Who's left? Now that Michael is Gone!

MJ was definitely the biggest star the world saw, and his stardom was matched only by his talent. It was enormous.

However, just as a void won't be filled when he passed, I'm going to feel similarly if something ever happened to Stevie. Musically, its a toss up between him and MJ for me.

If you're talkin about Worlwide impact then forget it,there is nobody.On 25th june not just Mike died,it was the day music died.Now forget about any music that will have that impact on the whole wide world.There is nobody,I have lost all my hope of any good music in the future except all those unreleased music that MJ left behind.I like Stevie Wonder and George Michael,they have made really great music but their impact was never that bigger on people's lives.As I said in other thread it was MAGIC of Michael Jackson that rules hearts and souls of ppl all around the world,there is no Artist who can really have that impact and yeah don't hope for any miracle cuz God make miracle happen just once and that miracle was already done on 29th Aug 1958.Now we gotta wait for 100 million yrs,thats how its gonna be.I have many fav artists too and im hardcore GNR fan but Mike is really much above them,they dont even match up with 1% of Michael Jackson.

Bottom line is hope for good music as long as Mike's unreleased songs keep releasing.Once it's done all we are gonna have is Michael Jackson's classics.

True...
Everyone knew Michael Jackson, but they didn't appreciate him.

i think the person next in line to carry the torch is none other than Janet :)

Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Mick Jagger, Neil Young, B.B. King, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, Willie Nelson, Prince, David Bowie, Stevie Wonder,

so many people, Michael's gone as sad as that is but its not the end.

Stevie Wonder
Prince
Lionel Richie
Sting
George Michael
Bon Jovi
Madonna
Whitney Houston
Boys ll Men are so talented
Rod Stewart
So many people are left, yes we've lost a legend but we have lost so many legends too. This happens to everyone this isn't the end of music as some people have said!!!

it was the day music died BlackCat, music hasn't died.

People were mortified when like Frank Sinatra died and Sammy Davis Junior and James Brown died but music isn't dead its just lost a Legend. We lose them all the time. We just have to have hope that someone out there, maybe a child that has just been born has that star quality some child out there right now is probably planning their dreams of what they want to do.

:cheeky:Alright we can be delusional if we want..lot of ppl say Prince and I didnt even know Prince.I knew Mj I knew GNR I knew Stevie ofcourse I knew George Michael and many more.But Prince it kinda makes me upset..believe me ppl still dont even know who Prince is,and its true fact.Trust me the day Prince dies,in most of the countries ppl wont even know..So his music cant have that impact,and if we talk about others then they are kind of Artists who are talented but not have that ability to take the plunge.Madonna is big but not everywhere and still there are many many who dont take anything related to her seriously and these are those ppl who were already there when she started her career.And somebody said music doesnt die,its true the music already created will not die but we're talkin about future.And we're talkin about worldwide impact and most of the ppl here talkin about 4-5 countries where ppl listen to these artists.Ofcourse America is a big market but not bigger than all other music markets.So I will say it but trust me I dont wanna offend anybody inetionally but truth is no Stevie,no prince,no George Michael,no Whitney,no Celine Dion can really have that impact.Absolutely no one ,we can argue about this all our lives but we already know what the truth is.If we take a little rewind then everyone here believed Michael Jackson is the only one who can give a life to music industry again.And I still believe in that,he was the only one.There is nobody else,you can hope if you want but its not gonna happen.The coming generations will have to struggle a lot for good music plus music industry might have to sell cds at 1$ if this situation continues cuz ppl dont buy records anymore cuz they dont feel close to those Artists and dont really care much about them.But with MJ it was always different and still it is,cmon we all have Number ones.You're lying if you say you don't:D

Last edited:
it was the day music died BlackCat, music hasn't died.

People were mortified when like Frank Sinatra died and Sammy Davis Junior and James Brown died but music isn't dead its just lost a Legend. We lose them all the time. We just have to have hope that someone out there, maybe a child that has just been born has that star quality some child out there right now is probably planning their dreams of what they want to do.
Yeah I got what you mean.. but there's no one left who was as big as Michael. Because no one ever was as big and it will take a damn long time before there's another as big, if ever.

Yeah I got what you mean.. but there's no one left who was as big as Michael. Because no one ever was as big and it will take a damn long time before there's another as big, if ever.

Freddie was massive!!!! He dominated the charts when Michael did aswell

Michael is gone but his legacy isn't! So there won't have to be another Michael or whatsoever. He is the king for now and always.

Nobody, i mean not only musically, but also as a person, as a dynamic figure. He was really incomparable!! His music, his videos, his dance will live forever.

