Britney's Official Album Title: 'Circus' + First Single: 'Womanizer'

I occasionally look at TV stations like BET and MTV, and they usually advertise rappers and such that no one I know has even heard of. A bunch of random faces have replaced even the most liked current artists like Kanye, Beyonce, Britney, Fall Out Boy, and such.

Another reason I'm glad that Britney is back. She actually makes good music, unlike a lot of thing no faced acts.

Does anybody know of a good Britney forum, that has lots of members, is active, and is free of negativity? I found breatheheavy.com, but I was a bit put off by the haters on there. Is there another forum that's better?

toxicthrill.com is one. I'm part of it, not very active or large as breatheheavy, but you won't find no haters.

There's also an affiliate section with some britney fansites, but I'm not sure if they have forums.

Nah, I'm looking for a forum that has at least 1,000 members, so toxicthrill won't work. Thanks though :)

Not really. There's tons of good/great mainstream artists.

I'd say, if not every mainstream artist sucks, which I think it's true, core mainstream ain't the same. It's like, the closer you go toward the core of the entire mainstream concetric circle, the less pretty the picture gets.

I'm happy for Britney. Not a fan, but she looked as if she was just losing over and over again. Leaves a sour taste when I see the media is now tryin to hype her up to be their own heroine even though they wasn't exactly supportive when things were goin downhill.

Not many at all. All the best acts used to be mainstream, now the best acts get hardly any airplay.

How so? I hear them on the radio and advertised a lot.

The media enjoys changing their minds on Britney. Before, you had to hate her. Now they want everyone to like her. MTV is a kissass.

Well you may find them to be high quality artists, but I find them to be anything but. When I watch VH1 or MTV when they actually play videos, the majority of the acts I see are horrifically bad.

MTV plays a lot of nobodies. I don't even take them seriously anymore, so I don't even bother including them in this.

Well I don't know what you're talking about then. Top 40 these days sucks. The people who get the most exposure and get the awards, etc...

Mainstream is more than just MTV. Other stations like BET, radio, XM, internet, advertisements. MTV, VH1 and such are just a small part. Especially now with the internet.

Well I'm talking about the acts that get the most exposure and get the awards and get the majority of attention, that's what I mean by main stream. The ones I see who are payed the most attention suck ass.

The problem isn't that the bad and okay artists get airplay, it's that they dominate. I mean, I'm as guilty as the next guy of liking T-Pain, Akon and a few others, but it would be nice to hear some Jill Scott, Ledisi or Raphael Saadiq in between their hits. And it's not just R&B, I'm sure the same can be said for almost any genre of music you like.

The problem isn't that the bad and okay artists get airplay, it's that they dominate. I mean, I'm as guilty as the next guy of liking T-Pain, Akon and a few others, but it would be nice to hear some Jill Scott, Ledisi or Raphael Saadiq in between their hits. And it's not just R&B, I'm sure the same can be said for almost any genre of music you like.

Diversity, there needs to be diversity in mainstream music again. :yes:

Mystic , give me 10 good mainstream artists. Of today.

Kanye West
Daft Punk
Britney Spears
Beyonce
Cobra Starship
Ne-Yo
Mariah Carey
Mary J Blige
Eminem
Chris Brown

I'll even give a few more:
3 Doors Down
Akon
Janet Jackson?
The Spill Canvas
Leona Lewis
Lifehouse

Kanye West
Daft Punk
Britney Spears
Beyonce
Cobra Starship
Ne-Yo
Mariah Carey
Mary J Blige
Eminem
Chris Brown

3 Doors Down
Akon
Janet Jackson?
The Spill Canvas
Leona Lewis
Lifehouse

Chris Brown? Beyonce? Akon? I'm sorry, but no, they're freaking annoying, and I wish they'd disappear out of the music scene. The rest of the list I agree with, though.

I love the album! I'm gonna buy it!

I love "circus", "womanizer" , "if u seek amy", "lace and leather", "phonography"!

Chris Brown? Beyonce? Akon? I'm sorry, but no, they're freaking annoying, and I wish they'd disappear out of the music scene. The rest of the list I agree with, though.

How is Beyonce annoying? She's got some pretty amazing songs and a great voice. Especially on I Am. If I Were A Boy, Ava Maria, Scared of Lonely, Single Ladies, and Halo are amazing.

So I've been listening to XM radio on DirecTV since last night pretty much nonstop. Womanizer has gotten some pretty massive airplay on both 20 on 20 (last I remember, they said it was number 15) annd Pop2K - Hits of the 2000's.

I haven't heard Circus on the radio or anywhere though. I wonder why that is...

Kanye West
Daft Punk
Britney Spears
Beyonce
Cobra Starship
Ne-Yo
Mariah Carey
Mary J Blige
Eminem
Chris Brown

3 Doors Down
Akon
Janet Jackson?
The Spill Canvas
Leona Lewis
Lifehouse

Mariah's the only true talent on that list. Beyonce is pretty good by today's standards. But 20 years ago, she's as common as dirt.

That's what I was saying. The crappy acts get the most attention. That didn't used to be the case.

Mariah's the only true talent on that list. Beyonce is pretty good by today's standards. But 20 years ago, she's as common as dirt.

How do Daft Punk, Britney Spears, Beyonce, Cobra Starship, Ne-Yo, Mary J Blige, Eminem, Janet Jackson, Leona Lewis, and Lifehouse not have talent?

Mary J Blige doesn't have true talent? Are you serious? Lifehouse? Janet? No true talent?

Compared to 20 years ago, yes. The 80's weren't an era of perfection.

Back