Big Australian TV Alert: Rage: Michael Jackson

I gotta keep remembering this cause I can't set it to record until tomorrow :lol: and I just know I'mma forget

lj, just keep saying to youself "set record tomorrow...set record tommorow"
say it about 1 milliion times, If that doesnt work write it in your bedroom walls...that should do the trick! If that doesnt, i dont know what else would! :p

IQ is a device some Foxtel subscribers use. Its basically a Harddrive storage device that you can record to instead of recording to dvd disc. I bet this will be on ebay too - because about 2 weeks ago I saw a seller on there selling one of the old Michael Jackson rage specials for something like $100 and there will be so many people recording this special. I'm expecting that it will go all night and contain every single music video as well as some Countdown interviews/footage. Me? I'll be recording to dvd disc in sp mode (which is 2 hours per disc) so in between changing discs I'll miss some songs but I think its better than recording it to vhs because the quality would be much worse on vhs and i dont use my vhs much anymore.
Is that something that comes with the Foxtel unit or is seperate? Just wondering because we have Foxtel. Otherwise it's the old VHS for me and a lot of coffee to see just how long I can stay up enjoying it! :D

Hi, its good to talk with fellow Aussie fans! My understanding about the IQ is that it comes with all new subscribers but for existing subscribers you have to upgrade and that costs a bit more. Theres also an IQ2 just to confuse matters a little (its like the IQ gave birth!) but basically the difference between the original IQ and the new IQ2 is that the IQ2 has a bigger harddrive capacity. I bought a DVD recorder from Aldi supermarket for $79 a few weeks ago so thats what I will be recording on. They had two different DVD recorders at Aldi, one for $99 (this is the one I bought but it was the store model so I got it for $79) and a DVD recorder with harddrive for $230. Also some of the clips will be broadcast in widescreen so its best to ensure youve got youre tv set to Widescreen for the Rage marathon. The full setlist will be up on Rage website next weekend (probably Thursday or Friday) so that way we can see what songs and clips are coming up and in what order. For VHS recorders, you could buy 2 3 hr tapes and that should ensure you've got the entire marathon if it goes all night like most people are expecting. Or do a 3hr in Long Play format.

Re: Australian fans : MJ Special on Rage Aug 1st

haha, i'd totally record if i had the right equipment but im definitely going to stay up for this! Might get a bit emotional though :(

I know someone with a hard drive dvd recorder and I'll be putting him to work like I did for the memorial and concert in New york. If anyone wants a copy I'll gladly burn one for you, just msg me.

whoever wants one and trusts a random stranger with their address to recieve the copy. *insert Vincent price laugh...muuuhahaha*

this is gonna be great :D thanks for the info coz i wouldn't have known about it otherwise. i wanna record it too but im not sure if i'll be able to. hope someone manages to. im glad its rage and not video hits :D

It's a good thing I'm a regular insomniac, I won't have any trouble staying up all night for this. :D

Rage have been great! Its a shame its a channel that is one of the least popular who gives Michael the respect and credit he deserves. Yet big channels such as nine were the worst airing docs such as "What Really Happened" which I still haven't complained about but I will this week for sure!

Ok I've requested he records it for me on the dvd recorder thing, so I've got that sorted, but no idea how I would then post it up for you guys. :s Any nerds?

rage marathon starts this saturday. there will be 1-hour preview on both abc1 and abc2 and then the marathon kicks off 11:45pm and looks to run all night to 6am. phew!

Saturday August 1st, rage brings you a very special night of programming when it pays tribute to the undisputed ‘King Of Pop’, Michael Jackson. rage has trawled through its archives and dug out music videos, interview footage and more spanning over 40 years of Michael Jackson’s prolific career.

We’re playing rare footage of Jackson performing his earliest hits such as ‘Rockin’ Robin’ and ‘Ben’, which was originally aired on the ABC’s seminal music program GTK, in 1972. Watch as The Jackson’s arrive at Sydney airport in for their first tour of Australia. Also see interview footage with the Jackson family from the 1970s, plus we will play all your favourite clips from the fabulous five that will make you want to boogie in your lounge room!

When it comes to music, Michael Jackson owned the 80s. He was determined not to make an impact just on the charts but also in the world of music videos. High budget, epic clips were MJ’s signature and rage will make sure you get to see his clips in all their cinematic glory. You may think you have seen the clip for ‘Bad’...but did you know it goes for 16 minutes and was directed by Martin Scorsese? And make sure you have your pen and paper to name over 30 celebrities who cameo in his clip for ‘Liberian Girl.’

