Better overall Career Janet Jackson or Madonna?

Oh come on... are you serious? Really? This isn't about who you're a fan of. It's about common sense.

WTF are you talking about? :mello:

Now you know Madonna is talented lol...and that's no shade.

2qk14if.gif

Oh Travis, you should really consider reading the whole thread before posting it could help a lot. ;)

There is a lot I could say to put you in your place but I won't. I have class. However, your biased and nasty demeanor when it comes to Janet needs to chill. You need to step outside of yourself and see what everyone else sees. It ain't pretty. You go overboard and make yourself look silly in the process. Yes, we get it, you love Janet and will defend her to the end of time. Awesome! Even so, you shouldn't disconnect yourself from reality. I appreciate both artists for who and what they are. I'm not going to put down either one. This is about who has had the better career and while both have had wonderful ones, few can compare to Madonna. And yes, she is talented (you gotta have talent to be in the game for 3 decades). And yes, she is more successful than Janet (whether you like it or not).

There is a lot I could say to put you in your place but I won't. I have class. However, you're biased and nasty demeanor when it comes to Janet needs to chill. You go overboard and make yourself look silly in the process. Yes, we get it, you love Janet and will defend her to the end of time. Awesome! Even so, you shouldn't disconnect yourself from reality. I appreciate both artists for who and what they are. I'm not going to put down either one. This is about who has had the better career and while both have had wonderful ones, few can compare to Madonna. And yes, she is talented (you gotta have talent to be in the game for 3 decades). And yes, she is more successful than Janet (whether you like it or not).

No, she's not talented and I never said she wasn't more successful. My first post clearly states how obvious it was that she is. Maybe, you're just sensitive to what I have to say. Oh put me in my place LOL! I wanna see this.

Janet is more talented than Madonna, but not more successful..I hate to say it since I am not a big Madonna fan, but she has had more impact in her career than Janet has..

yes your right, lol back to the original topic...sorry!

You can say that about anything. You can't prove there is not a tooth fairy, lol. When Berry Gordy ran Motown, he always told his acts they sold less than they really did so they didn't have to pay them as much. Motown also didn't report sales to the RIAA until stuff released after around 1984 or 85. When James Brown was signed to King, they did the same thing. Some other labels during that period bought thousands of their own records to spike the charts. Then there's that debate about the Eagles' Their Greatest Hits (1971-1975) album. Some sales aren't counted, like those from record clubs, cut outs, mom & pop stores, stolen albums, or ones that are broken in shipment. Soundscan isn't foolproof either, and it only came about in the 90s. So record companies have no idea how much something has sold, and just put out numbers for PR reasons.

LOL Yall both brought good arguements... clearly alot of people in here dont know what there talking about.

No, she's not talented and I never said she wasn't more successful. My first post clearly states how obvious it was that she is. Maybe, you're just sensitive to what I have to say. Oh put me in my place LOL! I wanna see this.

Thanks for making my point about that whole reality thing. :)

Hey ya'll I'm back...had to take care of some ish...anyway back to the disscussion.

You guy's went through em' huh (pages I mean)

Anyway...anybody who is LOLing at the idea of people thinking Madonna is talented and then turns around and calls themselves a Janet fan needs to sit the hell down. Really...What can Janet do BETTER then Madonna except dance? Lol? The chick's voice is not much to be desired, she's a medicore song writter (that is when she's not "sharing" writting credits with 3 to 4 different people), and her acting isn't exactly winning her any Oscar buzz. Lol please!

Btw...those Janet gifs are cuuuttteee, her facial expressions are tooo funny.

Last edited:
Hey ya'll I'm back...had to take care of some ish...anyway back to the disscussion.

Anyway...anybody who is LOLing at the idea of people thinking Madonna is talented and then turns around and calls themselves a Janet fan needs to sit the hell down. Really...What can Janet do BETTER then Madonna except dance? Lol? The chick's voice is not much to be desired, she's a medicore song writter (that is when she's not "sharing" writting credits with 3 to 4 different people), and her acting isn't exactly winning her any Oscar buzz. Lol please!

THANK YOU! I'm so happy someone else gets it.:clapping:

Also, you're right about the gifs. Very cute!

Girl....
She can sing, act and dance. All of which Madonna can't. Simple :)

Girl....

