Breaking News: Chris Brown Under Investigation For Assault; Brown & Rihanna To Miss Grammys

Any man who hits a woman should be gettin a good sentence inside! End of. And I hope he gets one.
If you was goin out with RIHANNA! You defo wud not be beatin her up. What an idiot.

I have learned with all the horrible false lies about Michael, not to pass judgement until the truth is revealed although, he's hardly a MJ wannabe now, you wouldn't see michael doing that. It a Horrific!! Thing to do I real hope it wasn't done to Rihanna, I really don't want to see her get hurt, my little darling Rihanna. Hope she ok if it was her. Love her! XX.

P.S still Love Michael More! X

hes guilty alright. anyone can see that. its so damn obvious. i bet his plea is gonna be guilty anyway. too bad coz i kinda used to like him.

Well, I guess it's good you're not a juror then. So tell me then, since the news channels don't have the full story yet, exactly what all went down?

"Innocent Until Proven Guilty". I'm sure we will hear more of the details as time goes on.

This is a classic case of a celebrity trial by media...we only hear of Rihanna's injuries and Chris Brown accompanied by his lawyer booking himself in police.

Aside from that we know very little about what provoked an attack in the first place or who hit who kind of thing. Granted Rihanna is injured and that is sad, should never have been so..but there is little substantial info for us to deem anyone guilty or innocent just yet.

All we know for sure is that it was a woman who made a complaint (according to a police spokesperson), and that he's been accused of and charged with assault. He fled the scene and handed himself in later. It doesn't look good.

IMO, it doesn't matter what provoked an attack, he shouldn't have been throwing his fists around at anyone. :blink:

We're not likely to know details if a woman was involved (Rihanna or any other woman) because victims have a right to anonymity. imo it's likely that it is Rihanna who is involved- I know if it was me named in an assault case and I had no involvement, I'd be jumping up and down saying "it wasn't me".

But yes, the speculation in this case is awful and it's just getting worse the longer Brown stays silent unfortunately.

I have learned with all the horrible false lies about Michael, not to pass judgement until the truth is revealed although, he's hardly a MJ wannabe now, you wouldn't see michael doing that. It a Horrific!! Thing to do I real hope it wasn't done to Rihanna, I really don't want to see her get hurt, my little darling Rihanna. Hope she ok if it was her. Love her! XX.

Im with u on that!:cheers:

not to much of a drama queen today are we. why ppl always have to bring mj into it i dont know and most ppl outside of the usa dont even know who chris brown is, hes just another r&b singer/dancer who sounds the same as all the others and wont even be remebered in 5 years

i was comparing the presumptions. if people stop listening to Chris Brown because he has a behavior issue then it is sad. Much like people don't listen to Michael even if he was found not guilty.

Either I am bad at expressing or you people here are experts at twisting what was said.

All we know for sure is that it was a woman who made a complaint (according to a police spokesperson), and that he's been accused of and charged with assault. He fled the scene and handed himself in later. It doesn't look good.

IMO, it doesn't matter what provoked an attack, he shouldn't have been throwing his fists around at anyone. :blink:

We're not likely to know details if a woman was involved (Rihanna or any other woman) because victims have a right to anonymity. imo it's likely that it is Rihanna who is involved- I know if it was me named in an assault case and I had no involvement, I'd be jumping up and down saying "it wasn't me".

But yes, the speculation in this case is awful and it's just getting worse the longer Brown stays silent unfortunately.

Pretty much. I just want Chris to say his piece because silence is NOT working for him.

His camp have so far promised statements twice, and still nothing.

well...apparently, power 106 fm radio in los angeles has decided to withold a little judgement. they just played some chris brown.

Being MJ fans I think it's only fair that we reserve judgement until we hear Chris Brown's side of the story and he has a chance to defend himself legally. Because we know better than any other group of fans that someone can be totally innocent but because of media coverage the majority of people don't believe so. All I can say is that things don't look good for Chris and if he's guilty of this act of abuse he's a down-right bastard. I'll be quite glad to see his career turn to crap. But out of principle I just have to wait until he has a chance to prove himself before I start calling him a "woman beater" and deleting all his songs from my iTunes.

Well, I guess it's good you're not a juror then. So tell me then, since the news channels don't have the full story yet, exactly what all went down?

if i was a juror i would follow the procedure objectively and with an open mind. but i am not.
so i can pass judgement all i want even though i havent heard the full story yet. i dont need the full story to know that he beat her up. only the part where rihanna described to the police how she was beaten up by chris and how he almost chocked her to death and made death treats against her. i am sure it is true for the following reasons:
1) rihanna is a rich and successful individual. she doesnt need any money or bad publicity or the public to feel sorry for her. so no reason to make ish up. not a gold digger.
2) its been so many days and chris still hasnt denied anything.
3) there were witnesses that confirmed rihanna's story.

are those reasons not good enough for me to make up my mind about this case ? no, i think they are. chris deserves a fair trial and i deserve the right to make up my mind about this since i have enough clues. he is guilty and u will remember me when he will be found guilty by the jury.

