Who's left? Now that Michael is Gone!

Mikejoefan

Proud Member
So who do you think it is, that's still alive and meant something to music. When I ask this I mean from michael's generation and beyond (older than him). These young folks just don't cut it or come close. So who do you think actually changed or made an impact in music and is still alive. It will never get as great as michael but who do we have left?

The only one in my book, that I like is stevie wonder. Maybe whitney. Im a fan of her voice but never listened to her music. I know some are gonna say prince but :puke: never like him at all. who else do we have you guys that REALLY and when I say REALLY I mean REALLY made an impact???? Meaning mass amounts of ppl are inspiried by that person!

oh yeah madonna although I don't get the hype on her either.

nobody even came close to Michael - nobody. well, there are people eg Stevie who have made a lasting impact - so I don't mean to minimise that. i just feel that Michael made such a huge impact and now there is a very, very big hole that nobody can fill

I think Mike is definitely the "big one"... maybe Madonna or Prince as far as cultural impact (in America atleast)? I really don't know, to be honest... I agree with djbaby, there are people who made an impact musically, but as far as a global phenomena, no one really.

noone can compare with michael no one at all!!! i miss him soooo much he was a big influence in my life

Stevie Wonder, Prince, Madonna, Whitney Houston, Janet Jackson :), maybe George Michael (he's a hater afaik). There are some others that I can't remember, but as good as these entertainers are, and they are indeed brilliant, Michael was in a league of his own. He had people doing the moonwalk all over the world. You can't top that.

Guys, the OP isn't asking you to compare them to Michael.

Really hard to say, for me personally the artists that had the biggest impact on my life was MJ, Boy George, Madonna and George Michael....

MJs my greatest inspiration and the only artist to leave a major impact on me.
I miss him soooooooo much

other than his legacy and his spirit , NOBODY . Madonna doesn't come even close . plus , i think she realizes that . i read somewhere , that , in the People Tribute To Michael she said...something like....at the Academy awards , when she went with Michael , it was pouring , and Michael was the first to get out of the car and she ' d be right after him , but after Michael got out , a bodyguard (or somebody) came with an umbrella and went in front of her , and while she was standing in the rain , she said she couldn't help but feeling amazed by people's reaction at his simple presence.:)

No one.
You can't compare anyone with the impact of Michael @ the world.
Just look at the people now all around the world. Even haters became fan after the news. I think when a celebrity like Madonna, Elton John and many more will pass away, not the whole world will be empty. If you know what I mean;)

Mariah Carey, Madonna, Aretha, Stevie, Prince, Anita Baker.

No one will ever, ever replace Michael ,but the above are great artists

For me.. Prince, he's brilliant... but I will never get the emotional connection with him as I had with Michael.

Michael Jacksonw as the greatest, the best.. and a beautiful human being:(:)

other than his legacy and his spirit , NOBODY . Madonna doesn't come even close . plus , i think she realizes that . i read somewhere , that , in the People Tribute To Michael she said...something like....at the Academy awards , when she went with Michael , it was pouring , and Michael was the first to get out of the car and she ' d be right after him , but after Michael got out , a bodyguard (or somebody) came with an umbrella and went in front of her , and while she was standing in the rain , she said she couldn't help but feeling amazed by people's reaction at his simple presence.:)
:clapping::clapping::clapping:
Loving that!

A-teens & Günther... Oops sorry, i meant Stevie and Elton John.

Nobody will ever thouch Michael. If someone come close it would be..

1. Madonna
2. Janet Jackson
3. Usher

First 10 places has Michael as the most important living artist in the history then loooooooong, loooooooong after him is Stevie Wonder, Prince, JANET Jackson and perhaps Madonna (but for me after 80s she died, 'cause now she sucks a bit)
Oh, and forgot about Paul McCartney -> but after the beatles there was nothing to be proud of...

George Michael is a great musician with a rare and beautiful voice
So..maybe George Michael and Mariah Carey...

If you're talkin about Worlwide impact then forget it,there is nobody.On 25th june not just Mike died,it was the day music died.Now forget about any music that will have that impact on the whole wide world.There is nobody,I have lost all my hope of any good music in the future except all those unreleased music that MJ left behind.I like Stevie Wonder and George Michael,they have made really great music but their impact was never that bigger on people's lives.As I said in other thread it was MAGIC of Michael Jackson that rules hearts and souls of ppl all around the world,there is no Artist who can really have that impact and yeah don't hope for any miracle cuz God make miracle happen just once and that miracle was already done on 29th Aug 1958.Now we gotta wait for 100 million yrs,thats how its gonna be.I have many fav artists too and im hardcore GNR fan but Mike is really much above them,they dont even match up with 1% of Michael Jackson.

Bottom line is hope for good music as long as Mike's unreleased songs keep releasing.Once it's done all we are gonna have is Michael Jackson's classics.

I'll have Josh Groban, best voice I've heard apart from Celine Dion. You don't need to break chart records and be a world icon to be a great singer

Back