Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Trial date April 2, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AEG Wants Katherine Jackson Lawsuit Dismissed

Did AEG also want Murray, maybe for different reasons? Sure, they did.

AEG wanted Murray SO BADLY, yet they NEVER paid him. Sorry, but that makes no sense, in my opinion.

Seems to me if AEG wanted Murray to be a part of the "team" so badly, not only would they have paid him handsomely, without complaining about said paid, but they would have given him WHATEVER he wanted without complaining. I mean, isn't that how folks "usually" treat their PRIZED employee?

They never paid Murray, never signed the contract with Murray, yet they wanted him. LOL!

In my opinion, AEG didn't want Murray and were STALLING, hoping that Michael would change his mind once he got to London.

Autumn II;3171172 said:
I think a lot hinges on the email exchange between Murray and AEG, that was posted here. That email exchange suggests a business relationship between Murray and AEG, that included requests about Michael's medical care.

although AEG would argue that the contract was never signed by MJ, I think with all the draft and communication and the contract was to cover period of May 09 to March 10, a good lawyer could make a case for an oral contract and establish the relationship between AEG and Murray.

No, AEG was not responsible for "every little detail." A request for a "CPR machine" is hardly a DETAIL! That is not a debrillator, such as is found in airports and large office buildings. It's a machine used in open heart surgery! If that was not a wake-up call, I can't imagine what would be.

this is something we discussed before and I agree. Furthermore this is an equipment that is used after something goes wrong, I'm no medical expert but we don't see any preventive monitoring equipment request from Murray. It shows how careless Murray was IMO.

Under the law, yes, if a company employs a "contractor," they are, indeed, responsible as well, if that contractor KILLS someone.

are they? the previous company that I worked for always hired certified and insured contractors so that they wouldn't be responsible. I wonder if we can check this further.

Asedora;3171211 said:
And... to AEG supporters:

do not even go there. I'm fed up with when someone says something opposite to what other people might be saying that they instantly labelled as X/Y/Z's supporter or on payroll. It's called difference of opinion.

So when MJ went to Klein’s office, they were aware of it and they were able to stop it which tells me that they paid attention to such a detail like MJ “being sleepy” but CPR machine used by doctor Murray was OK?

no of course a CPR machine should have raised red flags and someone should have asked "why do you need that for?" - I don't think anyone is arguing against that.

but comparing how visible of botox versus propofol is a different thing. Botox injections are quite visible (as they can cause redness, swelling in the face) and the way your skin look will be different afterwards (look to people in hollywood). plus they were accompanied with demerol (pain medication) and the most common effect of pain medication is drowsiness and sleep.

propofol doesn't have that much visible effects.

gerryevans;3171235 said:
I do agree about a company generally sharing responsibility, but I do think when it comes to a personal physician, there's a difference.

If one of the lightning fixtures fell and hit a concert goer, no doubt about it, the concert goer would have a strong case against the lighting company AND AEG for employing them,. The concert goer probably wouldn't even bother to sue the lighting company, but go straight for AEG. But in the case of a physician, one that MJ brought to the project for his specific personal needs, there is definitely a question of AEG accountability and to what extent.

If MJ was directly paying Murray, there wouldn't be a question at all. AEG would not be accountable for Murray just like they weren't for Klien. With AEG's contention being that although they were directly paying Murray, but it was as an advance to Michael, they can make a case that Murray was never technically their employee, but Michael's. I guess it all really will come down to technicalities.

that's the whole argument of AEG.

They say that their contract says it promises safe travel and safe concerts/work environment and they also mention a lawsuit about a landlord (as they were paying MJ's rent they can be seen as landlord) that says landlord will be responsible for injuries happened due to the premises but not the injuries caused by a visitor.

It's all about where the responsibilities start and end.

classic;3171239 said:
Keep in mind that we haven't seen or heard all correspondence related to Murray's requests. And where is the evidence coming from about AEG forcing Michael to quit going to Klein? Sorry but that I missed hearing about.

comes from KJ's lawsuit - she claims that on June 18 riot act Michael was told to not see Klein.

and an interesting development has anyone seen today's TMZ story? (below). If you read it you'll see that Ortega will collaborate the June Riot Act (good for KJ's lawsuit - interesting that she's also suing Ortega) but cancellation of the next 2 rehearsals actually show caring for Michael's well being on AEG's part. (Of course if true)

Michael Jackson's producer/director for the "This Is It" tour will be a star witness for the prosecution in Dr. Conrad Murray's preliminary hearing which begins today ... sources tell TMZ.

Our sources tell us ... Kenny Ortega will testify that on June 19, 2009 -- a week before MJ died -- Michael complained he was cold, had the shakes and was unable to perform ... so the rehearsal was canceled.

