Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Trial date April 2, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AEG Wants Katherine Jackson Lawsuit Dismissed

This is supposedly what he said. It is tabloid, but people do remember seeing a video of him saying it. They are also reporting he had skin cancer.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...hael-Jackson-angry-at-50-gig-O2-marathon.html

Michael Jackson's 50 gig fury

By TIM NIXON
Published: 02 Jun 2009

MICHAEL JACKSON has told fans he is fuming with concert promoters for booking 50 shows in London.

The Thriller star told fans outside his LA dance studio he wanted to take his live extravaganza across the globe - and only perform a handful of gigs at the O2.
But he didn't get his wish, and a deal was struck for *****'s monster 50-date residency after the initial block of 10 he'd agreed to sold out.
He claims he only learned of the extra 40 bookings when he awoke to the news one morning.
The ailing King Of Pop is now panicking he's not physically strong enough to cope with the gruelling schedule, insisting his small appetite makes it hard for him to perform.
After practicing his moves at the Burbank Studios, *****, 50, greeted devoted fans waiting outside - and blew off some steam in the process.
He said: "Thank you for your love and support, I want you guys to know I love you very much.
"I don't know how I'm going to do 50 shows. I'm not a big eater - I need to put some weight on.
"I'm really angry with them booking me up to do 50 shows. I only wanted to do 10, and take the tour around the world to other cities, not 50 in one place.
"I went to bed knowing I sold 10 dates, and woke up to the news I was booked to do 50."
Last month, ***** had 80,000 fans up in arms after the opening dates of his residency were delayed.
The concerts were due to kick off on July 8 but the opening night has been pushed back five days, with the others now scheduled for March.
Last week it emerged Jackson may have to axe more dates as he continues his battle with skin cancer.

Yes, he said this. I saw the video, as did some others here. It was quickly taken down, though. The rest of the article is tabloid stuff (the skin cancer story), but Michael really did say those words (quoted), and I remember them well.

I'm not sure what AEG's involvement was, however based on Murray's actions, I don't believe it was an accident or negligance, but intentional (either that or Murray is the most incompetent doctor ever). Which to me means someone else had to be involved, b/c Murray alone had no motive. Was AEG involved? It's a possibility. But I don't think they were the driving force behind this. I have my thoughts, but this probably isn't the thread on which to share those.

I agree with the lawsuit Katherine has filed b/c it's a way to get more info from AEG and a better way to determine the degree of their involvement. And in my opinion they likely had some involvement and/or knowledge of what was happening.

Exactly. Murray alone had NO motive at all to kill a King of Pop, unless it was a really stupid accident or negligance, which I highly doubt. Murray does not look like an idiot to me. His patients say he is a good doctor which proves that he was aware what he was doing.

Anyone who says MJ wasn't under prressure is being unrealistic. It does not mean he killed himself, and no way mentioning it says he did.

And what in the world is all this talk about AEG controlling him if it isn't about theim pressuring him to do what they wanted him to?

Exactly...

How can this help the defense? It offers a broader view on the circumstances Jackson was facing in his last months or weeks of life, which were strenuous and hectic, and shows AEG were almost just as guilty, or straight-out guilty for the Minimal time Jackson had to prepare himself for these concerts, who kept multiplying. Doesn't mean he killed himself, he had hired a Doctor to be by his side and monitor his sleep during this very stressful time, but ended up drugging him to death, all the benzos he gave him too, trying to clean the death scene and calling 911 only half an hour after he had found him unresponsive. Instead of calling for help when he needed it, and had someone (him, most likely) call nurse Lee to tell her he feels ill on June 21. Help that man treat his insomnia properly. Then Murray claiming he had no phone to call from. And that he didn't know what address Jackson's house had........ What? How can one be as stupid as claim something so grossly ridiculous. I hope the prosecution will pick up on statements like these. Jackson couldn't kill himself, esp with the last 2 days of his life being better spent at rehearsals, meaning he was bucking up a bit, was getting a bit more confident.

.. That's not helping the defense, it paints Murray as even more reckless for not caring about his patient and letting him die.

