4/23/09 News & Mentionings: Mike's Driver "MAY" have been involved in a hit and run

Re: Mike's Driver "MAY" have been involved in a hit and run

This is posted on Drudge this morning. Its LA news but same reporter.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/entertainment/*****-Flees-in-SUV-After-Crash-With-Ambulance-EMT.html

***** Flees in SUV After Crash With Ambulance: EMT

Man snaps photos allegedly showing King of Pop entering vehicle

By JACK NOYES, OLSEN EBRIGHT, ANDREW GREINER and HASANI GITTENS

Updated 7:45 AM PDT, Thu, Apr 23, 2009

Related Topics: Jamin Mauro

An emergency medical technician says his photos allegedly show the King of Pop entering an SUV after a collision.

King of pop Michael Jackson may have been involved in a bizarre hit-and-run collision with an ambulance in Beverly Hills on Wednesday afternoon, a medic said Wednesday.

EMT Say King of Pop Fled in SUV

Watch VideoEMT Jamin Mauro says Michael Jackson got in an SUV that fled the scene of a collision.
EMT Shows Alleged Jackson Photos

Watch VideoEMT Jamin Mauro shows photos he took at the scene of a collision.
April 22, 2009: EMT Takes Photos After Crash
View SlideshowSee photos allegedly showing Michael Jackson entering a vehicle that hit an ambulance, according to an EMT.
See The Stuff Michael Jackson Doesn't Want You to Buy
View SlideshowTake a look at the King of Pop's stuff set on display at Julien's Auctions.
Emergency medical technician Jamin Mauro and his partner were idling outside Cedars-Sinai hospital when a black Cadillac Escalade plowed into their vehicle, sideswiping the ambulance and knocking a mirror off the emergency vehicle. The driver then hopped out of the vehicle with an umbrella, walked to the hospital doors and met Jackson, Mauro said.

"We were hit by the Escalade, and I was taking pictures for my company insurance," Mauro said. "About 30 seconds after, Jackson walked out of a medical building. He jumped into the Escalade and they sped off."

Mauro said a nurse confirmed that Jackson had been in the building. The EMT said that the man resembled the pop star and he believed his photos could confirm that.

The pop star may have been in town for a public exhibition conducted by Julien's Auctions. Items being presented range from his "iconic white-jeweled glove to the grandiose entry gates to Neverland Ranch," according to juliensauctions.com.

The Beverly Hills Police Department issued a statement concerning the collision. The statement did not contain any mention of Jackson, but noted that paparazzi had been following the Escalade at the time of the collision.

"The suspect's vehicle, a dark colored SUV, struck a parked vehicle causing moderate damage to the victim's vehicle. The suspect's vehicle was being followed by a group of paparazzi at the time of the collision," according to the statement.

Mauro said he and his partner were banged up in the crash, but more upset that the driver of the Escalade did not take the time to exchange information before driving off.

Mauro, who did not ask for compensation for his photos, added that he was unsure why the driver ignored the EMTs.

"I don't know if Jackson told him to leave or not," Mauro said. "But they should have stayed."

Messges left for one Jackson publicist were unreturned. Dr. Tohme Tohme, who also reps for *****, said he had no knowledge of the incident. A call to the star's lawyer, Londell McMillan, of The McMillan Firm in New York was answered by a man who said they do not comment on such issues.

talk about OTT B.S here comes the lawsuit. clipping a wing mirror is hardly an major accident

Re: 4/23/09 News & Mentionings: Mike's Driver "MAY" have been involved in a hit and run

yep, there's only one Cadillac Escalade Black SUV in production, today.

Re: 4/23/09 News & Mentionings: Mike's Driver "MAY" have been involved in a hit and run

I've made this the News & Mentionings thread. Thank you VStreet and Eternitys_Child for the news.

He appears to not even have been in the car, but they're already implying he is to blame. Ugh.

I don't believe this fellow is being truthful.

