Who is left of male artists

Okay this thread is utter bullshit.

What is the point of making this thread about male artists if you're gonna compare them to Mike, and then say they don't live up to him?
wtf.gif

Where's the logic?

No one is going to live up to him. Just like Michael's talents didn't live up to Stevie Wonder, James Brown, or Prince. So what is the point or the comparisons? There is room for everyone to make and break records. There is room for all artists. Some of you need to take your heads out of Mike's ass and realize there are other artists that are just as good LOL. As overrated as I believe he is, Mike is great, but he is not the end all of music.

Again, this thread is utter bullshit.

:rofl: Agreed with this post, too. To me, Michael is the best because he was THE FIRST true artist that I was ever introduced to when I was just 4 freakin' years old. So of course, he holds a VERY special place in my heart and ALWAYS will... because you "NEVER forget your first" (especially since he came into my life at such an early age--AND at his peak at that).

But I am also just a music lover in general. So there are MANY other male artists that I adore as well. I don't know where the rest of ya'll are coming from and what your reasons are, though. But yeah... I understand this an MJ fan forum... but we must go on and believe that one day somebody will come along and prove us all wrong. Just like MJ proved Elvis fans wrong. And NOBODY ever believed that anyone could stand next to Elvis. But guess what...??? Yep. ;)

Last edited:
:rofl: Agreed with this post, too. To me, Michael is the best because he was THE FIRST true artist that I was ever introduced to when I was just 4 freakin' years old. So of course, he holds a VERY special place in my heart and ALWAYS will... because you "NEVER forget your first" (especially since he came into my life at such an early age--AND at his peak at that).

But I am also just a music lover in general. So there are MANY other male artists that I adore as well. I don't know where the rest of ya'll are coming from and what your reasons are, though. But yeah... I understand this an MJ fan forum... but we must go on and believe that one day somebody will come along and prove us all wrong. Just like MJ proved Elvis fans wrong. And NOBODY ever believed that anyone could stand next to Elvis. But guess what...??? Yep. ;)

I'm all for keeping your first cuz everyone will always be second to Janet. However I'm not gonna sit up here and act like there's no one better than her when in reality there is. In addition I'm not gonna discredit anyone just because they don't measure up to Janet in terms of talent. And no one knows if anyone will top MJ. Hell it might be 2047 before someone comes along and tops him lol.....now I see what ppl mean when they say Mike and Madonna have the most delusional fans :rofl:

I'm all for keeping your first cuz everyone will always be second to Janet. However I'm not gonna sit up here and act like there's no one better than her when in reality there is. In addition I'm not gonna discredit anyone just because they don't measure up to Janet in terms of talent. And no one knows if anyone will top MJ. Hell it might be 2047 before someone comes along and tops him lol.....now I see what ppl mean when they say Mike and Madonna have the most delusional fans :rofl:

it would be delusional to say Michael was not the best imo :p

And totally off topic but I clicked on your 'funniest post in mjjc' thingy and now I have destroyed my keyboard and have no coffee left :lmao: That is hilarious!!!!!!!! :rollin:

it would be delusional to say Michael was not the best imo :p

And totally off topic but I clicked on your 'funniest post in mjjc' thingy and now I have destroyed my keyboard and have no coffee left :lmao: That is hilarious!!!!!!!! :rollin:

Ummm, right. I understand that's your opinion as well lol

:lmao: :clapping: :punk: That post had me in tears a couple months ago. Everyone was dying laughing at Adore's post.

Prince. He is still constantly releasing music(albeit without a record label which is a feat). From the interviews that are coming out from MJ's last months, it is obvious he was still competitive with and had respect for Prince.

Last edited:
Ok ok, good points everybody.

One name just popped to my head that we've forgotten. Lenny Kravitz. I don't think he's too rock he has all kinds of songs. Is he working on any new material?

And what about Pharell Williams from NERD? I think he is talented but has he shown what he got or is there more from him?

