Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones
Kristen Pfaff of Hole
Bryan Ottoson of American Head Charge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club

Bummer.
I will miss her dearly.

1491a2v.jpg

^ She always had his back remember?

Drugs took Amy's light, her soul and gift way before it took her life. This was going to happen. Like Gary Coleman she was in a lot of severe pain both mentally and emotionally. I'm sure Michael is up there with her with open arms. She's in peace now.

1491a2v.jpg

^ She always had his back remember?

Drugs took Amy's light, her soul and gift way before it took her life. This was going to happen. Like Gary Coleman she was in a lot of severe pain both mentally and emotionally. I'm sure Michael is up there with her with open arms. She's in peace now.

Yeah i remember this statement, God bless her now, Rip Amy, you are great

Drugs and alcohol can do bad and it's always difficult to accept you can't handle it for that person self.
I think they need her more upthere than we do.

Rest in peace Amy

I just found out this news half an hour ago, while waiting for my subway to arrive, as I was outside the whole day. Needless to say I'm truly truly shattered, as opposed to many I didn't think it was ''just a mater of time'' with her. Just few days ago I was listening to her songs and watching her videos on YT, and saw new pap pics of her, where she looked better, having been a fan of hers despite of her personal life, it's a real shame that she couldn't be saved. She was an amazing, even an extra ordinary talent, something that's rather rare, if not non existent in ''today's generation'' of stars. I'm deeply saddened and my condolences go to her family and loved ones. Rest in Peace Amy Winehouse, you will be truly missed and remembered. :( :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
This is so sad. I always hoped she'd fight her way back, but I guess she just couldn't. RIP Amy.

Shame that a young talant gone too soon, I never was a fan of Amy. though I think we expected this to happen. May she r.i.p

I hoped this wouldn't happen.

Sad indeed.

Rest In Peace, Amy, and thank you for the music.

27 is far to young to die. She was really messed up and needed extensive help.

Memory eternal.

Lord have mercy.

Tony Bennett calls Winehouse 'extraordinary'

Tony Bennett, 84, was the last person to work with Amy Winehouse before her untimely death at the age of 27.

In a statement to Us Weekly, the legendary singer calls his late friend "an artist of immense proportions. I am deeply saddened to learn of her tragic passing."

"She was an extraordinary musician with a rare intuition as a vocalist and I am truly devastated that her exceptional talent and has come to such an early end," Bennett continues. "She was a lovely and intelligent person and when we recorded together she gave a soulful and extraordinary performance."

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43867472/ns/today-entertainment/

One of her last recorded appearances was on legendary crooner Tony Bennett's forthcoming album, Duets II, due out in September. Winehouse interprets the standard Body And Soul, previously sung by Billie Holiday. A tune dealing with heartbreak and devastation, it will now prove to be Amy's swansong and that in itself is almost too tragic for words...

http://www.mojo4music.com/blog/2011/07/farewell_amy_winehouse.html

Not another one. She died so young. Sorry I'm not a fan of Amy Winehouse, but she will R.I.P.

Amy Winehouse Dead at Age 27

July 23, 2011
By Mike Stringer

Amy Winehouse

Award winning British singer/songwriter Amy Winehouse was today found dead in her London apartment, she was only 27 years of age. Police are treating the cause of death as unexplained.

Winehouse was known for her powerful contralto vocals as well as her eclectic blending of different music genres, which included R&B, Soul and Jazz.

Over the course of her short career, which began in 2003, the young singer has had a troubled private life.

She has had extensive media attention since 2007 relating to mental health issues and alcohol and drug abuse. In 2008, she suffered a series of health complications that threatened not only her life, but her career.

Her first album, Frank (2003) was a huge success in the UK and was nominated for the Mercury Prize. This was followed by the release of her follow up album Back to Black (2006) which lead to six Grammy Award Nominations and five wins, making her the first British singer to win five Grammy’s. In 2007, she won the Brit Award for best British female artist. She had won the Ivor Novello three times, once in 2004, then in 2007 and 2008.

There had been growing fears for the young singer since her disastrous Belgrade concert last month. She was unable to perform on stage due to being under the influence and had to abandon the concert. She was then booed off the stage by fans.

Her mother Janis said in an interview, three years ago she would not have been surprised if her daughter died before her time. She said, “I’ve known for a long time that my daughter has her problems. But seeing it on screen rammed it home. I realise my daughter could be dead within the year. We’re watching her kill herself slowly.”

http://artsandentertainmentplayground.com/2011/07/23/amy-winehouse-dead-at-age-27/

OMG RIP Amy :( She truly was talented and had an amazing voice compared to today's manufactured stars. I guess this was inevitable. I feel so bad for her parents. They tried so hard to help her.

Rest In Peace Amy. My thoughts are with her family and friends at this tragic time.

I dont like the way ppl say "we arent surprised by her death" as amy unfortnately got in way over her head. I say hate the game, not the person.

RIP AMY

I wasn't a fan of hers but still I was saddened and a little shocked to get this news. I was hoping she would overcome whatever problems she was having.

First and foremost-
RIP Amy Whinehouse.........my deepest condolenes to your family, friends and fans........

And second-

The last I heard no one truly knows the cause of death yet right? And look, I am not stupid or naive to what the cause may, may be, but here's the thing, we don't know yet.....

Remember in the days after Michael died how many people in the media and what not said that Michael died of a drug overdose because he was an addict? And what did we as Michael fans say?? Don't jump to that conclusion, we don't know the whole story yet......and we were right....

Shouldn't we show the same respect for Amy (or anyone else) and not jump to a conclusion as to how she died????

Back