If you look at the video (part 1), towards the end, you can clearly see that BOTH mirrors are still in place. He said that one of the mirrors was RIPPED off.

He also said that MJ came quickly out of the building, the video shows that it took a while for MJ to come out of that building.

You can see him taking pictures when MJ comes out of the building, but you don't see or hear him trying to get the driver's attention like he stated.

Also, how come none of the Paparazzi noticed anything. If they were in hot pursuit of MJ's SUV, shouldn't they have noticed the "accident".

he's protesting too much as to why he's taking pics. u know damn well he's just another pap, disguised as an ambulance driver. dude needs to do his job man..lol...after he gets finished being as fascinated with MJ as everyone else. and the article says he's expected to visit the emergency room...has he?

I've made this the News & Mentionings thread. Thank you VStreet and Eternitys_Child for the news.

Well Summer is making some good points in the picture thread saying if you watch the video the ambulance arrives after the SUV. We will just have to wait to find out if its a valid clain. Good thing vstreet posted it as 'MAY have'.

I just saw TMZ (being surprisingly carefull and using the word alledged) spoke to the 'ambulence' driver. I don't think we are allowed to post it here but I am wondering if MIchael's drivers drop him off and leave and then come back when Michael is ready to be picked up. Would that explain the discrepancies? It is odd that someone would report this if it isn't true but dang, you have 2 people saying they have stiff necks. The worlds biggest injury boondoggle.

Last edited:

I saw the video footage. The Escalade would have been messed up too on one side if this guy was telling the truth. And the ambulance in the footage, (unless, like someone mentioned in the other thread, there's another one behind it that's battered) still has both mirrors (when the EMT says that one mirror was knocked off) and the ambulance doesn't show up until Michael is just ducking his head to get in the car. The guy also claims that he and his partner were "banged up", yet the police statement says no injuries were reported. Why would they say something like that if these guys said they got hurt? I don't hear anybody yelling anything about the ambulance being hit either as this guy claims. With all those pap mics, you'd hear everything, especially if somebody was yelling. Also the police report says that the SUV was being followed by a "group of paparazzi at the time of the collision". So as someone also said in the other thread, anybody in that "group" would have gotten the entire thing on film. This is ridiculous.

Last edited:

I saw the video footage. The Escalade would have been messed up too on one side if this guy was telling the truth. And the ambulance in the footage, (unless, like someone mentioned in the other thread, there's another one behind it that's battered) still has both mirrors (when the EMT says that one mirror was knocked off) and the ambulance doesn't show up until Michael is just ducking his head to get in the car. The guy also claims that he and his partner were "banged up", yet the police statement says no injuries were reported. Why would they say something like that if these guys said they got hurt? I don't hear anybody yelling anything about the ambulance being hit either as this guy claims. With all those pap mics, you'd hear everything, especially if somebody was yelling. This is ridiculous.

Well the one article I read says the ambulence was in an alley and the driver and partner were eating their lunch. Perhaps they drive from the alley to their other location after they were hit. And people ofter file whiplash claims after the fact. The article I read says Michael's rep says his is not injured. TMZ makes out like that makes no sense because Michael wasn't in the casr, but if you take my scenario it does because he would have been in the car when they first dropped him off.

