2/13/11 Michael's Grammy Nomination + Discussion

im out of bed to check it out *its midden in the night here* so he did not win??

wow.. did not expect that... although i hate the song this is it? when was it recorded? because the vocals sounds so bad..

Who was going to be there for him? if he would win?

And how does the grammys work? who will decise who wins, and why is not al on tv? *how many cat are there?

This is so weird...I was almost positive he was going to win...I mean look how many votes he got here http://tweeter.faxo.com/53rd_Grammy_Awards_Best_Male_Pop_Vocal_Performance
This isn't even counting the votes he got on Yahoo http://awards.music.yahoo.com/nomin...performance;_ylt=AsAcS_X4xn4dXJ7DkFzvNxpnyCUv - They were both in the #1 position. Mars barely hit the 9000 mark on the first site and only got a 3% vote on the second one, while Mike got 327,726 votes on the first site and got 53% of the votes on the second...what the heck just happened?

It's not based on some silly online popularity contest where fans can click all day (that's the AMAs); it's based on formal votes from people in the industry.

In my personal opinion, MJ shouldn't have been nominated. I think it was a sympathy nomination. It's a good song, but let's all be honest, it's not MJ's best. The estate certainly could have picked a better song to go with the "This Is It" project.

Personally, Hold My Hand is a better song, and I think that should be up for nomination next year, even though because of the crappy promotion Sony did, it won't be.

I totally agree. This Is It just isn't a great song. I like Hold My Hand, and I also like Best of Joy. But, I doubt anything off of Michael will get nominated for any awards, because the album isn't being promoted. The Grammys aren't based on sales or anything, but if no one knows about the songs, how will they get nominated?

Does anyone know how many grammy's eminem's lost so far. I know he's lost one. I just don't want him to break Michael's record. He has a lot of nominations this year. About 10-12.

Yeah, I agree prettygirlmj. I don't even know if Michael was even planning on releasing This Is It.

Yes, I know.

And he just lost his second won. He has ten nominations. So he not breaking Michael's record tonight. If he loses no more, then he ties with Michael.

Well, I just found out that enimem lost six grammy's.....he's not tieing.

Carlos Santana has already tied with Michael.

Did anyone see the Who's Loving You influence and MJ spin that Bruno did complete with the dropping to the knees move. :D

That made me so happy. I love Bruno Mars and I love how he is keeping the Greats and old school alive.

Janelle Monae was great even though she was off a few times. I still like her.

Sooo...hypothetically, if some more MJ songs get released this year & I mean some really awesome, chart-topping, mind-blowing ones, could he be nominated for a Grammy next year? (Again, hypothetically)

Bruno Mars is a massive talent, and much worthy of his Grammy.The show was really good this year. The Mick is 100 yrs old and still bringing it.

Any one approves of what Will Smith/Jada pinkett Smith are doing with their kids.?

Bruno Mars is a massive talent, and much worthy of his Grammy.The show was really good this year. The Mick is 100 yrs old and still bringing it.

Any one approves of what Will Smith/Jada pinkett Smith are doing with their kids.?

To be honest, I just don't think that the Smith kids are as talented as the media is making them out to be. So far, I think that they're just getting great opportunities with the best in the industry because of their parents.

I'm so happy for Bruno, he really deserved it. He worked so hard and on top of that he has actual talent... like, a lot! In this sea of auto-tuned artists who buy their popularity or get pushed up by others, Bruno is one of the few water drops that have actual talent and work hard to get where they are... Congrats again Bruno, I'm pretty sure Michael's happy with him winning and not only that but he's actually proud of Bruno...

AndreyZidane™;3247396 said:
I'm so happy for Bruno, he really deserved it. He worked so hard and on top of that he has actual talent... like, a lot! In this sea of auto-tuned artists who buy their popularity or get pushed up by others, Bruno is one of the few water drops that have actual talent and work hard to get where they are... Congrats again Bruno, I'm pretty sure Michael's happy with him winning and not only that but he's actually proud of Bruno...

Why Michael would be proud of this guy? Was he a relative of him or something?

Why Michael would be proud of this guy? Was he a relative of him or something?

Because Michael's not here anymore, he doesn't need to make a point anymore, This Is It is a 20 year old altered demo that Michael would've probably never released and because out of all the guys that were nominated for this award Bruno has actual talent and really deserved to win. I'm sure Michael would be ok if someone with talent who worked hard won a award in favor of his 20 year old altered demo...

And in the end why wouldn't Michael be proud of Bruno? You don't have to be someone's relative to be proud of them... you don't even need to be a fan of someone to be proud of him, what's the problem in that? Do you really think Michael would've wanted This Is It, which in my opinion is not really one of his best demos (not actual finished songs, demos!) to win in favor of someone who busted his ass and worked really hard to get where he is?

As much as I love Michael winning awards This Is It did not deserve to win. Its a 20 year old demo at the end of the day. Bruno Mars is a huge talent and very deserving of the award-plus he adores Michael.

AndreyZidane™;3247479 said:
Because Michael's not here anymore, he doesn't need to make a point anymore, This Is It is a 20 year old altered demo that Michael would've probably never released and because out of all the guys that were nominated for this award Bruno has actual talent and really deserved to win. I'm sure Michael would be ok if someone with talent who worked hard won a award in favor of his 20 year old altered demo...

And in the end why wouldn't Michael be proud of Bruno? You don't have to be someone's relative to be proud of them... you don't even need to be a fan of someone to be proud of him, what's the problem in that? Do you really think Michael would've wanted This Is It, which in my opinion is not really one of his best demos (not actual finished songs, demos!) to win in favor of someone who busted his ass and worked really hard to get where he is?

I don't have a problem with this guy winning. This is It was a lousy song that didn't deserve to be nominated in the first place.It was a sympathy nomination and i don't think that Mike should win out of sympathy.He should have won only if he deserved it and in this case he didn't deserve to win. I just commented because you were so sure that Mike would be proud of this guy's win that i thought that he was Mike's relative and i had missed something.

It was a sympathy nomination and i don't think that Mike should win out of sympathy.

It really was..

Michael's song was a demo from the early '80 that Sony got many to think it was new, just cuz it bears the same title as the tour that never happened....

Congratulations to Bruno, though, his songs are, so far, among the best of mainstream music these days..

I wish Michael had won. Makes me sad that the nominations won't really be coming anymore so for that to be one last one would have been special.

When did Bruno Mars come on the scene before or after Michael died? I wonder if Michael heard of him and what he might think. He is talented. Does he like Michael too? I know my friends like Bruno Mars.

When did Bruno Mars come on the scene before or after Michael died? I wonder if Michael heard of him and what he might think. He is talented.

Pretty sure it was afterwards. I first heard of him last year sometime.

When did Bruno Mars come on the scene before or after Michael died? I wonder if Michael heard of him and what he might think. He is talented. Does he like Michael too? I know my friends like Bruno Mars.

Bruno is in the industry for quite some time now, but he started his solo projects for real just last year. He was even signed to Motown :) -> look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno_Mars

And yes, Bruno likes Michael. Just look here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrQmZnLkTrQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1y7A_evm10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9XYqftsTD0
You can find more of it on youtube :)

Bruno is great. As much as I wished this one award for Michael, guess Sophielo is right.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think we heard him with B.O.B "Nothin'on you" last year for the first time -

Back