The next day -- June 20 -- an emergency meeting was held at Michael's home. Kenny Ortega, several big wigs from AEG, Michael, and Dr. Conrad Murray were present. We're told the meeting was "intense, loud and argumentative." Kenny read Michael the riot act, imploring him to take better care of himself because the tour was imminent.

Ortega will testify, during the meeting, Dr. Murray said some "terrible things," showing a lack of concern and respect for Michael. Our sources would not reveal specifics, but we're told it's "damaging" to Murray.

Sources say rehearsals were canceled on June 21 and 22 so Michael could regain his strength. Ortega will testify ... when rehearsals resumed on June 23 and 24 -- the day before Jackson died -- Michael did a complete turnaround, wowing the backup dancers and others present with his moves and singing.

Ortega's testimony is important, because prosecutors will argue MJ was fine before Murray began pumping him with drugs the day he died.

AEG wanted Murray SO BADLY, yet they NEVER paid him. Sorry, but that makes no sense, in my opinion.

The contract between Murray, AEG, and Michael was found on the seat of Murray's car when it was impounded. He was to receive a HUGE amount of money.

Seems to me if AEG wanted Murray to be a part of the "team" so badly, not only would they have paid him handsomely, without complaining about said paid, but they would have given him WHATEVER he wanted without complaining. I mean, isn't that how folks "usually" treat their PRIZED employee?

Exactly. The payment was to be an incredible $150,000 a MONTH!

They never paid Murray, never signed the contract with Murray, yet they wanted him. LOL!

The signature lacking on the contract was MICHAEL'S! Other parties signed it, but Michael did not.

In my opinion, AEG didn't want Murray and were STALLING, hoping that Michael would change his mind once he got to London.

More likely is that at the end, it was MICHAEL who didn't want him. Something seriously wrong must have happened in those last few days. I see that Kenny Ortega will be a witness for the prosecution in Murray's preliminary hearing. Maybe his testimony will shed some light?

The signature lacking on the contract was MICHAEL'S! Other parties signed it, but Michael did not.

If I recall correctly, the only signature on the contract was that of Conrad Murray.

I remember Randy Phillips saying that they (AEG) would not be signing the contract UNTIL Michael signed the contract.

If I recall correctly, then that's just MORE food for thought as to all of the STALLING that was going on, in my opinion.

If I pay a carpenter to fix someone ELSE'S house, and say, "You'll have to pay me back," and that carpenter messes up and kills someone -- WHO is responsible/the employer? It's really not all that clear.

Great scenario and made me stand back and see Katherine's side with more objectivity.
Because if I was the spouse of the person the carpenter killed, I'd go after him and you for sending an incompetent to my house. So Katherine does have viability going after AEG. The sticky point as you say is how much MJ was involved.

That is, if you sent a carpenter to my house that I specifically requested, how much are you really also accountable for my spouse's death, since perhaps you might have sent someone else you trusted more, but didn't because I insisted on this particular craftsman.

Great scenario and made me stand back and see Katherine's side with more objectivity.
Because if I was the spouse of the person the carpenter killed, I'd go after him and you for sending an incompetent to my house. So Katherine does have viability going after AEG. The sticky point as you say is how much MJ was involved.

That is, if you sent a carpenter to my house that I specifically requested, how much are you really also accountable for my spouse's death, since perhaps you might have sent someone else you trusted more, but didn't because I insisted on this particular craftsman.

good example

but let's define incompetent .

what if the person that sent the carpenter to your house had called all the references, checked credentials , run background and social security checks, asked for an alcohol and drug test etc and the carpenter passed them all with flying colors but then messed up and caused an injury.

how about then? who is responsible?

good example

what if the person that sent the carpenter to your house had called all the references, checked credentials , run background and social security checks, asked for an alcohol and drug test etc and the carpenter passed them all with flying colors but then messed up and caused an injury.

Oh, Ivy...you just made this difficult. In that case, I'm stumped. Emotionally and initially, I'd still want to go after both of them, but after I calmed down, and considering alll those steps were taken to certify his credentials, I think I'd probably just go after him.

Further, IF I had insisted on him, myself knowing what had been found out in your background investigation, there wouldn't be a question for me. I'd put all blame on the carpenter.

Last edited:

good example

Well, it's complicated. You'd do the background check, of course. In that instance, I'm sure it would be whatever is considered to be "reasonable." I'd hardly say Murray had "flying colors." There was one accusation of spousal abuse (suggesting anger-management problems), and at least one (that we know of) other patient who died during a medical procedure.

There is also his outrageous personal life. Can't keep track of how many baby-mamas there are, and children. And, of course, there is his failure to pay child-support, which doesn't exactly show responsibility or upstanding moral character?