Yeah, if you look at the video, everything that the dude said about what supposedly happended doesn't add up. He said that MJ's car came speeding down, the driver jumped out and whisked MJ in and it all happened in about a minute. Where as in the video you see that MJ's car and the paparazzi is standing in position for AGES...with no ambulance ANYWHERE near in sight. You only see the ambulance WAY later. Also that guy said that he was "taking pictures for insurance purpouses" (uhm...right!) and that he was then yelling at MJ's driver to get his attention but the driver just "ignored him". If you look at the video, you see that guy taking snapshots of MJ with the paparazzi, and then once MJ is in the car, the paparazzi disappears and you see that guy no where either. If he was telling the truth about what had happened, he could have easily walked up to MJ's driver/bodyguard to say something ,but you see he's already left. Which means...MJ's bodyguard/driver ignored no one, because there was no one yelling at him. All you see that EMT dude do is take pictures like the rest of the paparazzi Also...he said that the car hit the ambulance so much it shook and he hit his head against the window and his partner hit his (the partner's own) elbow to his own head (meaning...not the EMT dude's head but to his OWN head). To make sure everyone understans what that means....try that at home. Try to hit yourself with your own elbow. I give anyone who manages to do that 100 dollars.:lol: But, let's say he just made a mistake and meant his partner hit HIM in the head with his elbow....Uhm...so his partner was eating his sandwich (because that's what he said they were doing when the car "hit them"...) with his elbow high up in the air? Because otherwise how does his elbows get so high he can hit that dude in the head? Unless the dude was eating HIS sandwich lying down. But how can he then hit his head to the window? Everything in his story contradicts what you see in the video and everyhing he says doesn't add up. All one needs to do is use common sense and you see there was NO accident whatsoever. The dude is lying. Also...with all that paparazzi out there with their cameras ready....don't you think they would have taken a photo of all that instantly?! The whole "accident" story is nothing but made up BS. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Wheres the video?

Well Summer is making some good points in the picture thread saying if you watch the video the ambulance arrives after the SUV. We will just have to wait to find out if its a valid clain. Good thing vstreet posted it as 'MAY have'.

I just saw TMZ (being surprisingly carefull and using the word alledged) spoke to the 'ambulence' driver. I don't think we are allowed to post it here but I am wondering if MIchael's drivers drop him off and leave and then come back when Michael is ready to be picked up. Would that explain the discrepancies? It is odd that someone would report this if it isn't true but dang, you have 2 people saying they have stiff necks. The worlds biggest injury boondoggle.

No because the ambulance has mirrors that are intact in the video when MJ leaves....

Yeah, if you look at the video, everything that the dude said about what supposedly happended doesn't add up. He said that MJ's car came speeding down, the driver jumped out and whisked MJ in and it all happened in about a minute. Where as in the video you see that MJ's car and the paparazzi is standing in position for AGES...with no ambulance ANYWHERE near in sight. You only see the ambulance WAY later. Also that guy said that he was "taking pictures for insurance purpouses" (uhm...right!) and that he was then yelling at MJ's driver to get his attention but the driver just "ignored him". If you look at the video, you see that guy taking snapshots of MJ with the paparazzi, and then once MJ is in the car, the paparazzi disappears and you see that guy no where either. If he was telling the truth about what had happened, he could have easily walked up to MJ's driver/bodyguard to say something ,but you see he's already left. Which means...MJ's bodyguard/driver ignored no one, because there was no one yelling at him. All you see that EMT dude do is take pictures like the rest of the paparazzi Also...he said that the car hit the ambulance so much it shook and he hit his head against the window and his partner hit his (the partner's own) elbow to his own head (meaning...not the EMT dude's head but to his OWN head). To make sure everyone understans what that means....try that at home. Try to hit yourself with your own elbow. I give anyone who manages to do that 100 dollars.:lol: But, let's say he just made a mistake and meant his partner hit HIM in the head with his elbow....Uhm...so his partner was eating his sandwich (because that's what he said they were doing when the car "hit them"...) with his elbow high up in the air? Because otherwise how does his elbows get so high he can hit that dude in the head? Unless the dude was eating HIS sandwich lying down. But how can he then hit his head to the window? Everything in his story contradicts what you see in the video and everyhing he says doesn't add up. All one needs to do is use common sense and you see there was NO accident whatsoever. The dude is lying. Also...with all that paparazzi out there with their cameras ready. Don't you think they would have taken a photo of all that instantly?! The whole "accident" story is nothing but made up BS. :rolleyes:

The TMZ article says that the medic hit both his head and elbow.

I added to my post Summer. Reread it. I gave a hypothetical explaination of what might have happened.

Wheres the video?

