World Exclusive Photograph: The Sphinx - update: Picture Now posted

I guess some ppl have never seen how asian girls look like.
well i havnt seen one that looks like mj. lol last time i looked mj didnt look indian/pakistani or chinese/japanese/korean etc. having long black straight hair in the vibe photshot doesnt make u look anything unles he suddenly had dark skin and looked like he was from india etc or suddenly developed slitty eyes and a complexion to go with it

Last edited:
2. and the one I EDITED WITH A THRILLER PICTURE
just to point out the difference

!!!

Why did you use a Thriller picture to point out the difference to a picture taken in 1999? His nose had changed by then.

This has to end! We don't know what Michael was thinking when he did that photoshoot!
Let's ALL RESPECT HIM, HIS CHOICES AND HIS ART!
Enough of it!

There is no disrespect towards Michael or his Art but it's disrespectful how the artist portrayed what MJ might have had in his mind.

The pic would not be bad if it actually looked like MJ and not so overly edited.

There is no disrespect towards Michael or his Art but it's disrespectful how the artist portrayed what MJ might have had in his mind.

The pic would not be bad if it actually looked like MJ and not so overly edited.

You don't know what Michael had in mind, I don't know, NOBODY but Michael and whoever is behind "The Sphinx" knows. For all we know Michael personally over-looked the whole thing.

Shiiiiiiiiit...i don't have words for this. I had never seen this article, only heard of it. And later when Michael passed away, he went 'oh it's so horrible, bla bla' these people are the worst scum of the earth. I wish he had gotten much more of a beating, much much more and WORSE. What a piece of shit...sorry, no other words for it.

Yah, he should have gotten beat down worse.:ranting

Ok, I think we really need to stop it here. It is not by any means racist to say that someone looks like a race other than what they are. I hope there is something lost there in that translation. Many people can look like something other than where they were born. It's called genetics.

Also, we people of different experiences see things different ways. If someone sees Mj as looking like a female Asian in the picture and you do not, what does it matter? It is not that serious to take to demeaning another member. No one is disrespecting MJ. So why the hatred?

About the picture - Sorry I don't like it, it doesn't look anything like Michael and I'm happy that it wasn't used on the invincible cover. I love Invincible cover. I have 2 posters of it (blue and orange) and one is on my wall and it's wonderful.

I'm also having serious thoughts about this Arno Bani pictures. I had pre ordered the book a month ago but now I question whether to cancel my order.

Ok I gonna use this pic of Mike as my avatar for a while. Everybody can hate me now.

It would not bother me... :lol:

Last edited:
Guys I have just been and cleaned this thread. A lot of people don't like the picture and some people do. There is called difference of opinion which needs to be respected. The personal attacks must stop now. Stick to discussion about the picture please. We don't want to stifle any discussion but when members are being attacked we need to step in. Thanks everyone

Ok, I think we really need to stop it here. It is not by any means racist to say that someone looks like a race other than what they are. I hope there is something lost there in that translation. Many people can look like something other than where they were born. It's called genetics.

Also, we people of different experiences see things different ways. If someone sees Mj as looking like a female Asian in the picture and you do not, what does it matter? It is not that serious to take to demeaning another member. No one is disrespecting MJ. So why the hatred?

You think it's not disrespecting to say Michael looks like an Asian female, from the person (=a fan) who knows he isn't either one..?! It's an insult for the Asians too. I understand if someone who has never seen Michael doesn't know his genetics but from a fan it's disrespecting. It's the same than I would say someone on this board she looks too fat even thou that would be only my opinion.. It's racist.

Don't know if it was already brought up, but I noticed a big distance difference between the golden 'coat' and ears comparing pictures from behind and front.

bani002.jpg
1hea94.jpg

Not mentioning a huge skin color and 'coat' difference.... If both pictures are original and edited by same people, they should match more... :scratch:

Could it be that the shithead Hilton is playing games again? He has done that in the past with others. I could strangle him. He is so much a publicity seeker. It wonders me if that pic has been taken in 1999 like someone said why Michael doesn't look like the same he did.

don't totaly like the pictures, this doesn't look like Michael.

The pictures are real and were taken in 1999. It was reported at the time. They were to be considered for the Invincible album. I am 100% certain of that.

The way his face looks in this pic, is more like 2001 than 99. the lips especially. I know it's photoshoped, but it still looks more like 2001.

Ummm... I don't like it too much. A photoshoped pic like this one is not a real photo but a nice painting. It doesn't even look like Michael did in 1999-2001. Well, this is my opinion. I've seen better pics with less photoshop.

The way his face looks in this pic, is more like 2001 than 99. the lips especially. I know it's photoshoped, but it still looks more like 2001.

Yeah, but they were taken somewhere between May and September in 1999 as far as I remember. I still have some press articles about the photosession from 1999.

http://www.auctioncatalog-michaeljackson.com/catalog.php here you can see a few of the "Blue Eye" pics that were not photoshopped, I am sure there'll be similar ones in the catalogue for the "Sphinx" look and the other two.

-----------------

I love the Sphinx look. Had it been less edited, it would've been brilliant.
I'd still like to see these Arno Bani pics on the cover of the new album. They're very cool. MJ's never been photographed that way, and it's something that really suits him and compliments his character. He was innovative and different, these photos show that.

Last edited:
don't totaly like the pictures, this doesn't look like Michael.
You read my mind. I don't understand how everyone goes on and on about this pic.........it's clearly edited beyond belief. Look at other pics from the "Vince" era........Michael looked different.

You think it's not disrespecting to say Michael looks like an Asian female, from the person (=a fan) who knows he isn't either one..?! It's an insult for the Asians too. I understand if someone who has never seen Michael doesn't know his genetics but from a fan it's disrespecting. It's the same than I would say someone on this board she looks too fat even thou that would be only my opinion.. It's racist.

It's not and you can please stop with this discussion now. It is not racist to say this. Please look up what racist means before you start throwing words around that have a lot associated with it.
I can see where Pentum is coming from with that pic. I may not agree totally, but I can understand. Simply because you cannot, does not mean that someone suddenly becomes the Anti_Christ.
You all can agree to disagree.

To say someone looks Asian is NOT racist.

Especially when the picture is clearly edited. Michael never really looked Asian, but the way people do there make up and stuff can make them look a certain way.

I used to tell my ex gf she looked Egyptian, and shes white british. Its the same thing, is that racist? No it isnt.

Racist.........give me a break.

Back