So that, too, is a murky area. They may say, "Michael INSISTED" on Murray, but Michael is not here to say whether he did or didn't. We know that Murray was financially vulnerable -- house near to foreclosure, outstanding child-support, and so on. If nothing else, that shows lack of impulse control and poor judgment? Doesn't seem like a very good choice, whether Michael or AEG made that choice, or both?

Here is another example. We KNOW that AEG was paying rent on Michael's house. What if that house was damaged? WHO is responsible? AEG? Michael? Both? See what I mean?

Here is another example. We KNOW that AEG was paying rent on Michael's house. What if that house was damaged? WHO is responsible? AEG? Michael? Both? See what I mean?

This would probably be similar to a co-signer situation. You'd go after the person who damaged the house first, but if you didn't get satisfaction, then you'd go after the other party. Like someone who co-signs for a car, if the person using the car doesn't make payments, the co-signer becomes responsible for them.

If I recall correctly, the only signature on the contract was that of Conrad Murray.

I remember Randy Phillips saying that they (AEG) would not be signing the contract UNTIL Michael signed the contract.

If I recall correctly, then that's just MORE food for thought as to all of the STALLING that was going on, in my opinion.

You recall correctly and I agree with your last point.

although AEG would argue that the contract was never signed by MJ, I think with all the draft and communication and the contract was to cover period of May 09 to March 10, a good lawyer could make a case for an oral contract and establish the relationship between AEG and Murray.

this is something we discussed before and I agree. Furthermore this is an equipment that is used after something goes wrong, I'm no medical expert but we don't see any preventive monitoring equipment request from Murray. It shows how careless Murray was IMO.

are they? the previous company that I worked for always hired certified and insured contractors so that they wouldn't be responsible. I wonder if we can check this further.

Bold part. Yes, all parties CAN be held responsible in whole, or, in part. I used to work for a law firm who specialized in insurance claims/lawsuits. In short, let's say you are involved in a car accident and are at fault. The other driver sues you. However, because you have car insurance, your alert your insurance company who later provides a lawyer to represent you in court, free of cost. The firm I worked would provide your free lawyer on behalf of the insurance co. We also dealt with claims from homeowners, and business owners...all who are required to carry insurance for a variety of reason. From experience with that (note: I am NOT a lawyer so this is in no way considered legal advice) as well as some time I spent as a juror on a civil case, I can say various parties can be held for their part of an "injury".

Example: A developer wants to build a housing division. He contracts plumbers, architects, electricians, carpenters, etc... EACH one of those contractors has to carry their own separate insurance (at least in the State of Florida, not sure about California) as well as the developer who, more than likely would have what's called an umbrella policy for liability insurance. EVERYBODY has to be licensed and insured separately, but the developer is STILL responsible, in part, for EVERYBODY. It's the developers job to make sure everyone they contract with or sub-contract with is licensed and insured and do their jobs appropriately. And if, for any reason, it's determined that the developer OR one of his contractors (plumbers, electricians, etc..) has been negligent in any way and were aware (or should have been aware) of said negligence or covered up anything after the fact, they CAN be held responsible.

Now, as a juror, I found out that in lawsuits, jurors are asked to assign responsibility when determining judgment/culpability. Let's say there's a fire in one of the developer's homes caused by faulty electric hookup. The developer can be sued becuz they were responsible for selecting the electric firm. The electrician firm can be sued and included as a plaintiff in the same suit becuz their firm did the actual work. Both the developer and electrician's insurances will kick in and provide lawyers to defend each separately or as a team. Jurors may be asked to decide the percentage of culpability of both; Developer 40%; electric firm 60% or vice versa. If more contractors are deemed responsible and were included in the suit, they, too, can be assigned a percentage of culpability in a judgment. The developer doesn't get off simply becuz each contractor has their own separate liability insurance.

NOW, having said that, it's possible a jury could say the developer had 0% culpability and it all rested with the electric firm if the evidence points to that. However, it's wise for anyone suing a business to go after the main business as well as any contractors or sub-contractors involved. It's generally left up to the jury to decide who they feel bears the most, least or no responsibilty. Cali may have diff State laws about such.

do not even go there. I'm fed up with when someone says something opposite to what other people might be saying that they instantly labelled as X/Y/Z's supporter or on payroll. It's called difference of opinion.

no of course a CPR machine should have raised red flags and someone should have asked "why do you need that for?" - I don't think anyone is arguing against that.

but comparing how visible of botox versus propofol is a different thing. Botox injections are quite visible (as they can cause redness, swelling in the face) and the way your skin look will be different afterwards (look to people in hollywood). plus they were accompanied with demerol (pain medication) and the most common effect of pain medication is drowsiness and sleep.

