ABC reports: MJ fans protest new MJ album

Ohh good lord!

Now, This is a local ABC station in L.A., So let's hope other stations doesn't pick it up.
If so then the Album is doomed for failure. Now I respect and understand the fans feelings that are protesting on this issue however I think the ball lyes within The Jackson's court on this issue.

A wise man once said "Nothing can't be said or done if we raise our voice as one" so I don't know anymore about this.
SMH

Last edited:
This is getting ridiculous and very embarassing for MJ. ABC is one of the top news stations and this got to them. This is probably the first time in music history fans of a music artist embarassed the artist and ruined sales. Name a artist where this has happened?

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/entertainment&id=7844053

I think the Estate and Sony should have never put the Cascio songs on this album..Whether it 100% Michael or 0% Michael because by putting songs some songs that don't even sound like him (to me), I mean of course it would cause something like this...This should not be happening :sigh:

Yikes. Who would have ever guessed that fans would be the downfall of an MJ album. Crazy times we live in. So sad.

Major news outlets are getting a hold of this now which affects non fans from wanting to purchase the CD. You got non fans thinking the whole album is fake now.

It's like because of 2002 every MJ album that comes out now, fans will find a way to protest and say F sony.

Major news outlets are getting a hold of this now which affects non fans from wanting to purchase the CD. You got non fans thinking the whole album is fake now.

It's like because of 2002 every MJ album that comes out now, fans will find a way to protest and say F sony.

When in fact they are saying "F" Michael.

passionate fans???? maybe but are they fans of Michael's or of Karan Faye's? Seems she orginizes most of the protests.

Fans need to be careful about what they claim.

There are seven authentic songs on this album and they shouldn't be lumped together with the fake material.

I think the Estate and Sony should have never put the Cascio songs on this album..Whether it 100% Michael or 0% Michael because by putting songs some songs that don't even sound like him (to me), I mean of course it would cause something like this...This should not be happening :sigh:

How can you not have "Monster" on this CD? That's the club banger and track that will take the album to the next level because hip hop and non fans are lovin it.

Without it, the album is still good, but missing that blockbuster track.

Amazing, there are still people here that seem to think we are all just saying this for fun..........

Shame on those fans!

What are they doing?

Some of the biggest mistakes are made with the best intentions - maybe this is another example of that.

passionate fans???? maybe but are they fans of Michael's or of Karan Faye's? Seems she orginizes most of the protests.

Yep, passionate fans of MJ, alright. Maybe with a different perspective on things, and perhaps influenced by others, or they just prefer to go by what they feel is right. Yes, passionate enough to take action.

Amazing, there are still people here that seem to think we are all just saying this for fun..........

well, if you are not, you all should get together and do something serious about it. Start the process, if you want to fight for your truth. Get in touch with the Estate, demand the proof, etc. what's the point of going on and on about it on forums? it won't get you anywhere.

Fans need to be careful about what they claim.

There are seven authentic songs on this album and they shouldn't be lumped together with the fake material.

In YOUR opinion! In my opinion, there are ten authentic songs on this album.

I am very passionate about this as well but you don't see me making protests on this Album. Yes, I do NOT agree with "questionable" tracks ending up on the album however who was in charge of the track listing and you can go from there. I say blame the "Person" or "People" on the track listing and then wait for Damage Control.

Honestly, I as a fan like the songs on the album. "Do I support the album"? YES! Do I support the Cascio tracks "Not at this time" so "NO". I am sure some of us can go on and on about the album and what they "Should" have done but it's too late for that now, It's already out and in stores and consumers hands. It's very simple, Buy it or DON'T buy the album. If you "THINK" it's not Mike and want to protect his legacy then you have every right not to buy it and voice your opinion but this is getting out of hand I think.

How can you not have "Monster" on this CD? That's the club banger and track that will take the album to the next level because hip hop and non fans are lovin it.

Without it, the album is still good, but missing that blockbuster track.

