Akon says MJ will not sing live

im guessing people are missing the entire LIVE concept. Live as in the artist will be right in front of u, there in person. They will be there live,no video,no pics,itll be them there lol. thats the whole LIVE concept. Just like stage plays use the LIVE tag line someimes. Now if advertised as this is it LIVE SINGING then u shud be upset. idk why fans are complaining when they knew the odds b4 purchasing a ticket. And to the person who said mike shud announce so the fans could choose to buy or not,um no1 forced u to purchase ur ticket, u did that @ free will.

:mello: I don`t get this discussion; I understand that people are concerned about the lip sync/ singing live etc- but as someone said earlier- this is not just a concert, its a complete show as in a to the detail planned performance. Michael has always gone to great lenghts to present the ultimate experience for the fans, and i have no doubt that he is working his (cute) ........off for us to deliver the best show possible.
I think that he will make decisions on singing live/ recorded music
(lip sync) based on what will suit that part of the show the most. And I do not think it say anything about his singing abilities. Just about his desire for perfection. If the effect of a part of a show is better with the use of recorded music, and focus on the dance it will be used recorded music.
There is a big difference on Michael and most artists that use lip sync and that is ; Michael CAN sing. If he use the aid of technology its for a reason, and for most part i think its about artistic decicions on how to better give the performance where he wants it. You know?
( going back to the curls thread..........)

I would first like to say, I know everyone has a right to voice their thoughts about him singing "live" or not but:
I WANT ONE PERSON ON HERE TO FIND ME SOMEONE (CELEBRITY OR NON) THAT CAN AND WILL SING 18-25 SONGS DAMN NEAR EVERY OTHER NIGHT FOR 50 SHOWS AND NOT HAVE A SORE THROAT, LARYNGITIS, HELL NO VOICE AT ALL, or POLYPS IN THE VOCAL CORDS.

If and when you find that person please record it because not even the ppl that do shows in Vegas everynight sing all their damn songs.. Come on folks we have been screaming, hollering, crying, begging, demanding and other things for the KOP himself to tour, now he is doing it and the same ppl are ready to tear him to shreads over not singing all the song "live".. Child boo, 2 tears in a bucket- fuc* it.. Hey if you don't want to hear playback then sell your tix I bet you my last dollar someone else would enjoy the joy regardless of how MJ chooses to sing. My only grip about the damn concert is that I couldn't get closer seats, but I bet you my bottom dollar that I will enjoy my nosebleed seats, sing and scream to the top of my lungs,dance until I pop something, try and snap some fuzzy ass pics to let ppl know I was there, hug the ppl around me just because we are all happy to be there, buy some souvenirs, and enjoy the sights and sounds of London, England..

Good night and God Bless, I still love you MJ fans that are complaining.

I would first like to say, I know everyone has a right to voice their thoughts about him singing "live" or not but:
I WANT ONE PERSON ON HERE TO FIND ME SOMEONE (CELEBRITY OR NON) THAT CAN AND WILL SING 18-25 SONGS DAMN NEAR EVERY OTHER NIGHT FOR 50 SHOWS AND NOT HAVE A SORE THROAT, LARYNGITIS, HELL NO VOICE AT ALL, or POLYPS IN THE VOCAL CORDS.

If and when you find that person please record it because not even the ppl that do shows in Vegas everynight sing all their damn songs.. Come on folks we have been screaming, hollering, crying, begging, demanding and other things for the KOP himself to tour, now he is doing it and the same ppl are ready to tear him to shreads over not singing all the song "live".. Child boo, 2 tears in a bucket- fuc* it.. Hey if you don't want to hear playback then sell your tix I bet you my last dollar someone else would enjoy the joy regardless of how MJ chooses to sing. My only grip about the damn concert is that I couldn't get closer seats, but I bet you my bottom dollar that I will enjoy my nosebleed seats, sing and scream to the top of my lungs,dance until I pop something, try and snap some fuzzy ass pics to let ppl know I was there, hug the ppl around me just because we are all happy to be there, buy some souvenirs, and enjoy the sights and sounds of London, England..

