NFC Wildcard
  • Green Bay Packers Vs Arizona Cardinals
  • Philadelphia Eagles Vs Dallas Cowboys
teams in NFC with a bye: New Orleans Saints & Minnesota Vikings

AFC Wildcard
  • New York Jets Vs Cincinatti Bengals
  • Baltimore Ravens Vs New England Patriots
teams in AFC with a bye: San Diego Chargers & Indianapolis Colts

I'm a 49er fan all the way and I love Coach Singletary's style and what he's brought to the team. Hopefully we will be in this position next season. But for now I am pulling for the Chargers probably my second favorite team since I spent all of my childhood summers growing up in San Diego. :)

Charger fan over here!!! WOOT WOOT!!! Lily, where did you live here in SD?

Why is the Pro Bowl in Miami this year and why is it like a week before the SuperBowl?!?

My Grandparents lived right off Mission Gorge, maybe a 5 minute drive from Jack Murphy Stadium aka Qualcomm. :p Great memories for me. :D

I would like to know why the Pro Bowl is this way this year also? :huh: Hawaii is better than Miami *yuck* anyday. But hey Vernon Davis from my 49ers is going, he played great this year.

So the playoffs begin this week. Here are the match ups for wildcard weekend:

NFC Wildcard
  • Green Bay Packers Vs Arizona Cardinals
  • Philadelphia Eagles Vs Dallas Cowboys
teams in NFC with a bye: New Orleans Saints & Minnesota Vikings

AFC Wildcard
  • New York Jets Vs Cincinatti Bengals
  • Baltimore Ravens Vs New England Patriots
teams in AFC with a bye: San Diego Chargers & Indianapolis Colts

My weekend picks:

NFC
ARI defeats GB
PHI defeats DAL

AFC
CIN defeats NYJ
NE defeats BAL

Go Chargers!

Marty In LA

I'm going with the Vikings...not going to say we're super bowl bound because the last time I said that we got our butts handed to us...but we do have a better team over all.

As for this week, I'd like to see the Cardinals, Eagles, Ravens and Jets win

San Diego CHARGERS!!!! :D My family and I have been huge fans for years! Dear God, PLEASE let it be our year! *prays*

2009 was a bitter sweet year. My two passions are MJ and the 27TH TIMES WORLD CHAMPIONS NEW YORK YANKEES (Bring it on you weeping RED SOX FANS.!)

I get into the NFL once the baseball season is a wrap. I will be rooting like crazy tommorow (1-9-10) for my home town team THE NEW YORK JETS when they battle the BENGALS. A jets win depends on the play of our rookie QB Mark Sanchez. Go JETS, JETS, JETS.!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do my Packers look? I've been in Australia since before the season started and have pretty much missed the entire season. :( God I miss football!!!! :cry: I am just very happy to see they got a wildcard playoff spot. With Favre gone I had planned on us being horrible forever :p but we must have done so-so to get that wildcard spot?

How about those victorious NY JETS, eh.? First team to advance in the NFL playoffs . I am loving it.!!!

Am I the only Viking fan here? Man I feel outnumbered. LOL

PRINCE OF POP, now that the dissappointing NY GIANTS are at home watching the playoffs on TV i will be rooting for your vikes in the NFC. I have not forgotten that in 2008 the lengendary BRETT FAVRE got the NY JETS off to a fast 8-3 start before the all too typical JETS collaspe. Good luck to your VIKINGS next week.

How do my Packers look? I've been in Australia since before the season started and have pretty much missed the entire season. :( God I miss football!!!! :cry: I am just very happy to see they got a wildcard playoff spot. With Favre gone I had planned on us being horrible forever :p but we must have done so-so to get that wildcard spot?

you should be excited about your PACKERS.Their offense is damn good. Many experts are quite impressed with your QB.

^Thanks for that. I'm really happy they are doing well post-Favre... And I'd always hoped that Rogers would get the chance to come into his own like he has :D Heck he watched Favre long enough!! How's their defense been this year, anyone know? Last season when I was in the States and was watching NFL (pretty darned hard to find "gridiron" here at all... grrrrrr....) they were still having some defense issues....

should be a interesting post season to say the least. dallas shut down there critics tonight and the jets did pretty good.

Okay, I just saw the score of the Packer game...my Packers... WTF are they DOING??!! I can't get the game here in Australia... anyone watching it? Is it THAT bad??? :cry:

SORRY.! Your PACKERS just lost 51-45 in an exciting overtime game. The defense for both teams did not show up today.The PACKERS got off to a horrible start but faught back galliantly to tie the score a couple of times. Unfortunately QB Rogers threw an interception in overtime that ARIZONA easily returned for the winning TD. You have an elite QB. The PACKERS did the right thing not bringing back FAVRE. Your defense was rated #2 in the entire NFL. I do not know what happened to them today. CHEER UP.!!! HOW MANY DAYS BEFORE PITCHERS AND CATCHERS.???

