Will Michael Jackson's Real Manager Please Stand Up

MJJC Moderator

Guests
TSCM posted this in the news thread but I think it deserves its own thread.

http://encore.celebrityaccess.com/index.ph...articleId=30345

Posted: April 2, 2009

ATLANTA (CelebrityAccess MediaWire) -- Rowe Entertainment appears to have sparked a controversy after they issued a press release through Champion Management, announcing that Leonard Rowe was going to be assuming management duties for the prodigal King of Pop, Michael Jackson.

Sources close to the matter have told CelebrityAccess that Rowe had joined forces with Michael Jackson's father Joseph Jackson to convince Michael to let them assume handling the artist's business affairs but that they had been rebuffed by the singer.

On the other side of the issue, Frank Dileo maintains that Rowe's press release was less than factual and that they manage Jackson.

A spokesman for Dileo told CelebrityAccess that they would release a statement along with AEG to address Rowe's claims next week and suggested that legal action may be in the offing.

However, AEG's Randy Phillips told CelebrityAccesss that they have been working with Dr. Tohme Tohme in connection with all of Michael Jackson's dates. Mr. Phillips went on to say that they are currently contemplating no legal action against Rowe and that they aren't planning any press releases.

Rowe is known for his work as a tour promoter and has worked with a number of artists including Marvin Gaye, however his most recent spate of publicity stemmed from a string of lawsuits late last year over an R. Kelly tour that Rowe promoted.

According to court documents, Kelly accused Rowe of selling shares in Kelly's "Double Up" tour to investors without Kelly's permission, despite a contractual stipulation that barred such sales. The court agreed and awarded Kelly $3.4 million over the matter.

Kelly's suit wasn't the only litigation to stem from the tour and the investors who'd purchased the non-existent shares in the tour filed suit against Rowe as did singer Ne-Yo, who won a $700,000 judgment against Rowe after he was dropped from Kelly's tour after only two shows.

Rowe was also part of a group of African-American promoters who attempted in 1998 to sue a number of entertainment firms, including CAA, WMA, Clear Channel Entertainment, APA and the Howard Rose Agency for $700 million, alleging racial discrimination. Several of the firms opted to settle but the case was finally rejected by the court in 2005.

Mr. Rowe did not respond to repeated requests for comment. - CelebrityAccess Staff Writers

So by what I'm reading Frank has now entered the picture in some capacity? Be it with AEG, Michael, Joseph, Thome- ???? I shouldn't be surprised, because everything involving one Michael Jackson takes on a huge life of it's own with all the accompanying drama, infighting, struggling for a piece of the action. Dang, anyway, nothing ever really changes.

Gives me a headache. I do know too many hands in the pot will ruin the dish and some of them involved got poison going on.

One thing I would like to tell Michael is "Please Michael open your eyes and see what is going on around you" *sigh* :no:

Wow - this seems reminiscent of pre-Victory tour drama! It's kind of nice to hear Frankie D is in the mix.

i just think if all that were true, Mj wouldve been swallowed up by now. people have had plenty of years practice if they wanted to take advantage of him...

angels watching from above

I wish Frank would be the only one involved with Michael right now as far as managers are concerned. All these people coming in right now is just confusing things because they seem to be pulling Michael in different directions IMO.

One thing I would like to tell Michael is "Please Michael open your eyes and see what is going on around you" *sigh* :no:

I think Michael does indeed know exactly what's going on around him. The flip side is that the media and the rest of the public/fans don't. And since there really hasn't been a statement from him yet, perhaps he wants it that way. I'm actually hoping that it stays that way. By people not knowing who to bombard, misquote, spy on, etc., Michael was able to pull off what is surely to become one of the best and biggest deals in entertainment with the information coming from him only when he was ready for it to be public. I'm sure that those who should be dealing with AEG are doing so and I'm sure that AEG knows exactly who they should be dealing with.

No matter what details people think Michael does or does not pay attention to, please remember that AEG has too much invested in this to let "normal" pettiness, confusion, etc. screw things up. They will demand to know who is legit and who is not, and Michael will give the information they need to know. And they will recognize that only he can truly vouch for anyone.

I like the title :)
If I have to bet will be I putting my money towards Randy Phillips - at AEG...yes he is "only" the tour manager but hey he actually delivers and does what he says...

Wish Mike would just make a statement and say "Look, this is whats going on........." Would certainly make things a whole lot simpler.

I am hereby asking Q to stand up and choose a manager ....whoever he chooses will be the ONE! :)

furthermore I sniff conspiracy ..here...my country was out of a Prime Minister for the last 2 weeks...the existing one resigned and no-one (they asked 10of the brainest) wanted to take the job...

hm...that went on for 2 weeks...this goes on for 2 weeks....hm..is it a co-incidence?

TSCM posted this in the news thread but I think it deserves its own thread.

http://encore.celebrityaccess.com/index.ph...articleId=30345

Posted: April 2, 2009

ATLANTA (CelebrityAccess MediaWire) -- Rowe Entertainment appears to have sparked a controversy after they issued a press release through Champion Management, announcing that Leonard Rowe was going to be assuming management duties for the prodigal King of Pop, Michael Jackson.

Sources close to the matter have told CelebrityAccess that Rowe had joined forces with Michael Jackson's father Joseph Jackson to convince Michael to let them assume handling the artist's business affairs but that they had been rebuffed by the singer.

