BAD 25 - Deluxe Collectors Edition /with Buckle Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BAD 25 - Deluxe Collectors Edition

One or two MJ releases a year i can afford ANY time and if have to save up for it i will do it!
But i won't be cheap & complain the whole time.
Buy or don't buy! It's as simple as that, AS ALWAYS!

Excuse me? I'm a cheap 'fan' because I decided to buy the 3CD/DVD edition instead of forking over $200 for a suitcase that includes the exact same thing with the addition of some replicas and landyards and this mysterious 'more' that we know nothing about yet?

You really don't need to be rude about this.

Last edited:

One or two MJ releases a year i can afford ANY time and if have to save up for it i will do it!
But i won't be cheap & complain the whole time.
Buy or don't buy! It's as simple as that, AS ALWAYS!

or complain about everything quality bonus features remixes etc etc

Speakin for myself here...If I'm about to fork out $200 on anything u damn right imma bitch if it isn't what it's all cracked up to be. That is not bein cheap but being concern over the stuff they are tryin to sell me as an MJ fan. And IMO in no way do I think this is worth $200 period! And I still wanna know what the more is exactly...:timer: We are in the 8th day of Sept and it's ridiculous that we still don't know. Would like to see pics of what it will ALL look like inside by now!

Speakin for myself here...If I'm about to fork out $200 on anything u damn right imma bitch if it isn't what it's all cracked up to be. That is not bein cheap but being concern over the stuff they are tryin to sell me as an MJ fan. And IMO in no way do I think this is worth $200 period! And I still wanna know what the more is exactly...:timer: We are in the 8th day of Sept and it's ridiculous that we still don't know. Would like to see pics of what it will ALL look like inside by now!

I totally agree. We ordered the case, but I am seriously having second thought, because 10 days before release we still don't know what "more" is. I ad asked for it as a bday gft, butted, I thought the content woud be known by now. SMDH...such a HUGE fail.

I do want the tour program ...but we are in a recession, $200 for a tour program sounds ridiculous.

I ended up just ordering the 3 CD/1 DVD because they didn't say if there was going to be anything else added in this. I couldn't see paying the extra $150 for a replica program, ticket and lanyard. I went on eBay and bought an original Bad tour program for just $25.

Lets try to break it down _ You can see close ups inside and out of how very well this case is made
http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/store/bad-25th-anniversary/bad-25-deluxe-collectors-edition

100 BAD-themed case (very well made red lining. partitions, HQ stiching, straps, zippers. Buckles-space on top for booklets)
35 deluxe pkg (3CD 1 DVD and all components in deluxe Box set)
25 T-shirt design (not available anywhere else)
25 BAD souvenir package, concert ticket replica, reproduction of 1988 BAD Tour Program, all-access backstage pass & lanyard
15 more ??? (possibly the picture vynal and DBMR single) thats all thats left of products we know of

$ 200

I wouldso love to have that case to hold everything in the BAD collection :wub: I think its worth it but I cant offord it :cry:
so I will get the Deluxe box set and Wallmart spec with 2 CD and T-shirt (just for the T-shirt) aprox $65.00

Lets try to break it down _ You can see close ups inside and out of how very well this case is made
http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/store/bad-25th-anniversary/bad-25-deluxe-collectors-edition

100 BAD-themed case (very well made red lining. partitions, HQ stiching, straps, zippers. Buckles-space on top for booklets)
25 BAD souvenir package, concert ticket replica, reproduction of 1988 BAD Tour Program, all-access backstage pass & lanyard
15 more ??? (possibly the picture vynal and DBMR single) thats all thats left of products we know of

$ 200

I wouldso love to have that case to hold everything in the BAD collection :wub: I think its worth it but I cant offord it :cry:
so I will get the Deluxe box set and Wallmart spec with 2 CD and T-shirt (just for the T-shirt) aprox $65.00

qbee, it still says IMAGE NOT FINAL. That's another thing that worries me. 8 days to go (5 days in Germany & Ireland) why hasn't the website been updated with final image & "more" replaced with all items contained in the case. I fear another Opus-size catastrophe. God help us.

$ 200

Aw I know how you feel, but I think a lot of people are getting the 3CD/DVD pack over this. I love to collect official memorabilia and was initially upset that this can't be bought from where I live, but no longer. USD 200 can get you an original Bad tour t-shirt, concert ticket, programme, backstage pass, etc. which on their own will be worth more than the replicas included in collector's case. So apart from the beautiful case itself, I'm wondering if the stuff inside is worth the asking price?

I consider myself a huge fan but still, i won't buy the case. I honestly don't think it is worth the money and I'm not buying it just because it has MJ's name on it. I bought a bad tour programme, a ticket and a backstage pass for around 30$ altogether on ebay, and they're originals, not replicas! They cant charge this much just because of the case! It is great and all but I think it would be worth it if they added a vinyl or sth else more valuable...

