2009/10 NFL Playoffs

I wouldn't say our Chargers is the laughingstock of the NFL. How many years have we been AFC Champs in recent history? The Broncos started 6-0 and still managed to duck and dodge a playoff appearance. Tom Brady is watching it from his couch because he couldn't even get past the wildcards and Eli is watching his big brother to learn a lesson on how it should be done. Hell yes, I'm pissed that my Chargers lost too, I was at the game and it was heartbreaking. But u know what pissed me off even more? Those so-called fans who started leaving early and taking off their jerseys. True fans my ass. I didn't know there were so many Chargers fans until LT showed up. I bleed blue and gold.

I have nothing to say about Nate Kaeding though. -_-

How many times have we heard '' THE chargers have the best personel in the NFL.''? yet they continue to be an easy out in the playoffs. NATE KAEDING chokes bigtime every time he faces the JETS in the playoffs. The CHARGERS window of opportunity is closing rapidly. And it does not help that LT looks like he is done.

Little brother ELI has as many SUPER BOWL RINGS and SUPER BOWL MVP'S as big brother PEYTON. I am not comparing the brothers. I know PEYTON is way superior.

How many times have we heard '' THE chargers have the best personel in the NFL.''? yet they continue to be an easy out in the playoffs. NATE KAEDING chokes bigtime every time he faces the JETS in the playoffs. The CHARGERS window of opportunity is closing rapidly.

My CHARGERS's window of opportunity ain't closing rapidly....Rivers WILL get us there.

How many times have we heard '' THE chargers have the best personel in the NFL.''? yet they continue to be an easy out in the playoffs. NATE KAEDING chokes bigtime every time he faces the JETS in the playoffs. The CHARGERS window of opportunity is closing rapidly.

My CHARGERS's window of opportunity ain't closing rapidly....Rivers WILL get us there.

PHILIP RIVERS is an elite QB. He has to lift his play during the playoffs. The QB'S in his draft class are leaving him behind.

SUPER BOWL RINGS:
BIG BEN-2
ELI-1
RIVERS-0

PHILIP RIVERS is an elite QB. He has to lift his play during the playoffs. The QB'S in his draft class are leaving him behind.

SUPER BOWL RINGS:
BIG BEN-2
ELI-1
RIVERS-0

That he is :cheeky: He will get a Super Bowl ring and I'm hoping that my Chargers will get some good picks during the draft. It's heartbreaking being a Chargers fan but the pain is only temporary.

Vikings or the Saints for this Sunday's game?!?

wow...lol...very little talk about the new york jets. lol

i think that all the right teams are in the playoffs right now..even the surprise team. the jets. they look like teams that don't beat themselves..so, it makes for some grueling matches...possibly better than the super bowl, itself.

all this has not really relieved my depression concerning the Michael Jackson situation, but it has been a small distraction...

i think that all the right teams are in the playoffs right now..even the surprise team. the jets. they look like teams that don't beat themselves..so, it makes for some grueling matches...possibly better than the super bowl, itself.

all this has not really relieved my depression concerning the Michael Jackson situation, but it has been a small distraction...

I feel you on that but we gotta keep going right? I know it's hard but let's all hope that Michael will get the justice he so rightly deserves.

That he is :cheeky: He will get a Super Bowl ring and I'm hoping that my Chargers will get some good picks during the draft. It's heartbreaking being a Chargers fan but the pain is only temporary.

Vikings or the Saints for this Sunday's game?!?

The CHARGERS are a damn good football team.! Every one picked them to be in MIAMI for the SUPER BOWL.They should have easily beaten the JETS . Many think the missing piece for the CHARGERS, is the right HEAD COACH. Hang in there.!

I am on record rooting for BRET FAVRE and the vikings. I can swallow the JETS losing to the COLTS, because i love watching PEYTON play. PEYTON VS FAVRE is a DREAM matchup.!

Not gloating. Here in NY i am use to rough and tough sports talk. Battle tough from the wars in BASEBALL with METS and REDSOX FANS, and FOOTBALL COW BOYS, PATRIOTS and DOLPHINS fans.

The CHARGERS are a damn good football team.! Every one picked them to be in MIAMI for the SUPER BOWL.They should have easily beaten the JETS . Many think the missing piece for the CHARGERS, is the right HEAD COACH. Hang in there.!

I am on record rooting for BRET FAVRE and the vikings. I can swallow the JETS losing to the COLTS, because i love watching PEYTON play. PEYTON VS FAVRE is a DREAM matchup.!

