Akon says MJ will not sing live

uhhh...soooo? What the H*L* does it Matter if he's singing Live or NOT!!! Its Enough to just see him LIVE! Thats what Every fan wants. I think ppl. are just Making tooo Much of this. If he wants to sing LIVE, He'll If he doesnt..., guess what, He Wont.

We all should understand that He's Human, and If u've seen his past tours, There was a lot of dancing. And he was outta breath most of the time... Like the Billie Jean part on the "Dangerous Tour" in Bucharest Romania. Its Hard to sing and Dance fast pace dance at the same time. But Mike Did and will do his best to be the best. And to tell you the truth, He IS THE BEST!

So lets stop this argument of "HE HAS TO SING LIVE" and Try to understand Why, if he doesnt. C'mon Yall, This is After all Michael, and He's A perfectionist!!! Lets just wait and see what He comes up with cuz he's soooo creative. What ever he does, Its Gonna be OFF Da Hook. Yall feel me?...

Well thats about it 4 me...Tnx

Love,
Romi

uhhh...soooo? What the H*L* does it Matter if he's singing Live or NOT!!! Its Enough to just see him LIVE! Thats what Every fan wants. I think ppl. are just Making tooo Much of this. If he wants to sing LIVE, He'll If he doesnt..., guess what, He Wont.

We all should understand that He's Human, and If u've seen his past tours, There was a lot of dancing. And he was outta breath most of the time... Like the Billie Jean part on the "Dangerous Tour" in Bucharest Romania. Its Hard to sing and Dance fast pace dance at the same time. But Mike Did and will do his best to be the best. And to tell you the truth, He IS THE BEST!

So lets stop this argument of "HE HAS TO SING LIVE" and Try to understand Why, if he doesnt. C'mon Yall, This is After all Michael, and He's A perfectionist!!! Lets just wait and see what He comes up with cuz he's soooo creative. What ever he does, Its Gonna be OFF Da Hook. Yall feel me?...

Love,
Romi

Yes!!!!!!!!!!! it matters and if I and other fans are going to pay money to see Michael Jackson, we want to see him singing live. I don't want Michael lowering his standards so that he can JUST perform live. A PERFECTIONIST wouldn't do that. And he has dance and sang live in the past. Are you saying that he is too old for the job now? And no one is arguing. I don't understand why he has to lip sync. That is beneath him. Amatures do that.

Last edited:
Yes!!!!!!!!!!! it matters and if I and other fans are going to pay money to see Michael Jackson, we want to see him singing live. I don't want Michael lowering his standards so that he can JUST perform live. A PERFECTIONIST wouldn't do that. And he has dance and sang live in the past. Are you saying that he too old for the job now? And no one is arguing. I don't understand why he has to lip sync. That is beneath him. Amatures do that.

I agree with everythin.

Akon may be alot of things but Smart aint one of them.

This is him running off his mouth. we wont know what Michael will and wont do for another 41 days. Dont listen to this man hes a nothing. Akon is someone who is still trying to cash in on what ever it is hes doing on the 1 thing he did with Michael. Being on one song with him doesnt make him someone of trust. I doubt Michael even talks to him anymore.

And as for him "miming" some his songs well you all know the reason he does it so dont get your Knickers in a twist.

Love,
Romi

This long-winded post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Miming is unnacceptable, period. People have paid through the nose to get a live show, one which has been advertised as an "all-singing, all dancing spectacular". For Randy to say on numerous occasions that the show will be live, that MJ will sing LIVE, and then not to come through, is nothing short of false advertising. By buying tickets both parties (the ticket holder and the promoter/performer; AEG and Michael Jackson) have entered into a legally-binding contract. The contract, in this instance, states that for your money, you will recieve a live performance, with live singing by Michael Jackson. A lot of people who have respect for live music, have purely bought tickets on this basis. I hate to say it, but the long and the short of it is - if Michael is caught miming during the O2 stint, he is done.

In saying all of the above, Michael IMO wouldn't be silly enough to mime at this stage. He's not dumb, and would know all of the consequences that are to await him, if he were to do so. I cannot see him miming during the This Is It residency :)

Last edited:
He'll be singing LIVE,did u remember 30th anniversary? He sang there LIVE!!!! So he's still can sing LIVE & dance!!!! He's a LIVING LEGEND!!!! He's Michael Jackson!

You can talk about this in circles as you obviously like... but you can also just wait and see and then talk your OPINIONS and hey if you still like get all worked up about it! lol
But to end up bickering what some of you would like him to do and some don't need to see him doing... yaddayaddayadda lol really.
Sorry I'm not really posting this to offend one in particular but some poster really seem to love to repeat themselves again and again... well I guess this is where you'd hear in english native speaking countries then sentence 'Go and find a life, would you?!'

