X Factor finalists to release MJ charity single

Like you guys I wished it was Michael up there. But, even after his death his music is helping sick children and I'm sure Michael is looking down and smiling about this.

Beautiful cause and I'm sure Michael is sooo proud his song is helping sick children.

Michael's songs are so uncoverable though. No one else can do them justice.
The X Factor finalists sang (mimed) You Are Not Alone horribly in my opinion. The parts were very unevenly spread out too..John and Edward get four words and Joe gets half the song?

I'm just glad Great Ormond Street and Michael's estate are benefitting. The video for the work Great Ormond Street do had me in tears.

I'll buy it. As it was fairly good, but mainly it was a cause MJ supported. He went to that hospital to visit kids in the past.

You know, people love Frank Sinatra and there were so many who said he was untouchable and then along came Michael Buble and he has done a great job and made the songs fresh and new and his own.

Mariah Carey already did one of MJ's songs; I'll Be There and it became a hit for her. Beatles songs have been redone, and one by Michael Himself (Come Together).

It is part of the music industry. You write songs, people will come along and sing them. It simply means they love the song; not just the original singer and that is a complement to Michael.

While we hard core fans would rather Michael sing the song and are used to hearing his version in his voice, if you just don't like the new version, just don't buy it. There were a number of songs that Michael sang that were not his own that we love (Smile comes to mind). Its all about keeping an open mind.

Beautiful cause and I'm sure Michael is sooo proud his song is helping sick children.

Michael's songs are so uncoverable though. No one else can do them justice.
The X Factor finalists sang (mimed) You Are Not Alone horribly in my opinion. The parts were very unevenly spread out too..John and Edward get four words and Joe gets half the song?

I'm just glad Great Ormond Street and Michael's estate are benefitting. The video for the work Great Ormond Street do had me in tears.
John and Edward only got one line because they can't really sing. I think it's fair that the best singers got to sing the most.

John and Edward only got one line because they can't really sing. I think it's fair that the best singers got to sing the most.

I don't! They're all in the competition fair and square so they should all be treated equally on the finalists' charity record.. Joe started and ended the song. I think he's adorable and a great singer but that's not exactly fair.
And John and Edward can sing, they just mightn't be the best singers. They're average.

They didn't even mention his name.. that has annoyed me..

I think they did a really good job! Made me tear up alot! Maybe because i knew how much Michael would have appreciated it!!

However i am a bit annoyed Michael was not even mentioned! Obviously Simon cowels ego did not want be brought down with a bump when he realised that there are bigger stars out there then him!!

Yeah, Dermot's introduction was so poor.
Especially considering he had the honour of MEETING Michael and introducing him at the TII conference! :(
He didn't even say whose song YANA is!

Yeah, Dermot's introduction was so poor.
Especially considering he had the honour of MEETING Michael and introducing him at the TII conference! :(
He didn't even say whose song YANA is!

I know..

They just said this is the X factor charity single.. :(

Same on the website too under the clip of it. I made a comment and also sent a comment to the Xtra factor program. Don't know if they read it.

It was just rude to use the song and not to say whose song it was. They could have at least said 'This is the X Factor charity single, a cover of Michael Jackson's hit song You Are Not Alone'

It would have been ideal if they had also added something about it being a cause close to his heart or something simple like that to acknowledge all his good work for that cause.

And another thing, this is not about the charity single but.. MJ is the King of Pop.. he's the greatest pop star ever, X Factor is a pop show. You'd think they'd mention about the loss of a huge pop icon.

Did anyone else think the Queen and YANA performances seemed lip-synced on this sunday's show?

Did anyone else think the Queen and YANA performances seemed lip-synced on this sunday's show?

Definately, and YANA also seemed to be pre-recorded - they moved too quickly for it to be live when they cut to different camera shots.

yeh all the group performances apart from the very first show looked lipsynced

I think they did a really good job! Made me tear up alot! Maybe because i knew how much Michael would have appreciated it!!

However i am a bit annoyed Michael was not even mentioned! Obviously Simon cowels ego did not want be brought down with a bump when he realised that there are bigger stars out there then him!!

Lol so very true. Well there is a rumoured tribute to Michael during semi final week so I'll let him off to then!

I know..

They just said this is the X factor charity single.. :(

Same on the website too under the clip of it. I made a comment and also sent a comment to the Xtra factor program. Don't know if they read it.

It was just rude to use the song and not to say whose song it was. They could have at least said 'This is the X Factor charity single, a cover of Michael Jackson's hit song You Are Not Alone'

It would have been ideal if they had also added something about it being a cause close to his heart or something simple like that to acknowledge all his good work for that cause.

And another thing, this is not about the charity single but.. MJ is the King of Pop.. he's the greatest pop star ever, X Factor is a pop show. You'd think they'd mention about the loss of a huge pop icon.

I am just so disillusioned with it all! It doesn't make sense. :( Everything you mentioned..you're so right.
I can't fathom it at all.
Were they afraid people would buy the superior original version if they mentioned Michael? I know that seems so cynical but a friend suggested it to me.
Michael would be so thrilled his song is benefitting this cause though, why did they not show him respect!! :(

Back