I agree with Jona that after Madonna there has been more female artists and there hasn't been as many male SOLO artists. But there are many male rock/pop groups.

i say prince , but obviously theres others. but i only like prince thats left. and hes interesting and mysterious , somewhat like mj, even though different.

Sadly Janet has some of the most mean spirited fans especially those who talk more garbage about Michael than any Prince and Madonna fan combined. I might half way understand their rationale but do Janet fans honestly think she'd enjoy her fans labeling Michael hurtful and nasty names like pedophile, molester and worse, I've had some Janet fans say to me they are glad that Michael is dead so that she can have the spotlight to herself. That's a huge reason why I quit being a huge fan of hers years ago, I like Janet but her fans leave a bit to be desired.

If I had to name names, Stevie Wonder and Prince most def. They're the only two I can think of with both the fame, acclaim and global presence. Artists like Elton John, Paul McCartney and George Michael are pretty popular, but I don't know if they have quite the diverse fanbase of Prince or Stevie. You go to a Stevie or Prince concert and the crowd is diverse like it was at an MJ concert.

I dont think theres another male artist that can come close to Michael nowadays.. I love Robbie Williams hes a great performer and his live shows are magical but its totally different from MJ. Justin Timberlake is fantastic but then again he doesnt have that power to reach millions of people around the globe like Mike. Theres Prince who i consider a genius so as George Michael,but Michael was the last emperor, no one can take his place.

That's a huge reason why I quit being a huge fan of hers years ago, I like Janet but her fans leave a bit to be desired.
Why is that a reason not to like an performer? I like/dislike an act because of their music, not because of what someone else thinks about them. A lot of performers I like are little known by the mainstream, so I'm not influenced by sales or if they have a lot of hit records.

MJ didn't perform for 8 years prior to his death :huh:
Also since 1988, he has only released 3 albums of new material.

Sadly Janet has some of the most mean spirited fans especially those who talk more garbage about Michael than any Prince and Madonna fan combined. I might half way understand their rationale but do Janet fans honestly think she'd enjoy her fans labeling Michael hurtful and nasty names like pedophile, molester and worse, I've had some Janet fans say to me they are glad that Michael is dead so that she can have the spotlight to herself. That's a huge reason why I quit being a huge fan of hers years ago, I like Janet but her fans leave a bit to be desired.

Okay, first of all, you probably only heard that from like one person. LOL...furthermore, it works both ways cuz there are some Mike fans that drag Janet's name. Lastly, I'm glad to hear that you let other ppl influence how you perceive an artists' music rather than using your own mind guide your opinions. :punk:

Okay this thread is utter bullshit.

What is the point of making this thread about male artists if you're gonna compare them to Mike, and then say they don't live up to him?
wtf.gif

Where's the logic?

No one is going to live up to him. Just like Michael's talents didn't live up to Stevie Wonder, James Brown, or Prince. So what is the point or the comparisons? There is room for everyone to make and break records. There is room for all artists. Some of you need to take your heads out of Mike's ass and realize there are other artists that are just as good LOL. As overrated as I believe he is, Mike is great, but he is not the end all of music.

Again, this thread is utter bullshit.

Oh, please...calm down. The opinion that Michael is the greatest artist that ever lived is no less valid an opinion than your feelings about Stevie, etc. It's an opinion and if someone feels that way, they feel that way.

My little niece happens to think Miley Cyrus is the greatest "artist" today. Her head isn't up anybody's butt, it's just that she likes Miley over others.

As an overall entertainer, a lot of people feel no one equals MJ. So what? You think differently. It's all subjective.

MJ didn't perform for 8 years prior to his death :huh:

Also since 1988, he has only released 3 albums of new material.