Let him do the show however he decides to and he likes to... I mean come on, he'll do it anyways. *shrugs* I guess he'll do some live singing and he'll do some mimic... so lol everybody will be served... those who want to complain... and those who want to enjoy. ;)

I have said this on the live site, why is everyone so so shocked that MJ mimes/syncs? Madonna/Britney/Prince/Timberlake etc etc etc all sync to tracks they especially made in studio for their tours, its not like they slap a bargain basement Asda Dangerous Cd on and he mimes to it, the backing tracks are made specifically for the concerts by the artist before the tour. Most people think OMG he is in the recording studio but it might not actually be for an album it might be he is working on his concert recordings. Every breath and every move will be worked out and HE will know when he needs his backing track turned up/down on/off because he made it for the concert. For Gods sake people the man has to breath now and again.

I am a fan of Celine Dion, she has actually said she recorded every song for her New Day residency and all artistes of high calibre do this she called it "A little help" to catch a breath or hit the high note.

Its the specially recorded backing track that is also playing in theor ears whilst they perform.

On the subject of AKON, we hate people believing bad stuff about MJ or even sometimes people actually telling us what they read, so why when it comes to the press telling us someone else dissed MJ that we instantly pile in on them. If it were anything about MJ I would want to HEAR it from him and as far as AKON when I HEAR him say it I will believe he said it.

I have been to BAD/DAngerous/History tours and on each one MJ synced during part of tracks and sang live.

On the MTV awards he synced You are not alone AND also interjected the song with his mic. The whole routine was specially recorded BY HIMSELF for that performance. It was him on the track and he made it so he could dance sync sing and perform all at once.

Last edited:
Who does trust Akon??

I remember that as he said before the conferance; "MJ doesn't want to perform on stage again." =)) And then we all have seen whats happend...

By the way, I think his performances will be like HIStory Tour and I don't care if he sing or not. I just want to see my King on stage!!

Isnt there a price restriction on "lip syncing" gigs, in the UK where if the tickets are over £50 or somethin like that then most of the show if not all the show has to be sung live?
I could be totally wrong though, I read it somewhere(possibly here) around the time the 10 dates were first announced

Isnt there a price restriction on "lip syncing" gigs, in the UK where if the tickets are over £50 or somethin like that then most of the show if not all the show has to be sung live?
I could be totally wrong though, I read it somewhere(possibly here) around the time the 10 dates were first announced

Yeah I thought so too. I have every confidence he will sing live. :yes:

Akon knows the cynics will seize this, can't he find a way to get his name in the tabloids without using Michael. I wish he would just zip it.

How could/can AKON offend Michael after their collaborations? This makes no sense... and thats it!
I dont believe that Akon would say something like that! But its a juicy steak for tabloid..., why not dig into Michael if he is coming back...?

dunno but i doubt it. u dont make contracts with them saying they will sing % Live. its not like its in the small print on the ticket

Yes!!!!!!!!!!! it matters and if I and other fans are going to pay money to see Michael Jackson, we want to see him singing live. I don't want Michael lowering his standards so that he can JUST perform live. A PERFECTIONIST wouldn't do that. And he has dance and sang live in the past. Are you saying that he is too old for the job now? And no one is arguing. I don't understand why he has to lip sync. That is beneath him. Amatures do that.

lol...ok, u didn't get what am tryin to say. And Who said he's too old?I didn't...u did. am saying that If Michael feels like he doesn't want to sing live while doing a dance routine, then its his choice. and if he wants to Sing live while dancing...That would be great. I'm saying that I Dont care if he doesnt sing live while performing few songs that are very upbeat. If he does, I'll still be happy. I'm gonna go to see him At his best and as fans, we all have our "standards" i guess. And Yes he's a Perfectionist, thats why he Would want His concert to be PERFECT!

This is My opinon.:yes:
Love&Peace Y'all
Romi

I have said this on the live site, why is everyone so so shocked that MJ mimes/syncs? Madonna/Britney/Prince/Timberlake etc etc etc all sync to tracks they especially made in studio for their tours, its not like they slap a bargain basement Asda Dangerous Cd on and he mimes to it, the backing tracks are made specifically for the concerts by the artist before the tour. Most people think OMG he is in the recording studio but it might not actually be for an album it might be he is working on his concert recordings. Every breath and every move will be worked out and HE will know when he needs his backing track turned up/down on/off because he made it for the concert. For Gods sake people the man has to breath now and again.

I am a fan of Celine Dion, she has actually said she recorded every song for her New Day residency and all artistes of high calibre do this she called it "A little help" to catch a breath or hit the high note.

Its the specially recorded backing track that is also playing in theor ears whilst they perform.

On the subject of AKON, we hate people believing bad stuff about MJ or even sometimes people actually telling us what they read, so why when it comes to the press telling us someone else dissed MJ that we instantly pile in on them. If it were anything about MJ I would want to HEAR it from him and as far as AKON when I HEAR him say it I will believe he said it.

I have been to BAD/DAngerous/History tours and on each one MJ synced during part of tracks and sang live.

On the MTV awards he synced You are not alone AND also interjected the song with his mic. The whole routine was specially recorded BY HIMSELF for that performance. It was him on the track and he made it so he could dance sync sing and perform all at once.