Hey I'm with ya, Monster is a great song, it's just everything around the Cascio songs have caused a division as you can see..but I personally don't blame people for feeling the way they do -_-

I didn't watch the clip, I just read the story that goes along with the clip, and the first name I see is - Samantha De Gosson. LOL! Will she be heading up ALL protest, from now until forever?

There were TEN fans protesting and I'm not sure what the public will think, aside from what some of them usually say about those "CRAZY" Michael Jackson fans.

Samantha De Gosson said: "We should protest Sony like Michael asked us to do in 2002."

In my opinion, this has nothing to do with the 3 so-called "fake" tracks, this is just ANOTHER excuse to go after Sony, by the same folks who created the "This Is NOT It" campaign.

TEN fans standing in front of Sony Headquarters = EMBARRISING! (I wonder if they brought the "This Is NOT It" coffin with them. LOL!)

well, if you are not, you all should get together and do something serious about it. Start the process, if you want to fight for your truth. Get in touch with the Estate, demand the proof, etc. what's the point of going on and on about it on forums? it won't get you anywhere.

Nothing else needs to be done, its been on ABC news. . . .

The point in going on and on and on about it is that we are trying to make sense of it ourselves.

Your all just being ridiculous if you think we are just saying all this for the sake of it.

Until you have proof you are doing it for fun

Makes total sense for you to say that. Total sense.

I guess you have to carry on trying to convince yourself its MJ on these songs, after all you've waited years for a new album! Wouldnt want to be dissapointed now would you?

Yikes. Who would have ever guessed that fans would be the downfall of an MJ album. Crazy times we live in. So sad.

The vocal minority will be drowned out by the masses. I mean look at these people standing on the street with masks on their faces. Do they honestly think anyone is taking them seriously.

I guarantee you that the producers and TV anchors were laughing their butts off back at the studio. But they can't do so on camera.

They made fools of themselves. And it won't hurt the album.

Nothing else needs to be done, its been on ABC news. . . .

The point in going on and on and on about it is that we are trying to make sense of it ourselves.

Your all just being ridiculous if you think we are just saying all this for the sake of it.

This wasn't ABC News. It was a local affiliate in a small city. Not a national story.

I am very passionate about this as well but you don't see me making protests on this Album. Yes, I do NOT agree with "questionable" tracks ending up on the album however who was in charge of the track listing and you can go from there. I say blame the "Person" or "People" on the track listing and then wait for Damage Control.

Honestly, I as a fan like the songs on the album. "Do I support the album"? YES! Do I support the Cascio tracks "Not at this time" so "NO". I am sure some of us can go on and on about the album and what they "Should" have done but it's too late for that now, It's already out and in stores and consumers hands. It's very simple, Buy it or DON'T buy the album. If you "THINK" it's not Mike and want to protect his legacy then you have every right not to buy it and voice your opinion but this is getting out of hand I think.

Then, you have a different perspective on how to fight for Michael. You feel you should support the tracks that are authentic on the album. While these protesters feel they should not support the album at all, because they feel Sony (or whoever that's responsible) has also tampered too much with Michael's work.

Both passionate, just a different perspective on how to honour Michael's legacy.

People just needs to STOP! It's a matter of time before CNN and HLN picks it up and you know how there 'GUEST PANELS" are going to talk about the album, then rip on Michael and bring up past events of things that are NOT relevant to the Album and slander the man yet again.

Becareful what you do and say in this day and age because others will feel the raft of it and I hate to say poor Mike is going to get the brunt of it and hes not here to defend himself.

This is getting ridiculous and very embarassing for MJ. ABC is one of the top news stations and this got to them. This is probably the first time in music history fans of a music artist embarassed the artist and ruined sales. Name a artist where this has happened?

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/entertainment&id=7844053

It's a local affiliate that shows ABC programing. It was not "ABC NEWS." That is exaggerated. It was the local news. So let's not blow this out of proportion.

As stated before, I guarantee they were laughing back at the studio.

Back