Will Michael Jackson Appear at the American Idol Finale?

Coming out and performing a new song never heard before is a bad idea. I don't get why people think that it is a good idea. A song needs to be heard first as the way it was recorded...like on the radio or on a cd etc. Hearing a song sung or the first time live would just be confusion because you don't really know what you are hearing. If Michael was to perform on A.I., it should be a song we already know. And if he is planning on performing a new song at his This Is It concerts, it should be released in its recorded version beforehand. Otherwise, you can't appreciate the song as much.

I am not a fan of it. But if Michael was to do it, I think everyone would hope that the song would be available to have right after!

''Likewise, in a recent poll on AmericanIdol.com the Michael Jackson theme was one of the three listed choices in a 'favorites' poll (Michael Jackson night ended up winning with approximately 100,000 votes placed).''

now i know who won thanks! i guess i did not waste my time clicking on it over and over again when i was freaking bored. :)

now i heard Steve Martin will be on playing his new cd.

and im honestly getting sick of shows speculations MJ will be on and then say ohh its not mj for the buzz. it would be a nice surprise. but i dont think too much of suprise guests anymore.

Yeah, performing a brand new song in front of a live audience of several thousand people and 30 million+ viewers at home, that just doesn't make sense. A totally insane way to promote yourself and your music lol. Whoever would think to do need a talking to...

pleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetrue

Every year fans speculate about MJ showing up and it never happens. Don't see why this year should be any different but we shall see what happens. I'll be tuning in tonite to watch AI regardless.

Ok hold on...who came up with the the rumor that he will be there?? huh huh..lol tell me i want to know? WHERE are the facts to support that huh..lol

No facts really , but this happens at every big event pretty much. People speculate every year if MJ will be on American Idol, The Grammy's, Superbowl, VMA's, etc. lol. This year is no different. It would be good promo for MJ is he went on American Idol though since he finally has something to promote. He could talk about his tour or possible new album.

It wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea for Michael to perform a few stints here and there in anticipation of the full concerts, he'd get his feet wet again while also building hype for "This Is It" starting in July. Kind of like how BS performed a couple songs at several shows before her concerts officially started. Even so, I'm obviously skeptical that we'll see him on American Idol tonight.

It would be a great idea, however Michael will not perform on American Idol. His schedule is way too busy preparing for these shows. He is rehearsing everyday, dealing with all the chaos and stress of planning a large tour. Maybe next year guys!

Well starts in 8 minutes. :) I hope he appears, but that's just my wishful thinking,since I am a huge American Idol fan AND Michael Jackson fan. :) I also think it would be a great way to re-introduce himself back to the USA.

All i know. Is that if any time to appear on American Idol, its NOW.

MJ desperately needs to repair his image in the U.S., and one of the biggest ways to hel would be too go on idol and perform.

Like Simone Cal said, "he'd be stupid NOT to do it."

He saw Dangerous beginning to fall in sales in early 1993, and what did he do? He did a media blitz. Presidential Inauguration, Superbowl, Grammys, Oprah. And look what happened to Dangerous, Sales increased dramatically. In two weeks after the superbowl Dangeorus moved on the up 106 places, from #131 to #41 on the Billboard Hot 200.

And after The Oprah interview it moved up ANOTHER 31 places to #10, a YEAR after its release.

All i know. Is that if any time to appear on American Idol, its NOW.

MJ desperately needs to repair his image in the U.S., and one of the biggest ways to hel would be too go on idol and perform.

Like Simone Cal said, "he'd be stupid NOT to do it."

He saw Dangerous beginning to fall in sales in early 1993, and what did he do? He did a media blitz. Presidential Inauguration, Superbowl, Grammys, Oprah. And look what happened to Dangerous, Sales increased dramatically. In two weeks after the superbowl Dangeorus moved on the up 106 places, from #131 to #41 on the Billboard Hot 200.

And after The Oprah interview it moved up ANOTHER 31 places to #10, a YEAR after its release.

I bet you Michael can sell out any concert announcement in any city in the United States without EVER appearing on American Idol...

I bet you Michael can sell out any concert announcement in any city in the United States without EVER appearing on American Idol...

I'm sure MJ would sell-out cities like New York, Los Angels, Huston, Chicago, and Miami.

But I'm not too sure about anything else.

I don't think at this point he could go to the places he did on the U.S. led of the Bad tour.

Back