2009/10 NFL Playoffs

I feared this would be a male dominated thread. I am thrilled to see the female representation here. I am female too.

J-E-T-S!!! JETS!! JETS! upset WIN over SAN DIEGO CHARGERS Sunday.

BRET FAVRE and VIKINGS, don't merely beat the COWBOYS. Crush them , kick them all the way back to DALLAS.

Jets?! No! CHARGERS!!! Haha. :D Honestly, may the best team win (and I'm hoping it's mah Chargers ;) ).

No WAY do the Cowboys make it to the Superbowl!

Ah, yes, it's great to see other female NFL fans around here! :punk:

I'm making a BOLD statement.

If the Vikings beat Dallas Sunday, the Vikings will be in the Super Bowl. I don't fear Arizona or New Orleans at all.

The last time we faced both teams in the playoffs, they got their butts handed by us. Also, after the loss the Vikings suffered by the Cardinals earlier this season, Favre and company will be out for blood. I don't see the Cardinals winning in the Metrodome if they get past New Orleans.

As far as the Saints, Minnesota is 5 and 0 against them since 2001.

Gonna be a fun road to the Super Bowl.

SKOL VIKINGS! :)

Cards vs Packers matchup was the highest-scoring playoff game in NFL history lol.

Haha, great game. If they go far in the playoffs again this year, you think Warner has a chance in the Hall of Fame?

Hey Prince of Pop...if the Cards vs Vikings does happen, prepare for a BEATDOWN!! :p

he's already in the hall. it's just a matter of a formality.

I'm making a BOLD statement.

If the Vikings beat Dallas Sunday, the Vikings will be in the Super Bowl. I don't fear Arizona or New Orleans at all.

The last time we faced both teams in the playoffs, they got their butts handed by us. Also, after the loss the Vikings suffered by the Cardinals earlier this season, Favre and company will be out for blood. I don't see the Cardinals winning in the Metrodome if they get past New Orleans.

As far as the Saints, Minnesota is 5 and 0 against them since 2001.

Gonna be a fun road to the Super Bowl.

SKOL VIKINGS! :)

Warner! tough times ahead for his opponents. he's looking scarier with each passing week. his mind/hand coordination is too fast for the announcers. i think he is gunna win it all, this year, and then retire.

Don't really pay much attention to the NFC, but I'm cool with the Cards, Saints or even the Vikings going to the Superbowl, but I'm really rooting for the Cards. Rooted for them last year when they were in the Superbowl. Man, I was bummed when they lost to the Steelers. They were SO CLOSE!

So the stage is set for next weekends divisional playoff games:

* New York Jets Vs San Diego Chargers
* Baltimore Ravens Vs Indianapolis Colts
* Arizona Cardinals Vs New Orleans Saints
* Dallas Cowboys Vs Minnesota Vikings

I'm going with the home teams this week...except for Indy and New Orleans...

I'm taking all 4 home teams to win this weekend.

GO CHARGERS!

Marty In LA

This is normally my favorite weekend of the NFL season, but i must say the staggering disaster in HAITI has dampened my enthusiam. The JETS are almost an after thought now.

Well... The Saints completely destroyed the Cards... I feel sorry for Cards fans. I hope Warner comes back another season.

GO BOLTS!

I'm going to see my Bolts defeat the Jets tomorrow. Tailgate + Game = awesome day!!

Can't wait to put my Chargers snuggie on tomorrow!

Lights out!!

CHARGERS VS. SAINTS - SUPERBOWL

Go Saints! We totally plucked them Cardinals! LOL! The Superdome was definitely rockin' yesterday.

Oh, the power of sports.!! For a few hours, i am back to my old self.
J-E-T-S!!! JETS!! JETS! Next week is AWESOME PEYTON MANNING, so i am enjoying this to the fullest.

Next week's conference championships are set:

AFC Championship: New York Jets Vs Indianapolis Colts
NFC Championship: Minnesota Vikings VS New Orleans Saints

I'm picking the Jets in the AFC. Peyton has a ring. The Jets haven't been there in years. I can honestly see the hot Jets win in a close upset like today in San Diego.

In the NFC, obviously I'm taking my Vikings. Vikings are thee HOTTEST team in the NFC right now, the defense and offense are both running great (something past Viking teams have not had before..even in their 4 Super Bowl runs of the 70's).

Also, since 2001, the Vikings are undefeated against the Saints (5 and 0) including a playoff blowout in 2001.

If the Vikings keep Bush in check and put pressure on Brees (who IMO is the best QB in the conference next to Favre), and if we can score early and often, the Vikings will be in Miami.

Gonna be a great week!

Darn it, my Chargers lost to the Jets...such a heartbreaker. So darn close. =(

well I'm rooting for the SAINTS to go to the SuperBowl!!

It should be one heck of a game between the Vikings and Saints. I pick the Saints of course! lol If we play our style of football, we should be alright.

I'm so disappointed in and pissed at my Chargers. They completely self-destructed and f***ed up in the playoffs...AGAIN! :mat: We're right back to being the laughingstock of the NFL. Congrats to the Jets. At least they showed up to play.

