Amercian Music Awards 2009 (Live TV Stream)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would have been nice if MJ had won artist of the year, but at least he won something and on top of that, he broke the record tonight for artist with the most AMA's!!!!!! Can't complain about that.

Very happy overall. LOVE U MICHAEL! Ur the best

Michael won fav male R&B, fav male pop/rock, r&b album & rock album. Just not artist of the year. So he got 4 out of his 5.

They seemingly handed out the awards for fav albums during the incessant commercial breaks, off the air. Crazy, huh? So MJ won two others that we didn't witness.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091123...5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNtaWNoYWVsamFja3M-

Thank you. If ABC wasn't charging companies out the wazzoo for the ad times, they could have actually shown more awards.

Taylor Swift might be the artist of this year but Michael is the artist of this century.... =p

AMEN. Actually he is the G.O.A.T=Greatest of all Time. :cheeky:

I am so pissed

AWWW:better:

They prob set it up that way as to so people don't say anything you know? But they still should have given it to him for sooo many reasons and it would have been a honest award.

He was working on stuff so hard for "This Is It". but we know who really won. Still nice of her to shout MJ out :)

Anyone who didn't see JLo fall

33ehly8.jpg

:lmao: :fear:

Yall know That Taylor Swift was going to win Artist of the year. Michael got the rest and I'm happy he won. I said that it was a tribute coming from Dick Clark that Michael won those awards but the last one was going to someone else. I wished that Michael won the last one too but they wasn't going to let it go but so far. I can't wait for the Billboard and The Grammys and The Oscars. I wonder will Janet Open the first 2 shows ?

People got no business being mad, if MJ didn't win that means you didn't vote enough :D

Haha-HAAAH *dead* @ this tweet:
"TAYLOR SWIFT BEAT MICHAEL...!!!! I DEFINITELY THINK BUBBLES SHOULD INTERRUPT THIS CHICK'S SPEECH LIKE KANYE DID...!!!"

I think Taylor is a sweet girl, and I like what she said too. But Michael should have won. Oh well, at least he won the other 4 and broke another record!
I like Adam, but what the heck was that? And was it my imagination or did he keep grinding people's heads in his crotch? I don't know... maybe I'm just tired.

I'm disappointed.
1. Where was the Michael tribute? Isn't this the American Music Awards? Michael is one of the biggest American performers of all time. Where is the respect for this American man, without whom many of the artists mentioned and shown on this awards show wouldn't even be in showbusiness?
2. They didn't show Michael's other wins.

Aaaaaaaaaaaah.

I told you guys to prepare yourselves for an "upset" which was not really an "upset" to begin with. Think about it...She's been selling like CRAZY since BEFORE Michael died and she kept on selling AFTER Michael died despite Mikes sales spike. She has the best selling album of 2009. Think of it this way...it's an award for artist of the YEAR Not of all TIME! lol

SO she is"hot" right now right?

I think Taylor got scared Kanye was gonna appear, that's why she threw the speech about MJ......stupid airhead!!!!

sorry guys Im crying really hard first Michael didnt win.. then my baby adam fell down.. Im leaving for a while. Im so upset right now.

Michael won fav male R&B, fav male pop/rock, r&b album & pop/rock album. Just not artist of the year. So he got 4 out of his 5.

They seemingly handed out the awards for fav albums during the incessant commercial breaks, off the air. Crazy, huh? So MJ won two others that we didn't witness.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091123...5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNtaWNoYWVsamFja3M-

Thanks, mjbunny! :flowers: Kinda weird that he could win all those awards and not get AOTY. Oh well, 4 out of 5 ain't bad. Show sucked more than it rocked, but it's finally over. Now I can let it all sink in. :(

Congratulations, Michael! :heart:

ok, correct me if I'm wrong or not...but doesn't that mean Michael is now tied with most awards won in a single night?

I also know he broke two other records tonight...He now holds the record for most wins by an artist in the same category (he won 4 times) and then he broke the record for most wins by a single artist ever for total overall wins.

I am a bit ticked that Michael lost to Taylor...that's just not right. BUT I would have rather him lost to her than a dirt ball like Em...or whoever else.

*sigh*
when Taylor Swift wins an award over Michael Jackson....you know the music biz is down the drain.

I'm just annoyed at the influence the "tweens" have on society- it's SICKENING!!!

oh we...

I told you guys to prepare yourselves for an "upset" which was not really an "upset" to begin with. Think about it...She's been selling like CRAZY since BEFORE Michael died and she kept on selling AFTER Michael died despite Mikes sales spike. She has the best selling album of 2009. Think of it this way...it's an award for artist of the YEAR Not of all TIME! lol

True, true, very good point.

I sure wish they had televised Michael winning in his other 2 categories. Oh well. Four out of 5 awards is awesome but he deserved artist of the year.

Now let's hear what this Dr. Murray has to say on the local news.:scratch:

I am so happy he won 4. I was just hoping for one because I didn't want to get my hopes up but I didn't like him losing to Taylor.

I mean for somefans from other coutires where American pop songs are not that popular , Michael Jackson represents all American singers but AMERICAN Music Award doesn't award Michael as the best artist of this year. It sounds weird.

It's over.
so what about the other prizes???
They cheated us by handing them out "off the air" (either before the show or during the ad breaks).

To recap, MJ won 4 of the 5 he was nominated for:
Soul/R&B Male Artist
Soul/R&B Album (Number Ones)
Pop/Rock Male Artist
Pop/Rock Album (Number Ones)

Congrats, Michael :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back