Barry Gibb & Michael Jackson - "All In Your Name" (2002)

I don't recall anyone saying that it's crap. People are just saying that they don't like it.

cant really judge a song on 20 sec clip. it doesnt give much idea of the full structure of the song.remember back in the days when ppl were raving about hearbreaker based on the bridge. lol

cant really judge a song on 20 sec clip. it doesnt give much idea of the full structure of the song.remember back in the days when ppl were raving about hearbreaker based on the bridge. lol
lol
yes, let's wait.
anyway, it's good to know this is something real to wait for ;)

Elusive

No , thats the problem half or quite a lot of the community that posts these comments are fans registered here from 2009 onwards who some only decided or appeared to jump on the fan badwagon since his passing. Where where all of you when Michael was going through hell??
Elusive we know and can honestly say that we been there for Michael through thick and thin! Thats why it hurts so much to not have that excitement anymore, the rush of getting new material, or even hearing about it, now adays we are spoilt and hear music from Michael in the form or RAW , the way he would of hated if he knew we had .
You must remember everyone Michael Jackson was a total perfectionist, you would never ever of heard these tunes or demo's in this state! So feel blessed that you are!

Terry

Terry, I don't thinks it's very....wise....to judge a person who came on this board in or around '09 that that very date is the day they became a fan or jumped on the bandwagon. Many came here cause they had no one else to talk to in their lives about what was going on.

Keeping this post relevant, I think I already said I loved it! It sounds like an inspirational-type of song. I really wanna know who they're referring to when saying "it's all in your name"!!

Elusive

No , thats the problem half or quite a lot of the community that posts these comments are fans registered here from 2009 onwards who some only decided or appeared to jump on the fan badwagon since his passing. Where where all of you when Michael was going through hell??
Elusive we know and can honestly say that we been there for Michael through thick and thin! Thats why it hurts so much to not have that excitement anymore, the rush of getting new material, or even hearing about it, now adays we are spoilt and hear music from Michael in the form or RAW , the way he would of hated if he knew we had .
You must remember everyone Michael Jackson was a total perfectionist, you would never ever of heard these tunes or demo's in this state! So feel blessed that you are!

Terry

Joining these forums post june 09 doesn't confirm that ppl ain't true fans. I only rejoined the fan community after his death because i needed to be with ppl going through the same thing i was. but before that i stopped being iinvolved as, quite honestly, i got sick of the closemindedness of the majority of mj fans! so closed to other music, or opinions that don't match ur own, that it drove me nuts. and its happening again now. Who cares how or when someone became a fan, and whats it do to with u anyway. All that matters is that they know they are a fan and thats it. Lots of u think i'm wrong for liking Eminem, or for saying that Michael was addicted to drugs, but i don't care, its what i think. We nned to stop all this stupid, pointless, in-house squabbling and get back to being a COMMUNITY" again!

or for saying that Michael was addicted to drugs, but i don't care, its what i think.
sorry but its kinda difficult for ppl to not have such an attitude that u are complaining about when u post such things as above. fans are expected to be educated on mj subjects different to the gen public who dont read and believe whatever the media tell them. have u not read the facts? or are u not intrested in them

No, you're not the only one. MJ sounds good & it's always nice to hear recent vocals but if he wasn't on the song no-one would be going crazy over it.

Having said that, it's only 27 seconds long so may be different in full, but bearing in mind Barry Gibb hasn't made anything except AOR dirge for 30 years I doubt it.

You are right Tony. If Michael wasn't on this snippet, I don't think people would react so positively. I call it magic of Michael Jackson voice. His voice gives the song sparks. Just like STTR, his vocal is what makes that song works.

I don't recall anyone saying that it's crap. People are just saying that they don't like it.

Haven't you learned the unspoken rule by now? You cannot not like anything that carries Michael's name here. :smilerolleyes:

I LOVE Heartbreaker!!! Just love it...

You are right Tony. If Michael wasn't on this snippet, I don't think people would react so positively. I call it magic of Michael Jackson voice. His voice gives the song sparks. Just like STTR, his vocal is what makes that song works.

This is very true....Since it's only 27 secs, I don't get much from the snippet other than Michael's heavenly voice...I find his voice is more melodic than the actual music...And, I think this applies to A LOT of his own music....His voice itself is completely musical....*sigh*

i knew that was coming lol . im not passing judgement just quoting from back in day lol

No, I'm not saying you passed judegement. I'm sorry if it sounded so. I just want to say I really do love the song; even though, many fans dislike it.

Again, I'm not picking on your post. Just can't help to express my love of Heartbreaker whenever the song is brought up. The song moves my feet.

As for All In Your Name, I agree with you it's impossible to know how the whole song will sound like. All I can say now is that Michael sounded beautiful. Absolutely amazing.

No, I'm not saying you passed judegement. I'm sorry if it sounded so. I just want to say I really do love the song; even though, many fans dislike it.
its fine. dont worry. i know u werent passing judgement and your post didnt sound as if u were. i was just joking

Well a lot of fans are saying that they love it. Why can't we say that we don't like it? What's wrong with that? Double standards much...

The same post from Max Jax.

I shall post what I said on your post on Max Jax.

Haha. Did I say you can't hate a MJ song nope. I am just simply saying I don't know how someone can make an opinion on a 20 second snippet.

Beats me.

Exactly, like looking at a piece of food, and you say you hate it, without trying in it. Double standards much..

Don't have time to describe it fully now, but those 27 seconds made me melt, they're full of impact and feeling. ... Feeling grateful right now..

Just hearing his voice just know sent me on a high......don't care if it was just 27 sec. thats all I needed.

And people please stay on topic, no need to derail the thread.

^^^^

???????? ?????? ?????? ???? ??? ? ???????? ??????? ? ???? ??? ?????!

My goodness guys. We miss Michael. Any new snippet of his vocals will send us into floating into a zone of paradise. :wub: Don't know or care what the real song is like in it's entirety at the moment. Just in love with those MJ vocals, which I might add blends perfectly well with Barry's! Yeah, MJ's voice coming in so smooth and perfect (IMO) is truly exhilarating. Don't try to spoil our high :no: ... as if u could :cheeky:

?? ?? ?????????? ?? ??? ??????????????? ?? ???? ??? ?? ????????? ?? ????? ??? ??? ??? ????? ???. ????? ??? ?? ??? ????????!

???????, ??' ???? ?????? ??????? ???! ??? ????? ?? ?????? ??? ??? ??? ?? ?????? ??????? ?? ?? ?????? ? ???????. ?? ?????????; ????? ??? ???? ??? ?????? ?? ????????? ?,?? ???.

???? ?? ???? ????? ? ????? (??? all in your name) ??? ??? ???????? ?????????? ??? ??? ????????????? ??????? ??? ?? ????????? ??? Cascio. ???? ???????, ??? ??? ???? ?? ????????? ??? ?????? ??? ???? ??? ???????? ?? ????? ???

Apologies to the forum, switching back to english!

Last edited:
Wow!! Those little lyrics are wonderful!!! I just hope that it will be released on an upcoming album!!! I really wanna see some unreleased material finally being released!!! ;)

Michael's notes are not always very "true" on this extract but at least it's raw ! We can hope that Barry Gibb will broadcast it without Sony or we will have a remixed music with voice parts that were not on the original.

Back