young, in his early teens I think with his sister and had a film career up in to the late 70s. So from the early 1900s to the late 1970s. That's a loooooong time, lol.

I use to have that video, was MJ just a little kid? and diana ross was there and he was doing some James brown moves or somin? that thing was awesome too :clapping:

Michael was like 10 or 11 at that time. He looked younger though because he was so little. Diana Ross came up to him and asked him to do some of his moves and he and the brothers start performing "There Was A Time" and after Michael sings his lead, he drops the mic and starts giratting all over the stage. Sammy comes out screaming "Hold it! Hold it!" and runs up to Diana and says "Di, I want to talk to you!" But then he says "Wait a second, I wanna talk to him." And he turns to Michael and goes "Ohhh, I'm gonna put you in a sack, you 87 year old midget!" and he drags Michael off stage, lol. Obviously it was part of the act, but it was cute.

lol, poor Shirley Temple was considered over the hill in Hollywood by the age of seven! Such is one of the many plights of being a child star.

Elizabeth Taylor was wanted for the part of Vivian Lee's daughter in "Gone With The Wind" in 1939, but her father didn't want her to do it. Hollywood kept knocking on their door though because Elizabeth Taylor is something special and eventually he caved, letting her go in to films.

Very sad. She was a child star and its really Hollywoods fault what happened to her. They got her hooked on the drugs. She was one of the most awesome talents in history.

LOL, that's why it's hard for me to explain why James Brown, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, MJ, and the like are as talented as they are. :D

Heck yes, lol. That's why you always see me positng chapter book essays on this forum when I get in to Michael's talent, lol.

And MJ has given major props to Sammy regularly; I think in the Steve Harvey interview, when he's asked who his influences are, he makes a point of emphasizing Sammy's name.

That's true. Shirley was overwhelmed by the time "Wizard of Oz" came around and Judy Garland won her part, lol.
I thought it was that Temple was under contract to Fox, and MGM couldn't get her released. I'm not complaining; I think Garland's awesome, and the success of the film speaks for itself. I can't imagine it without Garland singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow....

This thread is great for showing that careers in show biz can indeed last a helluva long time. All these peeps (and there are more) make a great argument against those who say MJ is too old to perform. :yes:

Michael was like 10 or 11 at that time. He looked younger though because he was so little. Diana Ross came up to him and asked him to do some of his moves and he and the brothers start performing "There Was A Time" and after Michael sings his lead, he drops the mic and starts giratting all over the stage. Sammy comes out screaming "Hold it! Hold it!" and runs up to Diana and says "Di, I want to talk to you!" But then he says "Wait a second, I wanna talk to him." And he turns to Michael and goes "Ohhh, I'm gonna put you in a sack, you 87 year old midget!" and he drags Michael off stage, lol. Obviously it was part of the act, but it was cute.

Wait.....is this still on video somewhere, because I would LOVE to see that, lol!

Wait.....is this still on video somewhere, because I would LOVE to see that, lol!

Yeah, it's in bad quality though. It's from 1969. It's cute as hell when Michael's like "It's gonna sell EVERYWHERE!" LOL. Of course, that's after you recover from how mind blowing he is. You're like 'no way!'

Back