On the other side of the issue, Frank Dileo maintains that Rowe's press release was less than factual and that they manage Jackson.

A spokesman for Dileo told CelebrityAccess that they would release a statement along with AEG to address Rowe's claims next week and suggested that legal action may be in the offing.

However, AEG's Randy Phillips told CelebrityAccesss that they have been working with Dr. Tohme Tohme in connection with all of Michael Jackson's dates. Mr. Phillips went on to say that they are currently contemplating no legal action against Rowe and that they aren't planning any press releases.

Rowe is known for his work as a tour promoter and has worked with a number of artists including Marvin Gaye, however his most recent spate of publicity stemmed from a string of lawsuits late last year over an R. Kelly tour that Rowe promoted.

According to court documents, Kelly accused Rowe of selling shares in Kelly's "Double Up" tour to investors without Kelly's permission, despite a contractual stipulation that barred such sales. The court agreed and awarded Kelly $3.4 million over the matter.

Kelly's suit wasn't the only litigation to stem from the tour and the investors who'd purchased the non-existent shares in the tour filed suit against Rowe as did singer Ne-Yo, who won a $700,000 judgment against Rowe after he was dropped from Kelly's tour after only two shows.

Rowe was also part of a group of African-American promoters who attempted in 1998 to sue a number of entertainment firms, including CAA, WMA, Clear Channel Entertainment, APA and the Howard Rose Agency for $700 million, alleging racial discrimination. Several of the firms opted to settle but the case was finally rejected by the court in 2005.

Mr. Rowe did not respond to repeated requests for comment. - CelebrityAccess Staff Writers
Is Dr. Thome really a manager then or is he more like a spokesperson? In that case maybe both he and Frank is involved and Joseph tried to convince Michael to hire Leonard Rowe. I mean I don´t pretend to know anything I am just speculating.

we knew about Frank being maneging Michael from the last year , a musician or a producer said in his interveiw that he was asked by MJ's maneger F.Dilo to work in the new album.

maybe Frank is maneging MJ music business, Tohme is for other business like neverland and the auction?

Frank would make the most sense, he was there during the 'peak' years.. and was only former manager to attend the trial! So while he may have had some disagrements with Mike in the past, he does care about him it would seem. More than any of the others did... So I for one hope Frnak is there somewhere...

I think Michael does indeed know exactly what's going on around him. The flip side is that the media and the rest of the public/fans don't. And since there really hasn't been a statement from him yet, perhaps he wants it that way. I'm actually hoping that it stays that way. By people not knowing who to bombard, misquote, spy on, etc., Michael was able to pull off what is surely to become one of the best and biggest deals in entertainment with the information coming from him only when he was ready for it to be public. I'm sure that those who should be dealing with AEG are doing so and I'm sure that AEG knows exactly who they should be dealing with.

No matter what details people think Michael does or does not pay attention to, please remember that AEG has too much invested in this to let "normal" pettiness, confusion, etc. screw things up. They will demand to know who is legit and who is not, and Michael will give the information they need to know. And they will recognize that only he can truly vouch for anyone.

Classic, thanks for this. Your post makes alot of sense and I agree with the points you made.

My thoughts as well Classic. Fans need to stop treating Michael like an idiot because they don't know anything.

my thoughts on this are simple.

watch the pc again from london. frank was there...frank's been around here and there, he planted the seed at the trial....it worked, mj was acquitted and he was the only one who showed up to 'support' him.

dom, raymone?! cheeky today? lol

the thing is, randy at aeg seems to be the only one looking out for mj's best interest cuz....it affects him wholeheartedly and if it gets mucked up, he loses whereas a manager can walk away from a mess and still make money.

so don't celebrate in the streets again so soon. just my two cents tho

my thoughts on this are simple.

watch the pc again from london. frank was there...frank's been around here and there, he planted the seed at the trial....it worked, mj was acquitted and he was the only one who showed up to 'support' him.

dom, raymone?! cheeky today? lol

the thing is, randy at aeg seems to be the only one looking out for mj's best interest cuz....it affects him wholeheartedly and if it gets mucked up, he loses whereas a manager can walk away from a mess and still make money.

so don't celebrate in the streets again so soon. just my two cents tho

Yes. That is the best business relationship to have: the one where they both gain from the same success. All others, no matter how sincere people are to begin with, are likely to get strained and go astray.

:flowers:

Exactly this is an advantage

Yep. There could very well be a method to the overall appearance of "madness". If that's the case, then I Likey. I really really Likey! :shifty:

Edit: I forgot to say "Tookie! Tookie! Tookie!!!" Yes, I'm biased. :p

I am hereby asking Q to stand up and choose a manager ....whoever he chooses will be the ONE! :)

furthermore I sniff conspiracy ..here...my country was out of a Prime Minister for the last 2 weeks...the existing one resigned and no-one (they asked 10of the brainest) wanted to take the job...

hm...that went on for 2 weeks...this goes on for 2 weeks....hm..is it a co-incidence?

after the attacks that were hurled at Ms Bains and Grace by fans and a certain media yellow journalist.. I can certainly understand why Michael has not and might not give any official annoucement about his management...

but make no mistake.. he knows who his management is ....

Back