Big Australian TV Alert: Rage: Michael Jackson

4:30am
MICHAEL JACKSON Stranger In Moscow (Sony)
3T featuring MICHAEL JACKSON Why (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON Blood On The Dance Floor (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON Ghosts (Warner)
MICHAEL JACKSON You Rock My World (Sony)

5:00am
hmm.. if that's all happening in that halfhour block... then they can't be showing the full length version of Ghosts :scratch: they must be just showing the "Ghosts" song part. Which will be a shame :(

I've set this to record :girl_happy: Might pull an all nighter to enjoy the whole thing but i'll wait an see how I feel

anyone watch the 1-hour preview on abc2? it was pretty good though i hadnt seen the version of smooth criminal they aired. likewise they showed the street version of they dont care about us. also thriller was edited. but it was a nice special and when michael sang ben awww what a moment - love that song! hoping i will be awake tonight to watch the michael-marathon.

I watched the 10:00 preview, not the 5pm one. Did they show the speeded-up version of Smooth Criminal?

hi, yes the speeded up version. i wish they would have shown the other version but maybe they will tonight.

I watched the 10:00 preview, not the 5pm one. Did they show the speeded-up version of Smooth Criminal?

I hate that version. It's on my number ones dvd.. I never understood why they did that. They could have just edited it down instead :smilerolleyes:

i dont like the speeded up version either. the camera jerking around and the editing - eeugh! (is that a word!?) makes the head dizzy after awhile.

Can someone record this for me?

Of course I have all the videos from the official DVD's but there's about 20 videos there that arent't available, plus the interviews.

I agree with you guys. When the Number Ones DVD first came out, my friend bought it mainly for the 'Smooth Criminal' video...and was disappointed to find it wasn't the proper version. Gosh...why did they ever waste time and effort doing that anyway? Simply to shorten it? Eeesh...

Yes, the dreaded video edit! Throughout time the edit has destroyed some videos. I remember when Countdown edited Thriller for its premiere - they cut out so much and had the voiceover saying we cant show this and we show that. Sheesh! I hope the videos tonight will be full length. I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to watch it all as I have to look after a friend tonight but hopefully I'll be able to record at least 2 hours I hope. I'm gonna concentrate on the Thriller/Bad era mainly cause I really like that period and I havent seen the full version of Bad before. I've read about it but I'm pretty sure I never saw it.

Yes, the dreaded video edit! Throughout time the edit has destroyed some videos. I remember when Countdown edited Thriller for its premiere - they cut out so much and had the voiceover saying we cant show this and we show that. Sheesh! I hope the videos tonight will be full length. I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to watch it all as I have to look after a friend tonight but hopefully I'll be able to record at least 2 hours I hope. I'm gonna concentrate on the Thriller/Bad era mainly cause I really like that period and I havent seen the full version of Bad before. I've read about it but I'm pretty sure I never saw it.
You haven't?? Michael's acting in that video, in my opinion, is probably the best he has done. I'm getting excited for you now! :lol:

Yeah, I've only ever read about it - actually I think it was the old No.1 magazine from the UK when they did a preview of the videoclip and showed behind the scenes. So all these years I've been waiting - kinda nice too - cause it means I have something to look forward to. Plus I'm really looking forward to the live clip for Another Part Of Me. Love that song. I'm also looking forward to the Rockwell Somebody's Watching Me - I remember its pretty basic clip but I love that song. Very funky. I'm pretty sure I havent seen some of the Molly Meldrum interviews too so that will be bittersweet as I read Molly interviewed Michael more times than just about anyone else on the planet.

I don't mind if they cut out the acting bits, as long as the actual singing/dancing parts are intact.. like they normally do with Remember the time. But that fast forwarded smooth criminal version is just ridiculous!

You should definately see the full Bad video. I'm not too crazy about the beginning (major/minor :bugeyed), but the ending's pretty cool.

"YOU'RE DOING WRONG! YOU'RE DOING WROOONG!"