if i was a juror i would follow the procedure objectively and with an open mind. but i am not.
so i can pass judgement all i want even though i havent heard the full story yet. i dont need the full story to know that he beat her up. only the part where rihanna described to the police how she was beaten up by chris and how he almost chocked her to death and made death treats against her. i am sure it is true for the following reasons:
1) rihanna is a rich and successful individual. she doesnt need any money or bad publicity or the public to feel sorry for her. so no reason to make ish up. not a gold digger.
2) its been so many days and chris still hasnt denied anything.
3) there were witnesses that confirmed rihanna's story.

are those reasons not good enough for me to make up my mind about this case ? no, i think they are. chris deserves a fair trial and i deserve the right to make up my mind about this since i have enough clues. he is guilty and u will remember me when he will be found guilty by the jury.

1. They threw the "death threats" charges back to the police department to find more evidence. And now there is talk that the charge likely won't go through. Does it mean he didn't do it? No. Does it mean it's a possibility? Yes.

2. No, Chris has not denied anything. What does that mean? He's obligated to state his story to the general public? No, he is not.

3. "There were witnesses who confirmed Rihanna's story." You do not know this. You know there are witnesses who saw certain things, the full extent of the disclosure has not been made. What parts did they see? The beginning of the altercation, the end? Did they hear any death threats? Nobody has said that these witnesses have corroborated Rihanna's story.

4. Lots of celebrities who are rich and famous do stupid stuff and create bad publicity for themselves. I'm not saying that's what Rihanna is doing by ANY stretch, but there is a precedent for celebs to do dumb stuff.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but I just want to let you know and informed opinion is always the best.

Last edited:
Rihanna hasn't even spoken! :blink: It's likely it is her, but there is nothing definite to say it's even her to begin with.

Victims have a right to anonymity- it's entirely possible that the victim will not even be named. As I said in a previous post, the only things we know for sure is that the police have confirmed it's a woman who made the complaint, and Brown was arrested and charged and posted bail.

Chris Brown / his camp should make a statement as promised (twice now), because his silence is doing nothing but damage.

Being MJ fans I think it's only fair that we reserve judgement until we hear Chris Brown's side of the story and he has a chance to defend himself legally. Because we know better than any other group of fans that someone can be totally innocent but because of media coverage the majority of people don't believe so. All I can say is that things don't look good for Chris and if he's guilty of this act of abuse he's a down-right bastard. I'll be quite glad to see his career turn to crap. But out of principle I just have to wait until he has a chance to prove himself before I start calling him a "woman beater" and deleting all his songs from my iTunes.

I agree with you on the first part, but why would you delete his songs if he was proven guilty?

1. They threw the "death threats" charges back to the police department to find more evidence. And now there is talk that the charge likely won't go through. Does it mean he didn't do it? No. Does it mean it's a possibility? Yes.

2. No, Chris has not denied anything. What does that mean? He's obligated to state his story to the general public? No, he is not.

3. "There were witnesses who confirmed Rihanna's story." You do not know this. You know there are witnesses who saw certain things, the full extent of the disclosure has not been made. What parts did they see? The beginning of the altercation, the end? Did they hear any death threats? Nobody has said that these witnesses have corroborated Rihanna's story.

4. Lots of celebrities who are rich and famous do stupid stuff and create bad publicity for themselves. I'm not saying that's what Rihanna is doing by ANY stretch, but there is a precedent for celebs to do dumb stuff.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but I just want to let you know and informed opinion is always the best.

out of curiosity are u a woman ? because if u are then i am shocked.
i have noticed that u and some other ppl here and everywhere are talking about rihanna like some dumb celeb who had this coming and deserved what she got. we are not talkin g about a performance here or a music video or a song we are talking about a serious woman-beating by a man. i dont see rihanna as an artist in this case i see her as a woman who was beaten by her boyfriend and i see chris as a woman beater. this isnt about celebs this is about an abuser and a victim.everybody does dumb stuff not just celebs but thats not the case here. this is a case of abuse between two ppl not two artists since it didnt happen onstage during a concert but it happened in the real world in the real life.
how would u like it if ur sister or mother or daughter was in rihannas place ? how would it make u feel ? so stop looking rihanna as a celebrity figure for a sec and look at her as a human being who was physically hurt and emotionally traumatized for life after what she went through. shame on all the ppl that take chris browns side on this one.
and to answer ur other question. YES chris is obligated to state his story to the general public since hes being accused of a serious crime and hes a public figure. many ppl idolize him and follow his example.

Now listen, everyone knows that I can't stand Chris Brown, but that's just as an artist. We really don't know the facts yet. We're hearing a lot of gossip from this source and that, but nothing has actually been established and we know how the media loves to run with the most sensational headline at the first chance they get. Obviously, something happened or Rhianna, or whoever the woman is, wouldn't have been injured when the police found her. But the extent of her injuries and why she was injured has yet to be established. Chris deserves the benifit of the doubt until he is otherwise proven to have acted with a certain amount of burtality and/or the reason for his actions is totally unjustified.