Agree with the diff between botox and propofol. At the same time, I wonder if Murray asked for a CPR machine to be used in Cali or to be provided in London only. Michael HAS had issues with dehydration and not eating/sleeping during rehearsals/shows. His heart gave out as a result before (HBO special) so it's not "unusual" for this type of equipment to be requested for him...to me, at least. I would raise my eyebrows if it were not...propofol or not. And I "believe" it was standard op for him to have a doctor with him on tours. So none of this sounds odd to me. Seems typical. What's odd is a doctor using propofol in this way, leaving the patient unattended, and not having proper equipment should something go wrong.

They say that their contract says it promises safe travel and safe concerts/work environment and they also mention a lawsuit about a landlord (as they were paying MJ's rent they can be seen as landlord) that says landlord will be responsible for injuries happened due to the premises but not the injuries caused by a visitor.

Actually, the landlord is normally the person who actually OWNS the property. The person paying the rent is simply a renter...whether it was Michael himself or if AEG was making the payments on his behalf. If they were making the payments on his behalf, IMO, they were nothing more than an intermediary rent manager. The landlord is the person who actually OWNS that house and was leasing it out. Had an injury happened there, that person's homeowner's insurance would kick in to cover any injuries/damages to Michael or his kids or any visitors. At the same time, HAD a visitor gotten bitten by Kenya, Michael, as the dog's owner, could have been sued as well.

Yes, it's all about where responsibility begins and ends. Juries are usually asked to suss that out.

comes from KJ's lawsuit - she claims that on June 18 riot act Michael was told to not see Klein.

and an interesting development has anyone seen today's TMZ story? (below). If you read it you'll see that Ortega will collaborate the June Riot Act (good for KJ's lawsuit - interesting that she's also suing Ortega) but cancellation of the next 2 rehearsals actually show caring for Michael's well being on AEG's part. (Of course if true)

Michael Jackson's producer/director for the "This Is It" tour will be a star witness for the prosecution in Dr. Conrad Murray's preliminary hearing which begins today ... sources tell TMZ.

Our sources tell us ... Kenny Ortega will testify that on June 19, 2009 -- a week before MJ died -- Michael complained he was cold, had the shakes and was unable to perform ... so the rehearsal was canceled.

The next day -- June 20 -- an emergency meeting was held at Michael's home. Kenny Ortega, several big wigs from AEG, Michael, and Dr. Conrad Murray were present. We're told the meeting was "intense, loud and argumentative." Kenny read Michael the riot act, imploring him to take better care of himself because the tour was imminent.

Ortega will testify, during the meeting, Dr. Murray said some "terrible things," showing a lack of concern and respect for Michael. Our sources would not reveal specifics, but we're told it's "damaging" to Murray.

Sources say rehearsals were canceled on June 21 and 22 so Michael could regain his strength. Ortega will testify ... when rehearsals resumed on June 23 and 24 -- the day before Jackson died -- Michael did a complete turnaround, wowing the backup dancers and others present with his moves and singing.

Ortega's testimony is important, because prosecutors will argue MJ was fine before Murray began pumping him with drugs the day he died.

I agree. Allowing those 2 days would show AEG gave MJ time to recupperate and showed due care/concern, however, some seem to feel that this particular showdown should have resulted in the entire cancellation or postponement of the London shows. This is prolly why Kenny is included. They prolly felt instead of telling MJ to get himself together, Kenny and others should have just shut production down until Michael was "well" again. The question tho is even after MJ got "well" again, would the dehydration, the not sleeping/not eating start up again once he started rehearsing again? Never-ending cycle.

The reality is this: Once Michael signed on that dotted line and the money started flowing out of AEG's pockets, those shows were not going away. He either had to do them...the 10...the 30...or all 50 at some point, or yes, AEG was going to sue the ish outta him for the money they spent/loss.

Last edited:

I do hope that TMZ have got this right. NOBODY seemed to be admitting that Michael was unwell, even Ortega, at one point. It was all 'oh he was in great shape and having a blast'.

So many fans believed what they said, it makes me so angry, all these lies, so they can sell a film and an album. Since I saw the footage from 24th, I could see MJ was not his normal self, but so many people disagreed. If AEG knew something was wrong on 20th then could they be guilty of putting MJ under duress?
I thought the 'riot act' ws on 18th not 20th, or has someone got that wrong?

If AEG knew something was wrong on 20th then could they be guilty of putting MJ under duress?

This is the part that doesn't sit right with me. I mean, Michael Jackson was a GROWN man with his own children.

IF AEG knew something was "wrong," as you say, and they addressed their concern with Michael and Michael's response was: "I'm fine, I been in this game for a long time, I know what I'm doing, now on with the show."

Then what?

I just NEVER saw Michael Jackson as some little wimp, taking orders from anyone, but maybe that's just me.

they are prob totally seperate events ie one never happend or the family took that meeting on the 20th and created something else that would help their lawsuit

I do hope that TMZ have got this right. NOBODY seemed to be admitting that Michael was unwell, even Ortega, at one point. It was all 'oh he was in great shape and having a blast'.

