Katherine & MJ's kids sue AEG / Trial date April 2, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AEG Wants Katherine Jackson Lawsuit Dismissed

Michael was taken advantage of and he did not have much control over his life when thome and AGE came in the picture,
so much control it took them 2 years to get mj to agree to do the shows.

Michael was taken advantage of and he did not have much control over his life when thome and AGE came in the picture, in leonard rowe book you can read about the contract the lawyer that represented michael drew up about the o2 shows these lawyers were working for AEG and michael would have lost just about everything the way the contract state, no! michael had no real control he was threathend by this contract. AEG along with thome tricked michael, I am sure this AEG contract is in this suit that katherine filed.

Sorry, but when you bring up the name: Leonard Rowe, you lose credibility, in my opinion.

LOL!

I still remember the look on Rowe's face, while in Brazil with Joe Jackson and Joe told the interviewer that Michael did NOT support him. Rowe almost had a heartattack.

Rowe signed a SWORN declaration that Michael in fact supported Joe Jackson. So ONE of them is a big fat liar. Who is it: Joe or Leonard? I'll let you decide.

Okay, back on topic:

In my opinion, AEG never wanted to hire Murray, because they knew they could find a great doctor, who would not be as expensive, once that arrived in London.

yeah and its funny that as soon as mjs gone she out there anoouncing her own tour. shame she didnt do that b4 instead going on about the reunion. i guess it took mj to die to realise it aint gonna happen

But she had a solo tour in 2008. Janet's been consistently touring for quite some time so.. :scratch:

But she had a solo tour in 2008. Janet's been consistently touring for quite some time so.. :scratch:
yeah for 2 months at the end of 2008 after the reunion wasnt going to happen.also just in north america.not a world tour like this one is supposed to be.

So, now,people are not going to believe Any of what the Jacksons are saying, like they can't be believed At all, like all they say is full of' s***, but choose to defend AEG just for the sake of it? Some can see farther than pride, and "some" should respect that instead of inciting to this much irrational passion.

(When have the Jacksons PROVED that what they are saying is correct. Joe said that Michael was not even able to rehearse for the TII concerts. When TII, the movie, came out Joe claimed that the person in the movie was not really Michael and a double. You know why he said that, because the movie showed Michael IN CONTROL,, ENERGETIC and singing and dancing his ass off. Joe never admitted that he was wrong and continued to say that Michael was "drugged-up" and couldn't function. Have you forgotten that?)

AEG is not responsible... Not at all, really? Not one bit?

(I don't know what AEG is responsible of; however, Conrad Murray is the one who MURDERED Michael with his negligence, incompetence and COVER-UP.)

Not a fact, maybe it was obvious to some, not all, just because "everybody" says it, Not everybody said that.

He didn't accept touring with them, he even released a press release stating that. He was gonna do 50

(Michael accepted that he SOLD-OUT 50 concerts. No one FORCED him to agree to those 50 SOLD-OUT shows. In case you have forgotten, those 50 shows were spread out over a YEAR. Michael was scheduled to do ONLY one or two shows a week. In November, he took a week or two week BREAK. In December, there was a BIG break. Jermaine even acknowledged that these shows were not scheduled one after the other. In fact, this is what Michael did in ALL of his solo tours. He had breaks between shows. You and others who think like you, act as if Michael was going to do all 50 shows back to back, when that is NOT true. I guess you think that some of us fans are stupid and don't know these FACTS.)

yeah for 2 months at the end of 2008 after the reunion wasnt going to happen.also just in north america.not a world tour like this one is supposed to be.

Still,in her defense, at least Janet was consistently releasing albums and trying to do tours on her own..She didn't just sit around doing nothing unless Michael said he would join her. She was supposed to go to Japan as well in 2009 but it was canceled by concert promoters because of the Economy situation.

Still,in her defense, at least Janet was consistently releasing albums and trying to do tours on her own..She didn't just sit around doing nothing unless Michael said he would join her.
yeah obviously. shes always done her own thing upto that point. she had her own career

Very true. AEG wanted NO part of Murray. They wanted Michael to wait until he got to London to get a doctor. Michael wanted Murray because he TRUSTED the bastard. Sadly, If Michael had used ANOTHER doctor, I truly believe that he would still be alive. Murray doesn't deserve to be called a "doctor". His INCOMPETENCE and NEGLIGENCE is astounding. He murdered Michael with his incompetence and negligence.

are people still believeing everything murray and aeg say as true?????