Thankyoufor this!:clapping:

This long-winded post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Miming is unnacceptable, period. People have paid through the nose to get a live show, one which has been advertised as an "all-singing, all dancing spectacular". For Randy to say on numerous occasions that the show will be live, that MJ will sing LIVE, and then not to come through, is nothing short of false advertising. By buying tickets both parties (the ticket holder and the promoter/performer; AEG and Michael Jackson) have entered into a legally-binding contract. The contract, in this instance, states that for your money, you will recieve a live performance, with live singing by Michael Jackson. A lot of people who have respect for live music, have purely bought tickets on this basis. I hate to say it, but the long and the short of it is - if Michael is caught miming during the O2 stint, he is done.

In saying all of the above, Michael IMO wouldn't be silly enough to mime at this stage. He's not dumb, and would know all of the consequences that are to await him, if he were to do so. I cannot see him miming during the This Is It residency :)

k then...lets agree to Disagree. And he has mimed before and Other artists do it. yall make him look like he NEVER looses breath while singing. And if he needs help with notes a little...who could blame him. What ever he does, Its gonna be Great. What ever happens, happens. Either way i'll be happy just to be seeing Mike. :D

Love&Peace yall
Romi

You can talk about this in circles as you obviously like... but you can also just wait and see and then talk your OPINIONS and hey if you still like get all worked up about it! lol
But to end up bickering what some of you would like him to do and some don't need to see him doing... yaddayaddayadda lol really.
Sorry I'm not really posting this to offend one in particular but some poster really seem to love to repeat themselves again and again... well I guess this is where you'd hear in english native speaking countries then sentence 'Go and find a life, would you?!'

Let him do the show however he decides to and he likes to... I mean come on, he'll do it anyways. *shrugs* I guess he'll do some live singing and he'll do some mimic... so lol everybody will be served... those who want to complain... and those who want to enjoy. ;)

lol:D...Yep...:agree:Totally Agree!

Well, it's probalby not going to be much different than his other tours, so i'm sure he's right in that regard.

This isn't an average MJ tour. This is a SHOW. It'll be much more entertaining than just a regular concert. If any of you have seen a show in Vegas, a la Celine Dion, you'd know what you're expecting. The lip syncing (if any at all) will be kept to a minimum.

This isn't an average MJ tour. This is a SHOW. It'll be much more entertaining than just a regular concert. If any of you have seen a show in Vegas, a la Celine Dion, you'd know what you're expecting. The lip syncing (if any at all) will be kept to a minimum.

From your lips to God's ears.

lol...ok, u didn't get what am tryin to say. And Who said he's too old?I didn't...u did. am saying that If Michael feels like he doesn't want to sing live while doing a dance routine, then its his choice. and if he wants to Sing live while dancing...That would be great. I'm saying that I Dont care if he doesnt sing live while performing few songs that are very upbeat. If he does, I'll still be happy. I'm gonna go to see him At his best and as fans, we all have our "standards" i guess. And Yes he's a Perfectionist, thats why he Would want His concert to be PERFECT!

This is My opinon.:yes:
Love&Peace Y'all
Romi

I didn't say that you said that he was old. I ask you a question based on what you posted. And EVERYTHING Michael Jackson does is his CHOICE. I wouldn't like it if Michael lip syncs during his concerts. If he must lip sync, then he should state that he will be doing so before someone buys a ticket, then some of the fans would have a CHOICE whether to attend or not. Michael Jackson lip syncing is not Michael Jackson at his BEST. You are right, as fans we do have our standards and my standards are EXTREMELY HIGH when it comes to the talents of Michael Jackson.

Also we all have a different definition of what PREFECTION is.
That's my opinion... :cheeky:

I hope its a rumor that he will be lip syncing.

If he must lip sync, then he should state that he will be doing so before someone buys a ticket, then some of the fans would have a CHOICE whether to attend or not.
huh? I never know that an artist has to state he is going to lipsync or not so fans have a CHOICE. Why don't you decide if you want to buy the tickets after you access his first few shows? Buy only when you think he is up to your standards. You have a CHOICE there.

huh? I never know that an artist has to state he is going to lipsync or not so fans have a CHOICE. Why don't you decide if you want to buy the tickets after you access his first few shows? Buy only when you think he is up to your standards. You have a CHOICE there.
HUH????????? I never knew an artist WOULD lip sync at a live concert and not state that fact. Especially at a Michael Jackson concert. I've seen Michael perform on many occassion throught out his career and it never appeared to me that he was lip syncing. But if in fact he will be lip syncing in his concerts and he decides to bring it to America, then my CHOICE will be not to spend my money to go see him.

Ofcourse he will not sing live. He did not do it in 1997 and that was 12 years ago. He is much older now so I think Akon is right.

HUH????????? I never knew an artist WOULD lip sync at a live concert and not state that fact. Especially at a Michael Jackson concert. I've seen Michael perform on many occassion throught out his career and it never appeared to me that he was lip syncing. But if in fact he will be lip syncing in his concerts and he decides to bring it to America, then my CHOICE will be not to spend my money to go see him.
HUH? Did Britney spears state that she would be lipsynching before she does her circus tour?
It's very easy to tell if he is lipsyching by watching the concert footages. So my kind advice to you is to watch his upcoming concert footages which fans will post on youtube before you make your decision. You can see if he performs up to your standards with these footages. It can save you from making the wrong CHOICE and save you from complaining later.

Back