If you are talking about me, the artist that I like don't lip sync in concerts. I don't care what other artist do. We are talking about Michael Jackson. And if it is known that Michael Jackson at times lip sync in his concerts, then why are some of you so upset with Akon???

I am aware that there are sound effects and props that go into the staging of a concert. I aware that some music is pre-recorded, but the artist themselves in most cases are singing live.

I don't care about your excuses on why Michael Jackson would lip sync. I think it's wrong period for any artist to lip sync. Recorded music belongs on a CD, not in a live concert. That is cheating to me. It's false to have some engineer edit out your pre-recorded voice so it appears to be flawless.

And yes people are ready to tear Michael Jackson to shreads if he lip sync because that is not the performing Michael Jackson that people know.

im guessing people are missing the entire LIVE concept. Live as in the artist will be right in front of u, there in person. They will be there live,no video,no pics,itll be them there lol. thats the whole LIVE concept. Just like stage plays use the LIVE tag line someimes. Now if advertised as this is it LIVE SINGING then u shud be upset. idk why fans are complaining when they knew the odds b4 purchasing a ticket. And to the person who said mike shud announce so the fans could choose to buy or not,um no1 forced u to purchase ur ticket, u did that @ free will.

I really don't know what you are talking about when you say that people are missing the entire Live concept? Live doesn't mean that the artist is right in front of you. I don't know what Michael Jackson does on his tour over in Europe, but I don't ever recall him lip syncing here in America. The last touring concert that he did in America was The Bad tour, I was there and he sang live.

:mello: I don`t get this discussion; I understand that people are concerned about the lip sync/ singing live etc- but as someone said earlier- this is not just a concert, its a complete show as in a to the detail planned performance. Michael has always gone to great lenghts to present the ultimate experience for the fans, and i have no doubt that he is working his (cute) ........off for us to deliver the best show possible.
I think that he will make decisions on singing live/ recorded music
(lip sync) based on what will suit that part of the show the most. And I do not think it say anything about his singing abilities. Just about his desire for perfection. If the effect of a part of a show is better with the use of recorded music, and focus on the dance it will be used recorded music.
There is a big difference on Michael and most artists that use lip sync and that is ; Michael CAN sing. If he use the aid of technology its for a reason, and for most part i think its about artistic decicions on how to better give the performance where he wants it. You know?
( going back to the curls thread..........)

OK!!!!!!!!!!! So what's the beef with Akon from some fan on what he said about Michael Jackson lip syncing???????

Actually I am going feel privileged even if MJ brings his glasses and reads the Yellow pages...
Yes it would be amazing to have all songs sang live - but no that is not going to happen...And I am more then fine with him saving his energy for the dance moves (you cant playback the dance! the is one and only) but finishes the show in fine health without being exhausted....
I would like to see him perform live once more, and this what I am hoping to get..if 50% is playback but the dance and the atmosphere is there again, I dont mind the playback..that is a tool only...the dance is the real thing

BTW..Akon speaks all the time but where is that single? or that album he has put together with MJ? Akon should learn the master art of silence..

HUH????????? I never knew an artist WOULD lip sync at a live concert and not state that fact. Especially at a Michael Jackson concert. I've seen Michael perform on many occassion throught out his career and it never appeared to me that he was lip syncing. But if in fact he will be lip syncing in his concerts and he decides to bring it to America, then my CHOICE will be not to spend my money to go see him.

Pamarella...He's lipsyncs in concerts. When he's outta breath or something. you cant tell me that the whole concert he will be singing live. Well hun...if ur choice will be NOT to see him...then thats ur choice. But for fans that are more than happy to be in his presence, then we'll be there. Tnx 4 clearing ur point. :D

If you are talking about me, the artist that I like don't lip sync in concerts. I don't care what other artist do. We are talking about Michael Jackson. And if it is known that Michael Jackson at times lip sync in his concerts, then why are some of you so upset with Akon???

I am aware that there are sound effects and props that go into the staging of a concert. I aware that some music is pre-recorded, but the artist themselves in most cases are singing live.

