X Factor finalists to release MJ charity single

Sophielo

Proud Member
A British celebrity website has reported that all 12 X Factor finalists have secretly recorded a Michael Jackson song this week, due to be released in November, which will pay tribute to the King of Pop and raise money for the Great Ormond Street Hospital in London, a hospital that Michael himself gave a lot of money to.

http://www.johnnyikon.com/articles/...o-release-Michael-Jackson-charity-single.html

oh god, which one will they have done, lol. probably man in the mirror

Awww great :) I'm going to buy it. That's really thoughtful..

I hope so. :) Should hopefully raise alot of money

lol, im all for it, publicity for mj, money for charity, ect. its just the though of the murdering an MJ classic, lol. but im saying this in a light hearted way, dont take this as negativity, its just a little sickly thats all. but its a really nice idea, im sure mj would be proud

A great cause and of course its keeping Michael Jacksons music out there

This is great news! Such a deserving charity too :)
J M Barrie who wrote Peter Pan gave all his royalties to Great Ormond Street too so this is a very fitting tribute indeed.Michael would love this choice :)

This is great :)

Can't picture John & Edward singing MJ though
(For non UK residents youtube John & Edward)

Yeah, I edited my first post about John & Edward because I didn't want to sound 'negative' LOL. I don't like them singing any song, let alone Michaels.

That's sweet if it's true. A nice thing to that Michael would love, and it highlights that Michael did a lot for charities.

More details:

THE X Factor's finalists will release a charity single next month - for Great Ormond Street children's hospital.

The 12 acts recorded a cover of Michael Jackson hit You Are Not Alone in the Abbey Road Studios last week.

They will sing it live for the first time on November 15's results show, and the single will go on sale the next day.

Last year, the finalists' cover of Mariah Carey's Hero raised more than £1 million for armed troops' charity Help for Heroes. Show supremo Simon Cowell said: "Following that, we decided we wanted to do something annually on the show to help good causes.
"I'm very proud of the single."

Hospital chief executive Dr Jane Collins said: "Everyone here is extremely excited. We really hope the public will buy it so we can help more sick children from across the UK."

And lung-transplant patient Jade Rowles, 14, who met Alexandra Burke last year, said: "I think it's brilliant that X Factor is supporting the hospital."

Source: News of The World

Aw no!! Isit just me or does anyone else not think this is a good idea?
I hate it when others cover MJ songs or any big artist songs, like when they covered Mariah Carey's Hero last year!
I know its great that this is going to charity and people are noticing Michael's work now, but why cant they chose another song! Its just gonna get overplayed and in my opinion Michael's music is too good for these people! :(

However i'm glad that its going to a great cause and hope it does well and helps many people

Last edited:
thier cover of mariah carey went to number 1 last year, my guess is, so will this

Its for charity and as much as I hate the X Factor singles I know that MJ would have been 100% behind one of his songs being recorded to raise money for Great Ormond Street.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. why do they have to cover the greatest artist in history its never going to be a good song in a million years. This is probably the song most people listen to when they want to remember MJ and now some wannabes from the x-factor are re-releasing it. This is terrible news there going to murder a great song.

I'm happy, maybe this can help even more young people get into MJ's catalogue :)

I'm surprised they chose You Are Not Alone. Heal The World or Man in the Mirror would have been better choises imo, but honestly, I'm a little scared of hearing their version regardless of the song they chose to cover. But at least it's for a good cause.

I'm surprised they chose You Are Not Alone. Heal The World or Man in the Mirror would have been better choises imo, but honestly, I'm a little scared of hearing their version regardless of the song they chose to cover. But at least it's for a good cause.

Yeah, but You Are Not Alone makes sense for the charity and is not so much a "signature" song for MJ. MITM is his closer, he finishes with a knock 'em dead rendition of it that would just be tacky if it was covered. Heal The World is a bit broad for a hospital charity too...

Heal The World is being done by some Liverpool choir for James Bulger Charity, thats probably why they didnt do that!

And MITM is a bit too iconic

I think this is a wonderful idea. It's keeping Michael's legacy alive and donating to one of his favoured charities at the same time.

Back