Who is left of male artists

I've had Prince fans a ton of them to flat out tell me especially at the prince.org they hate Michael and Prince is it for them so yes there are fans of artists who only like THEIR favorite artist. Michael is my all time favorite but i like others but I've seen it with Elvis fans, Madonna fans etc.. hell some Janet fans hate Michael and call him nasty evil names but I think Michael has left a void that won't be filled until another generation comes along.

LOL! For me, it's the other way around. I LOVE Michael and I CAN'T STAND Janet (although, I do love her song, "Again" ... that's pretty much the only song I care for, though). Sorry Janet fans. :p

And yes... I also know people who prefer Prince over Michael as well. :yes:

As a note, MJ was not 100% creative/new either. He took moves from Fred Astaire and James Brown. He covered many songs. He borrowed moves from kids on the street and adapted them.

In the dancing aspect, Usher is the best we have right now for sure. He does what MJ did. Adapted moves, made them his own. When he dances, he doesn't look like Michael Jackson. He doesn't look like James Brown. Or Janet Jackson, MC Hammer, whoever. He looks like Usher Raymond.

As a note, MJ was not 100% creative/new either. He took moves from Fred Astaire and James Brown. He covered many songs. He borrowed moves from kids on the street and adapted them.

In the dancing aspect, Usher is the best we have right now for sure. He does what MJ did. Adapted moves, made them his own. When he dances, he doesn't look like Michael Jackson. He doesn't look like James Brown. Or Janet Jackson, MC Hammer, whoever. He looks like Usher Raymond.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

The question is can Usher make that transition and continue a solid career in his 30s that's the bigger challenge. All of the greats from Marvin, Stevie to Prince and Michael were able to even with having more difficult challenges to contend with. If Usher can be content with not having anymore Confessions sales and just make solid albums then he'll be alright. Right now the best in R&B that is still here is R.Kelly, now if only he can make an all singing album again and kill autotune...........

UGH. I am so over R. Kelly. Usher and P. Diddy all the way!!
icon14.gif

If we're talking male artists in general, Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen are still producing great music.
Obviously completely different artists to Michael but legends in their own right.

The last act that interested me was New Edition. Usher, Justin Timberlake, Akon etc doesn't do anything for me.

The last act that interested me was New Edition. Usher, Justin Timberlake, Akon etc doesn't do anything for me.

Say it again honey! I don't listen to any of this new stuff. I haven't turned on the radio in YEARS. I get bits and pieces of new stuff occasionally from friends or when I'm out partying or when I turn on VH1 soul but that's about it. I can't stand it... Usher is ookay for me, there is something about his attitude and music that bothers me a little although I can't put my finger on exactly WHAT it is... Actually no. I can. The cockiness. It's wack. Justin's okay too but you won't see me spending money in anything he puts out. And Akon.. please. I know it's blasphemous to bash that man here on this board since he was such a good friend to MJ, and that's great, but his music SUCKS. Sorry, it just does. His voice makes me wanna throw myself out of a window. IF that's what I have to look forward too every time I turn on the radio, I'll pass. That's what my iPod is for...

Sorry for that random ramble..

I think what has to be realised is it's *impossible* to do what Mike did/or better, he was the LAST of a generation of entertainers. Entertainer is the key word because we don't have people like him anymore. Kids want Lady GaGa etc, pop acts, while may be talented, won't last. The music video is dead, the single is dead, the record is almost dead.

So in conclusion nobody could top what he did (sales wise at the very least), he was the last and greatest entertainer.

I wish for nothing more than someone to show me different, but this is just the way it is these days huh?

(having said all that I love a bit of Prince! haha!)

If we're talking male artists in general, Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen are still producing great music.
Obviously completely different artists to Michael but legends in their own right.

Is it just my imagination or do I remember Mike saying he was inspired by Bruce Springsteen's epic stamina?

Say it again honey! I don't listen to any of this new stuff. I haven't turned on the radio in YEARS. I get bits and pieces of new stuff occasionally from friends or when I'm out partying or when I turn on VH1 soul but that's about it. I can't stand it... Usher is ookay for me, there is something about his attitude and music that bothers me a little although I can't put my finger on exactly WHAT it is... Actually no. I can. The cockiness. It's wack. Justin's okay too but you won't see me spending money in anything he puts out. And Akon.. please. I know it's blasphemous to bash that man here on this board since he was such a good friend to MJ, and that's great, but his music SUCKS. Sorry, it just does. His voice makes me wanna throw myself out of a window. IF that's what I have to look forward too every time I turn on the radio, I'll pass. That's what my iPod is for...

Sorry for that random ramble..
New Edition is the only group of its type that had success with individual offspring acts like BBD, Johnny Gill, Bobby Brown, & Ralph Tresvant. They still tour today, but they've never gotten much recognition unfortuately. Without them there wouldn't have been a New Kids On The Block (literally in their case), N*Sync, Spice Girls, Jodeci, Boyz II Men, and many other acts. Usher started out as a Bobby Brown clone. TLC was pretty much a female BBD. A lot of the acts influenced by them became more successful than NE were.

I LOVED NE. I loved them! The solo stuff, BBD. All of it. NE was MY Jackson 5 growing up. I mean they weren't related but u know what I'm talking about.. the style.. the way they dressed, the dances. They would have made more money and probably would have been more successful if they knew more about the business.. the others that came after were more successful because they had more marketing and gimmicry behind them. Is gimmicry a word? But yeah. U know what I mean...