Now, I'd like to see a Colts vs. Saints Superbowl with Drew Brees winning it all.

I'm so disappointed in and pissed at my Chargers. They completely self-destructed and f***ed up in the playoffs...AGAIN! :mat: We're right back to being the laughingstock of the NFL. Congrats to the Jets. At least they showed up to play.

Now, I'd like to see a Colts vs. Saints Superbowl with Drew Brees winning it all.

your team, the Chargers have to get a new coach. there is no reason for a team to get as far as they do, regualarly, and then fall in the playoffs, unless the team is good, but the coach is not.

I wouldn't say our Chargers is the laughingstock of the NFL. How many years have we been AFC Champs in recent history? The Broncos started 6-0 and still managed to duck and dodge a playoff appearance. Tom Brady is watching it from his couch because he couldn't even get past the wildcards and Eli is watching his big brother to learn a lesson on how it should be done. Hell yes, I'm pissed that my Chargers lost too, I was at the game and it was heartbreaking. But u know what pissed me off even more? Those so-called fans who started leaving early and taking off their jerseys. True fans my ass. I didn't know there were so many Chargers fans until LT showed up. I bleed blue and gold.

I have nothing to say about Nate Kaeding though. -_-

I wouldn't say our Chargers is the laughingstock of the NFL. How many years have we been AFC Champs in recent history? The Broncos started 6-0 and still managed to duck and dodge a playoff appearance. Tom Brady is watching it from his couch because he couldn't even get past the wildcards and Eli is watching his big brother to learn a lesson on how it should be done. Hell yes, I'm pissed that my Chargers lost too, I was at the game and it was heartbreaking. But u know what pissed me off even more? Those so-called fans who started leaving early and taking off their jerseys. True fans my ass. I didn't know there were so many Chargers fans until LT showed up. I bleed blue and gold.

I have nothing to say about Nate Kaeding though. -_-

Please, do NOT get me started on Kaeding... All I know is that many fans want his head on a golden platter, based on the things that I've heard and read in the past 24 hours. It's just so frustrating how we do well in the regular season, but when the post season comes, the **** hits the fan. We have such a talented team and so much potential to win yesterday, but we shot ourselves in the foot and the Jets took advantage of that. All the penalties (10!) the Chargers got were ridiculous, especially the ones of VJ kicking the flag and Phillips head-butting that Jets player. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. I'm just sick of people always saying that the Chargers will lose in the playoffs since they always screw up--and we did. I just know this team can make it to the Superbowl. Rivers will take us there. It's just a matter of when. I just wish LT can get a Superbowl win.

You were actually at the game? I give you major props for sticking it through. I can't imagine what the atmosphere at the stadium was like. God, I can't even imagine how San Diego is like right now. :( I'm all the way in NYC.

Ah, the life of a Chargers fan... Hopefully our Bolts will learn from this one for next year.

Please, do NOT get me started on Kaeding... All I know is that many fans want his head on a golden platter, based on the things that I've heard and read in the past 24 hours. It's just so frustrating how we do well in the regular season, but when the post season comes, the **** hits the fan. We have such a talented team and so much potential to win yesterday, but we shot ourselves in the foot and the Jets took advantage of that. All the penalties (10!) the Chargers got were ridiculous, especially the ones of VJ kicking the flag and Phillips head-butting that Jets player. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. I'm just sick of people always saying that the Chargers will lose in the playoffs since they always screw up--and we did. I just know this team can make it to the Superbowl. Rivers will take us there. It's just a matter of when. I just wish LT can get a Superbowl win.

You were actually at the game? I give you major props for sticking it through. I can't imagine what the atmosphere at the stadium was like. God, I can't even imagine how San Diego is like right now. :( I'm all the way in NYC.

Ah, the life of a Chargers fan... Hopefully our Bolts will learn from this one for next year.

Yea, Kaeding is not very welcome here in SD right now. I don't put entirely everything on him because our players didn't deliver like they should've. Kaeding though, I can understand the 57 yarder, that's quite a distance, but the other two? No way! He was asked what went wrong and all he could say was that he didn't kick the ball between the upright, REALLY NOW?? LT didn't deliver as well and I don't know what's up with his future with the Chargers. I do know that he really do loves and cares about the Chargers ALOT. He's a real nice guy in person too. Yea, the atmosphere in the stadium during the final minutes of the 4th qtr, I can't even describe it. Then it started sprinkling a bit too, but my husband and I stayed 'till the very end. It was painful though, going down the stairs knowing the Chargers didn't win. :no:

but for now, GO SAINTS!!!!

Why is it when the Chargers get to the playoffs they take a major crap?

Hell when Marty Schottenheimer was coaching them, they went 14 and 2....FOURTEEN AND TWO, they lost and they fired him.....seemed a bit harsh to me. I would say don't make the same mistake with Norv Turner....even though he isn't the coach Marty is.

San Diego will get a championship someday. This is just not their year....because it's the Vikings who's gonna win it. :)

Back