Last edited:

Yes, he said this. I saw the video, as did some others here. It was quickly taken down, though. The rest of the article is tabloid stuff (the skin cancer story), but Michael really did say those words (quoted), and I remember them well.

Thanks.. Didn't know it was taken down or that there was a video of him saying that in the 1st place. Not surprised, those words would make many heads fall... sad that many Only wanna believe things when they See it. There's been many people so far all saying he agreed to 10, weren't there London posters initially advertising for 10 This Is It shows only? They were..

In my opinion, if "Murray was well accepted by AEG," like you say, then why didn't they just sign the contract, FORCE Michael to sign the contract (since "some" believe that AEG was controlling Michael), and most importantly, when somebody is doing what you want them to do: Why didn't AEG pay Murray for services rendered?

In my opinion, AEG was NEVER going to hire Murray, and that's why the so-called negotiations were taking so long.

AEG never wanted to hire Murray because Murray was asking for way too much money, and they knew once they arrived in London, they would be able to find a doctor that was competent and less expensive.

I mean, AEG would not only have to pay Murray all of that money, they would also have to pay for his living expenses and anything that came along with that. (And if Murray decided to bring his NEW girlfriend over along with his new baby, AEG would probably have to pick up that tab as well. Who knows!)

I truly believe that AEG was STALLING and if it were up to them, Murray would NEVER be apart of the tour. In my opinion, AEG wanted NO part of Murray!

I agree Murray was asking too much - but what if Michael was paying his wage and not AEG? AEG wouldn't care how much he was paid, because they would still get their percentage regardless. Did you know that Michael was paying for the production costs out of his percentage? Apparently, these costs are usually taken out of the profit BEFORE the rest is split up between the promoter and artist . But in the AEG contract, Michael was paying production costs from his percentage. AEG weren't paying any of them. So who carried all the risk for the concerts? Not AEG.

I agree Murray was asking too much - but what if Michael was paying his wage and not AEG? AEG wouldn't care how much he was paid, because they would still get their percentage regardless. Did you know that Michael was paying for the production costs out of his percentage? Apparently, these costs are usually taken out of the profit BEFORE the rest is split up between the promoter and artist . But in the AEG contract, Michael was paying production costs from his percentage. AEG weren't paying any of them. So who carried all the risk for the concerts? Not AEG.

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say. Please forgive me.

But I can address your first question regarding Murray's payment or lack thereof.

As per Murray's attorney, Murray was NEVER paid by anyone, neither Michael nor AEG.

I recall earlier on when Murray's attorney, Ed Chernoff, was saying that he was going to bring a suit against AEG regarding Murray's back pay. He didn't seem concerned about the lack of a signed contract, but after he made that whole stink, it was NEVER mentioned again.

I'm not sure if Chernoff realized that Murray had no case regarding receiving back payment from AEG, or whether he just put it on the backburner for now, but I do know that the matter was NEVER brought up again - PUBLICLY.

I'm sick and tired of conspiracy theorists taking over this thread, almost every second post in this thread is based on fiction not facts, people drag in conspiracy in many threads and it's tiring to see.

So? It is pointless. He injected MJ, because he was stupid or his last pay cheque will cover all 4 years he will have to spend in the preason.

He injected him and left him unattended because he was negligent AND stupid.

But if he did it for a paycheck, willing to spend 4 years in prison for that paycheck, and no one has even paid him for the two months he says he already should have been paid for, he's not only stupid, he's NUTS!

But if he did it for a paycheck, willing to spend 4 years in prison for that paycheck, and no one has even paid him for the two months he says he already should have been paid for, he's not only stupid, he's NUTS!
And that's what happens to a person when they get GREEDY.

In my opinion, Murray was ONLY thinking about that money and how he would use said money to impress his YOUNG stipper girlfriend!