Of course it wouldn’t be a Michael Jackson special without playing his 1984 classic ‘Thriller’. Step back in time as we play you footage from ABC’s Countdown, where Molly Meldrum celebrated the release of the Thriller clip by donning ghoulish zombie make-up. In his role as the host of Countdown, Molly Meldrum also interviewed Jackson several times over his career, we will be playing some of those interviews.

When Michael Jackson wasn’t making hit songs or epic videos he was penning songs to help raise money for famine relief in Africa, rage will be playing 45 artist strong clip for “We Are The World.” We will also showing clips featuring his collaborations with celebrities throughout the 90s- watch him ‘Jam’ with Michael Jordan, vie for the affection of Eddie Murphy’s wife in ancient Egypt, rap with Macaulay Culkin, ‘Scream’ with his sister Janet in outer space and so much more.

Expect to be tired on Sunday, because this special will keep you up all night- as we pay tribute to the career of Michael Jackson in a way that only rage can...no interruptions, only full length clips, archive rarities and much more.

Tune in for an hour long preview of the special starting at 10am Saturday 1st of August. Repeat screening at 5pm on ABC2. Then count down the hours until the full tribute starts at 11:45pm on Saturday night, ABC1.

The full playlist for the special will be posted on the rage web site Friday 31st July.

Oh my goodness...this sounds like what I've been wanting to air for a long time now. Hope it comes to the US. :D

someone plzzzzz record and upload!!! they never show any good rare mj stuff in the states anymore

Saturday August 1st, rage brings you a very special night of programming when it pays tribute to the undisputed ‘King Of Pop’, Michael Jackson. rage has trawled through its archives and dug out music videos, interview footage and more spanning over 40 years of Michael Jackson’s prolific career.

We’re playing rare footage of Jackson performing his earliest hits such as ‘Rockin’ Robin’ and ‘Ben’, which was originally aired on the ABC’s seminal music program GTK, in 1972. Watch as The Jackson’s arrive at Sydney airport in for their first tour of Australia. Also see interview footage with the Jackson family from the 1970s, plus we will play all your favourite clips from the fabulous five that will make you want to boogie in your lounge room!

When it comes to music, Michael Jackson owned the 80s. He was determined not to make an impact just on the charts but also in the world of music videos. High budget, epic clips were MJ’s signature and rage will make sure you get to see his clips in all their cinematic glory. You may think you have seen the clip for ‘Bad’...but did you know it goes for 16 minutes and was directed by Martin Scorsese? And make sure you have your pen and paper to name over 30 celebrities who cameo in his clip for ‘Liberian Girl.’

Of course it wouldn’t be a Michael Jackson special without playing his 1984 classic ‘Thriller’. Step back in time as we play you footage from ABC’s Countdown, where Molly Meldrum celebrated the release of the Thriller clip by donning ghoulish zombie make-up. In his role as the host of Countdown, Molly Meldrum also interviewed Jackson several times over his career, we will be playing some of those interviews.

When Michael Jackson wasn’t making hit songs or epic videos he was penning songs to help raise money for famine relief in Africa, rage will be playing 45 artist strong clip for “We Are The World.” We will also showing clips featuring his collaborations with celebrities throughout the 90s- watch him ‘Jam’ with Michael Jordan, vie for the affection of Eddie Murphy’s wife in ancient Egypt, rap with Macaulay Culkin, ‘Scream’ with his sister Janet in outer space and so much more.

Expect to be tired on Sunday, because this special will keep you up all night- as we pay tribute to the career of Michael Jackson in a way that only rage can...no interruptions, only full length clips, archive rarities and much more.

Tune in for an hour long preview of the special starting at 10am Saturday 1st of August. Repeat screening at 5pm on ABC2. Then count down the hours until the full tribute starts at 11:45pm on Saturday night, ABC1.

The full playlist for the special will be posted on the rage web site Friday 31st July.
Wow! They sure know how to get us excited! :D

Thanks for posting this, krism!

Rage has put the playlist up and they're showing every short film Michael ever made. Bloody awesome, we're gonna see short films like You Rock My World, Why and Ghosts in HD!! :punk: Thank you, Rage!