And....? Like I stated in a previous post in this thread, IT SHOULDN'T MATTER if an artist retires, takes a long hiatus, or leaves the industry for good. THE MUSIC LIVES ON. MUSIC IS WHAT IT IS. I definitely don't base my favorite artists on what the general public thinks of them. Actually, I could pretty much giva a rat's ass on what the general public thinks of the artists I like. People are sheep.

And....? Like I stated in a previous post in this thread, IT SHOULDN'T MATTER if an artist retires, takes a long hiatus, or leaves the industry for good. THE MUSIC LIVES ON. MUSIC IS WHAT IT IS. I definitely don't base my favorite artists on what the general public thinks of them. Actually, I could pretty much giva a rat's ass on what the general public thinks of the artists I like. People are sheep.

Agreed, of course it's about the music. And....... Michael is the only one who can make a girl collapse to her knees quivering and crying, with a look or a word or a touch. That is not my opinion. That is fact :p

Oh, please...calm down. The opinion that Michael is the greatest artist that ever lived is no less valid an opinion than your feelings about Stevie, etc. It's an opinion and if someone feels that way, they feel that way.

My little niece happens to think Miley Cyrus is the greatest "artist" today. Her head isn't up anybody's butt, it's just that she likes Miley over others.

As an overall entertainer, a lot of people feel no one equals MJ. So what? You think differently. It's all subjective.

I'm very calm actually. I'm just laughing at this thread. How do you make a thread about who's left of male artists and then discredit them by saying they wont live up to Mike. That's laughable. Like someone else said, don't use Mike's passing as an opportunity/justifcation to bash other artists.

Agreed, of course it's about the music. And....... Michael is the only one who can make a girl collapse to her knees quivering and crying, with a look or a word or a touch. That is not my opinion. That is fact :p
That is not a fact because girls did that at Beatles concerts also. The screaming was so loud that the members of the group couldn't hear each other and not many in the audience could hear them either.

That is not a fact because girls did that at Beatles concerts also. The screaming was so loud that the members of the group couldn't hear each other and not many in the audience could hear them either.

I'm sure it happened at some Elvis concerts too, it can only be fact if someone witnessed every concert, which is highly unlikely :)

LOL @ you thinking that. There were/are many megastars post-Mike

Name 'em.
There's stars, superstars, and megastars.

To be a megastar means you have to reach the globe not just a nation or two or a region or two. Your presence will have to affect & sometimes overshadow the culture.

And Mike was the megastar of megastars.
You called him overrated but I don't see Peruvian shamans performing good luck new year rituals over Madonna along with world leaders like Barack Obama, Hugo Chavez, and Fidel Castro.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7802564.stm

Looka there, the shamans consider Michael on level with world leaders. Imagine that.

The fact is there is Nobody right now & won't be for a long time. There will be somebody someday but they will have to work very long & hard to achieve the level Michael did.
John Lucas

lol, I should clarify what I meant:

how many girls did you see who just saw Michael wave at them for example and they became hysterical? I mean sure the Beatles did that, but not now. I mean you don't see hysterical people screaming for Paul McCartney nowadays do you....what I mean is Michael caused that reaction right til he passed. At all times. I am not just talking about concerts ;)

Michael had that magic touch in his tweens, teens, 20s, 30s, 40s, right up to when we lost him.

The Beatles had it but not for that long. Girls were not going mental for the Beatles in 1990 for example...but they were for Michael. But really this thread is not about who caused the most hysteria..

It was just a lighthearted comment, I don't wanna start a debate. :p

lol, I should clarify what I meant:

how many girls did you see who just saw Michael wave at them for example and they became hysterical? I mean sure the Beatles did that, but not now. I mean you don't see hysterical people screaming for Paul McCartney nowadays do you....what I mean is Michael caused that reaction right til he passed. At all times. I am not just talking about concerts ;)

Michael had that magic touch in his tweens, teens, 20s, 30s, 40s, right up to when we lost him.

The Beatles had it but not for that long. Girls were not going mental for the Beatles in 1990 for example...but they were for Michael. But really this thread is not about who caused the most hysteria..