Murray was "probably" filling her head up with how GRAND it was gonna be once that money started rolling in and that's "probably" why she hurried up and produced a child for his stankin behind.

as far as I am concerned,,THEY ARE the MOST important. I dont see why folks dont get it..:(

Absolutely, Michael's own words are most important. I don't subscribe to "conspiracy theories," in general. Yet, I did massive research during the trial, and the conspiracies there were REAL. I have no reason to trust that somehow, all that went away, with so much money at stake? Katherine's lawsuit may reveal some solid facts, or it may vanish like smoke? We don't know yet, which way it will go.

Some people get it, and some don't? In trying to understand this, it seems that some have different needs when it comes to Michael? He was larger than life, and the idea that he might have had problems -- with health, with those around him, financially, etc., damages the picture they want to see of him? Discussions like that might actually cause some people pain? That is understandable.

In terms of Katherine's lawsuit, there is the question of where her information is coming from, and their credibility, and does she or does she not have some sort of documentation for her claims? That remains to be seen.

I'm sick and tired of conspiracy theorists taking over this thread, almost every second post in this thread is based on fiction not facts, people drag in conspiracy in many threads and it's tiring to see.

I disagree. Conspiracy talk is relevant here to an extent b/c the Jackson family has on multiple occassions called MJ's death a conspiracy and they are suing AEG as taking part in this conspiracy. The definition of the word conspiracy is that multiple people were involved and the very fact that they are suing AEG confirms they believe some sort of conspiracy took place.

To make no mention of this is naive and blocks free thinking. The truth is only ever revealed through analysis and investigation.

I disagree. Conspiracy talk is relevant here to an extent b/c the Jackson family has on multiple occassions called MJ's death a conspiracy and they are suing AEG as taking part in this conspiracy. The definition of the word conspiracy is that multiple people were involved and the very fact that they are suing AEG confirms they believe some sort of conspiracy took place.

To make no mention of this is naive and blocks free thinking. The truth is only ever revealed through analysis and investigation.
No. its not and there is a separate forum for conspiracy theories. The problem isn't just this thread but the the case forum too, several users who are known to be conspiracy followers former TINI activists seem to invade the board and various sections, and it's annoying for people who rather go with fact than fiction.

Last edited:

In terms of Katherine's lawsuit, there is the question of where her information is coming from, and their credibility, and does she or does she not have some sort of documentation for her claims? That remains to be seen.

I hate to say it, but in my opinion, the Jackson family has no "documentation," and some of their lawsuit is made up of untruths.

I mean, first of all, IF they had any CREDIBLE documentation, I would "think" that they would bring said documentation to the proper authorities and not to a civil attorney.

Secondly, I believe that a lot of what is being said is hearsay and/or third-fourth party repeated stories. And you know how that goes, once a story is repeated it continues to GROW and becomes more unreliable after each re-telling.

You don't know if anyone has paid him or not. You are speculating that no one has or no one will. For example, who's paying for his lawyers, if Murray was so broke awhile back that he was way behind on child support? I've read that he's caught up now on his payments. Where did he get the money to catch up? He would have had to either 1) have had an influx of cash above his normal salary as under his normal salary he had fallen way behind on payments 2) or a significant cut in his expenses to be able to catch up, not to mention pay for these lawyers on top of all that.

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say. Please forgive me.

But I can address your first question regarding Murray's payment or lack thereof.

As per Murray's attorney, Murray was NEVER paid by anyone, neither Michael nor AEG.

I recall earlier on when Murray's attorney, Ed Chernoff, was saying that he was going to bring a suit against AEG regarding Murray's back pay. He didn't seem concerned about the lack of a signed contract, but after he made that whole stink, it was NEVER mentioned again.

I'm not sure if Chernoff realized that Murray had no case regarding receiving back payment from AEG, or whether he just put it on the backburner for now, but I do know that the matter was NEVER brought up again - PUBLICLY.

yeah that ticked me off.. This fool was asking for back payment and his patient is dead and he killed him. What nerve and gall Murray has.

You don't know if anyone has paid him or not. You are speculating that no one has or no one will. For example, who's paying for his lawyers, if Murray was so broke awhile back that he was way behind on child support? I've read that he's caught up now on his payments. Where did he get the money to catch up? He would have had to either 1) have had an influx of cash above his normal salary as under his normal salary he had fallen way behind on payments 2) or a significant cut in his expenses to be able to catch up, not to mention pay for these lawyers on top of all that.

well he submitted paperwork asking that his malpractice insurer cover the costs of his trial. They don't want to because they claim that Murray's policy doesn't cover anesthesia use. I'm quite sure anesthesiologists and those who put people 'under' have a different policy because the risk is much greater.

