A Message from the Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley concert DVD Quality [Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. You just know some fans' response will be "I'm not paying for that quality! Now let me illegally download it instead."

I don't think that's the intention of all fans who want to 'boycott'...Some fans just care more about quality than others, and some don't wanna put money down when the quality isn't up to snuff....

I don't think that's the intention of all fans who want to 'boycott'...Some fans just care more about quality than others, and some don't wanna put money down when the quality isn't up to snuff....

But all those who will not buy will enjoy the concert illegally anyway. - I do not believe any fan will NOT see the Wembley concert - even if quality is not HD.

But all those who will not buy will enjoy the concert illegally anyway. - I do not believe any fan will NOT see the Wembley concert - even if quality is not HD.

Possibly....But the motivation of some fans is because they don't agree with spending money on subpar stuff...That's what I was trying to say...

Possibly....But the motivation of some fans is because they don't agree with spending money on subpar stuff...That's what I was trying to say...

Yeah, I do see the point. But I just feel it's like walking into a restaurant, getting the meal, tasting it, but not really like it very much - anyway eating it ALL - and then refuses to pay for the food - because really it wasn't that good! ?

I'm still gonna enjoy the DVD even if the quality isn't HD. I'm gonna ask my dad to pre-order the Deluxe edition, that he, my mom and my brother will pay each $50 and I will pay the rest including shipping for my birthday, even though I'll be getting it late,

Yeah, I do see the point. But I just feel it's like walking into a restaurant, getting the meal, tasting it, but not really like it very much - anyway eating it ALL - and then refuses to pay for the food - because really it wasn't that good! ?

Yeah, I see your point too...*shrugs*, I'm not one of those fans anyway, I've preordered months ago lol

It's inevitable - people will illegally download it...Nothing we can do...

Yeah, I see your point too...*shrugs*, I'm not one of those fans anyway, I've preordered months ago lol

:)

I've preordered too. - But some fans will not buy/support the concert but they will see it anyway - and enjoy it.

On the other hand I do understand why some do not want to support the idea of SONY releasing poor MJ material. - They want to make a statement to SONY that they need to release good quality. "MJ fans will not buy everything with MJ's name on it if they quality is not good!"

It's a difficult matter. - I am just one of them supporting the release and hope it sells well - that will maybe make them release more concerts!

If Wembley DVD sells poor - why would they release another concert? They are a buisness, not a charity group formed to please MJ fans! :)

:)

I've preordered too. - But some fans will not buy/support the concert but they will see it anyway - and enjoy it.

On the other hand I do understand why some do not want to support the idea of SONY releasing poor MJ material. - They want to make a statement to SONY that they need to release good quality. "MJ fans will not buy everything with MJ's name on it if they quality is not good!"

It's a difficult matter. - I am just one of them supporting the release and hope it sells well - that will maybe make them release more concerts!

If Wembley DVD sells poor - why would they release another concert? They are a buisness, not a charity group formed to please MJ fans! :)

So far, I haven't seen any fan who plans to boycott the Bad 25 release. Some fans are more enthusiastic. Some are more reserved. Some are okay with less than HD standard. Some are more demanding. I don't think it's problematic or negative at all. It's different people with different attitudes.

Being greedy is not a characteristic I associate with MJ fans. If fans ileegally downloaded the DVD but find themselves thoroughly enjoy it and are satisfied with the quality, I think most will be willing to pay for an official copy. I totally agree what you said about fans not willing to pay for whatever Sony release just because the product has the name Michael Jackson on it. We all want quality product. Michael's hard work and legacy derserve the best, not mediocracy.

I think the portrayal of fans who don't want to buy Bad 25 for their own reasons as fans who are selfish and unreasonable to be harsh and unfair. Fans can support Michael in many ways, spending money on a Sony/Estate release is far from the only way.

With the above said, I do wish Bad 25 to be a great success. I hope the "NASA restoration" can work magic and restore the tape to a DVD presentable way, so it can satisfy most people's viewing standard.

People will be against the release like normal, it'll be $ony this, or $ony that. Like normal. Why the use of dollar signs to think they're making a point I'll never know.

I'd say 99% of fans on this board will buy Bad 25. I've been critical of it. I think it could be a lot better, but it's still good and a must buy. This isn't like the 'Michael' album at all.

I have every version preordered: deluxe 3cd and DVD, 2cd set, standalone DVD, deluxe case set from Sony and vinyl picture disc version. I will also get the Wal Mart and Target versions and I will download the iTunes lp. There might be a 180 gram 3 vinyl set too but that might just be a rumour. And let's not forget we have the new J5 compilation of unreleased tracks the same week too.