I don't care about your excuses on why Michael Jackson would lip sync. I think it's wrong period for any artist to lip sync. Recorded music belongs on a CD, not in a live concert. That is cheating to me. It's false to have some engineer edit out your pre-recorded voice so it appears to be flawless.

And yes people are ready to tear Michael Jackson to shreads if he lip sync because that is not the performing Michael Jackson that people know.

Hun...look AKON and what we're saying is TOTALLY DIFFERENT. Akon said "Michael singing I'm not so sure about. He will perform but not sing."

He made it sound like HE Will NOT BE ABLE SING ANYYYY Song live. And that aint the truth. He might sing some live...but if he looses his breath and want to reach the notes he wants to, he'll lip sync. And how that is Cheating to you is beyond me. And that has been happening since the 90's ...IT is NOT a NEW thing that Mike just Made up for THIS IS IT! If you have his concert DVD's...you'll know what I mean. And you gotta understand that He IS HUMAN, and He does tend to loose his breath or might not reach the wanted notes...but C'mon, You cant really think that He'll Sing ALL His songs...ALL 25 of his songs for for 50 DAYS...

Yet again, I woundnt care as long as am there to see him. He'll do what He wants. To tell you the truth...I LOVE Michael soooo Much. But even I know he's not Perfect. Humans arent perfect. But he's VERY Close to it than any1 i know. And you have to understand that at the end of the day, He'll Do what he thinks IS RIGHT! so Lets Just leave it at that! k?:D

I really don't know what you are talking about when you say that people are missing the entire Live concept? Live doesn't mean that the artist is right in front of you. I don't know what Michael Jackson does on his tour over in Europe, but I don't ever recall him lip syncing here in America. The last touring concert that he did in America was The Bad tour, I was there and he sang live.

MY POINT EXACTLY P. And on Bad Tour, He sang LIVE. But Not on DANGEROUS And HISTORY tours. Thats what i'm saying. And If Mike lip synics...its to BETTER the performance like movingcoolcat said.

And Bad tour was over 20 yars ago...:D

Actually I am going feel privileged even if MJ brings his glasses and reads the Yellow pages...
Yes it would be amazing to have all songs sang live - but no that is not going to happen...And I am more then fine with him saving his energy for the dance moves (you cant playback the dance! the is one and only) but finishes the show in fine health without being exhausted....
I would like to see him perform live once more, and this what I am hoping to get..if 50% is playback but the dance and the atmosphere is there again, I dont mind the playback..that is a tool only...the dance is the real thing

BTW..Akon speaks all the time but where is that single? or that album he has put together with MJ? Akon should learn the master art of silence..

I agree with wat u said...ESP. The Akon part...lol:cheeky:

when did randy philips say he will sing live???? i must have missed the interview does anyone have it?

Prince.

James Brown.

Michael will sing on playback, and what...? I personally dont care, but it would be fair to sing live for fans lets say 50% of the show.

I don't know what Michael Jackson does on his tour over in Europe, but I don't ever recall him lip syncing here in America. The last touring concert that he did in America was The Bad tour, I was there and he sang live.

Wrong! lol...MJ lip synced in Hawaii, Jan. 1997 on the HIStory World Tour...Hawaii is a part of the U.S isn't it!? :yes:

Wrong! lol...MJ lip synced in Hawaii, Jan. 1997 on the HIStory World Tour...Hawaii is a part of the U.S isn't it!? :yes:

Hawaii or Honolulu if that is where the concert was, isn't like New York or Chicago or Los Angeles, you know the HUGE markets that has EVERYONE attending his concerts. I love Hawaii, but it's like 5 hours away from the main land, so to be truthful, he didn't TOUR THE UNITED STATES in 1997.

So you are WRONG!!!!!!!:yes:

MY POINT EXACTLY P. And on Bad Tour, He sang LIVE. But Not on DANGEROUS And HISTORY tours. Thats what i'm saying. And If Mike lip synics...its to BETTER the performance like movingcoolcat said.

And Bad tour was over 20 yars ago...:D

Well Michael didn't tour here in the United States for the Dangerous or History tours, so you are saying that Michael lip sync during the ENTIRE time at both of those concert?

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!!

Round of applause, spot on.