I consider myself a huge fan but still, i won't buy the case. I honestly don't think it is worth the money and I'm not buying it just because it has MJ's name on it. I bought a bad tour programme, a ticket and a backstage pass for around 30$ altogether on ebay, and they're originals, not replicas! They cant charge this much just because of the case! It is great and all but I think it would be worth it if they added a vinyl or sth else more valuable...

yeah..like all the original singles. And blu ray moonwalker. 5 days left and we still don't know what we are getting. REDICULOUSE.

Last edited:

$ 200

If the box is made from leather then maybe $100, but otherwise $25 at the most......especially as it will be most likely be made in China (top quality at low price)!!!!

I wish I could afford it, but in these times it's not possible for me!!!!

qbee, it still says IMAGE NOT FINAL. That's another thing that worries me. 8 days to go (5 days in Germany & Ireland) why hasn't the website been updated with final image & "more" replaced with all items contained in the case. I fear another Opus-size catastrophe. God help us.

this is most likely the final product
8bee937fa85066998e533ee.jpg

Last edited:
Leather case, huh? I don't buy leather products, even if its MJ.

The selling price is usually at least twice the manufacturing cost...I'd be surprised if this was real leather....maybe good quality 'faux-leather' (leather-look vinyl)?

Ive been sending emails to Bravado, the last few weeks. Asking for more information. They told me that we will be getting further information closer to the release, including T shirt design etc. Ive now sent them this email:

Hi. I'm sure that you have been anticipating a reply from me again. Haha. As I'm sure you know, the item is going to be despatched in less than two weeks, and still no images or specific descriptions have been made about the Deluxe Collectors Edition. I my opinion, that is extremely ridiculous. Before people spend anywhere between $199, plus shipping they expect to properly know what it is their paying for. I just want you to know, that this is not an attack on you, rather the way the parties have gone about managing this release. Surely the boxset is still not in pre production if the release date is 8days. I do know of other fellow fans who want to purchase this boxset or have even gone as far as pre ordering it, but have cancelled due to the absolute lack of information regarding this release. I don't blame them either. Again, I really hope you don't think I'm having a go at you, I know that this isn't your fault. So could we please have additional information on the Boxset? Thankyou for your time.

Hopefully they'll do something about it.

I personally dont judge fans by what they can buy or not buy… it's their character, respect, love and dedication I go by. For people who are buying the case… good for you I'm honestly glad you're getting it and hopeful that you share whatever "Extra" things that might be added. I wanted to get the case too but $200? kinda much for anyone really… I still want to get it, maybe they'll cut the amount in half sometime in the future, like they did for the Opus!

I wish I was @ home when my order arrives but I'll have to wait a bit… y'all enjoy it for me… :)

L.o.v.e.
Romi

If they reply and repeat the same thing as before Ill be canceling my Pre Order and get the 3CD/DVD edition.

I'd buy it without hesitation if they made it worth my while. So far, looking at the contents, they haven't.

y'all had 4 months to save lol

We have bills to pay, food to buy, petrol (gas)........

.....other MJ fans have children to feed!!!!

And others (like me) are saving up for other things (house, holiday, future)!!!

But I think the biggest concern amongst fans is that the contents is not enough to justify the price!!!!

In May I preordered the normal 3CD/DVD set, thinking that if alot of great things were announced for the case that justified the price, I would cancel my Amazon order and go for the collectors case. Looks like it just isnt worth it (for me anyways). I am thankful that they are releasing the 3 180gram LP set as well and am getting that along with the other set for 65$ total (35 CD/DVD set, 30 Record Set). To people who are getting this, please let us know what ends up being in there, there's bound to be some surprises.

In May I preordered the normal 3CD/DVD set, thinking that if alot of great things were announced for the case that justified the price, I would cancel my Amazon order and go for the collectors case. Looks like it just isnt worth it (for me anyways). I am thankful that they are releasing the 3 180gram LP set as well and am getting that along with the other set for 65$ total (35 CD/DVD set, 30 Record Set). To people who are getting this, please let us know what ends up being in there, there's bound to be some surprises.

I HOPE there are surprises... It was a big chunk out of my wallet...

Sice I see quite a few people on this forum that have received a shipping conformation from mj.com on their deluxe collector's edition, I was wondering how many orders are still awaiting shipement of the DCE. No news on my order still. Who ordered the leather box but didn't receive a shipping conformation yet? Thnx!

It's out in a few days and we don't know what's in it. Who spends 129.99 on something they don't know what it is?!? Maybe soon we'll all be shocked.. but I can't see it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back