The video is posted in the thread with yesterday's pictures.

Part 1, towards the end. You can clearly see the ambulance and the guy in question. Plus all of the paparazzi who obviously didn't see anything either. LOL!

usually when i go to tmz to look for a MJ story, recently, i had to scroll down to find it, cus it was positive(even tho they still use the five letter word). this one is staying at the top, long enough till i get there. no surprise.

Post removed

Last edited:

It's strange. There are now several articles on it and they all say different things. Usually tabloids just copy each other.

There are also two colors of SUVs mentions. Blue and black.

MJ's main SUV is dark royal blue - it looks black at night w/ street lights.

(PS - looks like it still has NV tags too)

---

That ambulance directly behind MJ's SUV has perfect rear view mirrors...no damage

MJ's main SUV is dark royal blue - it looks black at night w/ street lights.

(PS - looks like it still has NV tags too)

---

That ambulance directly behind MJ's SUV has perfect rear view mirrors...no damage

Someone here said there were two ambulances and the second one was damaged. I haven't watched the clips myself.

Anyway.... here's some 'news/mentionings' - that don't involve the paps and their self promotion...
--------------------------

EMI, Sony/ATV Win Big At ASAP Pop Music Awards

By Ed Christman, N.Y

Stargate's Mikkel Eriksen and Tor Hermansen were named the songwriter of the year at the 26th Annual ASCAP Pop Music Awards, held tonight (April 22) at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel in Hollywood. "Bleeding Love," written by Jesse McCartney and Ryan Tedder, was named song of the year. The song is a hit for Leona Lewis.

The publisher of the year award was presented to both EMI Music Publishing and Sony/ATV Music Publishing, as both companies tied with 20 award-winning songs each.

Stargate, which also won the ASCAP songwriter of the year award in 2007, is responsible for penning six of the most performed songs of the past year: Chris Brown's "With You," Ne-Yo's "Closer" and "Miss Independent," Rihanna's "Don't Stop the Music" and "Take a Bow," and Jordin Sparks' "Tattoo."

The top five most performed songs of 2008 were "Apologize," written by Tedder; "Bleeding Love," written by McCartney and Tedder; "Love Song," written by Sara Bareilles; "Low," written by Flo-Rida; and "No One," written by Kerry "Krucial" Brothers, DJ Dirty Harry and Alicia Keys.

Many of the last night's winning songwriters were on hand to collect their awards, according to a press release, including multiple winners Lukasz "Dr. Luke" Gottwald, who received four awards; Terius "The Dream" Nash, Christopher "Tricky" Stewart and Tedder, who collected three awards each; Brothers, Stacy "Fergie" Ferguson, Andre Merritt, Jason Reeves, and Brian Kennedy Seals, who won two awards each; and Jimmy Jam, who won for "Bust It Baby (Part 2);" Quincy Jones for "Good Life;" Kardinal Offishall for "Dangerous;" Johntá Austin for "With You;" and Webbie for "Independent."

Downtown Music Publishing artist Santi White (aka Santigold) was honored with ASCAP's vanguard award, which recognizes the impact of musical genres that help shape the future of American music.

Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart were presented with ASCAP's Founders Award, which is given to songwriters who have made pioneering contribution to music and are considered influential.

Wyclef Jean was presented with ASCAP's creative voice award, which is a way to honor an ASCAP member or group whose significant career achievements are equally informed by their creative spirit and by their contributions to the role that a creator can play in their community. Wyclef founded Yéle Haiti in 2005 to provide aid and assistance to his native country of Haiti.

The complete list of winners is available at ascap.com.
http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3i2b46d200e6140dd0f6421aaf1b29c6db

Jade Goody to get ‘boozy farewell'

Hindustan Times - "We''re all going to have a big knees-up, dance to Michael Jackson - and hopefully we''ll all wake up the next day feeling very hung over. ...

Catching the Balmain bug

Telegraph.co.uk -
Now, even Michael Jackson and our own Kate Moss have caught the Balmain Bug - and have been providing exclusive previews of next autumn/winter's ...