Some people are never happy, not pointing out anybody in particular, or anyone on this board, just saying.

I do not care how he would sing. I will be very happy to any sound importantly that he will stand on stage and we'll see him !​

Last edited:
It's obvious that some fans don't care whether Michael lip syncs and some do care...

This issue isn't whether some fans are happy or not with Michael Jackson lip syncing, the issues is that someone started a post about what Akon said in an news article about Michael Jackson lip snycing and some of you critizized him for doing so.

It appears that SOME fans are aware that Michael Jackson lip syncs and SOME fans like myself are not aware that he lip syncs.

I would like to know if Michael Jackson HIMSELF ever stated that he lip sync in his concerts. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME THIS!!!!!!!!! AND WHY WAS AKON CRITIZIZED FOR THAT ARTICLE BY SOME OF YOU ON THIS FORUM?

It is always an issue on this forum when Michael Jackson is spoke of in a somewhat critical way, people are attacked for doing so.

akon is jealous. he wish he can sell out 50 shows
OK! That's a lame excues it really is...

So is Akon friends with Michael Jackson or not? And why was it, when he and Michael did that duet song together, everyone was singing praises for Akon? So like I said, if someone says something that could be critical about Michael you go on the attack??

It's obvious that some fans don't care whether Michael lip syncs and some do care...

This issue isn't whether some fans are happy or not with Michael Jackson lip syncing, the issues is that someone started a post about what Akon said in an news article about Michael Jackson lip snycing and some of you critizized him for doing so.

It appears that SOME fans are aware that Michael Jackson lip syncs and SOME fans like myself are not aware that he lip syncs.

I would like to know if Michael Jackson HIMSELF ever stated that he lip sync in his concerts. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME THIS!!!!!!!!! AND WHY WAS AKON CRITIZIZED FOR THAT ARTICLE BY SOME OF YOU ON THIS FORUM?

It is always an issue on this forum when Michael Jackson is spoke of in a somewhat critical way, people are attacked for doing so.
of course Michael hasn't admitted to it, you just have to watch the history tour to see that he does though bad = live, dangerous = mixture of live and lip sync, HIStory = all lip sync except for WBSS, J5 Medley and adlibs in a beat it, billie jean etc

if he sings live or doesnt ... a michael jackson performance still captivates and impresses. be happy he is even thinking about doing any shows. we need positivity up in here. Not in fighting, arguments and judgement and condemnation for something that has not even taken place yet :zformation:

of course Michael hasn't admitted to it, you just have to watch the history tour to see that he does though bad = live, dangerous = mixture of live and lip sync, HIStory = all lip sync except for WBSS, J5 Medley and adlibs in a beat it, billie jean etc

How do you know he is lip syncing?

What gives you that impression that he is doing so, and why would you find that acceptable if he never stated that, because he is Michael Jackson?

How do you know he is lip syncing?

What gives you that impression that he is doing so, and why would you find that acceptable if he never stated that, because he is Michael Jackson?

you can just tell, it sounds exactly like the record, anyone can see people who think hes actually singing all those songs live are just kidding themselves. I don't think its acceptable really, Dangerous was ok I think he should atleast sing ballads live.

peeps ... Michael Lip-synchs often. accept it, deal with it and enjoy the rest of the performance. :D

if he sings live or doesnt ... a michael jackson performance still captivates and impresses. be happy he is even thinking about doing any shows. we need positivity up in here. Not in fighting, arguments and judgement and condemnation for something that has not even taken place yet :zformation:

Stop saying that people are arguing and fighting. That's how you see it. I don't see it that way.

Well Michael didn't tour here in the United States for the Dangerous or History tours, so you are saying that Michael lip sync during the ENTIRE time at both of those concert?

You're putting words in my mouth again. I didnt say the Entire time. I said He lip syncs on his tours. NOT THE WHOLE TIME! Please understand what i said first then comment on it. I dont really want to argue about this. Lets just Wait for his Performances and THEN we can comment on it. If u dont believe what fans on this board said about him lip syncing then go back and watch his concert tours. PLEASE.

Thats IT for me. Tnx and Good night Yall! :)
Thanks!

Back