Just checked the playlist, theres really not that much there we havent already seen before anyway. For example - The 1974 Australian interview is only with Randy Jackson. Bummer :(

Here is the playlist:
11:45pm
THE JACKSON 5 I Want You Back (Motown)
THE JACKSON 5 I Wonder Who's Loving Her Now (Motown)
THE JACKSON 5 The Love You Save (Motown)
JACKSON 5 ABC (Universal)
MICHAEL JACKSON Ben (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON Rockin' Robin (Universal)

12:00am
JACKSON 5 - 1974 Interview with Randy Jackson (ABC)
THE JACKSONS Blame It On The Boogie (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON - 1977 Countdown Interview With Molly Meldrum (ABC)
MICHAEL JACKSON Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (Sony)
COUNTDOWN - 23rd March 1980 Molly Meldrum interviews Michael Jackson followed by Rock With You (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON Off The Wall (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON She's Out Of My Life (Sony)
THE JACKSONS Can You Feel It (Sony)

12:30am
MICHAEL JACKSON One Day In Your Life (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON Billie Jean (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON Beat It (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (Sony)
PAUL McCARTNEY & MICHAEL JACKSON Say Say Say (EMI)

1:00am
MOLLY MELDRUM on COUNTDOWN - 11th December 1983 Australian Premiere of 'Thriller' (ABC)
MICHAEL JACKSON Thriller (Sony)
COUNTDOWN - 2nd September 1984 Thriller Dance Competition (Rage)
ROCKWELL Somebody's Watching Me (Motown)
THE JACKSONS Torture (Motown)
THE JACKSONS Body (Motown)

1:30am
MOLLY MELDRUM on COUNTDOWN - 3rd June 1984 'Humdrum' from L.A. (ABC)
USA FOR AFRICA We Are The World (Sony)
DIANA ROSS Eaten Alive (Independent)
MICHAEL JACKSON Bad (Sony)

2:00am
MICHAEL JACKSON - Live Human Nature/Heartbreak Hotel (Sony)
COUNTDOWN - 29th March 1987 Molly Meldrum (ABC)
MICHAEL JACKSON The Way You Make Me Feel (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON Man In The Mirror (Epic)
MICHAEL JACKSON Dirty Diana (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON Another Part Of Me (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON Smooth Criminal (Sony)

2:30am
THE JACKSONS 2300 Jackson St (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON Leave Me Alone (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON Liberian Girl (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON Black Or White (Sony)

3:00am
MICHAEL JACKSON Remember The Time (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON In The Closet (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON Who Is It (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON featuring HEAVY D Jam (Sony)

3:30am
MICHAEL JACKSON Heal The World (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON Give In To Me (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON Will You Be There (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON Gone Too Soon (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON History (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON Dangerous TV Special History of Michael Jackson (Sony)

4:00am
MICHAEL JACKSON Scream (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON Childhood (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON You Are Not Alone (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON Earth Song (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON They Don't Care About Us (Sony)

4:30am
MICHAEL JACKSON Stranger In Moscow (Sony)
3T featuring MICHAEL JACKSON Why (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON Blood On The Dance Floor (Sony)
MICHAEL JACKSON Ghosts (Warner)
MICHAEL JACKSON You Rock My World (Sony)

5:00am
MICHAEL JACKSON Cry (You Can Change The World) (Sony)
MARIAH CAREY - Live I'll Be There (Sony)
WEIRD AL YANKOVIC Eat It (Mercury)
WEIRD AL YANKOVIC Fat (Mercury)
FALL OUT BOY Beat It (Universal)
ALIEN ANT FARM Smooth Criminal (Universal)

I am interested to see the Australian Premiere of 'Thriller':D, the "live" footage of Human Nature/This Place Hotel :wub:

Ooh - thanks! :D
I didn't know Molly interviewed Michael in 1980...

WOW:flowers:!!! AMAZING:woohoo:!!! GREAT GOING RAGE:clap:!!!MICHAEL JACKSON IS ALIVE FOREVER!!! HE IS HERE-POWERFUL, GLORIOUS, VICTORIOUS!!!AND HE'S THERE-REJOICING WITH THE ANGELS IN THE LIGHT:flowers:!!!HE IS IN OUR HEARTS FOREVER!!!THE KING OF POP IS EVERYWHERE!!!YES:jump:!!!

Sorry for the silly question but is ABC/rage a big TV station in Australia?

rage is one of the biggest music programs in australian history. has been running for several decades and airs on abc tv. they generally highlight different musical artists each year from abba to michael jackson to madonna. generally when they spotlight an artist they air most of their music videos in chronological order and without interruptions. they used to do a top 50 countdown but that moved to paytv and now airs on channel v (one of the paytv music channels in australia)

rage is one of the biggest music programs in australian history. has been running for several decades and airs on abc tv. they generally highlight different musical artists each year from abba to michael jackson to madonna. generally when they spotlight an artist they air most of their music videos in chronological order and without interruptions. they used to do a top 50 countdown but that moved to paytv and now airs on channel v (one of the paytv music channels in australia)

Thank You.

Back