Blanket's Birthday...[Donation button added on Post #13]

Is there a pic, what are they like? The shoe is more expensive from there for some reason.. and it says it will be delivered via FEDEX..

Overnight Delivery = $29.99
2nd Day Air = $21.99
Ground = $12.99

This Product will be sent Via FedEx. You may choose, overnight, 2nd day, or ground shipping

I thought we didn't want that?

Mind you so does ftd.

Delivery by FedEx® or UPS® is available on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday using Standard, 2-Day, Next-Day or Saturday service for orders placed by 2p.m. Eastern Time to the continental United States. The delivery date will depend upon the shipping method available.

To ensure delivery on a specific date, please select Next-Day Delivery. Items shipped Standard or 2-Day Delivery arrive on or before the selected delivery date. During peak holiday periods, cut off times for placing orders may vary

I don't know what to suggest :/

...but if the other option of candy shoe and balloons is not much different from $138 then we might as well get those spiderman ones..though the delivery charge was a bit of a shock.

I don't know.. and nobody else is here..where are they all?

:scratch:helllooo....[echooo] :ph34r:

:ermm:

:bored:

:timer:

:blink:

Where is everyone tonight? Its decision day.

Last edited:
Okay, there's a bit of a conflict on what to get. So, I need to at least have a FINAL choice by tomorrow morning. I ask, please, can we stick to Pay Pal only, it would be much easier on my part, and that way we don't have to have someone use their credit card. Also, remember, we are trying to keep the amount the same for Blanket as we had for Prince which was around $170.

Is it ok to use fedex? I thought that was considered a problem before? I hope its not.
I don't mind using my card if thats what we need to do.
I don't know where everyone is tonight..

Is it ok to use fedex? I thought that was considered a problem before? I hope its not.
I don't mind using my card if thats what we need to do.
I don't know where everyone is tonight..

Last time I made an arraignment with the company to have the candy bouquet shipped (Via UPS) to the local flower shop that Fromyouflowers uses. That way the candy bouquet was taken out of the box and the flowers, balloons and candy were delivered together.

Ok, so for Blanket its the Candy Shoe and Balloons of some kind...and possibly a teddy?

Ok, so for Blanket its the Candy Shoe and Balloons of some kind...and possibly a teddy?

This is where, I'm stuck. We need to have it delivered. I'm sorry, but paying $70 for 10 balloons, is just too much. They were awesome balloons, but that is a lot of money. I'm just putting this out there, IF we order the truck flowers, we could have that delivered and I could call the flower shop and have the Candy Shoe shipped there like I did with Prince's Skittles Bucket. I was worried that if we had it shipped to the house they wouldn't accept it. But with if the flower people brought both the candy and the flowers, it would seem more legit.

And I think adding a bear would be really cute, like someone mentioned earlier that Blanket told Carrie Fisher all he wanted for Christmas was a stuffed animal. I think it's an extra $5.

This is where, I'm stuck. We need to have it delivered. I'm sorry, but paying $70 for 10 balloons, is just too much. They were awesome balloons, but that is a lot of money.

It is a lot of money I just saw $49 thought it was similar to the price payed for flowers and didn't expect shipping to be so much.

In my last post I didn't necessarily mean those balloons, thats why I said balloons of some kind. There were some on the FTD site.

And I think adding a bear would be really cute, like someone mentioned earlier that Blanket told Carrie Fisher all he wanted for Christmas was a stuffed animal. I think it's an extra $5.

Aww :)

Ok, here are the pics, although they are small (from fromyouflowers)

mylar.jpg
and
latex.jpg

Mylar and Larex balloons (up to 5 balloons each type) Mylar balloons $5 each, latex balloons $3 each.

A teddy bear is based on size (small is $15, medium is $20 and large is $25)
bear.jpg

If we could sacrifice the spider man balloons, we could buy the teddy bear along with balloons and maybe chocolate from this website

http://www.gifttree.com/v3/Balloon_Bouquets-1.html

By the way delivery is free and it is as soon as tomorrow, they also can deliver it on saturday and sunday. we can order the shoe bucket early and ask them to deliver that to this place so they could deliver all the gifts together for free on saturday or sunday. Please check out the website. They accept the paypal too.:)
6464j.jpg
6468e.jpg
6458e.jpg

These are some of the choices and we can add chocolate and bear to all of them.you may can find some thing better in that website. can we buy the spider man legos from amazon and add it our gift?so we could have spider man too.

Last edited:
here is another website if we want the spiderman balloons as a part of our gift they also can add teddy bear but they charge $9.95 +cost of fuel for delivery.we should call them and ask how much they will totally charge for delivery.
dozenmylars.jpg

here is the website: http://www.birthday-balloons.com/ the problem is they wont accept paypal.

I am nervous. Seems like we can't agree on a gift. We should do it fast, because the deadline is approaching...

I vote for a candy shoe, a truck with flowers plus balloons and probably a bear from www.fromyouflowers.com where we have a discount.

The cost is: $44.99 (the shoe) + $56.99 (the truck deluxe) + $25 (5 happy birthday balloons) + $20 (a medium size bear) = $146.98 MINUS 15% discount = $124.93

I don't know the delivery cost. Depending on the delivery cost we can order a large bear ($25) or more balloons.

What do you think?

ok has it been decided yet?

i think we should send the shoe that's for sure everybody agrees on that one. i am against the flowers and if the balloons are to expensive then also against the balloons i am for the spiderman basket i think an 8 year old kid wants something that lasts and he can play with the spiderman balloons look great but i am sure he will have a lot of balloons and birthday decoration so if we can order the basket for approx the same ammount as the balloons then i am for the basket/toys.

I agree, flowers won't mean much to an 8 year old. The shoe is popular with everyone so lets go with that and if he has said he'd like a stuffed toy, then the bear is perfect.

So if we have the shoe and a teddy bear (are they from the same company so it's not a problem?) do we add also balloons?

I agree we should go with the candy shoe and teddy bear :). The shoe looks so cute. I can only imagine Blankets delight when he gets this present on his birthday :)

You can call the shots ElleBella, I'm ok with whatever you decide. The candy shoe and teddybear sounds just fine. :)

Btw., I remember you mentioning that you sent an email to everyone who donated money for these presents. I've donated to both Prince's and Blanket's gifts, but received no emails.. :scratch:

You can call the shots ElleBella, I'm ok with whatever you decide. The candy shoe and teddybear sounds just fine. :)

Btw., I remember you mentioning that you sent an email to everyone who donated money for these presents. I've donated to both Prince's and Blanket's gifts, but received no emails.. :scratch:
I didn't receive a mail either?

But I agree you decide Ellebella :)

Guys, can you let me know where you have sent Prince's package to?

I just talked to Raffles van Exel, he can find out if the package has arrived, but did you sent it to Hayvenhurst? They might not be accepting packages anymore, he said. (I've posted this in the thread about Prince too, but maybe you see it earlier here.)

Let me know! :)

Okay everyone. I had to place the order today. I ended up ordering from FTD.
We bought,
The birthday in bloom shoe (it says happy birthday, not get well soon)
http://www.ftd.com/best-sellers-pcg...et/product-gourmetfoodgifts-bestsellers/3ct7/
A big Happy Birthday Balloon bouquet
http://www.ftd.com/best-sellers-pcg...product-gourmetfoodgifts-bestsellers/eo-6033/
As well as a Teddy Bear and a Birthday card (the card says "Happy Birthday Blanket! Love MJJCommunity Board Members")
All together we spent
$184, we went a bit out of budget but, it's something we all ended up agreeing on in the end.
It will be delivered Friday!

Back