(Michael accepted that he SOLD-OUT 50 concerts. No one FORCED him to agree to those 50 SOLD-OUT shows. In case you have forgotten, those 50 shows were spread out over a YEAR.)

It's pretty clear that Michael was being controlled.

mj agreed to do it. he had turned them down for the previous 2 years.

and yeah i agree re the 50. wouldnt surprise me if thome agreed seeing as for some stupid reason he had POA

But, here is a problem that people may want to ignore but can't. If Thome did indeed have POA, then he would probably have had a right to accept for more shows without consulting Michael; the fact that he had such power would have been Michael's doing--no one else's. Michael has been in bad situations with such before, so if such is really true, then Thome exercising that power would be the ramifications for such.

And what about Michael agreeing to do these concerts do people not understand. And people have yet to say what AEG has gotten (factually) from Michael's death that they would not have gotten with him alive (and with the concerts going forward or being canceled).

Also, if one is to believe the allegations in the lawsuit, why didn't the family who was around Michael in the times leading up to all this do some "forcing" of their own? Or better yet, if AEG had done what so many had said they should have (forced him for treatment, canceled the concerts, etc.) wouldn't they still have been accused of controlling the situation? And since Michael was this controlled and in such as state of fear, confusion, etc., who exactly was doing the daily caretaking of the children? Or did he always suddenly snap back to alertness and control when it came to them?

AEG may not be perfect but they are part of an industry which is all about who can make the best deals for self; I don't think Michael ever entered into a contract to help the other side to more than he got.

If people truly are concerned about the truth, then start focusing on what is known as facts. Weaving stories about this person and that person does nothing to help Michael because sometimes the very ones that are so obvious to you are the least ones that you should fear.

Typing fast, point is he was getting pressured into doing these many shows and Told Philips by phone he didn't want more;his inability to sleep wasn't gonna help either.

You've heard a tape of this phone conversation?

But, here is a problem that people may want to ignore but can't. If Thome did indeed have POA, then he would probably have had a right to accept for more shows without consulting Michael; the fact that he had such power would have been Michael's doing--no one else's. Michael has been in bad situations with such before, so if such is really true, then Thome exercising that power would be the ramifications for such.
yes u are right. if its right and thome had POA then mj was stupid (sorry) he had been in this postion before when he gave weisner/konitzer POA and he got burnt yet he went and did it again. theres no reason for someone to give their POA to someone in that situation.

If Thome did indeed have POA, then he would probably have had a right to accept for more shows without consulting Michael; the fact that he had such power would have been Michael's doing--no one else's. Michael has been in bad situations with such before, so if such is really true, then Thome exercising that power would be the ramifications for such.

If it was Michael's doing, then why was he surprised that Thome had that much power in the first place???

And what about Michael agreeing to do these concerts do people not understand. And people have yet to say what AEG has gotten (factually) from Michael's death that they would not have gotten with him alive (and with the concerts going forward or being canceled).

"That's not what Michael told me. He told me he only wanted to do ten." - leonard rowe

If people truly are concerned about the truth, then start focusing on what is known as facts. Weaving stories about this person and that person does nothing to help Michael because sometimes the very ones that are so obvious to you are the least ones that you should fear.

If people truly are concerned about the truth, then start focusing on what Michael has told us in the past, start focusing on all the contradictions, start taking a very close ear on what these people ACTUALLY SAY!!

"That long? Oh my God!"/ "No, I can't stay there that long!" - michael according to Randy (sometimes they just need to shut up before they get themselves in more hot water)

Last edited:

If it was Michael's doing, then why was he surprised that Thome had that much power in the first place???

"That's not what Michael told me. He told me he only wanted to do ten." - leonard rowe

If people truly are concerned about the truth, then start focusing on what Michael has told us in the past, start focusing on all the contradictions, start taking a very close eye on what these people ACTUALLY SAY!!

