A Message from the Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley concert DVD Quality [Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
He thrilled me when I saw him in This is It and that was just rehearsals lol. When Michael dances it's like you forget other people are in the room with him.

Michael may not of had the engergy he had back in the Bad/Dangerous era but he was still a matchless performer and no-one has close to equalling his talent

Yes, even in TII, not giving his all...You can see those precise, smooth fluid movements, those movements that even young, energetic dancers just can't seem to match....Those movements you see in him even when he's simply walking around....Those things had never changed in his dancing...

Yes, even in TII, not giving his all...You can see those precise, smooth fluid movements, those movements that even young, energetic dancers just can't seem to match....Those movements you see in him even when he's simply walking around....Those things had never changed in his dancing...

Correct!!

Michael was gorgeous in the BAD era (well, he always was, but you know what I mean)...just something about him :wub:

FFS. Can we not talk about Batten being a bitch, MJ 'changing' himself for Dangerous etc?!? What's so hard about the fact we're getting a full live concert. 5/6 unreleased songs. Why can't we be excited and be focused on that? Why talk about silly, irrelevant things? This thread is about the DVD. A full pro 2nd leg show? We've been crying out for this for years! Finally it comes, and people are more interested in what Batten has to say for herself, or how he changed himself?!?! I'm done y'all. I'm off to enjoy Bad 25.

Oh God, I hope one day be possible to please ALL fans of Michael. :unsure: Praying for this... :pray:

Bad Tour is perfect from beginning to end :woohoo:, is all I can say. :shifty:
popcorn-MJ.gif

Oh God, I hope one day be possible to please ALL fans of Michael. :unsure: Praying for this... :pray:

Bad Tour is perfect from beginning to end :woohoo:, is all I can say. :shifty:
popcorn-MJ.gif

Oh wouldn't that be something? *dreams* :yes::yes:

Ok... But how about a trailer finally?? I think it should be about time -_-

I suspect they won't give us a trailer until right before the release, because the quality might look shit and people will be disappointed and cancel pre-order. It's just a thought.

I suspect they won't give us a trailer until right before the release, because the quality might look shit and people will be disappointed and cancel pre-order. It's just a thought.

Did you even pre-order? I'm assuming people critical of the Estate hasn't ordered anything and is waiting to see trailers and such before they order or not.

Did you even pre-order? I'm assuming people critical of the Estate hasn't ordered anything and is waiting to see trailers and such before they order or not.
No, I didn't, with good reason.

But knowing MJ fans, tons of them have already pre-ordered, believing that the "NASA restoration" will magically restore the very bad VHS source quality version of this concert and that the teaser we got is nothing compared to what we are getting.

Why? It's possible for people to expect poor quality video, criticise the estate and pre-order before trailers are released. They can cancel the order if it's too bad.
I for one am expecting low quality and have ordered it. I'm not overly critical of the estate though because I understand the compromise they had to make (i.e. this is the concert with multitrack audio for live CD and would be most interesting due to the royal connection) at the expense of video quality. If anybody's to blame it's MJ for not thinking ahead, not securing the rights to high quality footage (like other 80s artists/bands did) and for not caring for the footage he had properly. That is why we're waiting for a sub-VHS quality release not BluRay like other artists have been releasing.

But knowing MJ fans, tons of them have already pre-ordered, believing that the "NASA restoration" will magically restore the very bad VHS source quality version of this concert and that the teaser we got is nothing compared to what we are getting.

I'm with you.
If the quality is fantastic as Jennifer Batten said then this product has not come from the snippet they released. It would be impossible to create great footage from that. I've always believed they would have released a better quality clip if they had it. They didn't, and that says it all really.

It's not like Jennifer would go out on Twitter and say "the quality was bad, but the performance was great!"

By saying it's not "HD", I take it as "yeah, it doesn't look so good, but... (it's MJ, it's live).

I have pre-ordered it and I don't expect great quality. I'm so excited that we are even getting the Wembley dvd. I hope the quality will be great but I will enjoy watching it even in VHS quality.

See I didn't understand the negativity when you didn't even pre-ordered.

Yeah I have pre-ordered but I won't be cancelling my order even though the quality turns out to be the most crappiest thing.

Plus I don't know about your country but in USA for example in Amazon and Walmart and such you can return items for refund up to 30 days. So withholding the trailer would not overcome the issue of the returns.

Good for you :) I for one will not support the DVD if it looks like what I am expecting it to be. I'm through with giving them money for half baked products.

I will gladly buy the LIVE CD if you can buy it separately.

I'm buying the DVD despite what it looks like. As long as it's clear enough for me to enjoy it, I have no problem. And to my knowledge, everything but the live CD is available separately.

