Akon says MJ will not sing live

wouldn't be surprised.. he has shown a tendency during earlier concerts not sing that much live. we'll probably get a few live ad libs and the rest will be playback/singback/whatever

I can't stand that fool Akon.

So, immediately, I tend to write off anything he or Will I Am have to say.

Back in the day, it would have been impossible for an artist like Akon to get a recording contract -- you had to have real talent. Nowadays, anybody who breathes can get one and they instantly become an "authority" on the music business.

Furthermore, the last time I checked, the WBSS remix featuring Akon was a piece of SH** cause Akon sounded corny and should have never been granted the privilege to remake such a legendary song. Before Akon goes talking about who's singing live and who's not, he should worry about his own vocal inability and take some singing lessons.

no, he did not say that. he said that he *thinks* that he may not sing live. he does not know any more than you or me. some ppl here thinks he will sing live, others not. this is no different. the official line from randy phillips @ aeg is that he will sing live, so expect him to (or expect aeg to see lawsuits)

well I'm for one isn't that interested in listening to a cd and seeing a 50yo guy try to keep up with the younger dancers. if the first concert isn't live I'll probably sell/give away my tickets to other shows and be done with it.

wouldn't be surprised.. he has shown a tendency during earlier concerts not sing that much live. we'll probably get a few live ad libs and the rest will be playback/singback/whatever

:mello:

If he wants to have those shows the biggest a man could ever have done, he sure needs to sing live.
AEG said he will sing live, he needs to sing live. (just for me:p)

if its true so what??? if Michael lip syncs his voice be on question again!! I for one am interested in seeing Michael sing live!! I'll be so disappointed if this was true!!

Back in the day, it would have been impossible for an artist like Akon to get a recording contract -- you had to have real talent. Nowadays, anybody who breathes can get one and they instantly become an "authority" on the music business.

I agree 100%! Well said...:yes:

Quite a bit will be live. Of course I can't guarantee that it'll be in the show, but Dirty Diana is being rehearsed.

I hope it's not true.

PLEASE SING LIVE MIKE!!!

how do you know that Dirty Diana is rehearsed?

"It's going to be amazing, I can definitely tell you that. I'm going to have front row tickets. I will have the best tickets in the house and will be so close to the stage you will think that I am on it."

- OK, you got money. we get it.

how do you know that Dirty Diana is rehearsed?

"It's going to be amazing, I can definitely tell you that. I'm going to have front row tickets. I will have the best tickets in the house and will be so close to the stage you will think that I am on it."

- OK, you got money. we get it.

Yeah, such modesty as always. :rolleyes:
Who gives a crap what Akon says.

Is Dirty Diana being rehearsed??

How do you know that??

May I humbly suggest to those fans who have concerns about whether he will/can sing live, whether he can still dance as he did when he was in his 30s, whether he will enter on an elephant from Africa - wait until there is ACTUALLY a concert before panicking and passing judgement.

People and newspaper blab on about Michael and we get our panties in a hysterical bunch.

Stop! Breathe! Relax! And wait for REALLY happens.

You'd think by now we would have learned.

Last edited:
First of all, does anybody REALLY believe that Akon knows anything about what will or will not happen at the O2? LOL! I mean, really.

Akon knows as much as we do, if that.

A month or so ago, Akon and his DJ were "alluding" to the fact that they would be the opening act for MJ. Do you remember that? Now all of a sudden he will be in the front row.

Akon is also the same person who said that "Hold My Hand" would be on his new album and MJ's new album. And we all know what happened there.

Right before the Superbowl Thriller commercial a few years ago, Akon had "some" of the fans believing that MJ would actually be appearing in said commercial. Remember that?

I generally don't have a problem with Akon, but he needs to concentrate on his OWN career right about now!

First of all, does anybody REALLY believe that Akon knows anything about what will or will not happen at the O2? LOL! I mean, really.

Akon knows as much as we do, if that.

A month or so ago, Akon and his DJ were "alluding" to the fact that they would be the opening act for MJ. Do you remember that? Now all of a sudden he will be in the front row.

Akon is also the same person who said that "Hold My Hand" would be on his new album and MJ's new album. And we all know what happened there.

Right before the Superbowl Thriller commercial a few years ago, Akon had "some" of the fans believing that MJ would actually be appearing in said commercial. Remember that?

I generally don't have a problem with Akon, but he needs to concentrate on his OWN career right about now!

LOL, best post in this thread.

my brotha also said he was in his 20s! lol he prolly thinks that b/c of all the dancing, mj wouldn't sing live...it's h appened before

In this TABLOID article from Daily Star, Akon also allegedly says: "He hasn’t told me what he’s got planned. He ain’t told anybody." Hard to know what Michael will or will not be singing live when he hasn't apparently told Akon anything about it :lol:.

Also:

Take this how you will, but I haven't said anything to protect my friends, but with their blessings I'm gonna post this. I know some of the dancers on the tour. Michael IS singing a good amount of the show live. I can't go into any more details...I've never been one to make up bs on this board. Check my history if you'd like. Anyway, don't worry, the show will be AMAZING. Mike is also wearing a new hairstyle. Most of you will be very happy to see what it looks like now...you'll see soon enough. :)

Now, just sit back, relax, and be prepared for one heck of a LIVE show. Stop listening to the rumors. He'll be there dancing and SINGING like the old Michael.

well I'm for one isn't that interested in listening to a cd and seeing a 50yo guy try to keep up with the younger dancers. if the first concert isn't live I'll probably sell/give away my tickets to other shows and be done with it.
You may want to sell your tickets away now. lol

I don't understand how MJ miming could be news?

The majority of his fans know exactly how he works. He's a mix of live, and pre-recorded vocals this has been the case since the Dangerous tour

That said, the most part of the HIStory was lipped, bar a few songs. What i'm more interested in is why Akon would come out and say this

Ridiculous, first he says he'll never tour again and now this!!!

Anyways Randy Phillips already said he'll sing live!

What i'm more interested in is why Akon would come out and say this

In my opinion, it's because Akon knows that "pretending" to be a part of MJ's inner circle, garner's him some much needed press attention.

If you think about it, the only time, LATELY, that you hear from Akon is in reference to something he has said about MJ.

Nevermind MJ, I'd like to know what's up with them "Convict Jeans." LOL!

i think akon shoud keep his opinions for himself!Michal should sing live!and i think he wants to show off his great voice:)so don't worry,just be happy:-D

Back