And I agree with Wildstyle. If it we the same as that situation then I wouldn't buy it at all. I don't think that situation will be repeated and it seems that they are trying to listen to what the consumers want a little more. After all, if they don't deliver on a product that would do Michael proud then a lot of us won't buy it. I think Bad 25 will do Michael proud.

I doubt there will be any boycotting...It's totally not the same situation at all and it's a little sad that some people can't see the difference there...It's a shame when we're all thrown into the same basket when it comes to releases...Just cuz the Michael album sucked and the promotion was crap doesn't mean I'm gonna go and boycott everything and act completely irrationally when it comes to every single release...I was concerned about the quality of this concert, and we all have rights to raise concerns or else we'd continue to get crap releases....

If none of the people who are skeptical of the Estate's products raised any concerns about releases and just never bothered to support them, then I'd be worried...Cuz then, to me, it shows that some fans are becoming completely indifferent to any posthumous projects...At least we discussed it, raised our concerns, and showed that we are truly excited about this release. It's just that we want to be extra sure that we're getting the best quality that we can get and it's what Michael deserves...

Enough of the negativity already....Some people are just stepping back a little, being a little more careful about these releases because, well, they haven't given us much reason to be completely optimistic....

It would be lolarious if they got so much criticism once it comes out over the the quality, that at some point down the road they release another show.
MSG...L.A. '89...yokohama :D

oh, and why the hell would any one boycott this? The reality is that the second this is released, it will be on youtube, so people can check the quality there.

There's a reason I used said 'boycotting' with those things however you call them. I know there's no boycott being planned and I understand the concerns regarding posthumous releases.

With my post all I did was reflecting my thought. I read a couple of posts of people who are not gonna buy it if the quality doesn't match their standards (nothing against that because is not of my business) and I just thoought how easy is that cause now you can just download it ilegally and enjoy it just as much as I will paaying for the RIGHT to watch it. I just said it wuld be fair that if they don't wanna buy it, they couldn't own it.

Hess explained it perfectly with his restaurant analogy

Ive pre ordered the deluxe version and Im hoping they release a completely restored snippet of the concert soon.

So far, I haven't seen any fan who plans to boycott the Bad 25 release. Some fans are more enthusiastic. Some are more reserved. Some are okay with less than HD standard. Some are more demanding. I don't think it's problematic or negative at all. It's different people with different attitudes.

Being greedy is not a characteristic I associate with MJ fans. If fans ileegally downloaded the DVD but find themselves thoroughly enjoy it and are satisfied with the quality, I think most will be willing to pay for an official copy. I totally agree what you said about fans not willing to pay for whatever Sony release just because the product has the name Michael Jackson on it. We all want quality product. Michael's hard work and legacy derserve the best, not mediocracy.

I think the portrayal of fans who don't want to buy Bad 25 for their own reasons as fans who are selfish and unreasonable to be harsh and unfair. Fans can support Michael in many ways, spending money on a Sony/Estate release is far from the only way.

With the above said, I do wish Bad 25 to be a great success. I hope the "NASA restoration" can work magic and restore the tape to a DVD presentable way, so it can satisfy most people's viewing standard.

I never meant to insult fans or call anyone greedy, selfish, unreasonable or anything like that.
I too think MJ fans are loving people and not greedy (we have bought more than most other fans!)

And I too hope BAD25 will be a success and more than anything I hope the restoration of an old VHS will do magic and be great quality!

I ordered the 3CD + 1 DVD version. The $34.99 I paid for 3 Cd's, 1 DVD and 2 booklets is a fair price in my book and you won't see me complaining about the Pitbull Remix that I didn't like or the DVD quality. I would simply skip - not watch if something is not up to my liking.

Although I would like the tshirt, Walmart only giving out Large size which is useless to me as Small size. Target's videos DVD is probably coming from Vision so that's not on my list either. I would like to get the $199 Case but honestly in my mind currently it's not worth it. If they put more stuff on it, I might buy it later on but I won't be pre-ordering that one.

So you're Ok missing out on the T shirt? And what if the Deluxe version indeed has another concert (unlikely).

US fans: Is it better to go to the store (Walmart) and get it on the first day than Amazon who require you to pay extra for same day delivery?

I never meant to insult fans or call anyone greedy, selfish, unreasonable or anything like that.
I too think MJ fans are loving people and not greedy (we have bought more than most other fans!)