SORRY.! Your PACKERS just lost 51-45 in an exciting overtime game. The defense for both teams did not show up today.The PACKERS got off to a horrible start but faught back galliantly to tie the score a couple of times. Unfortunately QB Rogers threw an interception in overtime that ARIZONA easily returned for the winning TD. You have an elite QB. The PACKERS did the right thing not bringing back FAVRE. Your defense was rated #2 in the entire NFL. I do not know what happened to them today. CHEER UP.!!! HOW MANY DAYS BEFORE PITCHERS AND CATCHERS.???

Yeah all my friends and family in Milwaukee are venting on their facebook statuses now :( Heck I'm proud of them, at least they made the playoffs and did pretty well this season :clapping: Yeah I think Rogers is going to go a long way, I really like him. Yeah I'll be bummed for a bit but still not too upset... the boys had a good season :D
OMG I can't wait for baseball!! Let's GO BREWERS!! :clapping: I'm used to seeing like 20 games live at Miller Park and saw NONE in 2009 because I came to Australia.... but when I get back home in April.... it's all about Miller Park baby!!!!! :woohoo:

Thanks for the info on how the game went Max :D

So the stage is set for next weekends divisional playoff games:

* New York Jets Vs San Diego Chargers
* Baltimore Ravens Vs Indianapolis Colts
* Arizona Cardinals Vs New Orleans Saints
* Dallas Cowboys Vs Minnesota Vikings

I'm going with the home teams this week...except for Indy and New Orleans. I think the Ravens can stop Manning, and New Orleans lost 3 in a row to end the season. They've barely beaten teams they should have blown out, so IMO their defense is suspect.

For the other 2 games, I like Mark Sanchez and the Jets, but I think the Chargers will be too much for them. And everyone is already labeling the Cowboys NFC champions.....don't count your chickens before they hatch. Yeah they just beat the Eagles...big deal, they beat them the week before. Now they have to come up north into Mall Of America Field at the Metrodome and face a Minnesota Vikings team that is undefeated at home. IF the Cowboys beat Minnesota, it won't be by much.

Here's hoping for a Cardinals/Vikings showdown in the NFC Championship in 2 weeks. :)

how bout that cardinal game? lol. they really seem more powerful than they are rated to be.

i don't think anyone can stop manning. but i think a cardinals colts superbowl would be interesting.

Cards vs Packers matchup was the highest-scoring playoff game in NFL history lol.

how bout that cardinal game? lol. they really seem more powerful than they are rated to be.

i don't think anyone can stop manning. but i think a cardinals colts superbowl would be interesting.

Haha, great game. If they go far in the playoffs again this year, you think Warner has a chance in the Hall of Fame?

Hey Prince of Pop...if the Cards vs Vikings does happen, prepare for a BEATDOWN!! :p

yay Packers Fan! woot woot... I am a cheesehead too. :punk:

Too bad they lost. :(

YES! Another cheesehead!! :woohoo:

Yeah I know :( But I'm SO friggin' proud of The Pack. I didn't get to see any of the games on tv while in Australia but my friends, fam & folks here have kept me informed and it sounds like they did great :D

Ok, you're in Texas and you are a cheesehead?! :p

YES! Another cheesehead!! :woohoo:

Yeah I know :( But I'm SO friggin' proud of The Pack. I didn't get to see any of the games on tv while in Australia but my friends, fam & folks here have kept me informed and it sounds like they did great :D

Ok, you're in Texas and you are a cheesehead?! :p

My family is from Wisconsin, They moved here two years before I was born. My Whole family are Packers fans...

and yes I am proud of them too actually. Let's hope they get better next year. At first I didn't want to accept Aaron Rodgers but I am getting use to him and he is pretty good.

Charles Woodson #21 is my favorite player on the Pack now... I plan on getting his jersey sometime before next season starts.

I'm still a Brett Favre fan, but I don't like the Vikings.
I'm rooting for the Saints to win now, but if Brett Favre wins, I'll be happy for him.

My family is from Wisconsin, They moved here two years before I was born. My Whole family are Packers fans...

and yes I am proud of them too actually. Let's hope they get better next year. At first I didn't want to accept Aaron Rodgers but I am getting use to him and he is pretty good.

Charles Woodson #21 is my favorite player on the Pack now... I plan on getting his jersey sometime before next season starts.

I'm still a Brett Favre fan, but I don't like the Vikings.
I'm rooting for the Saints to win now, but if Brett Favre wins, I'll be happy for him.

Yep that would be why :p My fam is evenly split between Green Bay fans and Chicago fans. If the Pack aren't playing, my default team is the Bears :p Never the Vikings though :mello:
Yessssssss, I had the same issue. I was so mad when Favre left but now I'm really liking Rodgers, he's come a long way in a short amount of time :clapping:

I don't know what to think of Favre right now... they just so, up and left. Like not just the game but the community and all the charity they were doing, etc. So I'm still not sure. I really like his wife though. Did you read her book? It was just amazing.
I'm out in waaaaaaaaaaay left field, I'm cheering for Indianapolis :p

Back