Not gloating. Here in NY i am use to rough and tough sports talk. Battle tough from the wars in BASEBALL with METS and REDSOX FANS, and FOOTBALL COW BOYS, PATRIOTS and DOLPHINS fans.

yeah, i hear about that new york rough media way over here in los angeles. it's a battle between them and philly

Sports saved me! It helps me cope.! Sports is where i go to escape negative wall to wall coverage of MJ.

Sports saved me! It helps me cope.! Sports is where i go to escape negative wall to wall coverage of MJ.

Same here! I got tired of checking the negative news about MJ so I'm laying low for now. I'm glad there's another female representin' in this thread though for sure!! :punk: Where are the other female sports fans at??

Same here! I got tired of checking the negative news about MJ so I'm laying low for now. I'm glad there's another female representin' in this thread though for sure!! :punk: Where are the other female sports fans at??

Female sports fan over here! :punk:Yeah about sports helping me through the grieving process, thank goodness for the Saints doing so well! Go Saints!

i don't know if this was posted..too lazy to look..lol..but Prince wrote a new song for the Vikings. i should've known that he wouldn't make it available, for me to listen to what it sounds like. lol

Music News

Prince_150.jpg
© AP
Prince
More photos

Prince pens tune about Minnesota Vikings
Jan. 22, 2010, 1:32 PM EST
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Prince has recorded a purple-tinted tribute to the Minnesota Vikings.
The "Purple Rain" superstar told Fox affiliate KMSP-TV that he penned "Purple and Gold" after he saw the Vikings beat Dallas at the Metrodome last weekend. Prince told the station he hadn't seen the team play in years until this season.
The Vikings play the Saints in New Orleans on Sunday in the NFC championship game.
The hymn-like Vikings song from the Minnesota rocker includes the lyrics, "Raise every voice and let it b' known/in the name of the purple and gold."
Wide receiver Bernard Berrian thanked Prince for the song on his Twitter page

According to the NFL Network, the Vikings have won 8 of their last 9 games against the Saints....I'm liking the Vikings odds even moreso

SKOL VIKINGS!

I heard a clip of Prince's Vikings song. That Prince song is just... :lol: wow.

GO SAINTS! :D

I heard a clip of Prince's Vikings song. That Prince song is just... :lol: wow.

GO SAINTS! :D

where did you hear it?

edit: nvr mnd...i heard it, just now. when prince wants u to know where a song ends, he makes no bones about it.

for that matter, a career, too.

Last edited:
Female sports fan over here! :punk:Yeah about sports helping me through the grieving process, thank goodness for the Saints doing so well! Go Saints!

Oh yeah. Sports have DEFINITELY helped me through the grieving process as well. :D Man, I love football! :punk:

How many times have we heard '' THE chargers have the best personel in the NFL.''? yet they continue to be an easy out in the playoffs. NATE KAEDING chokes bigtime every time he faces the JETS in the playoffs. The CHARGERS window of opportunity is closing rapidly. And it does not help that LT looks like he is done.

The Chargers window of opportunity is open as long as the Chargers want it to be. There DO need to be some changes on our team though. There's a few players on this team who I expect to be gone next year after the sh*tty plays I saw, but that's another story for another time.

Now, CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND! Good luck to all the remaining teams tomorrow. Who I would like to see in the Superbowl: Colts vs. Saints, with the Saints winning it all! :D

An interesting fact I learned this week: I didn't know the Vikings have been to the playoffs 24 times, but have never won the Superbowl. Who knows? This could be the Viking's year.

Whatever happens, this will be entertaining to watch!

Last edited:
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS! lol. Only the second time in my life they've made it this far (1st being 1998), so I'm quite excited for tomorrow's game! Actually most of my life they've been relatively crappy, had some tough losses, but hopefully the Rex Ryan era will erase that mostly forgettable history. I live in NJ, right next to NY, and the area is mostly Giants fans; it's always "Giants this, Giants that, Eli Manning, Giants' Superbowl (appearances)," blah blah blah; finally the Jets have generated some excitement!

J-E-T-S!!! JETS!! JETS!! JETS! defeating the COLTS for the second time this season. And shocking the world with an epic victory over iconic BRET FAVRE and the MINNESOTA VIKINGS.!!!!!!

No way the Jets defeat Minnesota. Vikings have 2 many weapons. Colts would have a better chance of beating the Vikings

I think I'll laugh my a** off if the Jets beat the Colts starters today after beating their back ups a few weeks ago.

I got my Brett Favre jersey on right now. Last time I wore it, we destroyed the Cowboys. Hopefully HIStory repeats itself tonight.

Back