To answer your question NO ONE!
I have been a Michael Jackson / Jackson 5 admirer & supporter for decades and unfortunately most of the other artists on the scene do not make music that express the full range of human emotions, like Michael did. He was the consummate musician and artist.
The others have a limited range:
Janet - Sensual
Prince and Madonna -Sex (Overt)
Stevie Wonder - Ecletic
Sting - Global and Melancholy
Elton John - Sad and Upbeat Love Tunes?
U2 - Celtic and Mournful

Elvis - Freddie Mercury - mIchael jacksoN - EMmmm> dont know

Stevie Wonder, Aretha, Stevie Nicks, Tina Turner, Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney, U2, Prince, Madonna, Whitney Houston, Janet, Jackson brothers, Gladys Knight, Rolling Stones, Bowie, Blondie, Cyndi Lauper, Robin & Barry Gibb,etc.

Although I don't care for any of them as much I do for Michael, they are all legends and i'm glad they are still around. They can't fill the void that MJ has left for me though :-(. No one ever will.

I agree with the bee gees and Janet but Stevie isn't singing anymore. I love Stevie but I think he's retired

But that's okay. At least Stevie is still around and he performs often enough. I'm just glad he's around.

I'll have Josh Groban, best voice I've heard apart from Celine Dion. You don't need to break chart records and be a world icon to be a great singer

Josh has an amazing voice and did a great cover of She's Out Of My Life.

ok so most of us will agree that its no one. I know for me If anyone else passes away It won't make me sad. Michael was the only one I truely LOVED and looked forward to even if he had never made a cd or performed again.

We have a lot of music greats but not anyone that ppl all OVER the world will mourn for. I do like stevie wonder and think is music was great but I never really cared for him, the man. I don't know nothing about stevie.

I'm so angry. JB wanted michael to bring back the music. He was gonna do just that and now he's gone. Who will bring back the music??? No one! Oh this is just so WRONG! Nothing to look forward to anymore.

For me, no one. No one ever touched my heart even a 10th as much as Michael. But next down the line (like Michael was 1 million on a scale of 1-10 and always will be, from the moment I saw him and forever, and the next closest is a 7 or 8) would be Prince and then Janet. But I also really like Alanis Morissette. So the three of them, for me, anyways. Update: But to add or clarify, there's really no one but Michael for me. I might like others' music or performances, but no one could ever compare to Michael. He has my heart and my soul forever.

Last edited:
There no one that replace him,but we still have some great artist still here and are still going to bless us with their talents some more,like Stevie Wonder,Justin Timberlake,Usher,Beyonce,Prince,madonna and many more. I think somewhere down the line,years from now the world will embrace another superstar with simliar talents but none like MJ

Justin Timberlake, Beyonce and Usher are not legends though. I thought that's what the thread starter asked? Either way, the three of them don't deserve to be even in the same sentence with any legends, much less Michael. If this is what we have to look forward too for music, that's not saying much at all.

nobodys quite like michael are they?

i think its a bit weird when someones a massive fan of someone and then they just chop and change and become a massive fan of someone else. all seems a bit fake

We can still listen to MJs music and watch his performances.. so ill still just be a crazy MJ fan. i love stevie though, and george michael.. but its not the same is it? they are amazing but they lack that magic that michael had

I agree with the bee gees and Janet but Stevie isn't singing anymore. I love Stevie but I think he's retired

Stevie still writes and produces for other artists, he still does shows all the time, he does TV shows all the time, he had a new album out in 2005, and he also sings and plays harmonica on songs of other artists. He's very, very much far from retired.

Justin Timberlake, Beyonce and Usher are not legends though. I thought that's what the thread starter asked? Either way, the three of them don't deserve to be even in the same sentence with any legends, much less Michael. If this is what we have to look forward too for music, that's not saying much at all.
agreed!
nobodys quite like michael are they?

i think its a bit weird when someones a massive fan of someone and then they just chop and change and become a massive fan of someone else. all seems a bit fake
I just know you not talking about me?!?

Noone....MJ was globally known....He was/ is massive....yes there are other artist out there that are deemed "Great" but are they ..... Phenominal....Extraodianary...in my book not...

Noone....MJ was globally known....He was/ is massive....yes there are other artist out there that are deemed "Great" but are they ..... Phenominal....Extraodianary...in my book not...

Agrees, what you have left are legends (Stevie, Prince, Madonna, Tina Turner) and wannebes (Usher, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce etc..) but that artist that captures the world over from every race, gender, country and beyond died with Michael.

Back