2/13/11 Michael's Grammy Nomination + Discussion

What do you expect when most, if not all music today just blends in with each other to form some kind of long, super bland song. I'd say that the music industry was dead at roughly the start-to-midpoint of the last decade, when the "Neo MTV Generation" as I call them arrived on the scene.

Well im going to lay down for a while. I'll go have a dream of Michael winning it.

The fact that Michael did not get any Grammy (im not counting his grammys for his shortfilms 'Leave me alone' and 'Scream') sums it up pretty much.

Okay im not a music expert or whatever, but how on earth could they not recognize and award him for his work in BAD and HIstory? Man in The Mirror, Dirty Diana, You Are Not Alone etc etc... madness...!!!!!!!

'Michael' would definately win a grammy for best controversial album.
:lol: :toofunny:

:hug:
with that being said I'm gonna hit the bed now. Taking our man on iPod with me, after this BS I wanna hear some real music now.
awww, thank you.
yes, let's get some good real music. this is really empty without the man, the real man here.

Love you, Michael!!!

I really dislike The Simpsons, but this clip really summarizes all!! thanks for posting hahahahahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMoJ0ZjEI3s

Is this the first time Michael has been posthumously nominated for an award, but hasn't received it?

This is so weird...I was almost positive he was going to win...I mean look how many votes he got here http://tweeter.faxo.com/53rd_Grammy_Awards_Best_Male_Pop_Vocal_Performance
This isn't even counting the votes he got on Yahoo http://awards.music.yahoo.com/nomin...performance;_ylt=AsAcS_X4xn4dXJ7DkFzvNxpnyCUv - They were both in the #1 position. Mars barely hit the 9000 mark on the first site and only got a 3% vote on the second one, while Mike got 327,726 votes on the first site and got 53% of the votes on the second...what the heck just happened?

In my personal opinion, MJ shouldn't have been nominated. I think it was a sympathy nomination. It's a good song, but let's all be honest, it's not MJ's best. The estate certainly could have picked a better song to go with the "This Is It" project.

Personally, Hold My Hand is a better song, and I think that should be up for nomination next year, even though because of the crappy promotion Sony did, it won't be.

And another reason This Is It didn't win is the simple fact it didn't do crap on any music charts

And another reason This Is It didn't win is the simple fact it didn't do crap on any music charts

Do chart performances matter with the Grammys? (Sorry, I'm clueless on all of this award show stuff).
If it didn't do well on the charts, then how come it got nominated in the first place?

we can not hate on the one who won because they worked hard to. If you think that Every Award Michael is nominated for is out of sympathy then im sorry to say that you are lacking. Michael worked just as hard as these other people and deserves it more because of said hard work. I love Michael just as much as any one else but all is fair in love and grammys.

jermjackson5 Jermaine Jackson
Lest we forget: the most Grammys won by a male artist in one night was Michael in 1984. He took home 8 #grammyfacts #mjmemories
1 hour ago FavoriteRetweetReply

In my personal opinion, MJ shouldn't have been nominated. I think it was a sympathy nomination. It's a good song, but let's all be honest, it's not MJ's best. The estate certainly could have picked a better song to go with the "This Is It" project.

Personally, Hold My Hand is a better song, and I think that should be up for nomination next year, even though because of the crappy promotion Sony did, it won't be.

I totally agree with your first paragraph!! :yes:

I totally disagree with your second paragraph, though :ph34r: That "Akon and MJ" part is so.... :doh:

Hold My Hand is nice... but not that great, in my humble personal, extremely personal opinion. Michael was well.... I want to believe the Estate will do a better job next time. Though there are wonderful songs there, it's not up to the high standars MJ had us used to.

He got nominated after death two times and I think that's enough.
I'm sure 'Michael' will be nominated or himself. Three years in a row wouldn't that bad I think

Taylor Swift thing was absurd but not this time

I totally agree with your first paragraph!! :yes:

I totally disagree with your second paragraph, though :ph34r: That "Akon and MJ" part is so.... :doh:

Hold My Hand is nice... but not that great, in my humble personal, extremely personal opinion. Michael was well.... I want to believe the Estate will do a better job next time. Though there are wonderful songs there, it's not up to the high standars MJ had us used to.

You are right bout that, michael's music now that seem to have that real magic it once did IMO

And guys im not saying that to upset or hurt u guys but it just the way i feel.

jermjackson5 Jermaine Jackson
Lest we forget: the most Grammys won by a male artist in one night was Michael in 1984. He took home 8 #grammyfacts #mjmemories
1 hour ago FavoriteRetweetReply
That's because Michael IS and ALWAYS will be the KING OF POP!!!!!!!

Back