I saw this video only once and then it was taken down. I pray that the family has a copy.:angel:

I mean, first of all, IF they had any CREDIBLE documentation, I would "think" that they would bring said documentation to the proper authorities and not to a civil attorney.

You don't know what they have and haven't brought to the authorities. You also have to remember, that at a criminal trial the standard of proof is beyond a reasonable doubt and that they have to convince 12 jurors based on this standard. That is an incredibly difficult task when multiple parties are involved. I think that is why the DA is pursuing manslaughter charges against Murray. That is easy to prove. Murder, while there is some evidence of this, would be much more difficult to prove, as Murray has no motive and they'd have to look at other parties, making the case a nearly impossible task for them.

But, just b/c it's difficult to prove, doesn't mean it didn't happen. In a civil case the burden of proof is smaller so the Jackson family is attacking this through civil courts the best they can. I'm sick and tired of people pounding on MJ's mother. MJ loved her dearly and trusted her with his children. I am confident that she has nothing but the best intentions with this suit. She wants to know the truth and she wants justice for her son. I think we should give her the benefit of the doubt here.

I hate to say it, but in my opinion, the Jackson family has no "documentation," and some of their lawsuit is made up of untruths.

Secondly, I believe that a lot of what is being said is hearsay and/or third-fourth party repeated stories. And you know how that goes, once a story is repeated it continues to GROW and becomes more unreliable after each re-telling.

Sadly, you may be right about that.

The problem in discussing all this with any kind of validity is the LACK of solid facts. It may be that some of the Jackson family already took some of what they have to authorities? Or not. Or, as you say, they are going only on rumor?

This is not a situation where we can look for facts/documentation and expect to find them. If we discussed based only on "facts," there may be no discussion at all? Even if documentation exists, it may be held entirely private until there are trials, both criminal and civil. All we have to go on, really, are PATTERNS. If several people (unrelated people, such as the family, follower fans, Michael's associates, etc.) say the same thing, we can begin to see a pattern. Can we PROVE it? No. There were apparently no witnesses to what Murray did, and evidence remains largely circumstantial.

I'm hoping that that Panish law-firm actually DOES have some documentation? They are a powerful firm, and don't often lose. At this point, all we can do is speculate about Katherine's lawsuit, and wait for the judge's ruling on the AEG push to get the suit thrown out.

For example, who's paying for his lawyers, if Murray was so broke awhile back that he was way behind on child support? I've read that he's caught up now on his payments.
Lawyers take HIGH PROFILE cases all the time with no upfront payment. They get worldwide publicity for their firm and once this case has been adjudicated, Ed Chernoff will make a small fortune giving PAID interviews, win or lose.

I believe Murray has made "payments" regarding his back child support, but I don't believe he has paid in full.

Oh really? So when LMP on Oprah was saying that in 2005 Michael himself was afraid that somebody was after him do you think that Michael was a crazy cospiracy teorist just like us or he was out of his mind? If you do not want to see outside the box, if your brain hurts, do not be involved in this. We have facts and we have more facts then you think. How do you explain the fact that the video of Michael talking about 10 concerts was removed from YouTube? Why THIS video was so important for somebody? Explain all this to me, I want to know a simple truth behind it which you seem to know, but nobody else?
I do not buy "Murray made a mistake" theory.

Last edited:

You don't know what they have and haven't brought to the authorities.
Sorry, but I disagree with you.

Katherine Jackson's lawsuit reminds me of Raymone Bain's lawsuit, in that they both filed lawsuits with NO exhibits. Making claims, but showing NO proof of said claims.

Also if the family had all of this proof, I'm sure we would have gotten wind of it by now. Aside from the RANDOM "fall guy" mantra, they have NEVER said:

"And we have the proof to back up our claims."