^^^ Hey, the beginning is pretty awesome. :yes: It's the only time we'll ever hear Michael say anything like, "Gimme a quata." :lol:

Molly Meldrum annoys me nowadays - his stupid theory of Michael watching "only white shows" on TV in the 70s and thinking it was the only way to make it big. I guess he forgot the fact that the Jacksons had their own cartoon, appeared as guest stars on shows with Redd Foxx, Flip Wilson and Bill Cosby, etc...and also had their own variety show. Molly needs to stop that story.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to that 1980 interview...
And 'Another Part of Me' is HOT stuff.

OMG!
Im so excited for this tonight, i'm definitely staying up so i can watch the entire thing!
PS: theres a clip for HIstory?

AWW i so wanna watch this

but it too late and i need my sleep. Since i've been sick, i really need my rest...im totally spewing

Yeah, I think Molly annoys many people. I remember years ago I watched a friend's videotape of an interview he gave on a television show and he was talking about interviewing the various celebrities and it was funny because he's had fights with just about everyone - Madonna slapped him in the face twice, Elton (John) slapped him. Rod Stewart and other celebrities were positively done in by him, cause he rambles when he interviews people and often the celebrities are like ????! What? And I remember watching his interview on Countdown with Prince Charles and he was so nervous and all over the place. But when it comes to Australian interviewers hes the one the stars usually want to talk to.

OMG!
Im so excited for this tonight, i'm definitely staying up so i can watch the entire thing!
PS: theres a clip for HIstory?
The remix version of History is what they're going to show, I think. :)

Molly got slapped by madonna..that funny :toofunny:

Will any of you guys be able to upload it here?

im not sure of the second time but the first he said was back in 85 as he asked her something personal about her marriage to sean penn and she was really ****** and slapped him hard in the face. somehow i dont think many people were really surprised. madonnas has been known for her explosive temper more than once. i remember when she did blond ambition in london and it was being aired on radio. she was warned not to swear and so what did she do? bloody let rip with the f's and s's and omg it was enough to make you blue in the face.

i cant upload and i wont be recording it all anyways. staying up all night is nearly impossible for me cause i didnt sleep much last night so by around 2 or 3am ill either be dancing in my pyjamas doing the thriller dance or sound asleep on the sofa (which is likely the more probably of the two). but i have read on this thread that other fans are recording it all and ive seen some say they will be uploading it. i can almost guarantee some aussie seller will likely sell it on ebay too (if only because just about everything in the universe ends up there sooner or later). just a few weeks ago there was a seller on there who sold the last one back in the 90s for something like a hundred dollars. ebay didnt even pull the sale which i was surprised by because it was obviously a homemade dvd they were selling.

likewise im sure some aussies will do torrents for the marathon. other members on here have said they are recording it all either on the IQ or tv card.

some tips - if youre going to fall asleep set the dvd recorder or vhs recorder to record in lp (if youre not fussy about video quality) that way you can record the entire thing. if you have one of those IQ devices from Foxtel, just set the time you want it to record and save.

likewise if youre recording on dvd recorder (in two hour mode for DVD quality) try and initialize the discs prior to putting them in the recorder, that way it can save precious seconds or in some cases minutes depending on how fast your dvd recorder initializes discs

also if youre lucky to have one of those dvd recorders with harddrive just set the timer and you can record the whole thing.

im not sure of the second time but the first he said was back in 85 as he asked her something personal about her marriage to sean penn and she was really ****** and slapped him hard in the face. somehow i dont think many people were really surprised. madonnas has been known for her explosive temper more than once. i remember when she did blond ambition in london and it was being aired on radio. she was warned not to swear and so what did she do? bloody let rip with the f's and s's and omg it was enough to make you blue in the face.

LOL!!!! never thought id day this but..GO MADONNA!

Enough sleep to last all night? Tick.
Comfy armchair in front of tv? Tick.
Two warm blankets? Tick.
Bag of chips? Tick.

I'm ready!

Back