It was just a lighthearted comment, I don't wanna start a debate. :p

The girls weren't going mental for the Beatles in 1990 because they broke up in 1970 :)

Last edited:
Name 'em.
There's stars, superstars, and megastars.

To be a megastar means you have to reach the globe not just a nation or two or a region or two. Your presence will have to affect & sometimes overshadow the culture.

And Mike was the megastar of megastars.
You called him overrated but I don't see Peruvian shamans performing good luck new year rituals over Madonna along with world leaders like Barack Obama, Hugo Chavez, and Fidel Castro.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7802564.stm

Looka there, the shamans consider Michael on level with world leaders. Imagine that.

The fact is there is Nobody right now & won't be for a long time. There will be somebody someday but they will have to work very long & hard to achieve the level Michael did.
John Lucas

LOL @ you giving stipulations for what constitutes as a megastar lol. Being a star is based off popularity and really nothing more. And Paris Hilton is living proof of that. There are plenty post-mike: Madonna, Janet, Whitney, Mariah, Britney, Backstreet Boys. They were all HUGE during their primes. Madonna and Janet are givens as they are the two biggest female icons in history. Whitney's voice is the standard in the US and around the world. "I Will Always Love You" is more successful than any Michael song, and probably more well known. Find me one season of American Idol in the US or around the world where someone doesn't sing a Whitney song. Mariah, selling over 200mil albums in a 18 year period. Backstreet Boys, the arguably the biggest boy band of the late 20th century. Britney the tabloids around the world can't keep her off their covers. Stop acting like Mike is the end of the megastar age :lmao:

LOL @ you giving stipulations for what constitutes as a megastar lol. Being a star is based off popularity and really nothing more. And Paris Hilton is living proof of that. There are plenty post-mike: Madonna, Janet, Whitney, Mariah, Britney, Backstreet Boys. They were all HUGE during their primes. Madonna and Janet are givens as they are the two biggest female icons in history. Whitney's voice is the standard in the US and around the world. "I Will Always Love You" is more successful than any Michael song, and probably more well known. Find me one season of American Idol in the US or around the world where someone doesn't sing a Whitney song. Mariah, selling over 200mil albums in a 18 year period. Backstreet Boys, the arguably the biggest boy band of the late 20th century. Britney the tabloids around the world can't keep her off their covers. Stop acting like Mike is the end of the megastar age :lmao:

:shock: How odd. I woke up with this exact song in my head this morning. I was having a dream of The Bodyguard, too (don't ask me why, LOL). First time since June 25th that it wasn't an MJ song that I woke up with in my head. I haven't heard that song in AGES, either. I swear... I'm just a freakin' weirdo. :p

Last edited:
Prince was a genius also. I loved both MJ and Prince growing up. Still love Prince. I think he's the only one that comes close.

i agree. i was born in the 70's those are my heros from childhood till forever..
I don't see real stars coming now days. unfornately. maybe in a couple decades from now..perhaps....

Okay, first of all, you probably only heard that from like one person. LOL...furthermore, it works both ways cuz there are some Mike fans that drag Janet's name. Lastly, I'm glad to hear that you let other ppl influence how you perceive an artists' music rather than using your own mind guide your opinions. :punk:

Actually I heard that from numerous Janet fans over the YEARS and who I like or don't like is none of your business. Furthermore why do you care how I perceive someone? I haven't been buying Janet's music since 1993 and won't buy anything further that's my choice :punk:

:shock: How odd. I woke up with this exact song in my head this morning. I was having a dream of The Bodyguard, too (don't ask me why, LOL). First time since June 25th that it wasn't an MJ song that I woke up with in my head. I haven't heard that song in AGES, either. I swear... I'm just a freakin' weirdo. :p

I've done that. Woke up in the morning singing random songs. Then I start playing all their music on my iTunes lol

Back