"That long? Oh my God!"/ "No, I can't stay there that long!" - michael according to Randy (sometimes they just need to shut up before they get themselves in more hot water)

exactly they had those shows sold out and more added before Michael even woke up....and how about what the FF said...how Michael told them he didn't sign up for all those shows...WHY in the name of God would they lie. People....sometimes ya gotta look at what is right infront of your face. Michael was being dooped and he just didn't know how to get out of it. HE felt trapped that much is obvious.

Last edited:

unless ppl are sying the contract was fake he signed up for a max of 31 min of 18 originally

There are too many people saying he only agreed to do 10.

I don't know what "That long? Oh my God!"/ "No, I can't stay there that long!" means to you. But to me, it means Michael didn't want to stay in one place that long and do all those shows.

I believe I know the REAL reason why those shows were added by thome. But I won't say it here. This isn't conspiracy.

If people truly are concerned about the truth, then start focusing on what Michael has told us in the past, start focusing on all the contradictions, start taking a very close ear on what these people ACTUALLY SAY!!

People don't just get POA (again, if he indeed did have such).

Also, Michael's signature was on that contract that stated more than 10 shows; therefore, it would still have been on Michael to sign a contract with such in it if he only wanted to do 10. Michael had enough intelligence to understand that if he signed a contract stating more than 10 shows he may have to do more than 10 shows. Also, would 10 shows have really recouped the production costs for either him or AEG? I don't think that Michael would have asked for a production that would have cost more than what he was going to bring in. Now if this was truly all about Michael not wanting to tour and do a lot of shows yet still get quick money then it would have made no sense not to do the Jackson family show.

Here is what is reallly weird . . . Thome supposedly could control Michael so that Michael would not have legally fought back against his signing him up for more shows than he wanted or could do, yet Michael had no problem getting legal reps to stop the auction that Thome had put in motion and then fire him. Wow . . . Michael was just really scattered wasn't he--one minute stopping what he didn't want to happen and the next just rolling over like a puppy dog. If the contract wasn't legit, Michael could have stopped it; Michael could have walked away before millions and millions were spent on production; but he chose not to.

As for listening to what Michael says, that is fine if you are actually privy to what Michael has said firsthand. Most on this board or in this discussion are not. We weren't privy to his discussions with AEG, his decision-making process for even doing these shows or any other kind of work, etc. We don't know what he has stated before that he changed his mind about (do not forget that the man could change his mind).

And where exactly did that specific quote come from that is being credited to Phillips? Are those the actual words that he used?

Last edited:

There are too many people saying he only agreed to do 10.

. . .

How many people are really saying this? Who is it that are all the people saying this?

Guys number of concerts are totally irrelevant to this case as

- Katherine Jackson makes no claim of increasing the number of concerts without Michael's knowledge by AEG or other possible parties such as Tohme
- She makes no claims about the contract other than that if Michael couldn't satisfy the conditions his assets were on line
- Michael died during the rehearsal and not performing

and this is what I mean by separating the discussion about this case from conspiracy. If you want to discuss the number of concerts we have other threads for that. It would be more suitable to keep this thread about the claims made by Katherine and AEG in their complaint and response.

classic;3169220 said:

classic;3169220 said:

No, Randy Philips said it himself. That Jackson told him he wanted no more shows to be added: "No more shows, Randy, no more shows". Been repeating it for a while, have searched for that article, can't seem to find it right now, but that was what he said.

There were "This Is It" posters advertising for 10 shows only in the beginning. 10 London shows.

Also, speaking about phone convos, shame on me for actually posting this from a private convo, it was posted before, but this is about Thome Thome again, one important partner of Philips and AEG, if not, a Key partner, who was more than a shady man, + some more on his letter announcing Thome he's fired; this was posted some months ago, I believe, and the voice that is heard on the tapes is Michael's, no doubt:

-- Shortly after his sudden passing, Reverend June Gatlin, his spiritual advisor, makes public for Today’s Show a taped conversation between her and Jackson on September 23, 2008, regarding Dr. Thome Thome, Jackson’s former financial manager, “with his permission’, she claims. “He had taken over Michael’s complete life!” Gatlin stresses. “He had taken over. […] Michael was definitely afraid of him. That’s an excellent word: definitely afraid. […] He was afraid of who this man is, afraid of whatever this man may or be capable of doing. […] He told me, “June, I don’t like him, I don’t trust him. He’s vain, he’s trying to keep me and separate me from everything and everybody I love”, Gatlin says. Michael Jackson can be heard saying: “Last time we spoke, you told me to check on Dr. Thome and I did a complete checking. This guy, he just has ways about him that looks (sic) like he’s… see what he’s done.. There’s a divide between me and my representatives, and I don’t talk to my lawyer, my accountant. I talk to him and he talks to them. […] I know it’s not good. I don’t like it. I wanna get somebody in there with him that I know and trust. I mean, I don’t know what’s in my accounts. I don’t know.. […] I know it’s not good. […] I totally agree with that. That’s why I’m calling you.” A few months prior to his passing, Jackson dismissed Thome as his advisor and manager with a formal letter that stated “Dr Thome is no longer authorized to represent me.” Despite this, Thome would still assume and carry out business on the entertainer’s behalf for a while. After Thome’s dismissal, Leonard Rowe, another representative of The Jacksons’ group in the 80’s, comes on board, brought in by father Joseph Jackson. However, shortly after his hiring, he too is required to stop representing him. An official letter, signed by Michael J. Jackson, May 20, 2009, states: “After further consideration, I decided to streamline my business operations at this time. This is to inform you that you do not represent me and I do not wish to have any oral and verbal communications with you regarding the handling of my business and/or personal matters. With respect to my touring matters, please feel free to contact Frank Dileo or Randy Phillip of AEG.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eyBiYH2q9E - the source for the above, the phone excerpts included

No additional words for me on the above, they're clear. And, to emphasize again, I'm not underestimating Michael, he was such a strong and bright mind and person, just say he was surrounded by more and more characters that were inserting themselves purposely in hi life and affairs, and with many lawsuits hounding him for too long and to a worrisome extent, esp the last year/couple of years of his life, he got swirled into something to big to even get out of; they were sucking him dry, if it wasn't clear before, listen/read to Michael's own words on this.

I know this is long but it is worth the read,,it tells how Michael only agreed to 10shows....it tells how Randy knew Michael was nervous....amd much more...just read...

Media and Telecoms

Randy Phillips profile: Michael Jackson's promoter is making all the right moves

"He's 50 but he's going to dance his ass off," says the confident, quick-talking Randy Phillips, chief executive of AEG Live and promoter of acts from Britney Spears and Prince.

Randy-Phillips_1366273c.jpg

Image 1 of 3
Randy Phillips is President and CEO of AEG Live.

jackson_1365535c.jpg

Image 1 of 3
Michael Jackson during a press conference to announce his comeback tour at the o2 Photo: JANE MINGAY

jackson_queues_1365613c.jpg

Image 1 of 3
Crowds queue for Michael Jackson tickets which went on sale at 7am at the O2 Arena in London Photo: PA

By Rowena Mason 12:01AM GMT 14 Mar 2009 Comment

This is the man who persuaded Michael Jackson, that elusive, reclusive eccentric, to return as the King of Pop for a tour at AEG's O2 venue, the ex-Millennium Dome. "He's working on a new move. Something like the Moonwalk, but different."

Phillips clearly understands how to whet the appetite of Jackson's scrums of fans. More than 250,000 joined the online queue, with 800 turning up to the O2 itself to get seats for the 50 dates.

Watching him order tea at the Dorchester Hotel, Phillips has the neurotic chatter of a Woody Allen.

"I've gotta have Dorchester blend with honey and skim milk, right? And multigrain sandwiches... salmon, egg and maybe a few chicken," he says.

This precise, organisational mastermind has kicked up a global ticketing storm just four months after a high-pitched "yes" was uttered from Jackson's pinched lips. The pair go back 15 years – they lost touch, but after the promoter joined AEG he made a "hit list" of acts to entice. Jackson was at the top.