So many fans believed what they said, it makes me so angry, all these lies, so they can sell a film and an album. Since I saw the footage from 24th, I could see MJ was not his normal self, but so many people disagreed. If AEG knew something was wrong on 20th then could they be guilty of putting MJ under duress?

Again, like I said earlier, people have good days, they have bad days. It would be a disservice to Michael to take all his bad days and paint a distorted picture. And yes, it would be the same to take all his good days and paint a distorted picture. The truth is prolly somewhere in between.

And I agree there's a few details that seem to never get straight. Dates are one of them. Who was present for certain things is another as well as what Michael actually said being an issue as well. From what I understand the "video" of MJ talking about 10 vs 50 does not exist per a fan that was allegedly there. It's a blatant lie. Then there are fans who saw it with their own eyes and claim it is real and it's indeed Michael on the tape. Then there's fans who were allegedly present who say Michael didn't say the second part of the statement about doing 10 shows only in London and the other 40 across the world. He only wanted to do 10 shows period. Then there are fans who who say ONLY Michael's trusted and true were there when he safely confessed this to them, yet none will admit they betrayed him by taping him without his knowledge during this confession. Then one defends it and says it was prolly paparazzi or random strangers who were ALSO around when Michael so willingly confessed all this. I mean...

Yes, there's a LOT of details that ppl seem to be getting wrong and why some fans like myself aren't really trusting everything they hear from everyone who has something to offer. My hope is a lawsuit like this will sort most of it out once we get some ppl under oath.

Knowing how Michael gets during prep for shows/tours, it's not unusual to know he was having some health issues. The question is how much of that was typical of what happens to him at times like those and how much of it was due to Murray's treatment/care. Everyone seems to agree it went downhill after Murray came along. However, I've heard fans who were present say Michael was going downhill way back on October 2008 and it only got worse. So yeah, lotta conflicts, opinions, and perceptions. The reason for it, who knows.

This is the part that doesn't sit right with me. I mean, Michael Jackson was a GROWN man with his own children.

IF AEG knew something was "wrong," as you say, and they addressed their concern with Michael and Michael's response was: "I'm fine, I been in this game for a long time, I know what I'm doing, now on with the show."

Then what?

I just NEVER saw Michael Jackson as some little wimp, taking orders from anyone, but maybe that's just me.

Agree! And how can a man who is being controlled demand his chef back? Kai Chase was let go but returned becuz Michael and the kids wanted her back. If someone was controlling Michael's decisions, they could have simply told him he was stuck with the chef they put in place for him it was final. Now saying that doesn't mean sometimes his requests weren't met with "NO". It just doesn't seem that it was "no" ALL the time. He did get to have a say in some things apparently.

Last edited:

In Moonwalk, MJ said that people seem to think he is not in charge, but "nothing could be further from the truth."

I do believe the wringer the poor man had been put through over the years had affected his confidence and we saw the physical and mental toil the trial took on him. I also believe it took some MAJOR adjusting for him to get back into his groove for TII, but he ultimately did, and like it's being said, by the time of those last couple of rehearsals, he was taking charge again.

In Moonwalk, MJ said that people seem to think he is not in charge, but "nothing could be further from the truth."

I do believe the wringer the poor man had been put through over the years had affected his confidence and we saw the physical and mental toil the trial took on him. I also believe it took some MAJOR adjusting for him to get back into his groove for TII, but he ultimately did, and like it's being said, by the time of those last couple of rehearsals, he was taking charge again.

Completely agree! Lot has been made of Randy Phillips talking about throwing Michael over his shoulder and taking him onstage. However, Lionel Richie, after having a convo w/ Michael sometime after the announcement in March, said something similar in good humor. Seems Michael WAS having some confidence issues about performing again and Lionel was sure that once he got back out there, Michael would feel at home again.

Then what?

I don't think Michael was a wimp, taking orders from anyone, either. I'm a grown woman who is fiercely independant -but I'm currently unwell due to bullying in the workplace. Not something I ever thought would happen to me.
Just saying, it can happen to the best of us, if you pile enough pressure on.

He wasn't a wimp, this has nothing to do with that, by Deepak Chopra's accounts, two days before June 25, he called Chopra to discuss an environmental song with him; he had many paintings commissioned, he had movie plans, he Thought a whole lot and was Aware of the world, hence his new 'heal the world' messages on which This Is It was founded, that it's already too late with the damage that has been done to the world. He was Focused, full of thoughts and Feelings, he was that strong.

Many were after ruining that and him.