They don't have to report to US what that proof may be, but if they did have some sort of proof, aside from random stories being shared by "some," I truly believe we would have heard about it by now.

And just for the record, let me also add that in my opinion, Murray was NEVER going to go to London with Michael. AEG was STALLING, because they felt that they could get a better deal once they arrived in London.

In my opinion, AEG wanted NO part of Conrad Murray!

i presume the plantifs would file the documentes that support their case when filing the case at the begining or does it happen later?

People seem to be forgetting that this is not the place for conspiracy talk. We have a seperate forum for all those that believe that AEG killed Michael or whatever. Michael was killed by Conrad Murray. Any other theory needs to be taken to conspiracy. Any theory that contradicts the official line is conspiracy.

People seem to be forgetting that this is not the place for conspiracy talk. We have a seperate forum for all those that believe that AEG killed Michael or whatever. Michael was killed by Conrad Murray. Any other theory needs to be taken to conspiracy. Any theory that contradicts the official line is conspiracy.

I'm confused. The title of this thread is in regards to Katherine's lawsuit of AEG. Katherinie is suing AEG b/c she thinks they are involved in MJ's death, not just Conrad Murray. If this thread is only to discuss Murray's involvement in the death, then you should change the title.

You don't know if anyone has paid him or not. You are speculating that no one has or no one will.

You're right. I don't know definitively. Can only go by Conrad Murray and his lawyer whining about AEG not paying him. Maybe, that was all a ruse and they secretly did pay him. But if the theory is Murray overdosed MJ on the orders of AEG or some other business group, who are willing to let him go to jail for it, and he's willing to go to jail for them on the promise they'll pay him for his time, he's NUTS!!

He's close to 60 and is trusting his future to folks who therefore set him up in a situation that immediately threw suspicion on him. So yeah, if he wasn't negligent, he's a cold blooded murder who is as dumb as he is depraved.

Last edited:

Conspiracy talk is relevant here to an extent b/c the Jackson family has on multiple occassions called MJ's death a conspiracy and they are suing AEG as taking part in this conspiracy. The definition of the word conspiracy is that multiple people were involved and the very fact that they are suing AEG confirms they believe some sort of conspiracy took place.

I'm confused. The title of this thread is in regards to Katherine's lawsuit of AEG. Katherinie is suing AEG b/c she thinks they are involved in MJ's death, not just Conrad Murray. If this thread is only to discuss Murray's involvement in the death, then you should change the title.

Let me explain

The conspiracy discussion in this thread should be limited to the "conspiracy" claim mentioned in Katherine's lawsuit which is "some people in several ways ignored Michael's well being and health for the sake of the concerts and rehearsals while they had the responsibility and duty to look after him"

the lawsuit doesn't state
- a conspiracy in regards to the AEG-MJ contract and number of concerts (edited to add: yes Michael was unhappy with the number of concerts and the schedule etc, no one is arguing against it but it's not a topic mentioned in the scope of this lawsuit)
- a conspiracy in controlling Michael's communications with people (only claim is pressuring about attending rehearsals and which doctor to not see)
- a conspiracy of intentional murder of Michael by AEG. so "involved in MJ's death" is a little off when you look to the complaint it's not like "they killed him" it's more like "they were responsible for his well being but didn't really care therefore they should be faced with some liability".

Thank you

Lawyers take HIGH PROFILE cases all the time with no upfront payment. They get worldwide publicity for their firm and once this case has been adjudicated, Ed Chernoff will make a small fortune giving PAID interviews, win or lose.

I believe Murray has made "payments" regarding his back child support, but I don't believe he has paid in full.

That's probably the case, with Chernoff. FYI, in terms of Katherine's suit, the Panish firm works ONLY on contingency, i.e. they don't get paid unless they win. (So, Katherine isn't paying them anything up-front. They would get a percentage, if she won anything.)

yup..thats what I am talking about..people actually heard him in person and that video that was conveniently taken down...we all know we all saw it..so for all of those that didn't..I am sorry...but for those of us that did..WHY would we lie about such a thing...really now..WHY???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back