14 Mar 200914 Mar 2009
"We finally made Mohammed come to the mountain of the O2," Phillips grins. Jackson refused twice, but several months ago, the idea arose as the superstar was putting together a restructuring plan for his finances. Not hat we should believe rumours that Jackson is struggling, after spending a fortune on security and lawyers after his famous child abuse trial – which ended with his acquittal.
"They make out Michael's finances are much more dire than they are," Phillips assures me. But he needed the cash, right? "I asked him straight off: why say yes to the tour now? Was it the money? He said: you know what, my kids are old enough now." Jackson agreed to do 10 dates for AEG, before relenting to 40 more. The star "worships" London, but plans to stay in a country house where his children can play. If any Daily Telegraph readers have a plush rural pad for rent, Phillips wants to know.
He estimates Jackson will make $50m-$100m from the London dates. This could rise to $500m if he does a world tour.
So how much is AEG getting out of this? Phillips laughs. "We're not in this for the money. We're taking a huge risk on Michael. Forgetting tickets, the local economy will get $500m."
Things haven't gone entirely seamlessly for AEG since they put their money behind Jackson. Most tickets are being sold straight to fans for £50-£75. But AEG claims its premium ticket partner, Viagogo offered seats for re-sale in bulk, allowing touts and other re-sellers to push up prices. A court has now ordered Viagogo to stop selling to anyone not believed to be an individual fan, until a further hearing.
Another potential hitch is that they do not yet have insurance covering Jackson's appearance at all 50 gigs – but Phillips insists any risk will be worth it.
"If Mike gets too nervous to go on, I'll throw him over my shoulder and carry him on stage. He's light enough."
In recent days, there has been furious speculation about Jackson's health, which Phillips dismisses. "Making up rumours about Michael Jackson is a cottage industry," he exclaims. "We were having dinner when I got a Google alert that he had a flesh-eating disease. He was sitting opposite, healthy as ever."
Among the other urban myths he demolishes: ***** is not as weird as I may think, but a devoted parent, and though famed for Jesus-like shows, "not a confident person".
Jackson's nerves aside, the deal could have been off if Phil Anschutz, the billionaire behind AEG had not taken to him.
"Phil had to give me permission to spend all this money. I joke that I'm going to make him a millionaire – from a billionaire." Anschutz has been described as prickly, but Phillips says he is "respectful, a good listener and brilliant".
Anschutz built up his empire from property and launched AEG to take on the force of Live Nation: its corporate nemesis.
"We are under assault by an 800lb gorilla called Live Nation, planning to merge with Ticketmaster. It's not good, but we are there doing better."
AEG is certainly putting its all into making the tour superlative. Hiring Kenny Ortega, the man behind High School Musical, booking superstar guest appearances, putting money into a new 3D film of Thriller and developing new technology to make it a historical spectacle.
"Now we have the biggest artist in the world at the best arena in the best city," Phillips declares, digesting the news that 750,000 tickets have sold out in five hours. He has the satisfied look of a man who has just pulled off an inconceivably ambitious plan.

a staff member came in here and said this is the wrong thread to discuss the approval of the ten shows. we have to go discuss it in the conspiracy section thats even more hidden now.

I believe Katherine is right that aeg was controlling Michael.

The last rehearsal: “He was his old self. He was interacting with us, giving us suggestions, making changes. In the beginning, he let everyone else run things. Then, he was like, ‘This is my show. We’re going to do it how I want to do it.’ I loved it. That’s something I always wanted to see. I thought he was being taken advantage of in the beginning because he was older. ... And you could tell he had something to say, but he wouldn’t say it. But that last day, he took over.
“He knew what he wanted. The dancers were like, ‘Good, he’s speaking up.’ The dancers had Michael’s back.”
CG

yes u are right. if its right and thome had POA then mj was stupid (sorry) he had been in this postion before when he gave weisner/konitzer POA and he got burnt yet he went and did it again. theres no reason for someone to give their POA to someone in that situation.

If this is direction this thread is taking... Jackson is dead, alright, stupid or not, at least his his heart was in the right place. Better being stupid than a smart snake like these guys.