The pressure of having to do 50 shows weighted on his shoulders hard, afterall, he couldn't sleep at all. You have a highly creative man who mind can't be stopped often, and when engaged in work, he also needs sleep monitoring, for it's taking a toll on him, hence the need for a doctor on his tours, nothing out of the ordinary, like it's been said....Cheryll Lee, the nurse, said how a few of months, I believe, before June 25, he hired her and asked her to monitor his sleeping, because if he managed to sleep, it was only for a short 2 or 3 times, then woke up again, so she gave him herbal-based treatments, and he could only sleep with classical music on and cartoons on TV. His insomnia got worse when the concerts amounted in number, and with Such little time to prepare for rehearsals. Nobody helped him and took him to the hospital to get treatment for it; by Ortega's words, Murray told his patient was fine, and Ortega confirmed he wasn't, why did Murray put him to death with all the benzos and Propofol that night, instead of ask for a Real doctor's help? How could a man survive all 50 concerts, although he was noticeably bucking up the last two days of his life at the rehearsals, but still was an insomniac, (for he Didn't get proper treatment for that)? Who were "They" who were 'so mean' when he told them he was about to postpone or cancel some shows? Was anybody his friend really, outside the children? Did anyone care to at least extend their hand to him by setting a Different date for the first show before rushing to sell tickets like mad and add More and More shows? His Own doctor who was Hired to take care of him ended up killing him. What chances did that man really have in this life with so many snakes around him who only or mostly cared for their own skin?

So many fans believed what they said, it makes me so angry, all these lies, so they can sell a film and an album.
Since I saw the footage from 24th, I could see MJ was not his normal self, but so many people disagreed. If AEG knew something was wrong on 20th then could they be guilty of putting MJ under duress?

That makes me not just angry, that what makes me feel insane about TII, an album, sales charts etc.
But it was growing like a snow ball and excitement was so high which made my weak voice to sink fast in that ocean of "celebrating MJ legacy".
When AEG hired CARDIOLOGIST it was already very wrong on many levels. You do not hire cardiologist to treat insomnia, which was MJ condition. They hired cardiologist to help MJ to sleep. What? Why would you hire cardiologist to help somebody to sleep? How freaking strange this business decision was? Cardiologists are not insomnia specialists. The answer is: Murray was hired to perform CPR in case if something will happen. 100 hours footage was done in case if the company will have to cover expenses and this is exactly what happened.
Kenny changes his words at least 3 times. Once he said that MJ did not feel well. Then when they were promoting TII movie he said MJ was great and healthy all the time, and today he testified that MJ was not feeling well. Where is the truth Kenny? Do you really think that we are bunch of idiots?

Last edited:

Kenny's testimony today was that Michael was not feeling well on June 19th. So if he ever said MJ was not feeling well at some point, then he clarified today what he meant...that on June 19th, he became concerned about Michael's health. Murray chewed him out about the concern and Michael essentially "allegedly" told Kenny he was fine and not to worry.

It's this type of exaggeration that concerns some fans. A one-day incident is being characterized as if he had been sick for the entire 4-month rehearsal period. Can this please stop? Or perhaps ppl should narrow down the time period or dates they are referring to.

In any case, I can't wait for a certain someone to give testimony. Would love to hear how many sick days she will account for and what those dates are.

Michael WAS well. He was healthy wasn't he? His organs and his brain showed no sign of a drug addict, right? Kenny said just that day, that ONE day.

Kenny's testimony today was that Michael was not feeling well on June 19th. So if he ever said MJ was not feeling well at some point, then he clarified today what he meant...that on June 19th, he became concerned about Michael's health. Murray chewed him out about the concern and Michael essentially "allegedly" told Kenny he was fine and not to worry.

It's this type of exaggeration that concerns some fans. A one-day incident is being characterized as if he had been sick for the entire 4-month rehearsal period. Can this please stop? Or perhaps ppl should narrow down the time period or dates they are referring to.

In any case, I can't wait for a certain someone to give testimony. Would love to hear how many sick days she will account for and what those dates are.

Wendy, not only that. But this one day incident had the effects of propofol. So it looks like the one day incident was due to propofol administration. I doubt Michael was taking propofol for four months. Heck, seems like he only took it once before the 25th.

And remember, this was mentioned as a "scary" sickness. Michael was not sick on the 19th. All that was just the propofol side effects. No wonder Kenny felt it "scary". If Michael had a sickness like THAT, what Kenny explained, I highly doubt even Michael's kids would miss something like that.

Karen Faye needs to just leave it to the medical experts that will testify in this trial to label Michael in a serious sick condition.

About that meeting they all had at Michael's house, Kenny said in court he had no idea what it was about. So it seems like Murray and AEG put up this meeting together, or one of them did and had the power to bring in the others. OR it was just Frank DiLeo.

I am VERY interested in WHO put this meeting together in the first place. Who's INITIAL idea it was to tell Michael he can't listen to Kenny. I would say it is Murray since he was the one scolding, but I can't be sure.