The only thing that is simple is your comprehension. Sorry if that seems harsh and it's really not meant to insult but your lack of comprehension of the concept of opinion is dumbfounding. Truly. :doh:

The only thing that is simple is your comprehension. Sorry if that seems harsh and it's really not meant to insult but your lack of comprehension of the concept of opinion is dumbfounding. Truly. :doh:

Shit, talk about self-contradicting :sigh:

You're obviously offended by my opinion so I suggest you take your own comment, read it and shove it.

Critics agree that Janet has delivered superior screen performances but neither of them has really tackled a variety of roles.

I think Janet is the better dancer but Madonna has had some really exciting routines as well.:)

I like some of Janet's songs and some of Madonna's as well. It's hard to explain why Janet hasn't been as successful as of late.

Because of Janet's lagging of late, I think it's indisputable that at this point Madonna has the better overall career but we'll see what the future holds.

I think ... that everybody (female pop singers) want to be as relevant as Madonna. Madonna, is inspirational on those terms. HOW TO BUILD AND SUSTAIN A CAREER, no matter what.

But JANET, has created a way of PERFORMING. Look at the PINK FUN HOUSE show...it's Janet's Velvet Rope tour. Look at Britney's first tours, it's Janet all over the place. You don't see Madonna in Britney (artistically speaking)...Madonna isn't known for making that much coreographies, ok, we have Vogue...but that's about it. She's something else. Janet has the moves. Stagewise, Janet can't be defeated. She learnt it from MICHAEL, but the thing is that her music was not as good as Michael's. Yes, she has some good tunes...but she doesn't have worldwide known material, she's just Michael's sister, a very talented Michael's sister.

Madonna is the queen of entertainment. She's done it all...you may like it or not...but she's done pretty much everything that can be done, artistically.

Great Post, Very Well said.

Even though out of the TWO, Janet is a tad bit more talented than Madonna, it doesnt mean she is way far from left field when it comes to how much she has impacted the industry musically.
Janet isnt that great of a singer, and she really isnt an innnovative artist. Her acting isnt Oscar worthy either even though she is better than alot of actors and actresses. Her music over the past decade has been garbage so really this whole debate is pointless because Madonna and Janet are in the same category when it comes to talent and how much they have done for the industry.

Great Post, Very Well said.

Even though out of the TWO, Janet is a tad bit more talented than Madonna, it doesnt mean she is way far from left field when it comes to how much she has impacted the industry musically.
Janet isnt that great of a singer, and she really isnt an innnovative artist. Her acting isnt Oscar worthy either even though she is better than alot of actors and actresses. Her music over the past decade has been garbage so really this whole debate is pointless because Madonna and Janet are in the same category when it comes to talent and how much they have done for the industry.

Thanks for your feedback (no Janet pun intended). Very reasonably put. I like it when people can take their fan hat off to have an open and REAL discussion free of blind bias.

Last edited:
My God, Janet beyond is BEAUTIFUL....

Madonna is the queen for sure,
The queen of PR, thats reall good Travis. ;D

I just wanna say that Travis loves Madonna and we should respect him.

Travis, Madonna has a lot of success and she will continue, she knows PR and that will make her keep on, and that is the point of nowadays music business in her case, she does, for the ones who love dance music, good music, and she is, even if is not good enoughfor music lovers, she is considered a female icon.

So Travis keep on loving Madonna cause im sure she will keep on doing hit records cause she does them very well at her level. Hit records do not mean quality of course, but some people loves them, and that is your case, so Travis, Madonna will keep on, and she will keep on gracing you :yes:

Madonna, although Janet can dance to a good pop song. Both really have bad acting, no one really thinks of them as actresses, maybe janet a bit, she acted as a kid..., i rather see Janet movies too. both have great music videos though, i'll tie that. but Madonna is bigger.

I am a bigger fan of Janet Jackson than Madonna. Janet is my 2nd favorite artist behind Michael and Madonna is 3rd. In terms of who had the biggest impact on the music industry and pop culture, it's Madonna. Like some of you have said, she's a hell of an intelligent woman and knows how to market herself. I admire that about her. Janet has had a very successful career and she is very talent, more talented than Madonna, imo, but she hasn't had that massive impact that Madonna had/has.

Back