^^^^What I really want to know is how come Ronnie DeVoe still looks like he's 16 years old, lol.

Well, there are good male singers, like Elthon John, Paul McCartney, George Michael or Prince (not my music taste though)...

But no one same "exciting" as Michael was...

Is it just my imagination or do I remember Mike saying he was inspired by Bruce Springsteen's epic stamina?

I think he didn't like Bruce Springsteen (I red it somewhere)...

Dagnabbit! They just got rid of two of the videos I had posted from Prince. Unless you live outside the US, I guess, you can't watch them. Now there's just "Erotic City" and "Little Red Corvette" ... just the songs... the videos are well... just listen to the music and you'll know what I mean. :p This guy is too damn smart. No free music for you, bastads!!

*shakes fist at sky*

the answer is no one, why do you think the entire world is devastated? mike's history as an entertainer is the most unique out of everyone.

Oh and YES!! I LOVE me my New Edition, too!! I was so THRILLED when they came back with their album, Home Again. "Can You Stand the Rain" and "I'm Still in Love With You" are still two of my favorite love jams of all time!! They're the best!! :D

I thought that they were supposed to come back again a few years ago, and that P. Diddy was going to be the one producing their new album? Did that ever happen or what???

See, the thing is is that they don't promote any of the old school stuff anymore, so the fans don't know WTF is going on with their favorite (old) artists! The industry cares more now about manufacturing a new 'plastic' product that can't even compare! :rant:

:angel: God please, have some mercy on the ones who still know in their hearts what great music is. We want our children to know, too. :pray: LOL

Oh and YES!! I LOVE me my New Edition, too!! I was so THRILLED when they came back with their album, Home Again. "Can You Stand the Rain" and "I'm Still in Love With You" are still two of my favorite love jams of all time!! They're the best!! :D

I thought that they were supposed to come back again a few years ago, and that P. Diddy was going to be the one producing their new album? Did that ever happen or what???

See, the thing is is that they don't promote any of the old school stuff anymore, so the fans don't know WTF is going on with their favorite (old) artists! The industry cares more now about manufacturing a new 'plastic' product that can't even compare! :rant:

:angel: God please, have some mercy on the ones who still know in their hearts what great music is. We want our children to know, too. :pray: LOL
That album was released in 2004. Bobby didn't participate though. I have the album which is called "One Love", it's alright, the best stuff on it was produced by Jam & Lewis, the weakest songs were the ones by the newer producers. Puffy screwed them over. He put the album out and didn't promote it. So NE asked to be released from their contract. Johnny Gill said in an interview at the time that Puffy wanted them to record all of these teenybop songs, when the group wanted to do mature material. I guess Puffy wanted them to be the Backstreet Boys or something.

No one is on that level, but just off the top of my head I'd say Usher, Justin Timberfake, Maxwell, and Ne-Yo.

I see a lot of Michael in Justin and User, but real talk they will never touch Michael. He is untouchable he set the bar way to high. But I love Usher (My Baby) and Justin (why? cause the learnt from Michael (My #1 BABY 4-Life).

NO ONE can ever impress me like Michael can.

I Love U Baby and miss u so much.

Back in the day there used to be more male artists but it seems like after Madonna took off that females took over the music industry. Michael was the last. Yes, there are wannabes but they don't even compare to Madonna's impact and success let alone MJ's so there's really no comparison (especially not having any originality).

The 'Holy Trinity' as some say

MJ - Prince - Madonna

All born in 1958, all peaked around the same time, all made the 80s the most exciting decade ever.

Has never been the same since.

Prince is an amazing artist. I love his music and he's got such an unique style. He is in a league of his own. i don't think he should be compared to MJ, because they both went on separate ways and left their own legacy. Hopefully Prince will release more music :yes:

I love Stevie but he's old school...

I love Stevie Wonder :wub: ....he IS a musical genious and he is still here and cannot be compared to Michael because they have different styles....but nobody is on the same level as Michael Jackson, the MJ hysteria started long ago and will never stop. No one can possibly follow that. Nobody will ever achieve that mass hysteria and following again

Prince never stopped making and releasing music. He is a genious in his own right. But I don't think anyone can recreate the 'mania' that was around Michael. There are some decent artists out there though. Prince, Elton, Stevie...

I see a lot of Michael in Justin and User, but real talk they will never touch Michael. He is untouchable he set the bar way to high. But I love Usher (My Baby) and Justin (why? cause the learnt from Michael (My #1 BABY 4-Life).

NO ONE can ever impress me like Michael can.

I Love U Baby and miss u so much.

Okay this thread is utter bullshit.

What is the point of making this thread about male artists if you're gonna compare them to Mike, and then say they don't live up to him?
wtf.gif

Where's the logic?

No one is going to live up to him. Just like Michael's talents didn't live up to Stevie Wonder, James Brown, or Prince. So what is the point or the comparisons? There is room for everyone to make and break records. There is room for all artists. Some of you need to take your heads out of Mike's ass and realize there are other artists that are just as good LOL. As overrated as I believe he is, Mike is great, but he is not the end all of music.

Again, this thread is utter bullshit.

Back