The fact that these three guys would leave Kenny out of the subject of the meeting is, to me, important.

Last edited:

Please, keep it without hystyerical remarks about kids.
Kids are being involved and they will testfy in court room how much Mj was pushed to work harder and harder. They were involved sinse the moment when dr. Murray called Prince to come to this room to see his dead father.

If Murray was on on AEG payroll, AEG was responsible what was going on with Michael's health. Looks like nobody cared that he was losing weight, did not eat anything. They put too much pressure on this man and he could not sleep.

Please, do not think that evrybody is stupid and we will miss obvious facts becuase some of you just want us not to see them.

Your hate to Katherine is very unhelathy. Hate makes ppl blind or there is something else behind your constant "barking on Jacksons tree".
So true. End the end, the Jacksons are going to do what THEY want to do and they are entitled to do that. If like it, fine; it not, too bad.

Michael WAS well. He was healthy wasn't he? His organs and his brain showed no sign of a drug addict, right? Kenny said just that day, that ONE day.

Wendy, not only that. But this one day incident had the effects of propofol. So it looks like the one day incident was due to propofol administration. I doubt Michael was taking propofol for four months. Heck, seems like he only took it once before the 25th.

And remember, this was mentioned as a "scary" sickness. Michael was not sick on the 19th. All that was just the propofol side effects. No wonder Kenny felt it "scary". If Michael had a sickness like THAT, what Kenny explained, I highly doubt even Michael's kids would miss something like that.

Karen Faye needs to just leave it to the medical experts that will testify in this trial to label Michael in a serious sick condition.

About that meeting they all had at Michael's house, Kenny said in court he had no idea what it was about. So it seems like Murray and AEG put up this meeting together, or one of them did and had the power to bring in the others. OR it was just Frank DiLeo.

I am VERY interested in WHO put this meeting together in the first place. Who's INITIAL idea it was to tell Michael he can't listen to Kenny. I would say it is Murray since he was the one scolding, but I can't be sure.

The fact that these three guys would leave Kenny out of the subject of the meeting is, to me, important.
Hear is my issue with this now; If MJ was sick on June 19, why in the world would Murray still be using this drug? It should have stopped right then instead on going on (it never should have been used in the first place). Even on that monday June 22, that nurse said MJ called her ant told her he was cold on one side and hot on the other side; again, if MJ was feeling like this, why was he still letting Murray treat him medical like that? I just do not get it.

That makes me not just angry, that what makes me feel insane about TII, an album, sales charts etc.
But it was growing like a snow ball and excitement was so high which made my weak voice to sink fast in that ocean of "celebrating MJ legacy".
When AEG hired CARDIOLOGIST it was already very wrong on many levels. You do not hire cardiologist to treat insomnia, which was MJ condition. They hired cardiologist to help MJ to sleep. What? Why would you hire cardiologist to help somebody to sleep? How freaking strange this business decision was? Cardiologists are not insomnia specialists. The answer is: Murray was hired to perform CPR in case if something will happen. 100 hours footage was done in case if the company will have to cover expenses and this is exactly what happened.
Kenny changes his words at least 3 times. Once he said that MJ did not feel well. Then when they were promoting TII movie he said MJ was great and healthy all the time, and today he testified that MJ was not feeling well. Where is the truth Kenny? Do you really think that we are bunch of idiots?
This is my issue as well. Even if Jackson would have requested Murray, AEG should have cancelled the contract because the right doctor was not hire. I heard AEG was wanting someone else but MJ wanted Murray. AEG should have pushed harder for someone else if that was the case.

Re: Wrongful death lawsuits - Katherine and MJ's kids sue AEG / Murray responds to Joe's lawsuit

New TMZ story:

'This Is It' Producer: I Didn't Cause Michael's Death

The producer/director of Michael Jackson's "This Is It" tour is scoffing at Katherine Jackson's wrongful death suit in which he's named as a defendant, because he had nothing to do with the drugs or treatment that caused the singer's death.

Kenny Ortega just filed legal docs -- obtained by TMZ -- asking the court to remove him as a defendant in Katherine's suit, claiming, "Kenneth Ortega is not alleged to be involved in the medical treatment or administration of drugs that allegedly caused Michael Jackson's death."

Ortega's lawyer adds ... Kenny never had a contract with Dr. Conrad Murray or with Michael Jackson, nor has he had any official affiliation with AEG.

Ortega's lawyer says, "The naming of Kenneth Ortega as a defendant in this action, without any basis, without any substantive charging allegations against him, is a gross error."

Re: Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / AEG wants case dismissed / Ortega wants to be removed as a defen

^^ that lawsuit is a joke. It makes a mockery of MJ's murder..and I am not happy about it.