And I too hope BAD25 will be a success and more than anything I hope the restoration of an old VHS will do magic and be great quality!

No, I didn't mean your post implied that fans are greedy and selfish. I quoted your post because I like what you said about fans desire quality release and would not pay for crappy stuff. Sorry to cause any confusion. :huggy:

I believe no fan here would want anything that bears Michael's name to fail. We wish and hope for success. At the same time, we feel it's important to be honest and raise concerns. I would not jump and scream just because it's an official release. That doesn't mean I don't support Michael.

All that we're asking for is an actual trailer that's it I mean I don't know how hard it is to release one at all I hope we get one within the next two weeks

I doubt there will be any boycotting...It's totally not the same situation at all and it's a little sad that some people can't see the difference there...It's a shame when we're all thrown into the same basket when it comes to releases...Just cuz the Michael album sucked and the promotion was crap doesn't mean I'm gonna go and boycott everything and act completely irrationally when it comes to every single release...I was concerned about the quality of this concert, and we all have rights to raise concerns or else we'd continue to get crap releases....

Actually we are lucky that MJJC members are a lot more reasonable bunch than the rest of some fans on other mediums. Here we are seeing people pre-ordering stuff even they might have unfavorable views of previous projects and we have some people that are willing to buy some of the releases such as 2 CD even though they might not buy the DVD. So again this place is a very balanced and rational environment. Therefore I have absolutely no issues with voicing concerns , demanding quality and waiting before committing to purchase. As long as we don't condone releases automatically with no information and fair evaluation, it's all good.

That being said when you actually look to twitter and such you'll find a group of people that's refusing to buy anything and everything coming from Estate and no their reasoning isn't about the Michael album or the cascio songs. Most of those are Anti- Estate, Anti- Sony, Anti-Branca people that will not buy anything as long as these parties are involved in the Estate. Their position isn't based on general concerns or quality demands or authenticity issues. And yeah I have seen these groups not trying a boycott but kinda try to convince people not to buy and play the blame card (you should be ashamed that you are supporting the evil forces that killed Michael).

All that we're asking for is an actual trailer that's it I mean I don't know how hard it is to release one at all I hope we get one within the next two weeks

When I asked after the first Bad 25 news and the first concerns, I was told that Estate had plans to release several stuff to address the quality issue on due time. I'm sure we'll get a trailer but we don't know when. It could be soon or it could be right before or on the release date. We'll wait and see I guess.

----------------

Also seen this ?

Actors: Michael Jackson
Directors: Various
Format: Color, NTSC
Language: English
Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)
Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
Number of discs: 1
Rated: NR (Not Rated)
Studio: Sony Legacy
DVD Release Date: September 18, 2012
Run Time: 135 minutes

That being said when you actually look to twitter and such you'll find a group of people that's refusing to buy anything and everything coming from Estate and no their reasoning isn't about the Michael album or the cascio songs. Most of those are Anti- Estate, Anti- Sony, Anti-Branca people that will not buy anything as long as these parties are involved in the Estate. Their position isn't based on general concerns or quality demands or authenticity issues. And yeah I have seen these groups not trying a boycott but kinda try to convince people not to buy and play the blame card (you should be ashamed that you are supporting the evil forces that killed Michael).

To be blunt, those people are just idiots lol.

tumblr_m938mrbeir1qdl5f4o1_250.gif

@ivy...I know what you mean about those who completely anti-Estate...that's why I cringe whenever I see some fans condemned who express any type of healthy, justified concern over some aspects of the releases....we're not all like that...It's very exasperating to have to constantly justify why we don't jump up and down in excitement for each and every product with Michael's name attached to it...

@ivy...I know what you mean about those who completely anti-Estate...that's why I cringe whenever I see some fans condemned who express any type of healthy, justified concern over some aspects of the releases....we're not all like that...It's very exasperating to have to constantly justify why we don't jump up and down in excitement for each and every product with Michael's name attached to it...

well as I said as long as there's a balance , a rational thought process and a fair evaluation it's all fine. In this thread the initial issue was that perhaps people were rushing to conclusions too quickly with little to no information. However I believed the concerns to be legit and that's what promoted me to seek more information. In less than a month we will be giving our verdict about the end product.

I also have to say that it's equally exasperating that the opposite group (the excitement group) is sometimes portrayed like a group of people that doesn't care for quality of legacy. Just because other people have a different approach doesn't make them less of a fan or doesn't mean that they care less.

-----------------------

unrelated note : didn't anyone make a gif of that move Michael did from the LA clip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back