Young Jeezy, T-Pain, Mary J. Blige Lead Hot 97 Summer Jam Lineup

MTV.com -
Past showstoppers included Jay-Z bringing out Michael Jackson; Alicia Keys parading out a host of hip-hop legends, including Public Enemy; and Rick Ross ...

********************​

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1983 - Michael Jackson's single "Beat It" hit #3 in the U.K.

1992 - FOX-TV premiered Michael Jackson's video for "In The Closet."

2001 - Janet Jackson's album "All For You" was released.

michael-animal2a.jpg

Last edited:

Someone here said there were two ambulances and the second one was damaged. I haven't watched the clips myself.
Doubt it. At least the guy who ran to the newspapers with the story can be seen taking pics of MJ at the background. So that ambulance right there can only be his. Which has nothing wrong with it's mirrors.

And I just read that guy now has said he has a "stiff neck" and needs to go to the doctor. Funny how there seemed to be nothing wrong with him while he was taking the pics, nor later on when he was talking to the news cameras. And in order for him to have a stiff neck a car would have needed to REALLY hit the car, not just scratch it. I mean, we are talking about an AMBULANCE here. They are pretty stable and big. Gosh, this whole story really PISSES ME OFF!! Michael PLEASE sue that guy's ass!!! PLEASE!!! Please don't let these people drag your name into the mud yet again!!! Please give all the leeches and gold diggers and liars a sign that if they try to mess with you, you WILL take action!!! Someone should stop this madness RIGHT NOW. This is ridiculous!!! ARGH! :ranting: It is SO OBVIOUS that guy is lying, it gets me PISSED OFF to read all this crap!! :rant:

stiff neck for having your mirrors clipped? yeah right. same ole s***

Talking about pics...even on the picture he took himself of his ambulance afterwards the mirror on the driver's side seems to be fine. Doesn't look like it's hanging at all. What an idiot! :rolleyes:

Just caught a look at the pics of the ambulance... TMZ has them. They show scratches on the side (that frankly look like the driver got to close to a guardrail) and the mirror in question (which looks like the guy detached it himself) TMZ said "...it's hanging by a thread" when acutally it's a cord that looks to be about as thick as your average household extension cord. Here's my theory... Dude and his partner were eating lunch and noticed a crowd of paparazzi chasing the Escalade, waited to see who it was, saw it was MJ and decided to snap the mirror off and make up some BS to try to get paid.

I have to say, I've had an incident where my mirror got clipped by a car going 50 miles an hour, at the time i was driving a little Oldsmobile (a heck of a lot lighter than an ambulance) and no... i didn't have whiplash afterwards...

And I agree with everyone else.. Dude's neck was just fine while he was standing there taking pics with the rest of 'em...

Guys the paparazzi's own behavior is contradicting that person's story.

There is no way the paparazzi would have been acting that calm while waiting for MJ to exit the building if something like what that person is saying had actually happened. Not only were the paparazzi acting totally calm while waiting for MJ, but they were also calmly saying hi to him as he was getting into the SUV.

Think about what the paparazzi would have been acting like if there had actually been such an incident with them being right where it had happened.

You guys know they would have taken numerous pictures of the SUV, numerous pictures of the damaged ambulance, numerous pictures of the so-called injured ambulance personnel, numerous pictures of the person that drives MJ's SUV and a totally insane number of pictures of MJ the second he came out of the building.

They would have been all over MJ like a swarm of bees just to stress him out about it and then they would have been trying to capture him on film with the look of distress so they could put all of it together and milk the story for everything they felt it was worth.

It would have been all over the place like crazy just like the time that Britney drove with her baby on her lap.

Y'all know something like this would have been completely sensationalized. But, since the only thing we're seeing are a bunch of conflicting writeups that don't even make sense it is clearly fabricated.

This is a whole bunch of nothing. lol

edit..........................

Last edited:
Back