Of course, it's never right to hit someone weaker then you and I maintain that. But before people start going off talking about Chris like he's a woman beater and that's a fact or that he's a violent type who's dangerous and acting like he's scum, they should wait for the facts to come out. Nobody is perfect and if Rihanna really was wailing on Chris then I can understand why he snapped. I'm not saying that justifies what he did, because it doesn't. But I can understand why and people would have to try and realize that it wasn't out of bad character or malicious intent that Chris did what he did, but out of a moment of weakness and frustration, which we all experience.

If he beat the hell out of Rihanna or even just smacked her, there's no excuse for that. You should never lay your hands on somebody who cannot defend themselves. But it might not be a black and white issue (nothing is) where we can just call Chris a horrible person and ignore the circumstances surrounding it.

Everybody is judgemental, but the extent to which you take it can become as unattractive a trait as anything else.

Rihanna's 'ongoing abusive' relationship

2 hours 17 mins ago
Bangshowbiz

* Print Story

Rihanna has reportedly told police she was in an "ongoing and escalating abusive relationship" with Chris Brown. Skip related content
Related photos / videos
Rihanna's 'ongoing abusive' relationship Enlarge photo

The 'Umbrella' singer - who is believed to have suffered a bloody nose, facial bruising and a split lip after Chris allegedly attacked her in his car on Sunday (08.02.09) - is said to have opened up to the police about the nature of her violent relationship with the 19-year-old singer.

According to gossip website TMZ, Rihanna has confirmed Sunday's argument started when Chris - who has been charged with making criminal threats and released on $50,000 bail - received a text message from another girl.

As the row escalated Chris began hitting her. She then ordered him to drive her home before "faking" a call to a friend, during which she said things like: "He's dropping me off. Make sure the cops are there."

The singer claims the call make Chris even angrier, causing him to shout: "You are really f***ed up now. I'm going to kill you."

He then began beating her with his fists.

Police are now said to be investigating whether Chris previously hurt Rihanna.

Officers are also allegedly looking into whether Chris caused Rihanna's scratched cornea - which forced her to wear an eye patch - last year.

A police source said: "We're investigating if her eye injury could have been caused by Brown.

"There could be an innocent explanation - but police believe Rihanna has previously refused to make a complaint against Brown. She is now being asked about her previous injuries and is beginning to open up about incidents in their relationship."

A Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) source added: "We're talking to her friends and management, who say she's appeared with mysterious marks or injuries before, but always refused to explained what happened."

Chris Brown's cousin has spoken out in support of the star, insisting he must have been "provoked" into the alleged attack.

Phylicia Thompson said: "Chris was not brought up to beat on a woman. So it had to be something to provoke him for Chris to do it. He wouldn't have done it just to be having fun...But what happens behind closed doors, nobody ever knows.

"He might feel down right now because his fans are looking down on him, like he's done something wrong. Of course, yes, he's done something wrong because he put his hands on her, but like I said, you don't know what happened."

(C) BANG Media International

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/35/20090213/ten-rihanna-s-ongoing-abusive-relationsh-764dee7.html

apparently that wasnt the first time he beat her up. :puke:

out of curiosity are u a woman ? because if u are then i am shocked.

No, I'm a guy and I fail to see what it really matters.

i have noticed that u and some other ppl here and everywhere are talking about rihanna like some dumb celeb who had this coming and deserved what she got.
I have no idea where you got that. Please quote me where I said ANYTHING even remotely like that.

we are not talkin g about a performance here or a music video or a song we are talking about a serious woman-beating by a man. i dont see rihanna as an artist in this case i see her as a woman who was beaten by her boyfriend and i see chris as a woman beater. this isnt about celebs this is about an abuser and a victim.everybody does dumb stuff not just celebs but thats not the case here. this is a case of abuse between two ppl not two artists since it didnt happen onstage during a concert but it happened in the real world in the real life.
And I see it as a story that we don't know all the facts, and I usually hold judgement until the facts come out.

how would u like it if ur sister or mother or daughter was in rihannas place ? how would it make u feel ? so stop looking rihanna as a celebrity figure for a sec and look at her as a human being who was physically hurt and emotionally traumatized for life after what she went through. shame on all the ppl that take chris browns side on this one.
I'd hate for my mother or any woman to be abused. Likewise, I don't think a woman should put her hands on a man simply because he won't hit her back. Whatever happened in this story (which we don't truly know what happened) is unfortunate because someone was at fault. The thing is not to pass judgement until we know who was at fault and why.

and to answer ur other question. YES chris is obligated to state his story to the general public since hes being accused of a serious crime and hes a public figure. many ppl idolize him and follow his example.
I don't think being a celebrity obligates one to disclose personal matters in all cases. So we'll have to agree to disagree there.

wow..........

Roxanne, can you ever explain your posts instead of just posting stuff like Wow? I just posted a reasonable question, and searching for a reasonable answer, cause I seriously don't see why the man's music should be avoided if he is a "woman-beater" ? People don't listen to Michael because he was accused of we know what. Do you think that it is fair?

Back