This is supposedly what he said. It is tabloid, but people do remember seeing a video of him saying it. They are also reporting he had skin cancer.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...hael-Jackson-angry-at-50-gig-O2-marathon.html

Michael Jackson's 50 gig fury

By TIM NIXON
Published: 02 Jun 2009

MICHAEL JACKSON has told fans he is fuming with concert promoters for booking 50 shows in London.

The Thriller star told fans outside his LA dance studio he wanted to take his live extravaganza across the globe - and only perform a handful of gigs at the O2.
But he didn't get his wish, and a deal was struck for *****'s monster 50-date residency after the initial block of 10 he'd agreed to sold out.
He claims he only learned of the extra 40 bookings when he awoke to the news one morning.
The ailing King Of Pop is now panicking he's not physically strong enough to cope with the gruelling schedule, insisting his small appetite makes it hard for him to perform.
After practicing his moves at the Burbank Studios, *****, 50, greeted devoted fans waiting outside - and blew off some steam in the process.
He said: "Thank you for your love and support, I want you guys to know I love you very much.
"I don't know how I'm going to do 50 shows. I'm not a big eater - I need to put some weight on.
"I'm really angry with them booking me up to do 50 shows. I only wanted to do 10, and take the tour around the world to other cities, not 50 in one place.
"I went to bed knowing I sold 10 dates, and woke up to the news I was booked to do 50."
Last month, ***** had 80,000 fans up in arms after the opening dates of his residency were delayed.
The concerts were due to kick off on July 8 but the opening night has been pushed back five days, with the others now scheduled for March.
Last week it emerged Jackson may have to axe more dates as he continues his battle with skin cancer.

The Sun wouldnt know the truth if it punched them on the nose tabloid trash the only true and correct thing printed in that paper is the date.

He wasn't a wimp, this has nothing to do with that, by Deepak Chopra's accounts, two days before June 25, he called Chopra to discuss an environmental song with him; he had many paintings commissioned, he had movie plans, he Thought a whole lot and was Aware of the world, hence his new 'heal the world' messages on which This Is It was founded, that it's already too late with the damage that has been done to the world. He was Focused, full of thoughts and Feelings, he was that strong.

Many were after ruining that and him.

The pressure of having to do 50 shows weighted on his shoulders hard, afterall, he couldn't sleep at all. You have a highly creative man who mind can't be stopped often, and when engaged in work, he also needs sleep monitoring, for it's taking a toll on him, hence the need for a doctor on his tours, nothing out of the ordinary, like it's been said....Cheryll Lee, the nurse, said how a few of months, I believe, before June 25, he hired her and asked her to monitor his sleeping, because if he managed to sleep, it was only for a short 2 or 3 times, then woke up again, so she gave him herbal-based treatments, and he could only sleep with classical music on and cartoons on TV. His insomnia got worse when the concerts amounted in number, and with Such little time to prepare for rehearsals. Nobody helped him and took him to the hospital to get treatment for it; by Ortega's words, Murray told his patient was fine, and Ortega confirmed he wasn't, why did Murray put him to death with all the benzos and Propofol that night, instead of ask for a Real doctor's help? How could a man survive all 50 concerts, although he was noticeably bucking up the last two days of his life at the rehearsals, but still was an insomniac, (for he Didn't get proper treatment for that)? Who were "They" who were 'so mean' when he told them he was about to postpone or cancel some shows? Was anybody his friend really, outside the children? Did anyone care to at least extend their hand to him by setting a Different date for the first show before rushing to sell tickets like mad and add More and More shows? His Own doctor who was Hired to take care of him ended up killing him. What chances did that man really have in this life with so many snakes around him who only or mostly cared for their own skin?

seriously when i saw DEEPAK CHOPARA ,i just skip ur post that name is less important ,just like any tabloid for mj fan.

AEG chose Murray?

-I'll be honest and say this is probably the weakest point in KJ's lawsuit and you don't need to look further than Joe's lawsuit and the autopsy report that shows a prescription from Murray dated back to Dec 08.

AEG chose Murray to be with Michael all through every night. It's different if Michael knew Murray before. It was more like ordinary doctor-patient relationship before May. Michael (and children) just visited him in Las Vegas when he was there and that's all. Michael knew many doctors all around because if he needed treatment it's of course nice if there's nearer another doctor who you know before. I think that just must be known at least by AEG and Ortega Michael suffered insomnia. Otherwise you just don't have to be with the patient like that but only hydrating and giving drugs and instructions before the night would be enough. And it doesn't matter at all who's idea propofol was. Patients may have many crazy ideas especially if they have tried something before, but the doctor is the advisor who should say no and tell about less crazy stuff. So patients can try to demand whatever but the doctor is the one who should be professional and protect the patient's life without any criminality. And...wasn't Michael's earlier propofol use legal in 90's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back