There's no reason? It takes to be in someone's position to fully understand them, correctly, but that pretty much gives some a bitter taste of how his life was really getting for him, Especially After a Near-death experience with the trial. He had too much to handle, in 2005, he was torn emotionally, people like that Sheik taking advantage of him at his most vulnerable convalescent points, as well as 2006, maybe even 2007, he retreated to Ireland... He needed breathing, too. As a parent, an artist, he couldn't focus on that much, he was a human with so many responsibilities, not gonna re-do a pathetic ABC list on them. Read what he himself says, that he knows that wasn't right, that he was always in search for a reliable person/persons to help him. He had this whole empire to be maintained, Neverland, plus the Sony catalogue. Yeah, he was human, news flash, not a robot, hence ending up being 'stupid' at times.

Michael was taken advantage of and he did not have much control over his life when thome and AGE came in the picture, in leonard rowe book you can read about the contract the lawyer that represented michael drew up about the o2 shows these lawyers were working for AEG and michael would have lost just about everything the way the contract state, no! michael had no real control he was threathend by this contract. AEG along with thome tricked michael, I am sure this AEG contract is in this suit that katherine filed.

Yeah... Too bad that, you know, that some can't be fully credible, Leonard Rowe very much so, but they Do make some good points, one can't really rule Out everything they say, because of what else they say at times, like Rowe claiming Michael was a druggie after he got fired. And people must remember it's the same with the Jacksons (won't include Joe...): not believing in Anything these people is a bit unreasonable to say the least, that Jackie, Marlon, even Jermaine, even La Toya, at least as of yet haven't been pushing this 'druggie' thing and have been very much supportive of him, forget about past things, we're talking post June 25, Jackie and Marlon have been the most sincere so far and the most loving. Also, we don't know why they're not releasing press releases or comment on Murray, but it's safe to say that isn't very indicated when a trial is pending, so cut at least these mentioned members some slack..

Last edited:

It's pretty clear that Michael was being controlled.

... You got Michael's own words on tape pertaining to Thome, a key-AEG partner, and that still isn't enough, sadly.

It IS enough. Unless some people have an agenda here or something, but I'm not going to go there.

It's clear that Michael was being controlled, Katherine is right in her lawsuit.

Here is what is reallly weird . . . Thome supposedly could control Michael so that Michael would not have legally fought back against his signing him up for more shows than he wanted or could do, yet Michael had no problem getting legal reps to stop the auction that Thome had put in motion and then fire him. Wow . . . Michael was just really scattered wasn't he--one minute stopping what he didn't want to happen and the next just rolling over like a puppy dog. If the contract wasn't legit, Michael could have stopped it; Michael could have walked away before millions and millions were spent on production; but he chose not to.

?... Thome Thome desperately tried to stop the auction, because Thome was selling more items, if not all, and Michael only wanted a part, Thome working behind his back, and Then Threatening Juliens Auctions, that if they do Not stop the auction, there will be 'bloodshed', that was Thome's way of reacting to hot waters, and to make his 'boss' look bad, when only the mafia men express themselves like that. That was another huge stepping stone in Jackson's way. Of course he would want the auction canceled, then Thome fired for them trying to sell him off like that, he wasn't a legume, and some need to stop insinuating/bluntly and erroneously concluding that some people believe he was; all some are saying is that he was heavily controlled, Thome is only one example. When he learned he was gonna get fired, Thome didn't consider himself that way and kept releasing press-releases, I believe, saying he still handles his affairs. He was opposing his laying-off publicly, not intending to leave. ASfter June 25, Thome himself said his 'job' was also to keep anyone or many away from him, same as Philips himself said....How many more times this needs to be explained?

a staff member came in here and said this is the wrong thread to discuss the approval of the ten shows. we have to go discuss it in the conspiracy section thats even more hidden now.

because the thread is getting derailed and it becomes about anything and everything related to Michael's death when it's supposed to be about the Katherine - AEG lawsuit.

As you can see the Case forum is in a more predominant position now and don't worry with the prelim and the criminal case we'll be getting more information and be able to discuss it in detail.

I'll be analyzing it in detail as well.

because the thread is getting derailed and it becomes about anything and everything related to Michael's death when it's supposed to be about the Katherine - AEG lawsuit.

True. But it has focused a lot on AEG's Randy Philips and Thome Thome as well, so; without some little history and support mentionings of what's being demonstrated, Michael's own words, as well, one can't analyse this lawsuit, they're very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back