I actually haven't preordered yet. I'm 99% sure I will buy the 3CDs/DVD package. But, I want to hear reviews on the live CD and DVD first before placing my order. I hope the reviews are going to be good.

I'm excited about Bad 25, but this time around, I'm not rushing to place an order.

I sent an email to the company who released the LA Bad tour clip and asked some questions about the footage. Here is their response:

Can you provide more information about the footage of Michael Jackson's last concert that you posted on your website? How you came to own the footage?

We obtained the footage from Michael Jackson’s concert from CBS. It was part of a news program/special and we were able to access it through their archives. CBS owns the copyright but we have the rights to license the footage with approval from CBS.

Thanks for your answer. I have just one more question: Does CBS have the full concert or just this 12 minutes footage?

CBS is only going to have what they covered and shot for this news special/program. We handle all licensing for the CBS so we know they do not have access to the full concert.

They also said:

Just another side note. This aired as part of a CBS program but the specific footage of his performance will be Sony Entertainment’s copyright because they actually shot the footage, not CBS. Hope that clarifies!

I haven't preordered because there are different options available from Walmart, Target, the official site etc. and I want to make sure I get the best package.

I really want a T shirt. But I'm not spending $199. I also want the Live CD and the DVD. I don't want to buy the same stuff twice.

I will enjoy the DVD with my wife and MJ's pepsi cans. It will be a big event. I'll be Ok if the quality is reasonable.

I have pre-ordered the the Deluxe edition - and also the BAD25 cd alone, and the DVD alone.

Even if the quality is as bad as in the clip we've seen I will still treasure it. - I've been waiting for Wembley to be released for soo many years. I was of course hoping for a crystal clear HD Blu-Ray release, but even if we only get a VHS rip on DVD it will be a dream come true for me. - And I am not going to let picture quality destroy my exitement.

I can't wait for this concert - I am getting more unpatient every day!!

Nathy MJ;3693657 said:
I sent an email to the company who released the LA Bad tour clip and asked some questions about the footage. Here is their response:

Can you provide more information about the footage of Michael Jackson's last concert that you posted on your website? How you came to own the footage?

We obtained the footage from Michael Jackson’s concert from CBS. It was part of a news program/special and we were able to access it through their archives. CBS owns the copyright but we have the rights to license the footage with approval from CBS.

Thanks for your answer. I have just one more question: Does CBS have the full concert or just this 12 minutes footage?

CBS is only going to have what they covered and shot for this news special/program. We handle all licensing for the CBS so we know they do not have access to the full concert.

They also said:

Just another side note. This aired as part of a CBS program but the specific footage of his performance will be Sony Entertainment’s copyright because they actually shot the footage, not CBS. Hope that clarifies!

Wow, great info! Thank you so much for contacting them and letting us know about their response.

I haven't preordered because there are different options available from Walmart, Target, the official site etc. and I want to make sure I get the best package.

I really want a T shirt. But I'm not spending $199. I also want the Live CD and the DVD. I don't want to buy the same stuff twice.

I will enjoy the DVD with my wife and MJ's pepsi cans. It will be a big event. I'll be Ok if the quality is reasonable.

I ordered the 3CD + 1 DVD version. The $34.99 I paid for 3 Cd's, 1 DVD and 2 booklets is a fair price in my book and you won't see me complaining about the Pitbull Remix that I didn't like or the DVD quality. I would simply skip - not watch if something is not up to my liking.

Although I would like the tshirt, Walmart only giving out Large size which is useless to me as Small size. Target's videos DVD is probably coming from Vision so that's not on my list either. I would like to get the $199 Case but honestly in my mind currently it's not worth it. If they put more stuff on it, I might buy it later on but I won't be pre-ordering that one.

It would be fair if piracy wouldn't exist so the ones 'boycotting' couldnt watch it for free at the expenses of the Estate's investments and people who actually cared buying it.

Last edited:
Now i'm curious about the quality, seeing the comment from Jennifer Batten: "Not HD but otherwise fantastic, Gr8 (Great) editing (Restoring) Work!"

Maybe it's gonna be like Yokohama '87 DVD? However, I will buy anyway.

Now i'm curious about the quality, seeing the comment from Jennifer Batten: "Not HD but otherwise fantastic, Gr8 (Great) editing (Restoring) Work!"

Maybe it's gonna be like Yokohama '87 DVD? However, I will buy anyway.

If it is the same quality as Yokohama I will be very pleased!

It would be fair if piracy wouldn't exist so the ones 'boycotting' couldnt watch it for free at the expenses of the Estate's investments and people who actually cared buying it.

I agree. You just know some fans' response will be "I'm not paying for that quality! Now let me illegally download it instead."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back